I have been to Space and seen the earth is round

• 57 Replies
I have been to Space and seen the earth is round
« on: February 03, 2011, 12:38:12 PM »
Hi let me introduce myself, well my name is Lance Armstrong and many of you may not know me.
Well i have been to the moon and seen the earth from space and yes it is round, here are some pictures of Earth.

Also you can use Google Earth located here to see the Earth
http://www.google.com/earth/index.html

Well ok you still dont believe the earth is round here are some ways to prove it is and have been around since 1200 ad.
First during a lunar eclipse the moon is block from the earth from getting light from the sun as shown in here

Now that the Earth blocks the sun we see things called shadows and the shadow of the earth during a penumbra eclipse we see the ROUND earth shadow on the moon.

Also if the earth is flat why havn't we fell of when we get to the end? Why am i able to walk from point a and go stright and end up back at point a?

Thank you hopefully you realized the Earth is round.

Re: I have been to Space and seen the earth is round
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 12:44:21 PM »
Finally some sense on here

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 12:46:19 PM »

... Why am i able to walk from point a and go stright and end up back at point a? ...

First, please give me your definition of straight.

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 01:00:17 PM »
Well Peach First say Hi to Mario for me love his work. second straight is a line connecting two points like this @-----------@. I believe his point is that under your flawed model of of a flat earth one can not fly or "walk" to some places. lets take Australia for an example. If i want to fly there from lax with the "RET" as you call it i can simply fly over the Pacific Ocean. However to do this with your model i would need to fly over land masses. I never crossed over any then i flew there. If that FET were true i would need to fly in an arc around landmasses which would drastically increase the time to fly there. However the ratio of times and distances flown support a round earth. and please dont try to say jet streams have anything to do with this they are already taken to account.

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 01:10:15 PM »
...second straight is a line connecting two points like this @-----------@.

Your understanding of straight is not the same as mine.  I would say it was the shortest line connecting two points.  So I guess we have a conflict of definition. 

IOA

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 01:15:48 PM »
Hi let me introduce myself, well my name is Lance Armstrong and many of you may not know me
LOL.

Nice try, but you've got the wrong Armstrong!

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 01:18:37 PM »

Your understanding of straight is not the same as mine.  I would say it was the shortest line connecting two points.  So I guess we have a conflict of definition. 
But you do understand what we are stating tho if you just start at point A and start waling forward you'll never fall off the earth and end up back at point A.

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 01:19:07 PM »
..... thank you for trying to act smart by picking apart my straight line explanation by redefining it the same way again with the word shortest included. We can all go to wikipedia and find definitions, but do you have anything intelligent to say about the little problem with your highly inaccurate model?

IOA I'm pretty sure its a joke and he raises a good point why dont we see a disk shaped shadow on the moon?

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 01:21:14 PM »
No man with the surname Armstrong has been to space or the Moon.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2011, 01:21:45 PM »

But you do understand what we are stating tho if you just start at point A and start waling forward you'll never fall off the earth and end up back at point A.

You would be following an arc on either model.  Please read the FAQ; then we can talk.

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2011, 01:22:17 PM »
No man with the surname Armstrong has been to space or the Moon.
No man looking like that hasn't touch a child in the no no..

?

Thork

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2011, 01:22:32 PM »
Hi let me introduce myself, well my name is Lance Armstrong ...
Let me stop you there. Neil Armstrong was an astronaut. Lance Armstrong is the 7 time winner of the Tour de France.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lance_Armstrong

Linked below is a list of the 523 people who have allegedly been into space. No one by the name of Lance Armstrong has.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_space_travelers_by_name

I hope everything has healed up down there ok.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2011, 01:24:24 PM »
Space Travellers are fictional beings, like elves. There is no such thing as a Space Traveller.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2011, 01:26:08 PM »
Let me stop you there. Neil Armstrong was an astronaut. Lance Armstrong is the 7 time winner of the Tour de France.

Linked below is a list of the 523 people who have allegedly been into space. No one by the name of Lance Armstrong has.

Umm im on there look agian buddy number 30

/   Anousheh Ansari (born 1966), fourth spaceflight participant and first female spaceflight participant, first female Muslim in space, and first Iranian in space.
 Dominic A. Antonelli
 Jerome Apt
 Lee Archambault
  Neil Armstrong (born 1930), flew on Apollo 11 and was the first person to walk on the Moon.
 Richard R. Arnold
 Anatoly Artsebarsky
 Yuri Artyukhin (1930–1998)
 Jeffrey Ashby
 Oleg Atkov
 Toktar Aubakirov, first Kazakh born person in space.
 Sergei Avdeyev
 [Lance Armstrong]]

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2011, 01:28:12 PM »
I find it funny beyond all belief that not one of you has tried to disprove us. You all seem to concerned with the fact you all have no sense of humor. James Please prove that to me, pretend this is the court system (your apparently good at playing pretend), beyond reasonable doubt that its a lie.

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2011, 01:31:02 PM »

[Lance Armstrong]]

#30 is James Bagian...

Lance Armstrong exists nowhere on that page.

This guy is such a fail.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 01:34:11 PM by EnglshGentleman »

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2011, 01:31:44 PM »
The burden of proof lies with the person who makes the claim, and extraordinary claims are best supported by extraordinary evidence. Claiming that you are a Space Traveller (a fictional being) is an extraordinary claim.

If I claimed that I was an elf (I am not an elf), would you think it right if I demanded that you prove beyond reasonable doubt that I was not an elf?

?

Thork

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2011, 01:32:11 PM »

/   Anousheh Ansari (born 1966), fourth spaceflight participant and first female spaceflight participant, first female Muslim in space, and first Iranian in space.
 Dominic A. Antonelli
 Jerome Apt
 Lee Archambault
  Neil Armstrong (born 1930), flew on Apollo 11 and was the first person to walk on the Moon.
 Richard R. Arnold
 Anatoly Artsebarsky
 Jeffrey Ashby
 Oleg Atkov
 Sergei Avdeyev
 [Lance Armstrong]]
You changed a wiki page because you are a dumb ass who doesn't know the name of the first man on the moon?
You f**ked with a charity, to try to hide your own shame? You disseminated yet more ignorance across the web, frightened you might become a minority? You didn't even put it in the right place alphabetically.

I actually don't think that's funny. I like a joke but someone spent lot of time putting that together. I'm out. bye.

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2011, 01:37:50 PM »

/   Anousheh Ansari (born 1966), fourth spaceflight participant and first female spaceflight participant, first female Muslim in space, and first Iranian in space.
 Dominic A. Antonelli
 Jerome Apt
 Lee Archambault
 Richard R. Arnold
 Anatoly Artsebarsky
 Jeffrey Ashby
 Oleg Atkov
 Sergei Avdeyev
 [Lance Armstrong]]
You changed a wiki page because you are a dumb ass who doesn't know the name of the first man on the moon?
You f**ked with a charity, to try to hide your own shame? You disseminated yet more ignorance across the web, frightened you might become a minority? You didn't even put it in the right place alphabetically.

I actually don't think that's funny. I like a joke but someone spent lot of time putting that together. I'm out. bye.

No Neil was taken a few years back by some one

Ok no more arguing can you disprove the theory
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 01:40:41 PM by Lance Armstrong »

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2011, 01:39:26 PM »
Ok James i agree with you 100% but you yourself fall in to that. Your making a claim that its all a lie well i choose to side with the people who have reason to be believed not and old man with no facts to back it up and only word games to try to confuse the less intelligent.

Yet you all still avoid the arguments that we have both made you all choose to jump on the joke you dont see and try to act intelligent and noble by attacking him and skirting the facts that disprove you.

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2011, 01:40:56 PM »

So use Lance Armstrong, and try to pretend that he is Neil Armstrong?

Ya, I don't buy it. You are just retarded and are trying to cover your ass now.

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2011, 01:43:19 PM »

So use Lance Armstrong, and try to pretend that he is Neil Armstrong?

Ya, I don't buy it. You are just retarded and are trying to cover your ass now.

OK your saying that to me when none of you can disprove the world is round?
You are doing the same thing being " a retard and trying to cover your ass" i was neil armstong 3 years ago.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2011, 01:46:35 PM »
Ok James i agree with you 100% but you yourself fall in to that. Your making a claim that its all a lie well i choose to side with the people who have reason to be believed not and old man with no facts to back it up and only word games to try to confuse the less intelligent.

Please do not cast ageist aspersions at other members. At the Flat Earth Society we welcome people of every age, sex, race and creed. I may be a gracefully maturing man but that is no reason to be rude, or to discount my high quality arguments. You are as young or old as you feel inside!

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2011, 01:51:29 PM »

Please do not cast ageist aspersions at other members. At the Flat Earth Society we welcome people of every age, sex, race and creed. I may be a gracefully maturing man but that is no reason to be rude, or to discount my high quality arguments. You are as young or old as you feel inside!

No one has posted a high quality argument for the theory of  the world being flat; all you are doing is arguing about my name which you guys did 3 year ago too.
Please just disprove what is said about the Lunar Eclipse and so on.

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2011, 01:59:17 PM »
You mean, "Just discount that I lied, that I edited Wikipedia twice to bolster my ridiculous space claim, that I have no understanding of elementary geometry, and that I will insult you if called on any of these mistakes?"

No thanks.  Bye.

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2011, 02:00:52 PM »
You mean, "Just discount that I lied, that I edited Wikipedia twice to bolster my ridiculous space claim, that I have no understanding of elementary geometry, and that I will insult you if called on any of these mistakes?"

No thanks.  Bye.

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2011, 02:09:10 PM »
lol you guys cant even state one fact that the earth is flat.
thanks the earth is round /end

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2011, 02:17:07 PM »
Oh please James don't try to make me look like some one who hates people based on something like that. Are you not an old man? than what should i call you the man on the internet? and like i said you are in fact right in what you said however you yourself should be questioned under that logic. Meaning i have no more reason to believe you than i do them. You however tried to word it in a way that could be slightly confusing to lesser minds (we cant over look the fact that not ever one has the same level of intelligences). Often when one does this they are actively trying to confuse and through that confusing try to remove themselves from being included in their own logic.

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
  • King of charred bones and cooked meat
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2011, 04:32:30 PM »
You can't travel in a straight line and end up where you started on either model. That's not physics, it's common sense. Either way you need to walk in a circle.

You're not walking in a straight line on FE because you'd have to be following a compass, which would lead you on a huge circle round the North Pole. If you think you can walk in a straight line unassisted, please see anyone who ever got lost in deserts or woods.

J, do a search next time (this has been covered several times before, along with the next thirty things you're going to think of to disprove FE) and stop defending Armstrong because he's a pathetic ignorant prick. Armstrong, you're a pathetic wretch and you're mocking the names of two great men (Neil thought he was going to the moon, he's still pretty brave; and Lance won the Tour De France despite obvious balance issues) and you should probably take up masochism.
No but I'm guess your what? 90? Cause you just so darn mature </sarcasm>

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2011, 10:02:20 PM »
Space Travellers are fictional beings, like elves. There is no such thing as a Space Traveller.

Now hold on a moment James.  I may have to politely disagree with you here.  The Norse did extensive research on the existence of elves and their conclusions are very convincing. Dwarves on the other hand, total fiction.  You'd have to be a madman to believe in them.