One more round earth evidence nailed.

• 49 Replies
?

tappet

Re: One more round earth evidence nailed.
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2015, 03:15:53 AM »
So tappet, at what height are you claiming you can see 100km of horizon to put said straightedge on?
Do you think you cannot look left to right and not see 100km. Standing on a beach.

What height do you think you would need to be to clearly see horizon  curvature?    Since I know you aren't a flat earther,  you are allowed to answer.
According to a photo you produced once claiming it showed curvature I would say standing on the beach.

"Standing on the beach" isn't a height. Try again.
178cm.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2015, 03:19:39 AM »
So tappet, at what height are you claiming you can see 100km of horizon to put said straightedge on?
Do you think you cannot look left to right and not see 100km. Standing on a beach.

What height do you think you would need to be to clearly see horizon  curvature?    Since I know you aren't a flat earther,  you are allowed to answer.
According to a photo you produced once claiming it showed curvature I would say standing on the beach.

178cm.
So explain how you could see curvature from 178cm,   my best guess is that  horizontal curvature becomes measurable with instruments from 30,000 ft  upward,  and easily visible from 100 km upward.   If you have a different view,  then prove it.
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

?

tappet

« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2015, 03:26:26 AM »

178cm.
So explain how you could see curvature from 178cm,   my best guess is that  horizontal curvature becomes measurable with instruments from 30,000 ft  upward,  and easily visible from 100 km upward.   If you have a different view,  then prove it.
Geoff, we have been through this before but it was the other way around. You show your curved beach photo and I put up the Thule link. But hey if you want to switch that's fine.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2015, 03:39:38 AM »

178cm.
Geoff, we have been through this before but it was the other way around. You show your curved beach photo and I put up the Thule link. But hey if you want to switch that's fine.
Ha ha,   we haven't  been through it before, because I'm not Geoff,   much as I like the sound of his ideas.

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Mikey T.

« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2015, 01:52:37 PM »

First, I have never posted a picture from beach level saying you could see the curvature.  That is another of your blatant lies in attempts to discredit me. 
Also, no you cannot turn your head and see 100s of Km from one spot on from ground level.  At best you could see around maybe 10 to 15 km from left to right of the 180 degree FOV in front of you.  Your FOV is a 360 degree circle around you, and if you are at standing height.  The radius of that circle is around 5 to 6 km.  So the diameter is only 10 to 12 km.  Ill give you 3 more just for fun and say 15 km.  Even if you added up the circumference of that circle then you would only get to a little less than 32 km for the entire 360 degree FOV.
So I asked at what height you could see this so called 100km horizon.  You said roughly head height with your 178cm number.  So you are incorrect, yet again.  Or you are just lying again.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 07:09:32 PM by Mikey T. »

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2015, 06:58:57 PM »

?

tappet

« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2015, 12:57:07 AM »

First, I have never posted a picture from beach level saying you could see the curvature.  That is another of your blatant lies in attempts to discredit me. 
Also, no you cannot turn your head and see 100s of Km from one spot on from ground level.  At best you could see around maybe 10 to 15 km from left to right of the 180 degree FOV in front of you.  Your FOV is a 360 degree circle around you, and if you are at standing height.  The radius of that circle is around 5 to 6 km.  So the diameter is only 10 to 12 km.  Ill give you 3 more just for fun and say 15 km.  Even if you added up the circumference of that circle then you would only get to a little less than 32 km for the entire 360 degree FOV.
So I asked at what height you could see this so called 100km horizon.  You said roughly head height with your 178cm number.  So you are incorrect, yet again.  Or you are just lying again.
After I read your first couple of lines I realised you are a stubby short of a six pack, so I knew there was no need to read the rest of your drivel, good luck.

Poko

« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2015, 01:00:49 AM »

After I read your first couple of lines I realised you are a stubby short of a six pack, so I knew there was no need to read the rest of your drivel, good luck.

Ahh, the standard flat earther debate tactic of not reading their opponent's argument and then claiming victory.
"In the fall of 1972 President Nixon announced that the rate of increase of inflation was decreasing. This was the first time a sitting president used the third derivative to advance his case for reelection." - Hugo Rossi

?

tappet

« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2015, 02:33:22 AM »

Ahh, the standard flat earther debate tactic of not reading their opponent's argument and then claiming victory.
Are you guys ok? I have never accused him of beach curvature photos.
I never thought it would come to this but, Geoff/Rayzor/Zennor you gotta help me here!!!!!!!!!!!

Poko

« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2015, 02:49:38 AM »
I never thought it would come to this but, Geoff/Rayzor/Zennor you gotta help me here!!!!!!!!!!!

It's nice to see that you aren't above blatantly lying.
"In the fall of 1972 President Nixon announced that the rate of increase of inflation was decreasing. This was the first time a sitting president used the third derivative to advance his case for reelection." - Hugo Rossi

?

tappet

« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2015, 02:57:43 AM »

It's nice to see that you aren't above blatantly lying.
Nah, you guys are not ok.
Every body is calling me a liar, problem is you are all wacko.

Mikey T.

« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2015, 10:12:04 AM »
Sure you didn't

Mikey T.

« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2015, 12:49:24 PM »
Tappet, are you ok?  You seem to be showing signs of schizophrenia.  Maybe you should seek help.

?

tappet

« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2015, 01:29:16 PM »
Tappet, are you ok?  You seem to be showing signs of schizophrenia.  Maybe you should seek help.
Maybe you and Poko could do some math and find where you went wrong.

Mikey T.

« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2015, 01:40:05 PM »
So why the math comment there tappet?  Which personality are we talking to today?  I seriously think you need to professional help.  Do you have a loved one who can call a doctor for you?

?

tappet

« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2015, 11:10:18 PM »
So why the math comment there tappet?  Which personality are we talking to today?  I seriously think you need to professional help.  Do you have a loved one who can call a doctor for you?
Did you notice Poko stopped responding, no?
I think maybe she realised you are a little slow.

Poko

« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2015, 11:30:57 PM »

I was flying. My sister got a pretty good photo of the sunset from the airplane at 11:30, when the sun is completely set on the ground.

?

tappet

« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2015, 02:12:03 PM »

I was flying. My sister got a pretty good photo of the sunset from the airplane at 11:30, when the sun is completely set on the ground.
You just don't get it.

« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2015, 03:01:26 PM »

You just don't get it.
I don't think anyone knows what you're on about.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

?

tappet

« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2015, 04:03:57 PM »

You just don't get it.
I don't think anyone knows what you're on about.
And that is the problem.
you lot except for Rayzor are to dumb to figure it out.
Hey, but we can do some maths.