The Number of People in the Conspiracy

• 86 Replies
Re: The Number of People in the Conspiracy
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2007, 07:51:08 AM »
Here's something else to think about.  What happens to the Space Shuttle after they launch it?  You can watch the shuttle pretty much all the way until it leaves the atmosphere.  In a RE model the shuttle goes into orbit around the Earth, but in a FE model the Earth is accelerating upward.  That means the whole time the shuttle is in space it must be producing enough thrust to keep accelerating with the Earth or it will just come crashing down.  From an energy standpoint that would be impossible for how long the space shuttle stays in space.  So what happens then?  Does NASA have a secret base somewhere where they land the shuttle and relaunch it so that everyone can see it come back from space when its supposed too.  That might take a significant amount of conspiracy money. 

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2007, 09:19:32 AM »
Here's something else to think about.  What happens to the Space Shuttle after they launch it?  You can watch the shuttle pretty much all the way until it leaves the atmosphere.  In a RE model the shuttle goes into orbit around the Earth, but in a FE model the Earth is accelerating upward.  That means the whole time the shuttle is in space it must be producing enough thrust to keep accelerating with the Earth or it will just come crashing down.  From an energy standpoint that would be impossible for how long the space shuttle stays in space.  So what happens then?  Does NASA have a secret base somewhere where they land the shuttle and relaunch it so that everyone can see it come back from space when its supposed too.  That might take a significant amount of conspiracy money. 

Could you support this statement with proof ?

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2007, 09:50:01 AM »
How much fuel do you think they carry? It's not an infinite supply!

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2007, 10:02:09 AM »
You know why they have leverage? They are keeping one of the biggest conspiracies ever secret. They could ask for as much as they want and get it or they could easily spill the beans.

I will not make fun of Mr.  Tom Bishop anymore for I had a massive nose bleed. I hate karma. :(
Okay, well let's take this lightly. These guards get a good enough salary. They don't have to do all that much--granted it's kinda cold out there. Now, what would happen if some guy with no family and no friends began telling everyone that the Earth was flat and he knew it because he has been an "Ice Wall Guard" for a few years. Would ANYONE believe him? Doubtful.

~D-Draw

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2007, 10:05:37 AM »
You know why they have leverage? They are keeping one of the biggest conspiracies ever secret. They could ask for as much as they want and get it or they could easily spill the beans.

I will not make fun of Mr.  Tom Bishop anymore for I had a massive nose bleed. I hate karma. :(
Okay, well let's take this lightly. These guards get a good enough salary. They don't have to do all that much--granted it's kinda cold out there. Now, what would happen if some guy with no family and no friends began telling everyone that the Earth was flat and he knew it because he has been an "Ice Wall Guard" for a few years. Would ANYONE believe him? Doubtful.

~D-Draw

He could take pictures or video footage of the ice wall and what is on the other side.

« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2007, 10:07:17 AM »
If he took good enough photos he might gather media interest. The media would try and go and see for themselves...conspiracy is blown apart. Good job there's no conspiracy eh?

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2007, 10:08:00 AM »

Who said it was ?

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2007, 10:09:17 AM »
He could take pictures or video footage of the ice wall and what is on the other side.
Yeah. And then people would just believe him. Just like that? Plus, I don't think they simply let any of the guards climb the ice wall with video equipment. ::)

~D-Draw

« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2007, 10:11:37 AM »
Yeah. And then people would just believe him. Just like that? Plus, I don't think they simply let any of the guards climb the ice wall with video equipment. ::)

~D-Draw

Yeah, the ice guard guards keep the ice guards in check, and if this site has convinced anyone then an authentic picture of empty space next to an ice wall would do a lot more.

« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2007, 10:12:26 AM »

Who said it was ?

Well when it runs out you stop accelerating and the Earth would catch up eventually. Unless there was some way of...oh I don't know...going into orbit!

« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2007, 10:16:38 AM »

~D-Draw

He wouldn't have to climb the ice wall. He could take photos of all the various equipment, watch towers, camps and everything else that would be required to guard a wall that big.

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2007, 10:19:08 AM »
He wouldn't have to climb the ice wall. He could take photos of all the various equipment, watch towers, camps and everything else that would be required to guard a wall that big.
Well, the other guy said that he could take pictures of everything around the Ice Wall, so I figured he meant space. In any case, why would the conspiracy not be protective of all that equipment and watch towers and such? You think they don't take precautions?

~D-Draw

« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2007, 10:20:10 AM »

Who said it was ?

Well when it runs out you stop accelerating and the Earth would catch up eventually. Unless there was some way of...oh I don't know...going into orbit!

Ah, I see. So you know exactly how much thrust the SRBs provides ?

« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2007, 10:21:13 AM »
Well, the other guy said that he could take pictures of everything around the Ice Wall, so I figured he meant space. In any case, why would the conspiracy not be protective of all that equipment and watch towers and such? You think they don't take precautions?

~D-Draw

There is no conspiracy.
FE Pwnage Archive

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=8101.0

The Engineer is still a douchebag

« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2007, 10:21:39 AM »

~D-Draw
well, considering there is 78225 miles of ice wall to guard and apparently only around 1000 guards I'm pretty sure they can do whatever they want with very little interference.

« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2007, 10:22:52 AM »

Who said it was ?

Ah, I see. So you know exactly how much thrust the SRBs provides ?

Enough to overpower g. But not for days or weeks at a time, that would require ridiculous amounts of fuel.

« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2007, 10:25:52 AM »

~D-Draw

So now they have guards to guard the guards? Who guards them?

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2007, 10:27:58 AM »
There is no conspiracy.
Good come-back. I can't refute.

well, considering there is 78225 miles of ice wall to guard and apparently only around 1000 guards I'm pretty sure they can do whatever they want with very little interference.
But you think that they are given cameras and equipment and enough stuff that they need to record all of this junk? And even if they DID get footage of random cameras and things, who would believe that they were actually guarding the "Ice Wall?" Honestly.

~D-Draw

« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2007, 10:30:20 AM »
There is no conspiracy.
Good come-back. I can't refute.

But you think that they are given cameras and equipment and enough stuff that they need to record all of this junk? And even if they DID get footage of random cameras and things, who would believe that they were actually guarding the "Ice Wall?" Honestly.

~D-Draw
People believe it based upon this site with absolutely no evidence, so I think he could get people based upon some amount of evidence.

« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2007, 10:30:35 AM »
Well people believe the earth is flat based on the ramblings of some guy 200 years ago so I'm pretty sure that decent photographs would at least get some of the media interested. That is of course if the media aren't in on it too. This "massive" budget is starting to get spread pretty thin if that is the case.

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2007, 10:34:31 AM »
Well people believe the earth is flat based on the ramblings of some guy 200 years ago so I'm pretty sure that decent photographs would at least get some of the media interested. That is of course if the media aren't in on it too. This "massive" budget is starting to get spread pretty thin if that is the case.
Photographs of random security equipment in a snowbank? Yeah. Sure. I'm sure the media would be in a frenzy.
And would you quit with the Straw Man bullshit?

~D-Draw

« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2007, 10:43:49 AM »
I'm not sure I follow you. We're having a discussion about whether or not people would believe photos of the ice wall and it's various natural and man made features. I think people would based on the fact that people believe it without seeing photos. How is that a straw man argument? I would have thought you would know what one was seeing as it forms the very foundation of almost every argument you make.

« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2007, 10:47:11 AM »
DiegoDraw, you have said the exact same thing in at least your last 3 posts, then we say why we think you're wrong but you can't really come up with a response so you just say the same thing again.  Please try harder in the future.

« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2007, 11:11:11 AM »

~D-Draw

Jesus would.
Imperious, choleric, irascible, extreme in everything, with a dissolute imagination the like of which has never been seen, atheistic to the point of fanaticism, there you have me in a nutshell.... Kill me again or take me as I am, for I shall not change.

« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2007, 11:27:26 AM »

You should be smart enough to prove it to yourself.  Go find the weight of the space shuttle and the density of its fuel.  Then calculate how much thrust would be required to maintain the shuttle at a constant acceleration of 9.8 m/s.  Then figure out how much fuel would be needed to maintain the mass of the shuttle and its fuel at that constant acceleration for the 10-15 days the shuttle is in orbit.  Start crunching the numbers and you'll realize how ridiculous this is. 

« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2007, 11:31:19 AM »

You should be smart enough to prove it to yourself.  Go find the weight of the space shuttle and the density of its fuel.  Then calculate how much thrust would be required to maintain the shuttle at a constant acceleration of 9.8 m/s.  Then figure out how much fuel would be needed to maintain the mass of the shuttle and its fuel at that constant acceleration for the 10-15 days the shuttle is in orbit.  Start crunching the numbers and you'll realize how ridiculous this is. 

(anticipated response)Have you ever measured the mass of a space shuttle or the density of it's fuel? If not then how do you know what it is?  Maybe the fuel has negative mass.

« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2007, 11:34:31 AM »

(anticipated response)Have you ever measured the mass of a space shuttle or the density of it's fuel? If not then how do you know what it is?  Maybe the fuel has negative mass.

:o :o :o
Imperious, choleric, irascible, extreme in everything, with a dissolute imagination the like of which has never been seen, atheistic to the point of fanaticism, there you have me in a nutshell.... Kill me again or take me as I am, for I shall not change.

« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2007, 11:38:02 AM »
If there is "cold light" why not fuel with negative mass?

« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2007, 11:39:42 AM »

ROFLMAO

« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2007, 11:45:56 AM »
Obviously, the gravity that stars have so much of pulls the space ship off the earth, and the space ship only uses fuel to leave its gravitational pull and come back to the Earth. :-\