is this really too hard for FEers to grasp ?

• 24 Replies
is this really too hard for FEers to grasp ?
« on: March 13, 2007, 12:05:15 AM »
i'm having a verrrrrrrrry hard time trying to see your logic in all this, but i think of a round earth, it makes perfect sense, all the way around .. what happened to you people to make you believe the earth is flat ? doesn't your general logic and knowledge of the world simply tell you it isn't ?
With no south pole, there is no electromagnetism, giving us no protection from the sun's harmful radiation--we'd all be dead right now.
The ice wall, supposedly made up of antartica lies around the edge of the earth, why no one has recorded it, who knows

?

Tom Bishop

Re: is this really too hard for FEers to grasp ?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 12:07:46 AM »
You have given zero evidence for a Round Earth. Nothing more than assumption and the word of your undereducated, underpaid first grade school teacher.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 12:09:20 AM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 12:10:52 AM »
how educated are you tom, other than the countless books you tell us to read, what about books on the facts already presented that the earth is round ? your books are outdated, only 2 were created after space travel, though i guess this arguement is null because you dont bleive in that either, my evidence is the fact that most of your theories have already been proven wrong, time and time again .. plus i dont even need to provide evidence, alot of others do that for me already
With no south pole, there is no electromagnetism, giving us no protection from the sun's harmful radiation--we'd all be dead right now.
The ice wall, supposedly made up of antartica lies around the edge of the earth, why no one has recorded it, who knows

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 12:16:46 AM »
how educated are you tom, other than the countless books you tell us to read, what about books on the facts already presented that the earth is round ?

There are little to no books on the subject of a Round Earth. In my research I have found nothing but a couple loose observations and assumptions that might possibly hint to a globular nature of the world.

By comparison, Flat Earth Theory has mountains of fact behind its assertions.

your books are outdated, only 2 were created after space travel, though i guess this arguement is null because you dont bleive in that either,

Actually, your books are out dated. Your entire belief structure is built upon a book written in the 1600's.

my evidence is the fact that most of your theories have already been proven wrong, time and time again

In that case you should easily prove the earth as a globe in this very thread with a simple copy-paste.

.. plus i dont even need to provide evidence, alot of others do that for me already

If you're not going to provide evidence for your stone age dogmatic beliefs then get out. Dogma is not welcome here. You would feel more at home posting in a religious forum.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 12:28:34 AM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 12:22:52 AM »
there aren't books written on a round earth because EVERYONE ALREADY BELIEVES the earth is round, there's only SOME people that believe the earth is flat, therefore, they make books to contradict this, i'm talking about science textbooks, not books directly related to saying, the earth is round, it's just a mentioned fact

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 12:27:29 AM »
Since books are proof, why don't you take your bullshit theories and write a book about how flat the earth is.  Then you can refer to a current book instead of a 50 year old one.

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 12:47:28 AM »
i'm having a verrrrrrrrry hard time trying to see your logic in all this,
Maybe you need contact lenses.

but i think of a round earth, it makes perfect sense, all the way around
I'm sure it makes perfect sense to you.

.. what happened to you people to make you believe the earth is flat ?
Woah, woah, woah. I believe the Earth is flat? Holy crap...thanks for notifying me, I...I think I have some thinking to do...Wow...

doesn't your general logic and knowledge of the world simply tell you it isn't ?
Not really.

~D-Draw

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2007, 12:56:41 AM »
tell me seriously, have you ALWAYS believed the earth was flat ? or did you do some acid some day and open your mind ?

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2007, 01:02:56 AM »
tell me seriously, have you ALWAYS believed the earth was flat ?
Nope.

or did you do some acid some day and open your mind ?
Never done acid. Sounds stupid.

~D-Draw

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2007, 01:08:05 AM »
so then, what made you believe the earth is flat ? what was the conclusive evidence that made you believe this theory..

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2007, 01:10:38 AM »
so then, what made you believe the earth is flat ?
Why do you continue to insist on telling me what I believe?

what was the conclusive evidence that made you believe this theory..
There wasn't any.

~D-Draw

P.S. Subtlety is a bitch...but oh so fun.

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2007, 01:25:52 AM »
what is it you believ ethen ? this is crucial to an arguement, that you've obviously taken sides on, why dont you just say it ?

Franc T., Planar

• Leader of the Planar Army, Republic of Canada
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2007, 01:30:53 AM »
i'm having a verrrrrrrrry hard time trying to see your logic in all this, but i think of a round earth, it makes perfect sense, all the way around .. what happened to you people to make you believe the earth is flat ? doesn't your general logic and knowledge of the world simply tell you it isn't ?

No...
Broadcasting live from the Republic of Canada!

They say death and taxes are the only two absolutes. Actually, they're only half right.

unclegravy

• I feel so fucking high!!!!!!
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2007, 05:54:16 AM »

Give me one thing you have observed that led you to believe the earth is round.

The FE model has two solid arguments imo (yes, only two): the earth looks flat up close, and the government COULD be conspiring.

It must be our aim to crush these with the iron hand of Nerull!!!!!
The people who feast on exclamation marks will never go hungry agaaaain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

?

Miss M.

• Screw you.
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2007, 08:19:51 AM »
doesn't the moon look flat close up though? Hell, from a distance it looks flat...
Quote from: TheEngineer
I happen to like GG.
Quote from: Z, the Enlightened.
I never thought in my life I'd write the sentence "I thought they were caught in a bipolar geodesic?"

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2007, 10:29:20 AM »
what is it you believ ethen ? this is crucial to an arguement, that you've obviously taken sides on, why dont you just say it ?
Why is it crucial to what I'm arguing that I agree with what I'm arguing about? Doesn't it only matter what I'm debating?

Give me one thing you have observed that led you to believe the earth is round.

The FE model has two solid arguments imo (yes, only two): the earth looks flat up close, and the government COULD be conspiring.

It must be our aim to crush these with the iron hand of Nerull!!!!!
Fuck that. Boccob is like ten times better than Nerull. Well, unless you're chaotic evil, but chaotic evil people piss me off.

~D-Draw

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2007, 10:37:29 AM »
Surely something must have swayed your opinion, people are religious because it has influenced their life soemwhat, are they not?

?

Tim Bishop

• Tom's Brother
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2007, 10:45:54 AM »
You have given zero evidence for a Round Earth. Nothing more than assumption and the word of your undereducated, underpaid first grade school teacher.

Tom, you know as well as I, your brother, that I have evidence of a Round Earth.
Yes, it is a birthmark.

unclegravy

• I feel so fucking high!!!!!!
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2007, 11:06:34 AM »
Fuck that. Boccob is like ten times better than Nerull. Well, unless you're chaotic evil, but chaotic evil people piss me off.

~D-Draw
The only reason I chose to be chaotic evil was because Nerull sounded badass.
Besides, Pelor is a wuss.
The people who feast on exclamation marks will never go hungry agaaaain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2007, 02:10:56 PM »
What evidence do you lot have for a flat Earth, apart from the fact that from up close, it looks flat? Don't just give me the picture of a flat Earth, why the hell would NASA want to make pictures of something which proves what they say is wrong?

?

Miss M.

• Screw you.
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2007, 02:15:05 PM »
Nasa didn't take them...they're in on the conspiracy...wouldn't have had the guts to contradict the RE theory.
I happen to like GG.
I never thought in my life I'd write the sentence "I thought they were caught in a bipolar geodesic?"

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2007, 02:16:37 PM »
So who did make them then? Were they made or taken? Why did Tom Bishop claim that they were taken by the Space Shuttle Endeavour?

Franc T., Planar

• Leader of the Planar Army, Republic of Canada
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2007, 02:21:29 PM »
What evidence do you lot have for a flat Earth, apart from the fact that from up close, it looks flat? Don't just give me the picture of a flat Earth, why the hell would NASA want to make pictures of something which proves what they say is wrong?

Since I have proven that Round Earthers have zero evidence, we are at worst on an equal footing.
Broadcasting live from the Republic of Canada!

They say death and taxes are the only two absolutes. Actually, they're only half right.

?

Miss M.

• Screw you.
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2007, 02:28:14 PM »
So who did make them then? Were they made or taken? Why did Tom Bishop claim that they were taken by the Space Shuttle Endeavour?
which tom bishop? And I dunno, I was being sarcastic lol.
I happen to like GG.

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2007, 02:30:22 PM »
How come that if you fly from London to New York it is quicker to go North and back down again, in an arc if the Earth is flat? Surely it would just be quicker to go in as straight a line as possible if the Earth is flat.