Gravity on an infinite plane

• 72 Replies

disputeone

• Ranters
  • Or should I?
Re: Gravity on an infinite plane
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2016, 10:50:55 PM »
JohnRozz, please keep out of threads you do not understand.
For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this.

The reason I am consistently personally attacked here.
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=69306.msg1960160#msg1960160

« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2016, 03:48:52 AM »
Mathematical physics is NOT science.
I too yearn for a return to natural philosophy and the recognition that mathematics and science are only strewn together loosely. Nominalism is valid - the tie of mathematics to reality is tenuous and at best conservative.

And yet, there is a glimmer of god there - and there are mathematics in the bible. This shouldn't and can't be ignored by the rational and faithful mind.

I was one of the first to throw the Tesla quote concerning mathematics into the fray. And I agree with it - we have lost common sense and replaced it far too often with far gone conclusions brought on by deep mathematical reasoning based on principle upon principle that each weighs heavily on assumption.

I think we agree more than we might both wish to admit.

I'm not against science nor against math, I'm for the correct use of 'em, and I think this is the key point that some seems NOT to understand, while keeping it all about theories and math.

flat earth is a fact, and the round spinning earth is just nonsense if you look at it with a working brain.

now go out in the open air and scream "IT'S FLAAAAAAAAAT!!", none can hear you, since the speed of sound is just 340 m/s while the earth in the same time turns @ 460 m/s... in the open you have NO reverb so that you can only listen to direct sound through the air (unlike a room or an enclosed space)...
poor waveforms try to reach your ears (and brain), but just can't. what a shame  ::)

oh, wait, the air is magic, just like gravity, just like everything. cool.

the most comical thing is that to make things work according to their model, you MUST have a solid, an outer absolutely solid sphere around the sphere so that it could all be possible, but, you would still feel a lot of movement, just when you're on a plane or car or whatever.

magic gravity, magic air, magic everything.

seriously, all round earthers IN THIS FORUM are either dumb or shills.
about round earthers that never even questioned it, well, they're just brainwashed to the point they don't even care to look at it and find the countless nonsense of this shit solar system THEORY.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 05:31:33 AM by JohnRozz »

?

Kami

« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2016, 05:28:21 AM »
Yea, those 460m/s winds that hit you as soon as you step outside.. really annoying.

« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2016, 05:36:32 AM »
Yea, those 460m/s winds that hit you as soon as you step outside.. really annoying.

are you stupid or what?

I'll put it simply. sound is slower than the earth spinning, so sound can NOT reach you. now you get it?

it's not my fault if you're just plain stupid or a shill pretending not to understand. it's all so clear, you must be a monkey if you don't understand... since there's no proof of evolution, I guess I must assume the proof is monkey people like you. anyway, monkeys are way more intelligent, so I guess you should be looking at some more appropriate ancestors. maybe bacteria?  8)

?

Kami

« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2016, 05:37:40 AM »
You do know that the speed of sound is measured relative to the medium (air)? And that the air is not moving at 420m/s relative to you?

« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2016, 05:48:24 AM »
your point being that on round earth, atmosphere and gravity effects are so that the earth acts just like if it was stationary.

because it is? no, thanks to magic gravity and atmosphere. impressed. but nonsense nonetheless.

?

Kami

« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2016, 05:50:48 AM »
As everyone on earth (and the atmosphere) is spinning with the earth, one could get the impression.

There are other reasons that make be believe that the earth is round.

« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2016, 06:00:08 AM »
and everything is in so perfect sync of course. just like the sun and the moon, which are supposed to be very different in size and distance, yet they're placed conveniently so that you can have eclipses, and they only "appear" to have the  the same "size"... you know what, this seems to be really intelligent design. another point for god.  ;)

?

Kami

« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2016, 06:02:28 AM »
and everything is in so perfect sync of course. just like the sun and the moon, which are supposed to be very different in size and distance, yet they're placed conveniently so that you can have eclipses, and they only "appear" to have the  the same "size"... you know what, this seems to be really intelligent design. another point for god.  ;)
Granted, this is indeed a nice coincidence.

That everyone is spinning with the earth in perfect sync is due to friction and conservation of angular momentum.

disputeone

• Ranters
  • Or should I?
« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2016, 06:39:47 AM »
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 06:41:38 AM by disputeone »
For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this.

The reason I am consistently personally attacked here.
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=69306.msg1960160#msg1960160

?

Jadyyn

« Reply #70 on: June 22, 2016, 09:28:21 AM »
your point being that on round earth, atmosphere and gravity effects are so that the earth acts just like if it was stationary.

because it is? no, thanks to magic gravity and atmosphere. impressed. but nonsense nonetheless.
I would suggest you get a telescope and look at Mars. A day on Mars is ~23 hours, 56 minutes relative to the Earth.

We can SEE the ground on Mars and it changing in the course of a night - rotating. It also sometimes has clouds. These rotate with the ground. By your reasoning about the Earth, why are the Mars atmosphere and clouds moving? Why aren't they stationary while the planet spins under them or doesn't spin at all? Stationary relative to what?

We SEE the atmosphere around Jupiter spinning in ~10 hrs. In a night, you can just about see it go through one Jovian day. Why isn't it stationary? Relative to what? BTW, every planet that has an atmosphere has it spinning - not stationary.

If the Earth is spinning, why would the atmosphere not be? Why would it be stationary? Relative to what?

Is this because the non-existent FE model says so? And... believing in a non-existent model is not nonsense?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 10:29:50 AM by Jadyyn »
“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.” W.C. Fields.
"The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

MrDebunk

• Chaotic good
« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2016, 10:00:40 PM »

Please look up annular eclipses.
M R D E B U N K (the reboot)

Quote from: totallackofintelligence
You sound like shill.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2016, 02:01:04 AM »
What does this have to do with the OP?

But,since you ask the distance from the earth to the moon varies considerably and the distance to the sun varies, though not so much. Here is the relative change in the size of the moon:

The Moon at Perigee and Apogee
Here is a scale diagram of the earth moon system:

The Earth-Moon System to Scale, 650 km/pixel
From the same source.

So you coincidence is not all that close!