Why do some farmers use a fictional aether as a sh*tty filler for everything?

• 12 Replies
?

LogicalKiller

• Atheist, Re'er and happy doctor of physics
Why do some farmers use a fictional aether as a sh*tty filler for everything they can't explain? Aether is energy, that isn't a matter (matter=energy - E=mc^2, so aether is wrong), aether is also an air thingie, aether is also making sunsets and changing light directions just like fricking BLACK HOLES do, if light is in proper distance... So, what's wrong with you, guys?
"I hadn't known there are so many idiots on the world until I launched the Internet." ~ Stanisław Lem
personally i think fairies share a common ancestor with humans

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
Why do some farmers use a fictional aether as a sh*tty filler for everything they can't explain? Aether is energy, that isn't a matter (matter=energy - E=mc^2, so aether is wrong), aether is also an air thingie, aether is also making sunsets and changing light directions just like fricking BLACK HOLES do, if light is in proper distance... So, what's wrong with you, guys?
Everything that you can possibly say, has probably already been said. All the above points have already been made.
Be original. Don't post sh*t on your first day/week on this forum. Learn faces, take notes, then come back to us
They are taking the hobbits to Isengard.

Vauxhall

• dark matter does not exist
I've noticed you use the word "thingie" a lot.

Why is that?
Read the FAQS.

Everything that you can possibly say, has probably already been said. All the above points have already been made.
Be original. Don't post sh*t on your first day/week on this forum. Learn faces, take notes, then come back to us

I think he's summarising recent posting on this forum with great wisdom and also great accuracy.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent

I think he's summarising recent posting on this forum with great wisdom and also great accuracy.

Fair enough. But the points have been made already, yes?

?

BJ1234

Well, it is obvious that the Farmer's Almanac is based on the observed aetheric effects.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
Aether is a beautiful word, sounds poetical and reminds on obsolete scientific theories. So FE Forum seems to be the proper place to introduce it again.

?

LogicalKiller

I've noticed you use the word "thingie" a lot.

Why is that?

It's a really nice word...
"I hadn't known there are so many idiots on the world until I launched the Internet." ~ Stanisław Lem

All the arguments flat Earth proponents put forward have been annihilated to the nth degree. So what if someone else comes along and puts the boot in to the decaying corpse that is flat Earth "theory". We've all done it. Come join us, it's fun. 

?

Weatherwax

• Grand Lover of Satan and Science
Your thread title is insulting.

Farmers have a working knowledge of biology.
A delusion is something that someone believes in despite a total lack of evidence - Prof. Richard Dawkins.

?

LogicalKiller

Your thread title is insulting.

Farmers have a working knowledge of biology.

Not every farmer. Big part of them are rednecks, if we're saying about USA.

For aether you might as well read God. A logically vacuous, all purpose concept that can be applied without thought or reason to any problem. It can be dismissed with a similar amount of effort.

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent

All the arguments flat Earth proponents put forward have been annihilated to the nth degree. So what if someone else comes along and puts the boot in to the decaying corpse that is flat Earth "theory". We've all done it. Come join us, it's fun.
Fair enough. But last time i kicked the corpse, i got Vauxhall on the bottom of my shoe.
No amount of disinfectant will get that off