Truther movements, in general.

• 32 Replies
Truther movements, in general.
« on: August 28, 2017, 08:06:11 PM »
All truther movements are the same. A relatively small group of people notice something odd, begin to research, find they are not alone in noticing this oddity and gradually discover hidden knowledge. When they become excited, they will try to reach out and tell other people this hidden knowledge, which will be received poorly. They forget that their entire lives, they dismissed similar claims just as other people now do to them. And realizing that they have become "crazy" according to mainstream thinking, they will start to wonder what other "crazy" theories are also true, being cautious at first to not go down too many rabbit holes, but then become addicted to hidden knowledge. After a while, it becomes impossible to distinguish hidden truth from made-up lies, and people find themselves mired in fearful conspiracism.

Thus, the truth about so many things will always remain hidden, except to the handful of people willing to carefully discern between reality and fantasy.

All truther movements are the same in so many ways.
A troll within a troll within a troll.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Poe's_Law

disputeone

• Or should I?
Re: Truther movements, in general.
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 08:29:37 PM »
http://www.wtc7evaluation.org/

Tune in at 8 p.m. Eastern Time on Wednesday, September 6, 2017, to watch the livestream of Dr. Leroy Hulsey’s presentation from the University of Alaska Fairbanks. There he will present the findings and conclusions of the study detailed in his team’s September 2017 progress report, which will be issued the same day.

A draft report of the study will be released in October or November 2017 and will be open for public comment for a six-week period, allowing for input from the public and the engineering community. A final report will then be published in early 2018.
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 08:51:05 PM »
All truther movements are the same. A relatively small group of people notice something odd, begin to research, find they are not alone in noticing this oddity and gradually discover hidden knowledge. When they become excited, they will try to reach out and tell other people this hidden knowledge, which will be received poorly. They forget that their entire lives, they dismissed similar claims just as other people now do to them. And realizing that they have become "crazy" according to mainstream thinking, they will start to wonder what other "crazy" theories are also true, being cautious at first to not go down too many rabbit holes, but then become addicted to hidden knowledge. After a while, it becomes impossible to distinguish hidden truth from made-up lies, and people find themselves mired in fearful conspiracism.

Thus, the truth about so many things will always remain hidden, except to the handful of people willing to carefully discern between reality and fantasy.

What you say may be true, but FE is the grand daddy of all the conspiracies.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 09:35:27 PM »

What you say may be true, but FE is the grand daddy of all the conspiracies.

Two people see a light uncovered. One person's mind becomes illuminated by a new truth, while the other person becomes fixated on the person who covered it in the first place.

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 10:00:11 PM »
Disagree on the term "truther". Happy to consider these movements as "Conspiracy theory". Some conspiracy theories have with time and reliable evidence proven to be true. Most, like Flat Earth, Alien Abduction and vaccines causing autism, will remain in the crackpot bin though. Their popularity in recent times is simply a result of the internet (in particular forums like this and youtube) and the generally poor education in science and critical analysis of evidence that pervades those who believe such nonsense.

I must admit, I love your terminology "addicted to hidden knowledge". It so succinctly summarises the psychology behind the cognitive dissonance required to truly believe in such conspiracies.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 10:50:24 PM by Zammo »
If I'm a complete Idiot for not believing in your Heliocentric fairytale then so be it.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2017, 12:48:46 AM »
You can tell you're onto something when the shills come out of the woodwork.

I could post all day about ayylmao reptillians and no one cares. Mention wtc7 or the world banks and there's quite the response from our friendly neighbourhood intelligece agencies.
I'm anti-judaism.

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2017, 02:24:27 AM »
You can tell you're onto something when the shills come out of the woodwork.

I could post all day about ayylmao reptillians and no one cares. Mention wtc7 or the world banks and there's quite the response from our friendly neighbourhood intelligece agencies.

Yes, I'm quite sure the "intelligece agencies" are quaking in their boots about activity on the Flat Earth society. 😂😂😂
If I'm a complete Idiot for not believing in your Heliocentric fairytale then so be it.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2017, 02:39:16 AM »
Not much here, obviously. There's usually at least one asset keeping an eye on forums such as this. Obviously larger forums get more attention. This one is good in that regard.

Let's look at what the CIA actually do before you laugh anything off.

The Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) is a civilian foreign intelligence service of the United States federal government, tasked with gathering, processing, and analyzing national security information from around the world, primarily through the use of human intelligence (HUMINT).

But the idea they gather information from the largest communication tool that exists using human intelligence is just so stupid right?

Typo.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 02:46:52 AM by disputeone »
I'm anti-judaism.

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2017, 06:30:36 AM »
Disagree on the term "truther". Happy to consider these movements as "Conspiracy theory". Some conspiracy theories have with time and reliable evidence proven to be true. Most, like Flat Earth, Alien Abduction and vaccines causing autism, will remain in the crackpot bin though. Their popularity in recent times is simply a result of the internet (in particular forums like this and youtube) and the generally poor education in science and critical analysis of evidence that pervades those who believe such nonsense.

I must admit, I love your terminology "addicted to hidden knowledge". It so succinctly summarises the psychology behind the cognitive dissonance required to truly believe in such conspiracies.

What becomes appealing to the conspiracist is not the veracity of the information, but how insidious the secret plot might be. As I said, it's a fear of missing out when the secrets are finally revealed. It's like being a hipster, they want to be able to say they knew about that conspiracy BEFORE it went mainstream.

In some cultures, the more deeply one believes something, the less likely one would be to tell everyone who will listen. Truth is revealed within a person's mind, so yelling and screaming Alex Jones style will never lead anyone to a knowledge of anything, hidden or known openly.

In simpler words, some will find the truth but most will not--because they are not predisposed to seeing it in the first place.

Thus, the safest place to hide something is in plain sight. Removing unnecessary racial undertones from a well-worn quote and updating it, we can say "if you want to hide something from the general public, put it on the internet".

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2017, 07:22:30 PM »

What becomes appealing to the conspiracist is not the veracity of the information, but how insidious the secret plot might be. As I said, it's a fear of missing out when the secrets are finally revealed. It's like being a hipster, they want to be able to say they knew about that conspiracy BEFORE it went mainstream.

In some cultures, the more deeply one believes something, the less likely one would be to tell everyone who will listen. Truth is revealed within a person's mind, so yelling and screaming Alex Jones style will never lead anyone to a knowledge of anything, hidden or known openly.

In simpler words, some will find the truth but most will not--because they are not predisposed to seeing it in the first place.

Thus, the safest place to hide something is in plain sight. Removing unnecessary racial undertones from a well-worn quote and updating it, we can say "if you want to hide something from the general public, put it on the internet".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/COINTELPRO

Out of genuine curiousity is there anything you disagree with the TV about? Doesn't have to be massive just anything you disagree with the TV about.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 07:24:15 PM by disputeone »
I'm anti-judaism.

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2017, 08:04:51 PM »

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/COINTELPRO

Out of genuine curiousity is there anything you disagree with the TV about? Doesn't have to be massive just anything you disagree with the TV about.

I'd tell you, except I don't even watch TV. I'm not sure how to answer that.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2017, 08:52:09 PM »
The mainsteam natrative then. Is there anything you disagree with?

Here is an example. I disagree with this.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassination_of_John_F._Kennedy

A ten-month investigation by the Warren Commission from November 1963 to September 1964 concluded that Oswald acted alone in shooting Kennedy, and that Jack Ruby also acted alone when he killed Oswald before he could stand trial.

Do you disagree with anything mainstream?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 08:53:54 PM by disputeone »
I'm anti-judaism.

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2017, 09:13:34 PM »
The mainsteam natrative then. Is there anything you disagree with?

Here is an example. I disagree with this.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassination_of_John_F._Kennedy

A ten-month investigation by the Warren Commission from November 1963 to September 1964 concluded that Oswald acted alone in shooting Kennedy, and that Jack Ruby also acted alone when he killed Oswald before he could stand trial.

Do you disagree with anything mainstream?

Of course.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2017, 09:48:44 PM »
Elaborate please. Cite examples if possible.
I'm anti-judaism.

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2017, 10:26:04 PM »
Elaborate please. Cite examples if possible.

I don't like candy corn.

Also, what's the deal with popular music these days?

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2017, 11:38:41 PM »
Weak. You failed my litmus test.
I'm anti-judaism.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2017, 11:54:59 PM »

I don't like candy corn.

I know, right?  It's just candle wax.

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2017, 09:57:47 PM »

Darn.

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2017, 01:48:01 AM »

Darn.

You have brought something up that appears to be endemic particularly in the USA where even the president is affected, and that is disregard for the truth regardless of the evidence.

On this forum the following beliefs are pretty mainstream though different flat-tards will subscribe to various belief mixtures:

The earth is flat
The sun is only 34 miles in diameters and 3000 miles from the earth
The earth is covered by a Dome
The earth has an ice wall
Antartica is off limits
There are undiscovered continents on an infinite plane connected at Antartica.
There is a black sun and moon
Gravity does not exist
The earth is surrounded by aether
Satelites do not exist
Spaceflight is a hoax
NASA is up to all kinds of dubious activities
Global warming is fake
Moonlight is dangerous and precautions need to be taken at night
Sunlight is beneficial and the sun should be looked at for long periods.
Every image taken from space is a product of CGI
The fossil record is a hoax and all the fossils in the world have been made in China
Perpetual motion machines are real
All history up to 1600 approx has been faked
Penguins are not natural and are a result of a genetic experiment

The list goes on as there are many things I have missed.
The question is  why would any sane person wish to believe in any of the above as there is no evidence to support any of them? That's the real mystery.

-

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2017, 03:39:48 AM »

You have brought something up that appears to be endemic particularly in the USA where even the president is affected, and that is disregard for the truth regardless of the evidence.

On this forum the following beliefs are pretty mainstream though different flat-tards will subscribe to various belief mixtures:

The earth is flat
Antartica is off limits
Gravity does not exist
Satelites do not exist
Spaceflight is a hoax
Global warming is fake
The fossil record is a hoax and all the fossils in the world have been made in China

The question is  why would any sane person wish to believe in any of the above as there is no evidence to support any of them? That's the real mystery.

-

When you put it like that, it sounds absolutely fuckstick batshit whacko insane!
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2017, 10:49:16 PM »
What the fuck is this forum.

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2017, 02:05:04 AM »

Look at the header.....it contains a clue.
But let me expand.

It's a place for people, who don't understand the world and are unhappy with the way it is and regardless of facts are determined to create a fictional construct.

In any fictional story you need a villain, in theirs it's NASA, or the illuminati, take your pick. Plus all the non FE visitors shills!

What also is required is a hero, and that's what they see themselves as, heroes battling against adversity and overwhelming odds.

The plot that the hero finds themselves in in a quest to uncover a greater truth that's been hidden from humanity for centuries. Only they, the heros, know this truth and their mission in life is to uncover and reveal the truth to all the mindless unthinking sheep.

It sounds a promising story, hero who knows the truth but with scant resources battling against a foe with overwhelming resources who is determined to hide the truth, the classic David and Goliath.

The problem is the FE community have had to make so much stuff up to support their fiction that is not supported by any evidence. They have created for themselves a make believe world that's held together by layers of fiction fixed to a foundation of conspiracy.

To answer your question, this forum is a place for Flat-tards to reinforce their various beliefs for which they need 'supporters of the dark side' to feed off. If all the 'angry globuralists'.....yes she still uses that term, left they would all just crumble into dust.

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2017, 05:58:08 PM »

Look at the header.....it contains a clue.
But let me expand.

It's a place for people, who don't understand the world and are unhappy with the way it is and regardless of facts are determined to create a fictional construct.

In any fictional story you need a villain, in theirs it's NASA, or the illuminati, take your pick. Plus all the non FE visitors shills!

What also is required is a hero, and that's what they see themselves as, heroes battling against adversity and overwhelming odds.

The plot that the hero finds themselves in in a quest to uncover a greater truth that's been hidden from humanity for centuries. Only they, the heros, know this truth and their mission in life is to uncover and reveal the truth to all the mindless unthinking sheep.

It sounds a promising story, hero who knows the truth but with scant resources battling against a foe with overwhelming resources who is determined to hide the truth, the classic David and Goliath.

The problem is the FE community have had to make so much stuff up to support their fiction that is not supported by any evidence. They have created for themselves a make believe world that's held together by layers of fiction fixed to a foundation of conspiracy.

To answer your question, this forum is a place for Flat-tards to reinforce their various beliefs for which they need 'supporters of the dark side' to feed off. If all the 'angry globuralists'.....yes she still uses that term, left they would all just crumble into dust.

There are no flat-earth believers posting here, though.

It's just people like you posting anti-FE stuff all day long.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2017, 06:01:54 PM »
In any fictional story you need a villain, in theirs it's NASA, or the illuminati, take your pick.

I'm anti-judaism.

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2017, 06:06:57 PM »
Troll god truly is shit at his job.

Not even a d student
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2017, 08:11:55 PM »
It has become a shill fest.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2017, 11:33:12 PM »

And the irony is of course that 'truther movements' are not truth at all, but delusion, ignorance and garden-variety stupidity.

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2017, 11:43:46 PM »

Darn.

The earth is flat
Antartica is off limits
Gravity does not exist
Satelites do not exist
Spaceflight is a hoax
Global warming is fake

-

The reason is actually disturbingly simple. Self-validation and self-image. People need to believe in themselves and to think well about who they are. Most people do this reasonably well, but some have very poor education, a relatively low intelligence and low social interaction skills. They should (and do) feel bad about themselves and seek to improve that self-image. There are a good number of ways to do this of course, but one way is to fabricate a delusional self-image that you are the possessors of 'deep knowledge' or 'secret information'. This implies that you are better than average instead of the reality that you are well BELOW average. So conspiracy theories are a natural way to get validation and group/peer support based on these mutual delusions. It allows you to think you are very intelligent instead of the truth that you are the opposite.

The general evidence to support this hypothesis is that you will notice that all FEers are poorly educated, low IQ and have social inadequacies. The exception to that is otherwise bright and educated people who suffer from sever mental health issues.

People need to feel valued and important. That need is so strong that moving into the arena of delusional behaviour is fairly easy.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2017, 01:23:20 AM »

The general evidence to support this hypothesis is that you will notice that all FEers are poorly educated, low IQ and have social inadequacies. The exception to that is otherwise bright and educated people who suffer from sever mental health issues.

I found a picture of your high horse . . .

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2017, 03:00:25 AM »

I found a picture of your high horse . . .

And you pretty much proved my point.