When will RE Community Accept Defeat?

• 1981 Replies

Plat Terra

• I am a Neutral Flat Earther
Re: When will RE Community Accept Defeat?
« Reply #1890 on: September 12, 2019, 05:04:53 PM »
Gleason MAP, miles from Sydney, Australia to Santiago.

Incorrect!
Sydney is at 33.8688° S, 151.2093° E and Santiago at 33.4489° S, 70.6693° W.

So the distance on the Gleason Map (with an overall diameter of 40,000 km) is about 25,700 km!
Simply scaling in from the map, taking the North Pole to Equator distance as 10,000 km, gets close to my value, not yours!

Your aren't very good at this flat earth stuff either, are you?

He didn’t use a computer but measured by hand. So what , he rounded up and down.  And Santiago is not on the map, yet he estimated Santiago to be at 33° Latitude and 71.5°. Longitude.

One degree off on longitude with an estimation and you’re complaining with incorrect, WOW!! You have some serious intellectually dishonesty problems.  Our map is accurate and you can’t stand it! Get’s some help.

The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

Plat Terra

« Reply #1891 on: September 12, 2019, 05:42:43 PM »
Some can’t stand the idea a Plane Earth Map was actually made and is accurate, but it’s true. They want all to believe all maps were made with a Globe in mind, but it’s just more fantasy they push. If you would like to learn how to understand and use Gleason’s Flat Earth map please have a look the following video.

In 1893, Gleason published his flat Earth chrome "Is the Earth From Heaven” which gave many flat Earth proofs and explained his map.

The Gleason's Map (1892) - The Masterpiece of a Genius | Flat Earth

There's no such thing as a flat earth map. All of the "maps" used as flat earth models are globe projections. Even Gleason, in his patent filing of his map said so:

"The extorsion of the map from that of a globe consists, mainly in the straightening out of the meridian lines allowing each to retain their original value from Greenwich, the equator to the two poles."

Gleason spent many years developing his map and flat Earth Book which he published within the next year of patenting his map.

Tell me, how gullible and brainwashed does a Globe believer have to be, to believe a man that published a Flat Earth book also patented a Globe map a few months before?
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #1892 on: September 12, 2019, 05:55:22 PM »

Incorrect!

So the distance on the Gleason Map (with an overall diameter of 40,000 km) is about 25,700 km!
Simply scaling in from the map, taking the North Pole to Equator distance as 10,000 km, gets close to my value, not yours!

He didn’t use a computer but measured by hand. So what , he rounded up and down.  And Santiago is not on the map, yet he estimated Santiago to be at 33° Latitude and 71.5°. Longitude.

One degree off on longitude with an estimation and you’re complaining with incorrect, WOW!!
No, I am not complaining about any "One degree off on longitude"!

One degree off has nothing to do with it! The distance from the North Pole to the Equator is 10,000 km so take a look at this:

You don't need to do anything but put a ruler over the distances to see that the Sydney, Australia, to Santiago, Chile, to see that your 11,702 km is total fiction!

The Gleason Map is NOT an accurate Flat Earth and was never intended to be! It was patented as a Time Chart and not as a map!

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1893 on: September 12, 2019, 05:56:25 PM »
A sidereal time is irrelevant to the movement of the Sun.
That's right.  A sidereal day is based on the earth's rotation relative to the stars, not the sun.  That's why it's different from solar time.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1894 on: September 12, 2019, 06:02:46 PM »
Some can’t stand the idea a Plane Earth Map was actually made and is accurate, but it’s true. They want all to believe all maps were made with a Globe in mind, but it’s just more fantasy they push. If you would like to learn how to understand and use Gleason’s Flat Earth map please have a look the following video.

In 1893, Gleason published his flat Earth chrome "Is the Earth From Heaven” which gave many flat Earth proofs and explained his map.

The Gleason's Map (1892) - The Masterpiece of a Genius | Flat Earth

There's no such thing as a flat earth map. All of the "maps" used as flat earth models are globe projections. Even Gleason, in his patent filing of his map said so:

"The extorsion of the map from that of a globe consists, mainly in the straightening out of the meridian lines allowing each to retain their original value from Greenwich, the equator to the two poles."

Gleason spent many years developing his map and flat Earth Book which he published within the next year of patenting his map.

Tell me, how gullible and brainwashed does a Globe believer have to be, to believe a man that published a Flat Earth book also patented a Globe map a few months before?

For the same reason most Flat Earthers use the AE Globe Projection North Pole centered map as their model; because they don't have a map or model. Much like you now.

Gleason is clear his map is a projection and says so. As well, the AE Globe Projection North Pole centered map predates Gleason's version by hundreds of years. Mercator used it to show the poles on his globe projection back in the 1500's.

So, once again, you are wrong. And once again, filled to the brim with irony: You, a flat earther, defending a globe map. Hilarious.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #1895 on: September 12, 2019, 06:09:31 PM »

The Gleason's map was patented as LONGITUDE AND TIME CALCULATOR and it says so right there on in the heading!

Maybe it gets used by flat earthers but its Southern Hemisphere east-west distances bear no resemblance to reality and I KNOW that first hand because I live in the Southern Hemisphere!

And it falls flat on its face when it comes to the Southern Celestial Pole's being due south of everybody!

« Reply #1896 on: September 12, 2019, 06:10:36 PM »
Plat tera, it would be unfair of me to say I'm not a detective, but have you had a little read of Gleason's map?

What does it say up the top?
"On the projection of j.s. Christopher Modern College, Blackheath England" Then underneath it says, "Scientifically and practically correct" It is used by a university.

I can verify the shape of Australia on map is correct length ways but incorrect north and south ways.

The map is useful as a projection of our spherical Earth. That's why it works. Gleason new this.

You fail again, plat tera. Next!.............

Plat Terra

« Reply #1897 on: September 12, 2019, 06:17:33 PM »

Incorrect!

One degree off on longitude with an estimation and you’re complaining with incorrect, WOW!!

One degree off has nothing to do with it! The distance from the North Pole to the Equator is 10,000 km so take a look at this:

You don't need to do anything but put a ruler over the distances to see that the Sydney, Australia, to Santiago, Chile, to see that your 11,702 km is total fiction!

The Gleason Map is NOT an accurate Flat Earth and was never intended to be! It was patented as a Time Chart and not as a map!

You are being ID again and playing games.

The picture you posted with this post gives the miles from Sydney, Australia, to Santiago, Chile. Look again. 11702 KM

Your method of measuring is incorrect. That’s your problem and not mine.

We all know, you can't accept you're wrong again but have to express even more ID.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1898 on: September 12, 2019, 06:19:47 PM »

Incorrect!

The picture you posted with this post gives the miles from Sydney, Australia, to Santiago, Chile. Look again. 11702 KM

We all know, you can't accept you're wrong again but have to express even more ID.

What is the correct way to measure it then? Please describe.

Plat Terra

« Reply #1899 on: September 12, 2019, 06:27:22 PM »
The Gleason's map was patented a NEW STANDARD MAP OF THE WORLD and it says so right there on in the heading with the biggest letters, AND IT CAN BE USED AS A LONGITUDE TIME CACULATOR!

Plat Terra

« Reply #1900 on: September 12, 2019, 06:32:52 PM »

Incorrect!

It's in the video I posted a couple  pages back. Here is is again. I cannot easily describe it. If you really want to know LEARN ABOUT IT through the video.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1901 on: September 12, 2019, 06:33:14 PM »
The Gleason's map was patented a NEW STANDARD MAP OF THE WORLD and it says so right there on in the heading with the biggest letters, AND IT CAN BE USED AS A LONGITUDE TIME CACULATOR!

Cool, but it was not new as a map. It got the patent because of the "time calculator", not the map itself. That map is an old AE globe projection, nothing new and every much a globe.

Gleason's own words in the patent filing:

From Gleason's patent filing of his map:

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1902 on: September 12, 2019, 06:39:01 PM »

Incorrect!

It's in the video I posted a couple  pages back. Here is is again. I cannot easily describe it. If you really want to know LEARN ABOUT IT through the video.

Hilarious. Your guy in the video is simply using the globe longitude and latitude to calculate the distance. He's not calculating the flat earth distance, he's calculating the spherical earth distance like everyone else in the world does.

You really have to be joking, right?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #1903 on: September 12, 2019, 06:46:19 PM »

No, Mr Plat Terra, read the patent application!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
You might like to read: Gleason's Map and here is a little extract:
Well, we certainly know what he said on his US Patent application from 1895.  Here is Gleason's concept drawing as submitted:
You can read the entire patent, which describes the map's use as a time calculator for students. But the most important passage from the flat-Earth standpoint is this:
          The map is not so extorted as to lose the relative latitude and longitude of any places on the land or sea, but retains all latitudes and longitudes of places agreeing with other recognized authors; and as the proper relations of continents and countries all stand in their relative position to each other, they are thus impressed upon the mind of the student. The extorsion of the map from that of a globe consists, mainly in the straightening out of the meridian lines allowing each to retain their original value from Greenwich, the equator to the two poles.
The use of "extorted" in the sense of "distorted" is interesting here, but the intent is clear; the map is not "as it is" (which I think may have been a slogan of the map's publisher), but a projection that preserves the positions with regard to longitude lines, but not the distances between them (distances between lines of latitude, however, are preserved). And note his phrasing "the equator to the two poles." A flat Earth does not have two poles.

Just note again that bit from the patent application: "The extorsion of the map from that of a globe consists, mainly in the straightening out of the meridian lines allowing each to retain their original value from Greenwich, the equator to the two poles."

Now please read the patent! Look at the heading:
A. GLEASON
TIME CHART

How much clearer could it be and it is an accurate projection of the Globe but it is NOT an accurate of a Flat Earth - even the distance around the equator would be 62,831 km when it really should be a little over 40,000 km!

Just face facts - the Gleason Map is NOT accurate as a Flat Earth map and wriggle and squirn as much as you like but that will not change that!

Plat Terra

« Reply #1904 on: September 12, 2019, 06:51:24 PM »

Cool, but it was not new as a map. It got the patent because of the "time calculator", not the map itself. That map is an old AE globe projection, nothing new and every much a globe.

Again. Tell me, how gullible and brainwashed does a Globe believer have to be, to believe a man that published a Flat Earth book also patented a Globe map a few months before? We know you can’t openly admit you have been brainwashed.

And you don’t know what was going through the mind of Gleason when he penned those words in his patent.   

« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 07:03:11 PM by Plat Terra »

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1905 on: September 12, 2019, 06:58:35 PM »

Again. Tell me, how gullible and brainwashed does a Globe believer have to be, to believe a man that published a Flat Earth book also patented a Globe map a few months before? We know you can’t openly admit you have been brainwashed.

And you don’t know what was going through the mind of Gleason when he penned those words in his patent.   We know you can’t openly admit you have been brainwashed.

I understand why it's confusing to you, but that doesn't change the fact that the Gleason map is nothing but the old AE globe projection. Sorry, that's just a fact. What is unique to the Gleason patent is the "time calculator". That's all. Not the map itself.

It also doesn't change the fact that your guy in the video is using a globe coordinate system to calculate distance. Just like everyone does today; calculates distance based upon a spherical earth. Sorry again, those are just the facts. You may not like the facts, but they are the facts none the less.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #1906 on: September 12, 2019, 07:18:46 PM »
If he published it as a Flat Earth map he made a real hash of it because it is proveably quite inaccurate as a Flat Earth map - get used to it!

Plat Terra

« Reply #1907 on: September 12, 2019, 08:07:05 PM »

And you don’t know what was going through the mind of Gleason when he penned those words in his patent.   We know you can’t openly admit you have been brainwashed.

I understand why it's confusing to you, but that doesn't change the fact that the Gleason map is nothing but the old AE globe projection. Sorry, that's just a fact. What is unique to the Gleason patent is the "time calculator". That's all. Not the map itself.

It also doesn't change the fact that your guy in the video is using a globe coordinate system to calculate distance. Just like everyone does today; calculates distance based upon a spherical earth. Sorry again, those are just the facts. You may not like the facts, but they are the facts none the less.

Yup, you made a brainwashed Globie out of me. The Gleason’s New Standard Map of the World with a moving and spiraling Sun is a map of a Globe.

This is from the bottom left corner of the Map.

Tell me some more lies.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1908 on: September 12, 2019, 08:16:58 PM »

Yup, you made a brainwashed Globie out of me. The Gleason’s New Standard Map of the World with a moving and spiraling Sun is a map of a Globe.

Tell me some more lies.

What's the point you're trying to make? Yeah, that's how the sun moves on an AE globe projection map. No mystery there. It's still a globe projection map, first rendered 100's of years earlier. If he made an AE South pole centered globe projection map that box would read exactly the same except the dates would be changed and where he put South would then be North. Still a globe projection map.

And Gleason says so in his patent filing:

So I know it's hard to hear, but the Gleason map is nothing more than a globe projection and that's the fact Jack. No matter how much you wish it to be something that it's not doesn't change the facts. And it's becoming increasingly bizarre that you are so defending a globe map when I thought you were a flat earther.

Plat Terra

« Reply #1909 on: September 12, 2019, 09:06:42 PM »

Tell me some more lies.

What's the point you're trying to make? Yeah, that's how the sun moves on an AE globe projection map. No mystery there. It's still a globe projection map, first rendered 100's of years earlier. If he made an AE South pole centered globe projection map that box would read exactly the same except the dates would be changed and where he put South would then be North. Still a globe projection map.

So I know it's hard to hear, but the Gleason map is nothing more than a globe projection and that's the fact Jack. No matter how much you wish it to be something that it's not doesn't change the facts. And it's becoming increasingly bizarre that you are so defending a globe map when I thought you were a flat earther.

There is no Globe, Jack!  So it's not possible for it to be Globe projection. As time passed your guys took original established maps of Flat Earther's and made a Globe from that. Gleason corrected it through extortion, mainly in the straightening out of the meridian lines allowing each to retain their original value from Greenwich. It was not correct in Globe form and couldn't be anyway because it's not a damn sphere.  Your forefathers were deceitful thieves and  hijacked the established the work of flat Earther's, and made it into a sphere. That's not something to be proud of and that’s where your maps come from.  And you're still being schooled.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 09:34:00 PM by Plat Terra »

« Reply #1910 on: September 12, 2019, 09:47:00 PM »
Yet, it is a globe projection.

It's just another world map variation. This one offers to quickly and easily show where the sun is overhead at midday, exactly where on the other side of the planet, it is experiencing midnight. I like it! It is correct in globe form, Gleason just straightened out those curved meridian lines.

I have family in different countries overseas, (on the other side of the globe from me) so now with my pocket gleason's map, I can be well assured when I phone them, I'm not waking them up at 3am!  :D

Great as a timepiece but utterly useless as a travelling map. The gleason's map would have you believe cape york peninsula in the Northern tip of Australia, is only about 400km from Melbourne, when in reality, it is close to 4,000km. Slightly incorrect by only 3,600km, wouldn't you agree, plat tera?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1911 on: September 12, 2019, 10:51:29 PM »

Tell me some more lies.

There is no Globe, Jack!  So it's not possible for it to be Globe projection. As time passed your guys took original established maps of Flat Earther's and made a Globe from that. Gleason corrected it through extortion, mainly in the straightening out of the meridian lines allowing each to retain their original value from Greenwich. It was not correct in Globe form and couldn't be anyway because it's not a damn sphere.  Your forefathers were deceitful thieves and  hijacked the established the work of flat Earther's, and made it into a sphere. That's not something to be proud of and that’s where your maps come from.  And you're still being schooled.

Your zero evidence rant still doesn't change the fact that the Gleason map is simply an AE globe projection - A globe projection that had been kicking around centuries before Gleason came along.

You're actually embarrassing yourself to claim otherwise and ironically defending a globe map. 

Plat Terra

« Reply #1912 on: September 12, 2019, 10:55:05 PM »
The gleason's map would have you believe cape york peninsula in the Northern tip of Australia, is only about 400km from Melbourne, when in reality, it is close to 4,000km. Slightly incorrect by only 3,600km, wouldn't you agree, plat tera?

No. That's what you would have us believe, because your honor the map of theives.

Learn how to measure between points A and B (from the following video) and show us your telling the truth with your work.

Any Flat Earther shoud study this video. It's an incredible piece of work and shows the secrets of Gleason’s Flat Earth Map.

Plat Terra

« Reply #1913 on: September 12, 2019, 11:01:44 PM »

Tell me some more lies.

Your zero evidence rant still doesn't change the fact that the Gleason map is simply an AE globe projection - A globe projection that had been kicking around centuries before Gleason came along.

You're actually embarrassing yourself to claim otherwise and ironically defending a globe map.

There is no honor among thieves and those who defend them.

Flat Earth Maps existed long before your kind came along and stole our work. We don't believe your lies.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1914 on: September 12, 2019, 11:02:11 PM »
The gleason's map would have you believe cape york peninsula in the Northern tip of Australia, is only about 400km from Melbourne, when in reality, it is close to 4,000km. Slightly incorrect by only 3,600km, wouldn't you agree, plat tera?

No. That's what you would have us believe, because your honor the map of theives.

How old are you again? You sound a child amid a needless tantrum.

Learn how to measure between points A and B (from the following video) and show us your telling the truth with your work.

Any Flat Earther shoud study this video. It's an incredible piece of work and shows the secrets of Gleason’s Flat Earth Map.

If you want flat earthers to study this video, I agree, it would be valuable if they wanted to learn how to navigate on a globe.

You see the fellow in the video is using globe based coordinates on a globe projection map and thereby coming out with globe distances. It's really quite brilliant. You're now not only fighting for a globe map, but you're also fighting for the way to navigate a globe.

I thought you were a flat earther? Why are you so vehemently defending the globe?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1915 on: September 12, 2019, 11:03:54 PM »

Tell me some more lies.

There is no honor among thieves and those who defend them.

Flat Earth Maps existed long before your kind came along and stole our work. We don't believe your lies.

Those aren't maps. Try again.

Plat Terra

« Reply #1916 on: September 12, 2019, 11:21:26 PM »
It's amazing the Mason symbol actually represents a Flat Earth. That's one of the secrets found in the Gleason map. The thieves and their kind have been exposed.

Can you see it?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1917 on: September 12, 2019, 11:36:10 PM »
It's amazing the Mason symbol actually represents a Flat Earth. That's one of the secrets found in the Gleason map. The thieves and their kind have been exposed.

Can you see it?

So you're not only defending a globe map and the way to navigate a globe, but are now defending the Order of Freemasons as well? That's a real 180 from being a flat earther. Carry on, you're doing great in supporting the globe earth.

Macarios

« Reply #1918 on: September 12, 2019, 11:37:35 PM »

The same mechanism six months later shows sunlight inside the Antarctic Circle for 24 hours.
I don't have to fight about anything.
These things are not about me.
When one points facts out, they speak for themselves.
The main goal in all that is simplicity.

« Reply #1919 on: September 12, 2019, 11:40:58 PM »

Bud, you can disbelieve what I say, all you like. Doesn't change the truth.

Oh, and there's no freemasonry symbols in the gleason map. The freemasons do not believe the earth is flat.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 11:48:09 PM by Sunset »