If South Pole doesn't exist and Antartica can't be reached

• 73 Replies
?

tappet

Re: If South Pole doesn't exist and Antartica can't be reached
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2015, 03:52:00 AM »

Cool picture. Must be like this in the Arctic as well, is it?

« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2015, 05:36:10 AM »
I've got two new questions :

If we can fly to Antartica, why no one is able to see the Ice Wall during the flight ?

And why can't the FE'ers tell us what is after Antartica ?

Try using Google if you love it so damn much.

This picture depicts an ice shelf!

Here is the article it was used in: http://www.climatecentral.org/news/global-warming-antarctic-ice-shelf-collapse-18014

It literally says: "An in-flight photo shows the edge of the Larsen B Ice Shelf"

Ok then, this picture shows a glimpse of the ice shelf that surrounds the worlds oceans.

You do know what an ice shelf is, right?

It looks like a wall of ice to me.  Perhaps you expected it to be made of ice bricks or something?  ::)

Still waiting for you to provide the promised quotes from the explorers who have ventured farthest south of having their way forward blocked by an ice wall...
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2015, 06:01:57 AM »
So FE'ers don't know what an ice shelf is? Okay then let me explain.
An ice shelf is a big platform made out of ice floating in water.

So if that is the ice wall then how do the oceans not get drained?

It would surprise you to learn that all of that ice is attached to land that is higher than sea level, then.  ::)

Still waiting for you to provide the promised quotes from the explorers who have ventured farthest south of having their way forward blocked by an ice wall...

If you were traveling south and came up against what is posted in that picture, would you be stopped?

chtwrone, I accidentally deleted your last post while trying to fix your quotes.  Sorry, but I don't think there is anyway for me to restore it. 

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2015, 06:13:59 AM »

It would surprise you to learn that all of that ice is attached to land that is higher than sea level, then.  ::)

If you were traveling south and came up against what is posted in that picture, would you be stopped?

chtwrone, I accidentally deleted your last post while trying to fix your quotes.  Sorry, but I don't think there is anyway for me to restore it.

I'm still waiting for you to explain midnight sun in Antarctica.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2015, 06:22:49 AM »

Why should I have to explain something to you that you are proposing?  You are a very confused individual. 

?

XaeXae

• Mountain Lions.
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2015, 07:08:03 AM »

Why should I have to explain something to you that you are proposing?  You are a very confused individual.

He gives you an observed fact and asks you to explain it with your model, where's the problem ?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2015, 07:13:25 AM »

He gives you an observed fact and asks you to explain it with your model, where's the problem ?

And, I am still waiting to become convinced that a midnight sun in Antarctica is true.  Do you not see where the burden of proof lies? 

Pezevenk

« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2015, 07:14:26 AM »

It's not something that I am proposing, it's an observed fact. Oh wait. I forgot that flat earthers really like to cherry pick facts and throw away those that don't suit them.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2015, 07:20:01 AM »

It's not something that I am proposing, it's an observed fact. Oh wait. I forgot that flat earthers really like to cherry pick facts and throw away those that don't suit them.

Well, then.  It should be real easy for you to prove.  It is odd that you do not even try to provide any evidence, yet we are just expected to take your word for whatever you say, right? 

Pezevenk

« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2015, 07:31:11 AM »

Well, then.  It should be real easy for you to prove.  It is odd that you do not even try to provide any evidence, yet we are just expected to take your word for whatever you say, right?

Prove it? How can I prove it? There are plenty of videos on YouTube showing it like this one: " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer"> and this one: ," class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">, but I know you are going to say they're fake or something. That's what you always do. It's also weird that of the 35,000 tourists that go there every year, not one has ever reported that it's a lie. Isn't that weird?

So, since this observed fact is, according to you, wrong, why don't you go to Antarctica and prove it? It will be a groundbreaking discovery.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2015, 07:34:27 AM »
lol, there are plenty of videos on youtube of videos that show ghosts and the chupacabra.  We are supposed to believe it because it is on youtube?  Is this what this Free Thinking site has degraded to?  A youtube fight? 

Pezevenk

« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2015, 08:25:17 AM »
lol, there are plenty of videos on youtube of videos that show ghosts and the chupacabra.  We are supposed to believe it because it is on youtube?  Is this what this Free Thinking site has degraded to?  A youtube fight?

Then what about this: http://edition.cnn.com/2013/05/30/travel/stunning-timelapse-antarctic/ ?

Just as I expected. Amateurs are lying and non amateurs are paid by the government. The fact that there is a midnight sun in Antarctica is well known and documented ever since people crossed the Antarctic circle, but it's a lie. The 35,000 tourists are paid by the government not to admit that there is no midnight sun. I

Is this what free thinking has degraded to? Saying that every single thing that doesn't agree with you is false?

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Serulian

• Flat Earthian
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2015, 08:38:01 AM »

Then what about this: http://edition.cnn.com/2013/05/30/travel/stunning-timelapse-antarctic/ ?

Just as I expected. Amateurs are lying and non amateurs are paid by the government. The fact that there is a midnight sun in Antarctica is well known and documented ever since people crossed the Antarctic circle, but it's a lie. The 35,000 tourists are paid by the government not to admit that there is no midnight sun. I

Is this what free thinking has degraded to? Saying that every single thing that doesn't agree with you is false?

Perhaps there is a reflective property unique to the land beyond the oceans, almost like a mirror. Regular snow is surely reflective enough.

https://nsidc.org/cryosphere/snow/science/characteristics.html

« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2015, 09:20:09 AM »

Perhaps there is a reflective property unique to the land beyond the oceans, almost like a mirror. Regular snow is surely reflective enough.

And how is this related to what Definitely Not Official just said?

Pezevenk

« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2015, 09:38:24 AM »

Today is 100 years after the publication of Einstein's theory of special relativity, and it isn't any less irrelevant with the subject than what you said.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Pezevenk

« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2015, 11:17:12 AM »

Today is 100 years after the publication of Einstein's theory of special relativity, and it isn't any less irrelevant with the subject than what you said.

Oh woops! I meant General relativity! Just wanted to note that before some FEer nit picks my comment.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Serulian

• Flat Earthian
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2015, 11:34:53 AM »
Oh I'm sorry, I have found a better link that more clearly expresses the concept I was referring to:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirage

Pezevenk

« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2015, 01:00:18 PM »
Oh I'm sorry, I have found a better link that more clearly expresses the concept I was referring to:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirage

Mirages actually work against a flat earth, but that's another story. Now I don't really know why you think that would help. On the flat Earth map, 12 hours after the sun was directly over head, it would go to the opposite side of the Earth. If you ask me, I will agree that even from that distance, the sun would still be above the horizon. But the entire foundation of this flat earth model is based on the assumption that somehow it would be below the horizon at that distance.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2015, 01:49:53 PM »

You have admitted in other threads that explorers have gone further inland in Antarctica than the coast, and claimed that you had quotes from them stating they had seen an ice wall. After weeks of being pestered to supply these quotes, you blamed problems with your internet access and then fell silent on the subject. Now you're giving a contradictory suggestion that nobody has ever set foot in the place because that coastline has stopped them. If need be, I'm quite happy to place your self-contradicting posts in juxtaposition to each other on this thread, so we can all mock you.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.

« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2015, 01:54:55 PM »

And, I am still waiting to become convinced that a midnight sun in Antarctica is true.  Do you not see where the burden of proof lies?

Oh yes, the good old "I haven't seen it, so all who say they have are lying" defence.
Here's some other things Jroa doesn't believe in because he has never seen them with his own eyes:

The entire country of Belize
Abraham Lincoln
Tom Bishop (the picture is clearly a poorly executed photoshop job)
Neptune
Elvis Presley
The Beatles
Russian submarines
Hitler's bunker
Aether - oh, hang on...

chtwrone

• Well done NASA - 12 men on the moon and back again
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2015, 02:08:51 PM »

If it was proved/shown beyond all doubt, that the phenomenon of 24 hour sun in the Antarctic was in fact correct and real, would this pose a serious problem to the FE model, yes or no?  If no, please explain?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 05:09:27 PM by chtwrone »
Well done NASA - 12 men on the moon and back again.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2015, 02:33:30 PM »

You have admitted in other threads that explorers have gone further inland in Antarctica than the coast, and claimed that you had quotes from them stating they had seen an ice wall. After weeks of being pestered to supply these quotes, you blamed problems with your internet access and then fell silent on the subject. Now you're giving a contradictory suggestion that nobody has ever set foot in the place because that coastline has stopped them. If need be, I'm quite happy to place your self-contradicting posts in juxtaposition to each other on this thread, so we can all mock you.

lol, I never said that nobody has set foot on Antarctica.  In fact, I say the opposite of that all the time.  Please, do a search and post a link of me saying that nobody has set foot on Antarctica.  I don't know why you always seem so mad, but you might want to do something about that before you have a heart attack or stroke or something. 

chtwrone

« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2015, 02:56:01 PM »

lol, I never said that nobody has set foot on Antarctica.  In fact, I say the opposite of that all the time.  Please, do a search and post a link of me saying that nobody has set foot on Antarctica.  I don't know why you always seem so mad, but you might want to do something about that before you have a heart attack or stroke or something.

Slightly off topic, but I'm not having any success in attaching a photo/picture/image to my posts. I always end up with a
fakepath/image.jpg?
 Any assistance would be appreciated.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 05:42:03 PM by chtwrone »

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2015, 03:18:07 PM »
One of the problems IMHO with the flat earth ideas about Antarctica is their continual denial of the map of Antarctica and aerial and satellite views of Antarctica. Antarctica has been explored, mapped and charted long before the advent of high altitude aerial photography and satellite photography. And there is definitely no continuous "ice ring" around Antarctica , which is definitely a continent. There are only several ice shelfs and they  are not continuous. This seems to be just one more case of flat earth denial of reality.
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2015, 03:20:12 PM »

Slightly off topic, but I'm not having any success in attaching a photo/picture/image to my posts. I always end up with a
fakepath/image.jpg?

Google for "image upload", upload the image to the internet and use the pic's web adress to share it on te forum.
Math is the language of the universe.

The inability to explain something is not proof of something else.

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

Pezevenk

« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2015, 03:22:37 PM »
One of the problems IMHO with the flat earth ideas about Antarctica is their continual denial of the map of Antarctica and aerial and satellite views of Antarctica. Antarctica has been explored, mapped and charted long before the advent of high altitude aerial photography and satellite photography. And there is definitely no continuous "ice ring" around Antarctica , which is definitely a continent. There are only several ice shelfs and they  are not continuous. This seems to be just one more case of flat earth denial of reality.

They also fail to realize that we have good evidence that the continent below Antarctica used to be in the tropics.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

chtwrone

« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2015, 04:48:43 PM »
Explain me this : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amundsen%E2%80%93Scott_South_Pole_Station

Without conspiracy theory. Conspiracy theory is in fact not scientific : it only consists at throwing away all contradicting arguments that cannot immediately be percieved, by telling it's only a conspiracy. If you have proofs that it is a conspiracy, we can trust you. But not if you only come and use the conspiracy argument. No.

Oh, and this station (like many others) has an airport : it can in fact be reached, and several flights go to Antartica each day : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_F._Paulus_Skiway
http://worldaerodata.com/wad.cgi?id=AY06454&sch=NZSP

Just be careful of your spelling, especially topic headings.

Antarctica, not Antartica.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 05:10:51 PM by chtwrone »

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2015, 05:31:04 PM »

fakepath/image.jpg?

The best way is to download the image, then upload it to an image hosting site, such as photo bucket.  Then, copy the image's address and put it in (img)address(/img), replacing the ( with [.

Another way is to simply right click the image and select "copy image url" or whatever the equivalent is on your browser.  Then, post the link the same way I described above.   

Hope this helps. 

chtwrone

« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2015, 05:42:47 PM »

fakepath/image.jpg?

The best way is to download the image, then upload it to an image hosting site, such as photo bucket.  Then, copy the image's address and put it in (img)address(/img), replacing the ( with [.

Another way is to simply right click the image and select "copy image url" or whatever the equivalent is on your browser.  Then, post the link the same way I described above.   

Hope this helps.

Thanks, much appreciated.

« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2015, 04:07:37 PM »

lol, I never said that nobody has set foot on Antarctica.  In fact, I say the opposite of that all the time.  Please, do a search and post a link of me saying that nobody has set foot on Antarctica.

It's always refreshing when I can dig up contradictions from not only the same thread, but the same page within a thread.
It's quite obvious that this quote:

...is clearly meant to imply that the "ice wall" shown in the picture would stop anyone trying to explore past it.

Now, you will attempt to point out that technically you didn't make a claim that it would stop anyone - just asked a question. And technically you'd be correct. However, if this was a court of law, it'd be ruled that you had led people to believe that was your intent - just as someone who sold a can of fizzy drink called "Colke" in a red and white can with a curly font could be successfully sued by Coca Cola, even though technically their design was different.
Any defence you mount which relies on your phrasing of the question would utterly fail the "moron in a hurry" test. It'd be ruled deliberate misleading.
That's good enough for me.