What is Flat Earth General?

• 2 Replies

Jack

• Administrator
What is Flat Earth General?
« on: November 14, 2009, 03:46:54 AM »
This board is for discussion about the Flat Earth Society or the Flat Earth movement in general. For example, if you want to ask questions about The Conspiracy, flat earth believers and their beliefs, or anything else not related to Flat Earth Theory, this is the place for it. If you wish to discuss Flat Earth Theory itself, you should go to Flat Earth Q&A or Flat Earth Debate. Keep in mind that although somewhat relaxed, this forum is still subject to the Forum Rules.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 07:46:40 PM by Lord Wilmore »

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
Re: What is Flat Earth General?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 08:20:00 AM »
Just an update, because I've noticed a lot of petty rule-breaking of late. Like the other FE related boards, Flat Earth General is for serious discussion of the Flat Earth Society, The Conspiracy and Flat Earth Theory. Now, things aren't as strict in here as in Flat Earth Debate, but zero-content, off-topic or abusive posts are still against the rules. Furthermore, if a mod warns you that doesn't mean you're winning the argument or getting under someone's skin, it just means you''re breaking the rules. If you post within the rules, you'll be fine, but breaking the rules will result in warnings and possibly the suspension of your account.

It should also be noted that disputing moderation outside the Suggestions & Concerns board is against the rules, as long disputes about moderation inevitably derail threads and ruin discussion. If you want to complain about a warning or ban, do so in S&C, because you'll be banned for doing so elsewhere.

We don't take any pleasure in issuing bans, as it leads to unnecessary friction and drama, but we will issue suspensions if necessary. The rules are there to make discussion orderly and enjoyable for everyone, and it is the moderating team's task to enforce them. Finally, it is your responsability to familiarise yourself with the Forum Rules; ignorantia juris non excusat.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 07:58:26 AM by Lord Wilmore »
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
Re: What is Flat Earth General?
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 06:18:36 PM »
Here you can freely discuss about the Flat Earth Society or the Flat Earth movement in general. For example, if you want to ask questions about The Conspiracy, flat earth believers and their beliefs, or anything else not related to Flat Earth Theory, this is the place for it. If you wish to discuss Flat Earth Theory itself, you should go to Flat Earth Q&A or Flat Earth Debate. Keep in mind that although somewhat relaxed, this forum is still subject to the Forum Rules.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord