Let's say you are a young aerospace engineer

• 51 Replies

ausGeoff

Re: Let's say you are a young aerospace engineer
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2014, 05:36:31 AM »
Cue the chirping crickets. Once again, flat earthers are stumped as shown by their disappearing act.

I'm starting to think that everything about contemporary science stumps the flat earthers.

;D    ;D    ;D

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2014, 05:46:48 AM »
Cue the chirping crickets. Once again, flat earthers are stumped as shown by their disappearing act.

I'm starting to think that everything about contemporary science stumps the flat earthers.

;D    ;D    ;D

lol, you are a great debater.  Oh, wait, no you are not.  You are really pretty boring, and seem to just type things in the hopes of maybe sounding like you know what you are talking about.  Would you please stop? 

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2014, 12:51:31 PM »
lol, you are a great debater.  Oh, wait, no you are not.  You are really pretty boring, and seem to just type things in the hopes of maybe sounding like you know what you are talking about.  Would you please stop?

jroa: if you are going to take the time to post something, why not try answering the question?  The current topic gets to the heart of your theory which requires a massive conspiracy.  So please read the original post and respond with a detailed answer rather than sending us off on a time-wasting tangent.
Sceptimatic is a proven liar - he claims to have authored several books but won't reveal their names.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2014, 01:16:46 PM »

jroa: if you are going to take the time to post something, why not try answering the question?  The current topic gets to the heart of your theory which requires a massive conspiracy.  So please read the original post and respond with a detailed answer rather than sending us off on a time-wasting tangent.

To be fair, AusGeoff is a blight and needs to be culled.  Why Jroa does not address his many and varied rules transgressions to do so is beyond me.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

macrohard

• IQ over 180
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2014, 04:59:52 PM »

;D    ;D    ;D

Low content posts are not allowed in the upper fora.

ausGeoff

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2014, 10:38:11 PM »
To be fair, AusGeoff is a blight and needs to be culled.  Why Jroa does not address his many and varied rules transgressions to do so is beyond me.

Can you please add me to your IGNORE listing?  Thanks.

I just can't be bothered wasting my time contending with these sorts of childish, off-topic comments you and your smug little clique insist on posting.

« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2014, 03:02:19 AM »

There isn't actually an ignore function, we all just have to scroll past your endless pompous droning.

It would be much easier for everyone if you just stopped posting.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2014, 04:18:39 AM »

I just can't be bothered wasting my time contending with these sorts of childish, off-topic comments you and your smug little clique insist on posting.

"Almost everyone but you" is not a "smug little clique" is it?
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

ausGeoff

« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2014, 05:01:37 AM »

There isn't actually an ignore function, we all just have to scroll past your endless pompous droning.

Oh dear... something else you're ignorant of LOL.  There IS an "ignore list" under your "modify profile" tab.  Please use it and add my name.

ausGeoff

« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2014, 05:03:49 AM »

I'll ask you AGAIN.  Can you please add me to your IGNORE listing?  Thanks.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2014, 05:38:11 AM »

I'll ask you AGAIN.  Can you please add me to your IGNORE listing?  Thanks.

Wouldn't it make much more sense for you to add everyone else to your ignore list? Including me?

« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2014, 06:13:15 AM »
He really is an insufferably pompous fool with all the self awareness and wit of a rock.

He's also now ignored.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2014, 06:53:45 PM »
Guess what, I am most likely going to become an aerospace engineer, everybody in this forum will be the first to know if I am told that everything that I know about space is wrong.  Until then, I am a round (oblate spheroid) earther.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2014, 11:40:50 PM »
Good question and you have to look at it a few ways.

First of all it depends on what you would be doing and where you actually do it at.
For instance: you could be working on a rocket engine for a ballistic missile. Or you could be helping to put together this type of stuff.
No need for you be told anything on this score.

However: if you were to be working on - say - a space shuttle, then you would be actually going into it with the full knowledge that you are duping the public. The problem is; if you were to be working in that industry as a bonafide engineer, then it's more likely you will be dealing with jets and such like.
From that point, you are just another worker that's part of compartmentalisation of the whole set up. You would believe your work has some input into space, maybe in some capacity - let's say, a rocket engine that powers a satellite or some other made up piece of trash, yet that engine could be simply put into a small missile. You know, things like that.

Before you go into the real space rocket stuff, you have to take minor acting lessons to brush up on the bullshit you've set yourself up with, for life, for good pay.

The thing is; are you any worse than say, a wall street stockbroker? are you any worse than an actor putting his/her face to a product that they wouldn't touch with a barge pole, yet think it's fine to be paid to coax us into using that product?
Probably not, because let's face it, we get swindled out of billions in every walk of life with people who willingly take part in this stuff.

The ones I feel sorry for, are those that actually walk into something like this and don't actually know until later what they've walked into, yet have no choice but to actively take part now they know what's going on.
I think a young Neil Armstrong fell into this trap in his early years and then had no choice but to go along with it, as he knew the penalty if he refused.

James Brolin and crew, in capricorn one maybe, eh?  :-\

And where are your sources? This is all in your imagination. If I were a psychologist, I'd pay to analyse you. Sounds like you got some screwy things in your head.

ausGeoff

« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2014, 04:07:08 AM »
Wouldn't it make much more sense for you to add everyone else to your ignore list? Including me?

Nope.  There are many genuine round earthers on these forums whose opinions I respect and who—unlike you—actually post reasoned, logical opinions about matters scientific.  Instead of a string of puerile ad hominems and/or totally off-topic comments (like this latest of yours).

There's also a few flat earthers here whose opinions cause me to give my own grey matter a bit of a workout, and do some further research, and expand my horizons [sic].

I don't bother blocking people (even dickheads such as sceptimatic) because the more bizarre of their comments inevitably guarantees a good laugh that often lightens up a pretty dismal day.

:D

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2014, 05:56:41 AM »

Nope.  There are many genuine round earthers on these forums whose opinions I respect and who—unlike you—actually post reasoned, logical opinions about matters scientific.  Instead of a string of puerile ad hominems and/or totally off-topic comments (like this latest of yours).

There's also a few flat earthers here whose opinions cause me to give my own grey matter a bit of a workout, and do some further research, and expand my horizons [sic].

I don't bother blocking people (even dickheads such as sceptimatic) because the more bizarre of their comments inevitably guarantees a good laugh that often lightens up a pretty dismal day.

:D

That wasn't an ad hominem but this will be. It was merely a practical suggestion because it's impossible to get everyone who thinks you are a terrible bore to ignore you. Also, just because people on your side think your posts are terrible doesn't mean that they aren't just as genuine a round earther as you are.

« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2014, 01:50:51 PM »
Can we dispense with the off-topic feuding now?  You are only giving jroa and his kind an excuse not to respond to the question.

Can a flat earther (besides Sceptimatic) respond to the original post?
Sceptimatic is a proven liar - he claims to have authored several books but won't reveal their names.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2014, 03:03:35 PM »
Can we dispense with the off-topic feuding now?  You are only giving jroa and his kind an excuse not to respond to the question.

Can a flat earther (besides Sceptimatic) respond to the original post?

Based on your username, I am assuming that you are a flat earther, so why don't you respond to the original question.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2014, 07:51:23 PM »
There's private space agencies just like there's private energy companies.

Private energy companies have to produce energy to sell. Are you suggesting that the gasoline I put into my car or lawnmower - and could use to start fires if I were sufficiently reckless - doesn't really exist and I'm being duped when I buy it? Really?

Are you suggesting that the gasoline companies are not controlled by the government?
Which gasoline companies and which government?  Different governments have different levels of involvement/ownership of various energy companies.
I hope that you realize that the large corporations are run by the same people. They are CEO and on the board of directors ar several other companies. The corporations also control the government. Examples are Bushes had some oil company, I forget the name. Cheney had some government contract company. Alan Greenspan was Fed Chairman and involvement in other banks. If you look around, all the big money people are very interconnected. I think it is fair to say that the corporations run the government, and vice versa.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2014, 08:05:05 PM »
I posted a question about how sunrises and sunsets are explained bu FET, but apparently such posts are invisible to flat earthers because I have never seen one of them that has not been ignored or dodged.  If your model is true, then it should be able to explain something as simple as the apparent motion of the sun in the sky.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2014, 08:47:38 PM »
I posted a question about how sunrises and sunsets are explained bu FET, but apparently such posts are invisible to flat earthers because I have never seen one of them that has not been ignored or dodged.  If your model is true, then it should be able to explain something as simple as the apparent motion of the sun in the sky.
There are a boat load of threads talking about that. Use the search function. A lot of newbs ask about that. It gets tiring answering the same questions over and over. Sorry if we don't answer every question ever time it is asked.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2014, 08:54:30 PM »
There are a boat load of threads talking about that. Use the search function. A lot of newbs ask about that. It gets tiring answering the same questions over and over. Sorry if we don't answer every question ever time it is asked.

I haven't found any such posts with a response and this is not in FAQ, if you know where such a response is I would love to see it but I haven't found one.  Just give me a link or something.