Where's the Love for Bipolar FET?

• 12 Replies

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
Where's the Love for Bipolar FET?
« on: November 15, 2016, 02:38:30 PM »
DET aside, as I already understand it and there are limited adherents, is there anyone out there who adheres to a model where the North and South pole both exist?

I've seen a couple of mentions of such a model, particularly on older threads, just wondering if any users still accept it.
If so, can someone explain the Sun's path? I'll understand if you don't have an accurate map etc, just broadly speaking, I'm wondering how it works. General relationships only.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

disputeone

• Or should I?
Re: Where's the Love for Bipolar FET?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 02:47:46 PM »
Micro aggression against an oppressed group and not PC.

😂😂😂

Just kidding.
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 03:47:14 PM »
That's a really neat question. My first thought is perhaps there would be 2 suns in that model, but then there needs to be an explanation for why only one is ever seen in places where they would pass near each other. I'm having trouble visualizing a way for a single source of light to behave the way we observe across the entire Earth throughout a day.

Very neat question.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 05:29:39 PM »
DET aside, as I already understand it and there are limited adherents, is there anyone out there who adheres to a model where the North and South pole both exist?

I've seen a couple of mentions of such a model, particularly on older threads, just wondering if any users still accept it.
If so, can someone explain the Sun's path? I'll understand if you don't have an accurate map etc, just broadly speaking, I'm wondering how it works. General relationships only.
Tom Bishop, who posts mainly on TFES.org supports the "Bipolar Map" more or less as presented in
But, be warned, you're in for a rough ride with all these "Monstrous Hypothetical Motions"
and some "interesting" ideas about astronomy.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 05:44:34 PM »

Tom Bishop, who posts mainly on TFES.org supports the "Bipolar Map" more or less as presented in
But, be warned, you're in for a rough ride with all these "Monstrous Hypothetical Motions"
I got through DET  :P Looking forward to it!
Thanks for the reference.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 11:15:37 PM »
The half tiger dude posted a map of one not too long ago, saying it's the correct model, I keep meaning to ask him how it works

Candlejack

• Econ graduate and a MAP
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2016, 09:04:36 AM »
The half tiger dude posted a map of one not too long ago, saying it's the correct model, I keep meaning to ask him how it works
"Here, this copypaste explains it all."

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2016, 11:48:42 AM »
So, by the look of it, the Sun rotates, spiralling around a pole, before shifting to the current over the other pole, and spiralling over that one. And then light, explained to travel in great curves, move to shift perception of where the Sun 'rises.'
Happy to follow with such statements, in-model, but it seems to do weird things with how much light the Sun emits. There are times where it would be further South than the South pole, and yet still gives off enough light to light the Northern hemisphere, with it still being night in some places.
Can anyone clarify the movement of light? Might just be me, but I can't see what rules would allow it to light the opposing hemisphere while still allowing night.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2016, 06:13:30 PM »
So, by the look of it, the Sun rotates, spiralling around a pole, before shifting to the current over the other pole, and spiralling over that one. And then light, explained to travel in great curves, move to shift perception of where the Sun 'rises.'
Happy to follow with such statements, in-model, but it seems to do weird things with how much light the Sun emits. There are times where it would be further South than the South pole, and yet still gives off enough light to light the Northern hemisphere, with it still being night in some places.
Can anyone clarify the movement of light? Might just be me, but I can't see what rules would allow it to light the opposing hemisphere while still allowing night.
Shock, horror, Jane of all people has not done her homework!

Did you see the diagram on p 30 of Sea-Earth Globe and the "explanation" on pp 32,33?
TWO POLES.

Fig, 25

The question has been asked, If the sun crosses from the
northern circuit to the southern, how is it so little difference
is observable in its positions? The above diagram (Fig. 25)
will help the student to understand this more intricate part
of the subject; but we must remember that there is a great
difference between the motions of the solar orb, and the
motions of light which proceed in every direction away from
it. The motions of the celestial bodies we have already
explained in connection w ith Fig. 22; and we have also
shewn that the equator is a broad belt of vertical rays, and
not a mere “imaginary line.”

We will refer to Fig. 25. A t the vernal equinox the sun is
at E in the morning at 6 a.m. Its height travelling round with
the etherial currents, is seen at the same moment by an
observer at A. Now an observer always sees an object in
the direction of the rays entering the eye; and the curve
of about 6,000 miles from E to A is so great, that for the
last few miles the rays seem to come to A in a straight line
in the direction from H. Hence he sees the sun’s image
rise “due east,” not north-east, proving that light travels
in great curves.

In the same way observers at a, and at M, see their dffferent
sun images at I and at T ; but it is self-evident that the orb
of the sun itself cannot be in these various positions at one
and the same time. Six hours later the sun itself arrives
from E to A, and it may happen that then its swirl outwards
from N drives it into the southern current, and it goes round
with that current in the direction of the arrow until it arrives
at p, when its light, preceding it in a great curve, the sun’s
image is again seen at H from A.
It then goes round with the southern currents, daily,
contracting its circle in a fine spiral until it arrives at 23 1/2° S.
when, having lost its further southern tendency or swirl,
electrical and magnetic forces, doubtless under intelligent
supervision, drive it again northwards. Similar explanations
apply to the moon, and to the planets, but with different
periods, owing to their different altitudes, as already explained
in a former article.

And there you have it, it's so "shimple" - look what our kids are missing out at school!

Just learn
"but we must remember that there is a great difference between the motions of the solar orb, and the motions of light which proceed in every direction away from it."

and you did see the wondrous proof of "bendy light" in
"the curve of about 6,000 miles from E to A is so great, that for the last few miles the rays seem to come to A in a straight line in the direction from H. Hence he sees the sun’s image rise “due east,” not north-east, proving that light travels in great curves.

and
"when, having lost its further southern tendency or swirl, electrical and magnetic forces, doubtless under intelligent supervision, drive it again northwards."

Do you wonder that Tom Bishop of TFES.org isn't fazed by "bendy light"?

;D ;D Now make sure you learn all your bendy light theory by tomorrow, or there'll be "Trouble in River City, Trouble with a Capital T" - yes Brisbane is called the "River City".  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 03:30:50 AM by rabinoz »

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2016, 01:11:56 AM »
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=64997.0

As for the bipolar map, I introduced the global Piri Reis map here for the first time, some eight years ago...

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2016, 04:53:53 AM »
Just learn
"but we must remember that there is a great difference between the motions of the solar orb, and the motions of light which proceed in every direction away from it."

"the curve of about 6,000 miles from E to A is so great, that for the last few miles the rays seem to come to A in a straight line in the direction from H. Hence he sees the sun’s image rise “due east,” not north-east, proving that light travels in great curves.

and
"when, having lost its further southern tendency or swirl, electrical and magnetic forces, doubtless under intelligent supervision, drive it again northwards."

;D ;D Now make sure you learn all your bendy light theory by tomorrow, or there'll be "Trouble in River City, Trouble with a Capital T" - yes Brisbane is called the "River City".  ;D ;D
I did read that, but my confusion is over the behaviour when the Sun's at L or R, or positions like that. Light travelling in great curves would still indicate that it would illumination most if not all of the hemisphere it's in, while leaving the far one dark.

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=64997.0

As for the bipolar map, I introduced the global Piri Reis map here for the first time, some eight years ago...
I have seen a few of your posts over the forum, but typically they take a lot more work than just one post to understand, and it can be tricky to find the particular answers that you're looking for. If, as it sounds, you have an approximate map and what seems to be a fair concrete path of the Sun, would it be possible to ask for an image of the map with the Sun's path quickly drawn on? I'm struggling to understand a lot of the diagrams in that thread.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2016, 04:58:25 AM »
Just learn

and

I did read that, but my confusion is over the behaviour when the Sun's at L or R, or positions like that. Light travelling in great curves would still indicate that it would illumination most if not all of the hemisphere it's in, while leaving the far one dark.

Join the Confusion Inc. Club!

New Flat Earth motto: It you can't beat them, confuse the hell out of them.

deadsirius

• Crime Machine
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2016, 06:18:53 AM »
I thought the flat earth motto was "The only thing we have to fear, is sphere itself"

I wish I could take credit for it but I can't.  Don't remember where I read that though.
Suffering from a martyr complex...so you don't have to