Mythbusters did the moon landing

• 413 Replies
Re: Mythbusters did the moon landing
« Reply #330 on: January 12, 2009, 08:33:08 PM »
Has anyone questioned the spaceshuttles taking off on tv and in person. Were did they go if they didnt go out into space?
1) They are destroyed at a certain altitude.

or

2) ANYWHERE ELSE.

Wait, werent there people on these shuttles?? Wow, I hope they had good parachutes
"Harm None Do as Ye Will"

?

Cheryl Wiesbaden

• Zeteticist, Moralist, Feminist
« Reply #331 on: January 12, 2009, 08:34:56 PM »
Wait, werent there people on these shuttles??
Possibly.

« Reply #332 on: January 12, 2009, 08:42:38 PM »
Exactly

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
If I was asked to imagine a perfect deity, I would never invent one that suffers from a multiple personality disorder. Christians get points for originality there.

?

Cheryl Wiesbaden

« Reply #334 on: January 12, 2009, 08:53:12 PM »
Exactly
There could very well be people inside in either of the theories... :-\

1) If it landed elsewhere on earth in secret, it would need pilots.

2) If it was destroyed before landing, they could very well evacuate or, if not, it would only confirm that NASA does not view the lives of its pawns worthy of preservation past the point of usefulness (which should come as no surprise to anyone).

« Reply #335 on: January 12, 2009, 08:55:17 PM »
Exactly

2) If it was destroyed before landing, they could very well evacuate or, if not, it would only confirm that NASA does not view the lives of its pawns worthy of preservation past the point of usefulness (which should come as no surprise to anyone).

To the first one : they must of been in a really really secret spot for something that big to land with no one seeing it LOL

To the second one : are you serious??

?

Cheryl Wiesbaden

« Reply #336 on: January 12, 2009, 08:56:58 PM »
Yes.

?

Cheryl Wiesbaden

« Reply #338 on: January 12, 2009, 09:02:07 PM »
Nice rebuttal...

« Reply #339 on: January 12, 2009, 09:05:53 PM »
Why TY. I will never believe what your saying without proof though. I can at least find pictures and info. Wheres yours?

?

Cheryl Wiesbaden

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #341 on: January 12, 2009, 09:31:20 PM »
Why TY. I will never believe what your saying without proof though. I can at least find pictures and info. Wheres yours?
No offense, but I couldn't care less what you believe. The Flat Earth Society is a group that holds an obvious perspective.

When people flood the site trying to prove us wrong and change our minds, they should be expected to back up their claims. I have made no claims in an attempt to change your mind. At most, some recent posts by Tom Bishop have been extended (even though we have no obligation) in hopes of trying to make you question your blind faith in NASA. If we were to seek RE'ers out and try to convince them that they are wrong, then we would be expected to carry the Burden of Proof. You came here telling us that we are wrong, and thus you should validate your claim.
If I was asked to imagine a perfect deity, I would never invent one that suffers from a multiple personality disorder. Christians get points for originality there.

« Reply #342 on: January 12, 2009, 09:40:42 PM »
Actually your wrong on that. This is a flat earth sight, so when people who dont believe in flat earth come along, they are definitly going to question things.
Im not spamming by the way. And if I am then so is she. Correct??
Im simply answering with my responses.
Learn to go scroll up the pages to see that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spamming

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #344 on: January 12, 2009, 09:48:55 PM »
Actually you're wrong on that. This is a flat earth site, so when people who don't believe in flat earth come along, they are definitely going to question things.
The fact that it is expected and typical behavior is irrelevant.

I'm not spamming by the way. And if I am then so is she. Correct??
I'm simply answering with my responses.

I did not accuse you of spamming. At most, I mentioned that RE'ers "flood the site" which makes reference to the imbalanced ratio of FE'ers and RE'ers. There are far more RE'ers that came to FES.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 09:52:10 PM by ﮎingulaЯiτy »

« Reply #345 on: January 12, 2009, 09:52:51 PM »
Actually you're wrong on that. This is a flat earth site, so when people who don't believe in flat earth come along, they are definitely going to question things.
The fact that it is expected and typical behavior is irrelevant.

I'm not spamming by the way. And if I am then so is she. Correct??
I'm simply answering with my responses.

I do not see how it is irrelevant.
I do not no wat the ratio if between RE and FEer's on this sight, but the topic is Mythbusters did the moon landing. I was going with the conversation here, and now that it has ended up to be completely off subject I am now done talking about this issue you are having there

I did not accuse you of spamming. At most, I mentioned that RE'ers "flood the site" which makes reference to the imbalanced ratio of FE'ers and RE'ers. There are far more RE'ers that came to FES.

WardoggKC130FE

• What website is that? MadeUpMonkeyShit.com?
« Reply #346 on: January 12, 2009, 10:00:00 PM »
Quote fail

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #347 on: January 12, 2009, 10:00:56 PM »
Why should rules of burden of proof be dependent on what you want, rather than rules of debate?
Let me put it this way...

RE'ers make the claim and therefore they should support it. Yet, you cite the fact that RE'ers are likely to behave this, as if it should change these basic rules.

I do not no what the ratio if between RE and FEer's on this sight, but the topic is Mythbusters did the moon landing. I was going with the conversation here, and now that it has ended up to be completely off subject I am now done talking about this issue you are having there.
The thread went off on a tangent, but it is still relevant to discuss as long as you persist in your claims that the burden of proof is ours.

« Reply #348 on: January 12, 2009, 10:05:52 PM »
Why should rules of burden of proof be dependent on what you want, rather than rules of debate?
Let me put it this way...

RE'ers make the claim and therefore they should support it. Yet, you cite the fact that RE'ers are likely to behave this, as if it should change these basic rules.

I do not no what the ratio if between RE and FEer's on this sight, but the topic is Mythbusters did the moon landing. I was going with the conversation here, and now that it has ended up to be completely off subject I am now done talking about this issue you are having there.
The thread went off on a tangent, but it is still relevant to discuss as long as you persist in your claims that the burden of proof is ours.

Dude, what rules are you talking about?? I see no rules saying anything about not posting about RE beliefs. If they are there please direct me to them.
I do not speak for all RE ppl. But you can expect ppl to post on these forums talking about the SUBJECT on the TOP that was originally posted to begin with. What if your problem??
Do you always get like this when a REer posts somehthing on a POST that is relevant 2 the TOPIC of this thread??
Anyway.... Have a nice day

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #349 on: January 12, 2009, 10:10:17 PM »
I am simply talking about the general rules of debate:
Whoever makes the claim should be expected to provide the proof supporting their claim.

I only wish to clear up the fact that FE'ers have no responsibility to post proof, as long as it is RE'ers telling us that our society is wrong.

Thanks. You too.

« Reply #350 on: January 12, 2009, 10:17:56 PM »
I am simply talking about the general rules of debate:
Whoever makes the claim should be expected to provide the proof supporting their claim.

I only wish to clear up the fact that FE'ers have no responsibility to post proof, as long as it is RE'ers telling us that our society is wrong.

Thanks. You too.

The ones who stated the claim is the ones who created this sight. And the ones who joined in on this sight that are FEers are also making there claims. Isnt this correct though that the ones who created this sight is the ones who made the claims?
The REers are coming here questioning the CLAIMS that the earth is flat. So that would mean that the FEers should give them proof if your statement is correct.

And TY, it is a beautiful day

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #351 on: January 12, 2009, 10:25:52 PM »
The ones who stated the claim is the ones who created this sight. And the ones who joined in on this sight that are FEers are also making there claims. Isnt this correct though that the ones who created this sight is the ones who made the claims?
The REers are coming here questioning the CLAIMS that the earth is flat. So that would mean that the FEers should give them proof if your statement is correct.

Except that FES is not looking to convince anybody of anything. We are a society holding a certain perspective. We have not approached RE'ers making a claim. They came to us, to tell us that we are wrong. If you go as far as to interpret the site itself as our claim, then that claim is merely that "we believe in FE", which is unprovable and meaningless.

As an example: If you approach a man of a different religion, and tell him he is wrong, why should he be expected to take the time and energy to convince you that he is right? ...If both sides are looking to debate and convince the other side of their view, then you would be correct.

The debate section of this site arose just to make a place for all the arguments that RE brings.

« Reply #352 on: January 12, 2009, 10:40:36 PM »

Except that FES is not looking to convince anybody of anything. We are a society holding a certain perspective. We have not approached RE'ers making a claim. They came to us, to tell us that we are wrong. If you go as far as to interpret the site itself as our claim, then that claim is merely that "we believe in FE", which is unprovable and meaningless.

As an example: If you approach a man of a different religion, and tell him he is wrong, why should he be expected to take the time and energy to convince you that he is right? ...If both sides are looking to debate and convince the other side of their view, then you would be correct.

The debate section of this site arose just to make a place for all the arguments that RE brings.

The FES may not be looking to convince anybody of anything, but the point is that this sight is all about FE. You say Unprovable and meaningless? Does this mean that there is no proof to your claims of FE?
If both sides decide to go into a debate over FE vs RE, then there is a discussion. If a person chooses not to get into the debate, then they keep there lips sealed, or they become angry because they feel one is trying to change anothers mind. Which honestly in most debates this is true. One is trying to change ones mind to what another believes. With that saying, I believe in RE and the person I was talking with believes in FE. We both got into a discussion on it and then you popped up. LOL. Which is fine cause you can actually talk to me like a human rather then the way i have talked to allot of others here that result in complete nonsense. So TY for knowing how to talk with someone.
I like your example, since i have been in many debates on religion. Though I have never started the debate on religion,  I just agreed to speak about my believes with someone who doesnt believe what I do.

When I came here, i could not understand the beliefs that are on this sight. Just the same as a FEer can not believe what a REer believes.

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #353 on: January 12, 2009, 11:04:39 PM »
You say Unprovable and meaningless? Does this mean that there is no proof to your claims of FE?
I only intend to convey that the claim "I believe in FE" is unprovable and meaningless (meaningless relative to the rest of the debates here). And I cannot prove that I believe in something. At most I could take a lie detector test, but in the end, do you really care that I believe it, or do you care about the belief itself?

If both sides decide to go into a debate over FE vs RE, then there is a discussion. If a person chooses not to get into the debate, then they keep there lips sealed, or they become angry because they feel one is trying to change anothers mind. Which honestly in most debates this is true. One is trying to change ones mind to what another believes. With that saying, I believe in RE and the person I was talking with believes in FE. We both got into a discussion on it and then you popped up. LOL.

The person you approach may dedicate some of their time to the discussion without planning on convincing you. I noticed several lines of Socratic questioning. Actually, I myself don't plan on convincing you, and I find it likely that Cheryl is on the same page based on her post history.

In the end, I only wanted to clarify this point:
I will never believe what your saying without proof though. I can at least find pictures and info. Wheres yours?

I had no intention of diluting the thread or your discussion.  :-\

Which is fine cause you can actually talk to me like a human rather then the way i have talked to allot of others here that result in complete nonsense. So TY for knowing how to talk with someone.
Well, I too appreciated the few people who took the time to speak to me intelligibly and respectfully when I was relatively new to the site.

« Reply #354 on: January 12, 2009, 11:12:15 PM »
Your not the first person to tell me I use the Socratic Method.
And i wont deny it. LOL. Usually depends on what the subject is that Im talking about with someone.
And what there answers are

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #355 on: January 12, 2009, 11:18:18 PM »
Well, I can't blame anyone for using it. I consider the Socratic method to be a very superior form of discussion because it forces the other person to make the connections. When you flat out explain something to somebody, there is always a large possibility for misunderstanding. I used to use it a ton, until I got lazy and preoccupied with work, and school.

« Reply #356 on: January 13, 2009, 12:21:49 AM »
Well, I can't blame anyone for using it. I consider the Socratic method to be a very superior form of discussion because it forces the other person to make the connections. When you flat out explain something to somebody, there is always a large possibility for misunderstanding. I used to use it a ton, until I got lazy and preoccupied with work, and school.

Work and School is very time consuming. And in the end very successful

« Reply #357 on: January 13, 2009, 06:56:42 AM »
Exactly

Yet again you demonstrate your stupidity. If there is even a chance that they are killed, wouldn't they never be seen again?
I hate myself for coming here

« Reply #358 on: January 13, 2009, 04:03:52 PM »
Exactly

Yet again you demonstrate your stupidity. If there is even a chance that they are killed, wouldn't they never be seen again?

TY

?

Cheryl Wiesbaden

« Reply #359 on: January 14, 2009, 11:52:17 AM »
Exactly

Presumably. How is that a problem?