What's Wrong With Gravity?

• 74 Replies
What's Wrong With Gravity?
« on: April 09, 2013, 05:55:11 AM »
I'm trying to be open-minded here, but what's wrong with gravity? The round-earth model and gravity have nothing wrong with them... I don't understand why people prefer FE.
The thing that makes things fall is the weight of the object falling.
Wow.

Re: What's Wrong With Gravity?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 07:53:03 AM »
And moreover, it is also easy to demonstrate that the gravitation is weaker at the equator than at the poles due to the centrifugal force of the earth rotation of the RE model. A 100kg object at the poles weigh slightly less than 100kg at the equator.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 07:55:33 AM by Cartesian »
I think, therefore I am

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 07:54:21 AM »
I'm trying to be open-minded here, but what's wrong with gravity? The round-earth model and gravity have nothing wrong with them... I don't understand why people prefer FE.
I see that the earth is flat, gravity doesn't make sense in the light of that.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 07:56:27 AM »
And moreover, it is also easy to demonstrate that the gravitation is weaker at the equator than at the poles due to the centrifugal force or the earth rotation of the RE model. A 100kg object at the poles weigh less than 100kg at the equator.
Do you have any evidence to support this outlandish claim? Please post it if you do.
God is real.                                         

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 07:59:45 AM »
And moreover, it is also easy to demonstrate that the gravitation is weaker at the equator than at the poles due to the centrifugal force or the earth rotation of the RE model. A 100kg object at the poles weigh less than 100kg at the equator.
Do you have any evidence to support this outlandish claim? Please post it if you do.
hmmm...how about everything goes down?  any explanation on flat earth how that happens?  what causes an object to go down instead of any other direction with its weight?

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 08:03:21 AM »
hmmm...how about everything goes down?  any explanation on flat earth how that happens?  what causes an object to go down instead of any other direction with its weight?
UA

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2013, 08:06:31 AM »

I guess FE'ers don't disagree with the existence of 9.8 m/s force that keeps you "glued" to earth. They just don't believe that it is caused by gravitation. They said that the earth is constantly accelerating upward at a rate of 9.8 m/s. But if that was true, then that force would be constant throughout the surface of FE which can easily be demonstrated as incorrect.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 08:11:29 AM by Cartesian »
I think, therefore I am

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 08:10:07 AM »
Yes, I do. I travel every summer from "Northern Hemisphere" to equator for my holiday. You can measure that yourself too.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 08:12:54 AM by Cartesian »
I think, therefore I am

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2013, 08:12:37 AM »

I guess FE'ers don't disagree with the existence of 9.8 m/s force that keeps you "glued" to earth. They just don't believe that it is caused by gravitation. They said that the earth is constantly accelerating upward at a rate of 9.8 m/s. But if that was true, then that force would have been constant throughout the surface of FE which can easily be demonstrated as incorrect.

well lets see if one these jokers say that accelerating at 9.8m/s^2...hmmmm...wonder how fast we're moving...lol.  what the hell is UA?  United Airlines?  lol  use your words, muggsy

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2013, 08:17:05 AM »

I guess FE'ers don't disagree with the existence of 9.8 m/s force that keeps you "glued" to earth. They just don't believe that it is caused by gravitation. They said that the earth is constantly accelerating upward at a rate of 9.8 m/s. But if that was true, then that force would have been constant throughout the surface of FE which can easily be demonstrated as incorrect.

well lets see if one these jokers say that accelerating at 9.8m/s^2...hmmmm...wonder how fast we're moving...lol.  what the hell is UA?  United Airlines?  lol  use your words, muggsy
At that rate, we need less than a year to reach faster than speed of light :)
I think, therefore I am

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2013, 08:17:17 AM »

http://www.calpoly.edu/~gthorncr/ME236/documents/AccuracyofGravity.pdf
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2013, 08:19:33 AM »

The same question has been answered dozens of times. This site has a FAQ section.

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2013, 08:21:02 AM »

Relativity.

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2013, 08:23:14 AM »

The same question has been answered dozens of times. This site has a FAQ section.

another chicken out.  I seem to be able to do this on this site frequently.  when the going gets tough they either start non sequitur, divert from the question, start picking on grammer and spelling or now this.  its just a trolling site.  you dont see me sending you off to gravity.com.  this is the Debate section not the "im a chicken shit and here is where you find the answer" section.

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2013, 08:23:57 AM »

I am sorry but the FAQ doesn't explain why the effect of the gravity force (or acceleration force if you prefer) is not constant throughout the surface of earth. An object is heavier at the poles than at the equator.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 08:26:41 AM by Cartesian »
I think, therefore I am

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2013, 08:28:36 AM »

Relativity.

What do you mean by relativity? Care to develop this word further?
I think, therefore I am

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2013, 08:31:59 AM »

another chicken out.  I seem to be able to do this on this site frequently.  when the going gets tough they either start non sequitur, divert from the question, start picking on grammer and spelling or now this.  its just a trolling site.  you dont see me sending you off to gravity.com.  this is the Debate section not the "im a chicken shit and here is where you find the answer" section.

Koolkat-sorry to say but you are dead wrong.  Nothing can travel faster than the speed of light.  Please read up on Special Relativity to learn more.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2013, 08:34:07 AM »

Koolkat-sorry to say but you are dead wrong.  Nothing can travel faster than the speed of light.  Please read up on Special Relativity to learn more.

hey guy, where did I say anything can travel faster than the speed of light.  And you can go read on gravity.  I guess thats the end of the debate?  lol.  you guys need to call in some backup.  this is ridiculous.

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2013, 08:41:11 AM »

koolkat didn't say anything about FTL. I did say to disprove that anything can constantly accelerate at 9.8m/s^2. SR says that it is impossible to reach the speed of light, therefore, it is impossible to constantly accelerate at 9.8m/s^2
I think, therefore I am

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2013, 08:45:37 AM »
Cartesian, you also need to read up on Special Relativity.  In your Frame of Reference, you would perceive your acceleration continuing unabated as time dilates, rulers shorten in the direction of acceleration, and your mass increases.  By all measurements from your Frame of Reference, you would continue accelerating at 9.8m/s^2.  This phenomena has been demonstrated experimentally.

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2013, 08:54:07 AM »
I am sorry but the FAQ doesn't explain why the effect of the gravity force (or acceleration force if you prefer) is not constant throughout the surface of earth. An object is heavier at the poles than at the equator.
We only have measured results for one pole at this time. I will review your source if you post it.

?

Shmeggley

• Eppur si muove!
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2013, 09:00:02 AM »
I see that the earth is flat, gravity doesn't make sense in the light of that.
Can you "see" that squares A and B are different shades of grey?

They're not.

If you think you can rely on your senses and intuiton alone to discover everything about the world that you might want to know, sorry. You can't.

http://www.skytopia.com/project/illusion/3illusion.html
Giess what? I am a tin foil hat conspiracy lunatic who knows nothing... See what I'm getting at here?

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2013, 09:00:33 AM »
Cartesian, you also need to read up on Special Relativity.  In your Frame of Reference, you would perceive your acceleration continuing unabated as time dilates, rulers shorten in the direction of acceleration, and your mass increases.  By all measurements from your Frame of Reference, you would continue accelerating at 9.8m/s^2.  This phenomena has been demonstrated experimentally.

I am measuring everything from the point of reference. If the earth keeps accelerating constantly at 9.81m/s2 from the point of reference, then within one year measured using the point of reference's time, the earth will be moving away from the point of reference with a speed faster than light. The time on moving earth may dilate (compared to the time at the point of reference) but I am talking as an observer located at the point of reference.

This discussion about the speed of FE is out of topic in this thread so let's focus back to the original question.

What's wrong with gravity theory? And how does the alternative theory (constant acceleration) explain the non constant effect between the poles and the equator?

I think, therefore I am

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2013, 09:11:49 AM »
This discussion about the speed of FE is out of topic in this thread so let's focus back to the original question.

What's wrong with gravity theory? And how does the alternative theory (constant acceleration) explain the non constant effect between the poles and the equator?

We only have measured results for one pole at this time. I will review your source if you post it.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2013, 09:14:54 AM »
Yes, I do. I travel every summer from "Northern Hemisphere" to equator for my holiday. You can measure that yourself too.
Measure what myself?

Have you ever had fixed weight change weights when you take it to the equator?
God is real.                                         

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2013, 09:17:27 AM »

If you don't trust the link given by a previous poster, then you can do this experiment yourself.

Weigh a kilo of metal using a scale (a digital one if you want to be very precise) where you live, after that go somewhere near the equator and bring the metal and the scale with you. Repeat the same experiment at the equator.
I think, therefore I am

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2013, 09:23:39 AM »

If you don't trust the link given by a previous poster, then you can do this experiment yourself.

Weigh a kilo of metal using a scale (a digital one if you want to be very precise) where you live, after that go somewhere near the equator and bring the metal and the scale with you. Repeat the same experiment at the equator.
I have never been to the equator. I do not intend to do so anytime in the near future. Here in the Western Hemisphere it is made up of third-world countries that speak no English.

?

Shmeggley

• Eppur si muove!
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2013, 09:26:00 AM »

I have never been to the equator. I do not intend to do so anytime in the near future. Here in the Western Hemisphere it is made up of third-world countries that speak no English.

How would you know if you have never been there?  ;D
Giess what? I am a tin foil hat conspiracy lunatic who knows nothing... See what I'm getting at here?

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2013, 09:28:20 AM »
Measure what myself?

Have you ever had fixed weight change weights when you take it to the equator?

Yes I have. I did this 3-4 years ago during our family summer holiday. I did it for fun to show to my children the effect of the centrifugal force due to the earth rotation. I also showed them the direction of water swirling out from the sink is different between in "Northern Hemisphere" and ""Southern Hemisphere".
I think, therefore I am

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2013, 09:33:30 AM »

If the language is a barrier, then I suggest you to head for Singapore, they speak English fluently. I believe that the cost of the journey is negligible compared to that of a belief which is priceless.
I think, therefore I am