Let's say you are a young aerospace engineer

• 51 Replies
Let's say you are a young aerospace engineer
« on: November 26, 2014, 09:40:56 AM »
Let's say you are a kid that finds astronomy and space travel interesting, and you decide to study aerospace engineering with the ultimate goal of designing rockets for NASA, the European Space Agency or any of the numerous government space agencies or private rocket companies.  So I study physics, chemistry and calculus in high school. Then I continue these studies at a university, along with engineering courses.  After earning my B.S. in engineering, I get a Masters and then a Ph.D.  Then I get hired by an aerospace company.

Now here's the question: at what point in this timeline do flat earthers claim that I would be told that the Earth is actually flat, that rocketry and space travel are complete hoaxes, that all satellites are fake, that Neil Armstrong was a liar?  And how is this devastating news presented to me?  Does someone sit me down and say, "Son, I have some bad news for you. Everything you studied is a lie. Here's the truth...."  And after explaining the truth about the great hoax, I am ordered never to reveal what I just learned.  I am instructed to spend the rest of my career (decades, probably) living a lie -- pretending to work on engineering projects that are all hoaxes.

If you flat earthers are right about your theories, then some version of what I describe above must actually happen. Please explain your take on this.
Sceptimatic is a proven liar - he claims to have authored several books but won't reveal their names.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
Re: Let's say you are a young aerospace engineer
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 10:16:13 AM »
Good question and you have to look at it a few ways.

First of all it depends on what you would be doing and where you actually do it at.
For instance: you could be working on a rocket engine for a ballistic missile. Or you could be helping to put together this type of stuff.
No need for you be told anything on this score.

However: if you were to be working on - say - a space shuttle, then you would be actually going into it with the full knowledge that you are duping the public. The problem is; if you were to be working in that industry as a bonafide engineer, then it's more likely you will be dealing with jets and such like.
From that point, you are just another worker that's part of compartmentalisation of the whole set up. You would believe your work has some input into space, maybe in some capacity - let's say, a rocket engine that powers a satellite or some other made up piece of trash, yet that engine could be simply put into a small missile. You know, things like that.

Before you go into the real space rocket stuff, you have to take minor acting lessons to brush up on the bullshit you've set yourself up with, for life, for good pay.

The thing is; are you any worse than say, a wall street stockbroker? are you any worse than an actor putting his/her face to a product that they wouldn't touch with a barge pole, yet think it's fine to be paid to coax us into using that product?
Probably not, because let's face it, we get swindled out of billions in every walk of life with people who willingly take part in this stuff.

The ones I feel sorry for, are those that actually walk into something like this and don't actually know until later what they've walked into, yet have no choice but to actively take part now they know what's going on.
I think a young Neil Armstrong fell into this trap in his early years and then had no choice but to go along with it, as he knew the penalty if he refused.

James Brolin and crew, in capricorn one maybe, eh?  :-\

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 11:40:27 AM »
He didn't ask for a load of blah, blah, blah - why not try an answer?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 04:50:25 AM »
Good question and you have to look at it a few ways.

First of all it depends on what you would be doing and where you actually do it at.
For instance: you could be working on a rocket engine for a ballistic missile. Or you could be helping to put together this type of stuff.
No need for you be told anything on this score.

However: if you were to be working on - say - a space shuttle, then you would be actually going into it with the full knowledge that you are duping the public. The problem is; if you were to be working in that industry as a bonafide engineer, then it's more likely you will be dealing with jets and such like.
From that point, you are just another worker that's part of compartmentalisation of the whole set up. You would believe your work has some input into space, maybe in some capacity - let's say, a rocket engine that powers a satellite or some other made up piece of trash, yet that engine could be simply put into a small missile. You know, things like that.

Before you go into the real space rocket stuff, you have to take minor acting lessons to brush up on the bullshit you've set yourself up with, for life, for good pay.

The thing is; are you any worse than say, a wall street stockbroker? are you any worse than an actor putting his/her face to a product that they wouldn't touch with a barge pole, yet think it's fine to be paid to coax us into using that product?
Probably not, because let's face it, we get swindled out of billions in every walk of life with people who willingly take part in this stuff.

The ones I feel sorry for, are those that actually walk into something like this and don't actually know until later what they've walked into, yet have no choice but to actively take part now they know what's going on.
I think a young Neil Armstrong fell into this trap in his early years and then had no choice but to go along with it, as he knew the penalty if he refused.

James Brolin and crew, in capricorn one maybe, eh?  :-\

He said in his example that he gets hired by an aerospace agency and not necessarily NASA.

and you decide to study aerospace engineering with the ultimate goal of designing rockets for NASA, the European Space Agency or any of the numerous government space agencies or private rocket companies

Who in a private company would tell him the earth is actually flat? Furthermore, why would there be private space agencies (dozens of them) if the earth was flat?

It would be cool if you answered his original question though.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 05:44:19 AM »
There's private space agencies just like there's  private energy companies. They are all the same thing but split into segments to make us believe that it's not government controlled.
It's lever because when one of them gets caught ballsing it all up and cannot get out of the clear fakery, all the rest come down on them for faking it and they go out of business as frauds...naturally to the public dismay but also the severe scolding the other  "private" space companies give them as they fold.

Then everything is well again and the bullshit can carry on, with the average gullible Joe public in acceptance of the bad bad space company being a bad apple in the box.

Wake up and smell the coffee.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 05:45:50 AM by sceptimatic »

ausGeoff

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2014, 02:37:24 PM »
So now our resident retard and troller extraordinaire is claiming that NASA "controls"  The Australian Space Research Institute—which is a non-profit private consortium managed by three independent universities?

Australia was actually the third country to launch a satellite, WRESAT, into orbit from its own soil in 1967 without any help from NASA.

THIS is a listing of all government space agencies worldwide.

Does sceptimatic really think that NASA controls the space agencies of Russia, North Korea, Turkey, India, Taiwan, China etc?   You know; all those countries intimately friendly [sic] with the US?  If he does, then he's more intellectually dysfunctional than I thought LOL.

ocha

• Just for fun
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2014, 07:10:49 PM »
I study aerospace engineering, still waiting for them to tell me earth is flat xD
Don't bother telling scepti there are so many agencies, he'll talk some bs about a world order which controls everything or something like that. Damn, he doesn't even understand Newton's laws of motion
Aerospace engineering student. I love aircraft and spacecraft.

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2014, 06:30:58 AM »
Is Sceptimatic the only flat earther with an answer [sic] to this question?  Why would you guys ever let Scepti be your spokesman on any topic given his propensity for saying things that must make even flat earthers roll their eyes?
Sceptimatic is a proven liar - he claims to have authored several books but won't reveal their names.

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2014, 06:47:08 AM »
So now our resident retard and troller extraordinaire is claiming that NASA "controls"  The Australian Space Research Institute—which is a non-profit private consortium managed by three independent universities?

Australia was actually the third country to launch a satellite, WRESAT, into orbit from its own soil in 1967 without any help from NASA.

THIS is a listing of all government space agencies worldwide.

Does sceptimatic really think that NASA controls the space agencies of Russia, North Korea, Turkey, India, Taiwan, China etc?   You know; all those countries intimately friendly [sic] with the US?  If he does, then he's more intellectually dysfunctional than I thought LOL.

I still have a huge problem for the ultimate reason of concealing a flat earth is financial benefit. The huge cost of silencing all those countries would easily and drastically cut into NASA'S 18 billion dollar a year budget. It always leaves me with the same question:

Logically wouldn't it be easier to admit to the world the earth was flat instead of putting on this ridiculously complicated (and expensive) circus?

Misero

• Of course it's flat. It looks that way up close.
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2014, 11:39:43 AM »
And here's where sceptimatic either shuts up or makes a rant on how NASA has an budget of $10000000000000000000000000 to keep us sheepies dumb.
Honestly, you should have these basic things down, or it's "Flat Earth Rant" or "Flat Earth Groundless [Hypothesis[/s](Sorry, Hypothesis's have to be testable, and you've already said Flat Earth can't be tested in any way. Convenient, by the way.)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 11:44:19 AM by Misero »
I am the worst moderator ever.

Sometimes I wonder: "Why am  I on this site?"
Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2014, 05:44:44 PM »
There's private space agencies just like there's  private energy companies.
Just like private energy companies, aerospace companies sell products to customers, other than the government, that expect expect those products to work as advertised.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2014, 05:55:34 PM »
There's private space agencies just like there's private energy companies.

Private energy companies have to produce energy to sell. Are you suggesting that the gasoline I put into my car or lawnmower - and could use to start fires if I were sufficiently reckless - doesn't really exist and I'm being duped when I buy it? Really?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2014, 07:56:31 AM »

Private energy companies have to produce energy to sell. Are you suggesting that the gasoline I put into my car or lawnmower - and could use to start fires if I were sufficiently reckless - doesn't really exist and I'm being duped when I buy it? Really?

Are you suggesting that the gasoline companies are not controlled by the government? 

ocha

• Just for fun
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2014, 08:23:55 AM »

Are you suggesting that the gasoline companies are not controlled by the government?
Are they? Can you prove it?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2014, 08:27:21 AM »
You don't believe that governments have their hands in the gasoline company's pockets? 

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2014, 08:39:37 AM »

Which companies, which government?

I'm glad you popped back in for another one of your half-arsed, one line, pointless posts though.  I don't know what we did without that kind of quality posting.

if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

ocha

• Just for fun
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2014, 08:41:47 AM »
Governments (at least here in Spain) have no direct influence over gas companies.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2014, 08:43:20 AM »

I'm glad you popped back in for another one of your half-arsed, one line, pointless posts though.  I don't know what we did without that kind of quality posting.

Really?  Are you suggesting that Gasoline companies are not regulated, taxed, and subsidized by the Government?  Are you really this uninformed, or are you just trolling now? 

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2014, 09:25:20 AM »
Boring...

Pick you game up jroa - this is weak shit.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2014, 09:27:20 AM »
Please, don't post low content posts in the upper fora.  Thanks, CrabbyJim. 

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2014, 09:34:47 AM »
Please, don't post low content posts in the upper fora.  Thanks, CrabbyJim.
If you post meaningful content, I'll respond with content - how's that for a deal?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2014, 09:48:07 AM »
Soooo, what was your point with the post that I was referring to?  It seems to me that you are just pecking at your keyboard, hoping to making a meaningful thread, but not succeeding. 

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2014, 10:18:54 AM »
There's private space agencies just like there's  private energy companies. They are all the same thing but split into segments to make us believe that it's not government controlled.
It's lever because when one of them gets caught ballsing it all up and cannot get out of the clear fakery, all the rest come down on them for faking it and they go out of business as frauds...naturally to the public dismay but also the severe scolding the other  "private" space companies give them as they fold.

Then everything is well again and the bullshit can carry on, with the average gullible Joe public in acceptance of the bad bad space company being a bad apple in the box.

Wake up and smell the coffee.
You tell us you are in the UK.  This must be the list:

http://www.pwc.co.uk/en_UK/uk/assets/pdf/aerospace-top-100-2012.pdf

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2014, 12:21:42 PM »
Soooo, what was your point with the post that I was referring to?  It seems to me that you are just pecking at your keyboard, hoping to making a meaningful thread, but not succeeding.

His point is that 90-95% of your posts are useless, rhetorical strawmen.  It gets tiresome having to elaborate due to your willful obtuseness, so you are getting what you give.  If you want people to respond differently, look to yourself first.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2014, 01:19:03 PM »

Which gasoline companies and which government?  Different governments have different levels of involvement/ownership of various energy companies.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2014, 01:29:12 PM »

Really?  Are you suggesting that Gasoline companies are not regulated, taxed, and subsidized by the Government?  Are you really this uninformed, or are you just trolling now?
Regulated and taxed, sure. Are you suggesting that makes companies part of the government?

Subsidized? In some cases taxes are reduced or waived to encourage exploration and production in certain areas or using some experimental techniques, and some people consider that a subsidy (but then they're not taxed as heavily, so that factor goes down).

Regardless, they still have to get oil from somewhere to make the gasoline I buy. Do you think "oil companies" are all part of TheGovernmentPlotTM, and they just lie and bullshit, and *presto* there's gasoline? Or do you think I am being sold something like seawater and duped into thinking that it's gasoline because "they" told me it is? Sorry, jroa, but neither of these seem very likely.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

ausGeoff

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2014, 02:17:34 PM »
I note that so far, no flat earther has addressed the thrust of FlatAllTheWay's original questions.

He asked if he were to study physics, chemistry and calculus in high school, and then continue these studies at university, along with engineering courses, and earn his B.Sc in engineering, then his Masters and then a Ph.D and subsequently get hired by an aerospace company, at what point in that timeline do flat earthers claim that he'd be told that the earth is actually flat, that rocketry and space travel are complete hoaxes, that all satellites are fake, that Neil Armstrong was a liar?

As is his usual practice, jroa has attempted to derail the thread by introducing the irrelevancy of government control over petroleum companies—which obviously has nothing to do with the topic.  And also, as usual, jroa's perennial complaint about "low content posts in upper fora" seems to outweigh any actual meaningful response of his to the topic.

So... can jroa, or any other flat earther, suggest when our aerospace engineer is actually hit with the news that the earth is flat, and all his studies have been bogus for the past 13 years?  And why exactly the government (who want to keep the round earth "myth" alive at all costs) would not only condone our young engineer's training, but subsidise it financially?  Why would they offer and/or allow him so much intensive training that would actually enable him to more readily and totally refute their real [sic] flat earth model?

Also can any flat earther tell us what inducements and/or threats are made in order that our aerospace engineer keeps his secret for the next 70 years or so?  Millions of dollars?  Threats to his wife and family?  A trumped-up trip to the electric chair?

macrohard

• IQ over 180
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2014, 08:36:13 PM »
I have been an aerospace engineer for 9 years.  I work for a publicly traded fortune 500 company.  I am still waiting to be let in on the secret.

If it ever happens I'll let you guys know (crosses fingers).

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2014, 09:20:18 PM »
I have been an aerospace engineer for 9 years.  I work for a publicly traded fortune 500 company.  I am still waiting to be let in on the secret.

If it ever happens I'll let you guys know (crosses fingers).
Yikes! You must realize that The ConspiracyTM carefully watches this venue to see if The Plan® has significant leaks. TheyTM have to be pleased because the arguments here are so weak that they discredit the idea of a non-spheroidal earth far better than TheyTM could by themselves. Now you go and blatantly reveal yourself as a mole. Fat chance of your ever Finding The Truth (Patent Pending) now.

Rookie error! Way to go!  ::)

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2014, 05:22:35 AM »
Cue the chirping crickets. Once again, flat earthers are stumped as shown by their disappearing act.