What is a Shill?

• 41 Replies

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
What is a Shill?
« on: June 29, 2015, 04:11:57 AM »
I see the word shill every so often when  I post something to prove that the earth is in fact round,    which we all know it is.  And can prove it over and over. 

So what is a shill?

A shill is someone who pretends to be a supporter but is really undermining from within. 

noun
noun: shill; plural noun: shills

an accomplice of a confidence trickster or swindler who poses as a genuine customer to entice or encourage others.
    "I used to be a shill in a Reno gambling club"

So I could only be a shill if I pretended to be a flat earth believer, while secretly undermining the flat earth movement somehow.   

So Eric Dubay calling Mark Sargent a shill is in fact the correct usage of the term.   

But since I don't pretend to be a flat earther,  there's in fact no way any round earthers on here could be shills,   the shills ( if there are any)  must be among those pretending to be flat earthers.

So who among the flat earth proponents are weak at arguing their case, and in reality might be shills?

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

iWitness

• If the earth is round then what is your problem?
Re: What is a Shill?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 04:31:17 AM »
You are a shill. Thread closed.
Disclaimer: I am confused. Everything I say is speculative and not admissible in a court of law; however, I am neither insane nor a threat to myself or others. I am simply curious about everything in life and enjoy talking about crazy shit. Oh, & btw I like turtles.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 05:21:51 AM »
I see the word shill every so often when  I post something to prove that the earth is in fact round,    which we all know it is.  And can prove it over and over. 

So what is a shill?

A shill is someone who pretends to be a supporter but is really undermining from within. 

noun

an accomplice of a confidence trickster or swindler who poses as a genuine customer to entice or encourage others.

So I could only be a shill if I pretended to be a flat earth believer, while secretly undermining the flat earth movement somehow.   

So Eric Dubay calling Mark Sargent a shill is in fact the correct usage of the term.   

But since I don't pretend to be a flat earther,  there's in fact no way any round earthers on here could be shills,   the shills ( if there are any)  must be among those pretending to be flat earthers.

So who among the flat earth proponents are weak at arguing their case, and in reality might be shills?
The very fact that you've put this topic up to try and distance yourself from it; it has just worked in the opposite way and exposed you as a shill.

?

BJ1234

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 05:37:09 AM »

noun

Well if you look at it from a FEer point of view, you are posing as an REer to undermine the "truth" of a FE and trying to entice others to the RE side.  This would make you a shill.  You know that the world is flat, yet you are trying to undermine that by calling the world round.

Sorry you had to have that spelled out for you.  I will be contacting your superiors to report you lack of knowledge.  Expect a few classes to help strengthen your shill skills.

Bill_the_Pretender

• Not scared of the truth
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 05:43:31 AM »

And you are a Young Earth Creationist. Go back to the Dark Ages, you pig.
I'd be an FE believer, but I'm not stupid. I have Internets.

Proof the Earth is round, not flat: http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=63853.new#new
Debunking Flat Earth Theory completely: http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2015, 06:00:34 AM »

Each to their own , if you take away someones rights to freedom of speech & freedom of thought , regardless of whether you agree with what their saying or not . Your essentially taking away your own right to be heard. Now that is the dark ages & you seem to be instilling it .
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.
Shannon Noll and Natalie Bassingthwaighte - Don't…:

Bill_the_Pretender

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2015, 06:03:29 AM »

Each to their own , if you take away someones rights to freedom of speech & freedom of thought , regardless of whether you agree with what their saying or not . Your essentially taking away your own right to be heard. Now that is the dark ages & you seem to be instilling it .

No, not each to their own, if his/her parent organization is trying to harm children's education and instill a fear-based religion's bullshit into society.

I can take Westboro's shit, because they don't have people in high authorities, screwing with public schools, but this? YEC is archaic nonsense, and the rest of the world laughs at America for being the only country that allows it.

Proof the Earth is round, not flat: http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=63853.new#new
Debunking Flat Earth Theory completely: http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=

?

guv

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2015, 06:04:02 AM »

So you can spell when you are pissed off Charlie Boy.

Bill_the_Pretender

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2015, 06:05:59 AM »

So you can spell when you are pissed off Charlie Boy.

Yes, lying to helpless children pisses me off. It would to any respectable human being.

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2015, 06:54:39 AM »

No, not each to their own, if his/her parent organization is trying to harm children's education and instill a fear-based religion's bullshit into society.

I can take Westboro's shit, because they don't have people in high authorities, screwing with public schools, but this? YEC is archaic nonsense, and the rest of the world laughs at America for being the only country that allows it.
It seems you haven't comprehended the true meaning in the passages & scriptures  of  the bible.  Many a shill pretends  to wear a cloak of decency .
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.

Bill_the_Pretender

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2015, 07:02:38 AM »

It seems you haven't comprehended the true meaning in the passages & scriptures  of  the bible.  Many a shill pretends  to wear a cloak of decency .

The Bible's pretty much chock-full of contradictions, racism, sexism, bigotry, and slavery. I'm good.

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2015, 07:08:43 AM »

The Bible's pretty much chock-full of contradictions, racism, sexism, bigotry, and slavery. I'm good.
And the alternative books on laws aren't ?

Bill_the_Pretender

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2015, 07:11:19 AM »

That's the whole point of getting away from antiquity and progressing towards the future. Laws should attempt to accommodate minorities just as much as the majority. This is the purpose of the progressive movement.

Conservatives, on the other hand, would rather see gays and liberals burn, simply because they feel persecuted as Christians, and probably, themselves, have yet to read a Bible.

YEC is a branch of conservative fundamentalism, where politics attempt to intercede with science, which in turn, allows retarded old men to lie to kids.

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2015, 07:29:03 AM »

That's the whole point of getting away from antiquity and progressing towards the future. Laws should attempt to accommodate minorities just as much as the majority. This is the purpose of the progressive movement.

Conservatives, on the other hand, would rather see gays and liberals burn, simply because they feel persecuted as Christians, and probably, themselves, have yet to read a Bible.

YEC is a branch of conservative fundamentalism, where politics attempt to intercede with science, which in turn, allows retarded old men to lie to kids.
Personal I dont care whos phucking  who & which bugger gets to pay the other buggers rent. What I do give a shit about  though , is wealthy morally perverted manipulating Gays .  Debt inslaving heterosexual couple's & their children for eternity.

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2015, 08:22:07 AM »
A "shill" is what conspiracy whackos call people who beat them in debates.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2015, 08:34:45 AM »

I often see PAID shill bandied about.

I've yet to receive my check.
I'm no rocket scientist, but at least I know the Earth is round, Man went to the Moon, and air exists.

“Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.” Carl Sagan

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2015, 10:49:39 AM »
A shill is someone who consciously or unconsciously proliferates information with the objective of primarily monetary gain (now often the case:by passively earning income though spreading "truth" videos, blogs, or other forms of information).

Probably many of these channels could be earning +500$/month in passive income. Many of these authors pick SEO keywords to promote their videos. I've noticed "flat earth" keyword is really gaining popularity. Anyone who has created a channel with this keyword has potential to create huge profit, and it's in their best interest to keep making videos, and hope to be the next self proclaimed guru. It seems many of these content creators care little about what they are posting. Many of them are so lazy as to just make compilation videos of other peoples works. Most of these videos are hastily thrown together. From a business standpoint, they can justify spending 30 minutes to create video that will probably earn them 20$ to anywhere near $2000 if it goes viral.

Here is a moral question: if you made a truth channel or video that you found out to be false, would you pull the channel if you were making 5000$ / month in passive income from it?? I think in this society, most would keep the channel going instead of having the integrity to post a "sorry i was wrong" video or blog post...

On another note: it is funny/ironic that there are many who seriously watch these videos and spend lot's of there times commenting and debunking these videos. I would imagine that often is the case that the debunkers are spending more time than the content creators! I can imagine a content creator hastily throwing together a truth video in 20 minutes, and then a debunker spending 5 times that  in making reply video. What a waste of time! Both parties are trying to make fast money, and there are real people seriously mislead by their videos not realizing it's just a game of SEO...

We should all put our bullshit radar at highest level. Even going as far back ancient times, there must also have been a huge profit motive for deceitful information. In that regard if you can persuade your audience of one falsehood, you can know their weakness and build more "knowledge" and be the "expert". Creating one false belief creates the roots for an entire system of lies.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 11:52:24 AM by neutral22 »

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2015, 11:54:51 AM »
I believe that when it's used on this forum to accuse round earthers of being payed by the government to post stuff on this forum.  As if a government agent coming up and saying "I am going to pay you money to debate that Earth is round on this flat Earth society forum" would not be suspicious.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2015, 12:53:24 PM »
I believe that when it's used on this forum to accuse round earthers of being payed by the government to post stuff on this forum.  As if a government agent coming up and saying "I am going to pay you money to debate that Earth is round on this flat Earth society forum" would not be suspicious.

This is really foolish behavior. The real shills are the producers of these crazy videos, blogs, and other content.. There is probably no sinister connection to NASA. The connection is simply plain greed for small amounts of ad revenue. Often it looks like these videos are very poorly thought out, and probably thrown together in a matter of minutes. Why should you as a flat earther defend these poorly made videos? Why is it even worth your time to comment on these videos? And then you accuse people who are waving the red flag to warn you that you are being tricked, and call them as shills instead?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 01:00:11 PM by neutral22 »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2015, 12:57:16 PM »
There's shills for both sides. That much is clear, you're right about that.

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2015, 01:38:33 PM »
Shill be coming 'round the mountain when she comes, (when she comes).
Shill be coming 'round the mountain, Shill be coming 'round the mountain,
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2015, 04:08:12 PM »
Could you please define what Government actually is ? Because if you want to define what constitutes a  shill , I think its imperative that the biggest shills in the business be included.

Bill_the_Pretender

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2015, 05:29:32 PM »

Personal I dont care whos phucking  who & which bugger gets to pay the other buggers rent. What I do give a shit about  though , is wealthy morally perverted manipulating Gays .  Debt inslaving heterosexual couple's & their children for eternity.

You just invented that concept. It literally will never happen. Stop feeling persecuted and enjoy your majority status.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2015, 05:33:16 PM »
Ok, so neither iWitless, or septicmatic  actually know what a shill is,  that's disappointing since they are the ones who bandy the word about most often. 

If I was a shill,   I would be pretending to be a flat earth supporter and pushing out false information and weak arguments,  so as to weaken the flat earth position. 

So,  conversely  If I am a shill for round earth,  then I'm secretly a flat earther and pretending to be a round earth supporter.   

When Eric Dubay calls Mark Sargent,  Jeranism,  APlaneTruth,  Aceni and all the others "shills"   he is using the word correctly.

Now back to Jimmy to the crab for verse two,  you can all sing along...   ;D
Shill be riding six white rockets when she comes, ( when she comes)  etc.
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2015, 05:35:46 PM »
Ok, so neither iWitless, or septicmatic  actually know what a shill is,  that's disappointing since they are the ones who bandy the word about most often. 

If I was a shill,   I would be pretending to be a flat earth supporter and pushing out false information and weak arguments,  so as to weaken the flat earth position. 

So,  conversely  If I am a shill for round earth,  then I'm secretly a flat earther and pretending to be a round earth supporter.   

When Eric Dubay calls Mark Sargent,  Jeranism,  APlaneTruth,  Aceni and all the others "shills"   he is using the word correctly.

you are round earth shill, you pretend to be just a regular guy but you sell us something people pay to do, or other would sell us because their career depends on it which can be said about all of round earthers.

Bill_the_Pretender

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2015, 05:36:34 PM »

you are round earth shill, you pretend to be just a regular guy but you sell us something people pay to do, or other would sell us because their career depends on it which can be said about all of round earthers.

YOU'RE A SHILL.

See how easy this is? Doesn't take any effort at all.

?

homo superior

• make way
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2015, 05:38:20 PM »

Eric Dubay has never used any words correctly, ever.

Get that thought out of your mind.

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2015, 05:38:38 PM »

YOU'RE A SHILL.

I am flat earther in flat earth community does it make sense to you ?

Bill_the_Pretender

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2015, 05:40:17 PM »

YOU'RE A SHILL.

Your, and many other's batshit beliefs do not make sense to me, no.

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2015, 05:42:32 PM »

YOU'RE A SHILL.

Your, and many other's batshit beliefs do not make sense to me, no.
we just acknowledge there are many people like you who like to laugh in our face when they lie.