When will RE Community Accept Defeat?

• 1981 Replies
Re: When will RE Community Accept Defeat?
« Reply #1590 on: September 04, 2019, 04:21:01 PM »
PS Apologies Shifter I should not have assumed you were a Flat earther my bad
To be fair, with the way that he argues, sometimes it's hard to tell what he believes.

"Shifter." It's the name he uses here. It's also his shtick.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1591 on: September 04, 2019, 04:21:08 PM »

How so, just as easily?

They look 3D but are really drawn on flat pieces of paper. Obviously these are amateurs. Just think what billions of dollars in funding and technology that the public has no idea exists could do.

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1592 on: September 04, 2019, 04:29:08 PM »

How so, just as easily?

They look 3D but are really drawn on flat pieces of paper. Obviously these are amateurs. Just think what billions of dollars in funding and technology that the public has no idea exists could do.

Are you saying that some entity(s) has spent billions of dollars and developed secret technology to hang a 3-D rendering of a 2-D moon up in space? And did so perhaps back when man first made notice of moon phases and such? And did so for what purpose?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1593 on: September 04, 2019, 04:51:07 PM »
Are you saying that some entity(s) has spent billions of dollars and developed secret technology to hang a 3-D rendering of a 2-D moon up in space? And did so perhaps back when man first made notice of moon phases and such? And did so for what purpose?

What am I answer man? Why Yes!  8)

Money is not really required. Its there to keep plebs in line. Do you really need money to make anything? How do you exchange paper with arbitrary numbers on it for physical technology? If a few extra zeros was added to my banks savings account, would the economy collapse? (I'd argue it would be stimulated because I could thus 'spend' it keeping people in the workforce).

Here is where my answers are just ad hoc trying to give a FE answer (aren't all FE answers ad hoc responses) ;)

The Earth does not rotate. The dome does. The moon is a projection from the dome. As are the stars.

Humanity was not the first race to evolve to the point where it became advanced enough to have technology. The race before us probably put the moon up there to light the way at night. Ask them why they wanted it in phases.

I admit these are pretty outrageous 'out there' answers. But prove me wrong  8)

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1594 on: September 04, 2019, 04:57:57 PM »

What am I answer man? Why Yes!  8)

Money is not really required. Its there to keep plebs in line. Do you really need money to make anything? How do you exchange paper with arbitrary numbers on it for physical technology? If a few extra zeros was added to my banks savings account, would the economy collapse? (I'd argue it would be stimulated because I could thus 'spend' it keeping people in the workforce).

Here is where my answers are just ad hoc trying to give a FE answer (aren't all FE answers ad hoc responses) ;)

The Earth does not rotate. The dome does. The moon is a projection from the dome. As are the stars.

Humanity was not the first race to evolve to the point where it became advanced enough to have technology. The race before us probably put the moon up there to light the way at night. Ask them why they wanted it in phases.

When you get them to add a few zeros to your bank account make sure they do the same to mine in kind.

As for why they coded in the phases, obviously just to mess with our small little minds, for shits and giggles, if you will. And I'm totally ok with that as long as they fatten up our bank accounts...

« Reply #1595 on: September 04, 2019, 05:31:35 PM »
Last year I learned that Earth may not be a sphere but a Plane.  After a lot of denial and research proving to myself the truth of Earths shape being a plane, I had no choice but to accept defeat. After having my mind open to reality, I wanted to know more about this new world.  And guess what?  I also learned the Moon is not a sphere through experimentation and observation of eclipses. After this, I relearn about “tides”. Oh, my, what a complicated subject with a lot of history, but there’s not enough time here for that. But you  can have a look at some experiments you can do to help you understand the moon is not a sphere.  Earth is not a sphere so why should the moon be one?

This is a very interesting video. Please watch it all.

LUNAR ECLIPSE 2018 | 100% PROOF | MOON NOT A SPHERE | SHADOW IS THE SMOKING GUN| FLAT EARTH

It's always fascinating to learn more about the radicalisation process you have undergone, plat tera. YouTube is your guru.

Masta pasta is no doubt, a talented artist. But it is clear, the other areas of his brain used by most people for common sense, and used by those in the science fields, is not actively functioning.

Every argument he presents for the moon not being a sphere, is demonstrated using apple and orange sized balls in his art studio, in close proximity from one another, under the light from his bedside lamp.

At no time does he utilise a scale model of the earth moon system, complete with to scale distances from one another. If he did, with using a powerful enough spotlight, to mimick the sun, he would discover it matches up with what is seen, during a lunar eclipse, perfectly.

He also doesn't seem able to comprehend, a total lunar eclipse is the entire moon passing through the Earth's umbral shadow. The Earth is four times larger than the moon. Yet, he uses the shadow of a smaller ball passing closely over a larger ball to demonstrate his point. He doesn't seem to know the difference between a solar eclipse and lunar eclipse. We can see the shadow of earth on the moon during a lunar eclipse, but during a solar eclipse we are experiencing the shadow of the moon on earth's surface, so we can't see the shape of the shadow.

Masta pasta shouldn't give up his day job and apply to work in a local observatory, or for space x, anytime soon. He should stick to what he's good at - being an artist.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1596 on: September 04, 2019, 05:39:33 PM »
Sorry, but it doesn't work that way.  If you want to make outrageous claims, then you had better be ready to support them with some pretty compelling evidence. 
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Plat Terra

• I am a Neutral Flat Earther
« Reply #1597 on: September 04, 2019, 05:53:03 PM »
Last year I learned that Earth may not be a sphere but a Plane.  After a lot of denial and research proving to myself the truth of Earths shape being a plane, I had no choice but to accept defeat. After having my mind open to reality, I wanted to know more about this new world.  And guess what?  I also learned the Moon is not a sphere through experimentation and observation of eclipses. After this, I relearn about “tides”. Oh, my, what a complicated subject with a lot of history, but there’s not enough time here for that. But you  can have a look at some experiments you can do to help you understand the moon is not a sphere.  Earth is not a sphere so why should the moon be one?

LUNAR ECLIPSE 2018 | 100% PROOF | MOON NOT A SPHERE | SHADOW IS THE SMOKING GUN| FLAT EARTH

It's always fascinating to learn more about the radicalisation process you have undergone, plat tera. YouTube is your guru.

Masta pasta is no doubt, a talented artist. But it is clear, the other areas of his brain used by most people for common sense, and used by those in the science fields, is not actively functioning.

Every argument he presents for the moon not being a sphere, is demonstrated using apple and orange sized balls in his art studio, in close proximity from one another, under the light from his bedside lamp.

At no time does he utilise a scale model of the earth moon system, complete with to scale distances from one another. If he did, with using a powerful enough spotlight, to mimick the sun, he would discover it matches up with what is seen, during a lunar eclipse, perfectly.

He also doesn't seem able to comprehend, a total lunar eclipse is the entire moon passing through the Earth's umbral shadow. The Earth is four times larger than the moon. Yet, he uses the shadow of a smaller ball passing closely over a larger ball to demonstrate his point. He doesn't seem to know the difference between a solar eclipse and lunar eclipse. We can see the shadow of earth on the moon during a lunar eclipse, but during a solar eclipse we are experiencing the shadow of the moon on earth's surface, so we can't see the shape of the shadow.

Masta pasta shouldn't give up his day job and apply to work in a local observatory, or for space x, anytime soon. He should stick to what he's good at - being an artist.

I expect the opposition to rail and fight against the truth. That’s your goal and positive attracts the negative, but we both know you need to learn the facts instead of rejecting them for some fantasy.

You mean you didn’t know the following?

The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1598 on: September 04, 2019, 06:00:01 PM »
Sorry, but it doesn't work that way.  If you want to make outrageous claims, then you had better be ready to support them with some pretty compelling evidence.

Ah, but if you are going to say that's wrong and leave it at that, you should be able to support your claims and prove it wrong

The claim is made. You choose to say its a load of shit. OK. Prove to me a race of advanced shape shifting lizards wasn't here before mankind and put the moon up there. No Evidence you say? Prove there is no conspiracy that keeps it buried.

Otherwise, the claim stays  8) Forever out there, never debunked.

Know your place

EvolvedMantisShrimp

• Physical Comedian
« Reply #1599 on: September 04, 2019, 06:10:31 PM »

Um... what? I think Eric Dubay might have been high on something. Every Lunar Eclipse that has ever occurred has been during a Full Moon; which means the Sun and the Moon could not possibly be in the sky at the same time.
Nullius in Verba

Gumwars

• A poke in your eye good sir...
« Reply #1600 on: September 04, 2019, 06:29:11 PM »
I expect the opposition to rail and fight against the truth.

Except what you're spouting isn't the truth.  It is easily falsifiable and has been throughout this entire thread.  You haven't advanced a single argument beyond that of pure conjecture.  Nothing you've stated can be verified; the only "evidence" you've provided has been conspiratard YouTube videos.  In fact, you haven't even forwarded an original idea of your own - you've been blindly defending other ignorant fools' ideas!!

That’s your goal and positive attracts the negative, but we both know you need to learn the facts instead of rejecting them for some fantasy.

You wouldn't know a fact even if it hit you full broadside.  Here's some facts for you:

The existence and appearance of the polar stars prove the Earth isn't flat.
Sunrise and sunset prove the Earth isn't flat.
A horizon that presents a distinct difference between the sky/land or sky/sea prove the Earth isn't flat.
The curvature of the Earth is VISIBLE to anyone with binoculars at the Ponchartrain Causeway in Southern Louisiana
The curvature of the Earth is VISIBLE to anyone with binoculars at Long Beach, CA

Plat Terra, stop with the crap.  Stop with the mindless links to ridiculous YouTube channels, and stop with the endless regurgitation of nonsense that clearly you have little comprehension of.  You keep bringing this crap up like it means something and you flatly ignore, without even trying to address, any argument or support that conflicts with your pathetically narrow worldview.

And as turnabout is fair play, here's a great video for you to watch:

Quote from: Carl Sagan
We should endeavor to always keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1601 on: September 04, 2019, 06:30:12 PM »

Favorite quote from Masta Pasta's own introduction: "For as long as I can remember I have had an above-average ability to imagine details of objects phases or events in great detail."

Masta Pasta might also want to clean up and perhaps sanitize his bedroom/laboratory in the basement:

« Reply #1602 on: September 04, 2019, 06:47:38 PM »

I expect the opposition to rail and fight against the truth. That’s your goal and positive attracts the negative, but we both know you need to learn the facts instead of rejecting them for some fantasy.

I'm rallying against your radicalisation. It's a tough gig! You're fully immersed in a flight of fancy. I have no doubt you would also believe in chemtrails as opposed to contrails.

Eric dumbo dubay wouldn't know if his ass were on fire, let alone actual facts regarding lunar eclipses. I took the time, long ago, to create a scaled model of the earth and moon at correct relative distance from one another. I'll bet the same can't be said of you?

Life is all about values, plat tera. If you value being fanciful over common sense and rational, that choice will bite you on your backside one day.

I'm an artist in my spare time, but I don't let that side of me overpower my reasoning side. There's a theory that people tend to be either left brain or right brain dominant with the left controlling the analytical and objective, and the right side the intuitive, creative, and emotional. If there were any truth to it, masta pasta and yourself would likely be exclusively right brain dominant.

Oh, and for your info and protest, moonlight is not a cold light that will cool you down after a hot day in the sun. Do you really think if you stick your ice cube trays with fresh water in, out under the rays of a full moon on a hot summer's night, you'll have ice cubes in the morning? Masta pasta has breathed a lot of paint and paint thinner chemicals in his time, I'd say.

Macarios

« Reply #1603 on: September 04, 2019, 08:12:36 PM »

How so, just as easily?

Ok, now position two more observers, one three feet to the left, another three feet to the right.

Tell yourself if they all will see the same thing. :)
I don't have to fight about anything.
These things are not about me.
When one points facts out, they speak for themselves.
The main goal in all that is simplicity.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1604 on: September 04, 2019, 08:22:34 PM »

How so, just as easily?

Ok, now position two more observers, one three feet to the left, another three feet to the right.

They wont. But in reality the Moon is much further and larger than the scale you propose. In fact, what you are trying to entrap me with fits into the graphic JackBlack showed. That you see a tad more one way, a tad more the other way depending on your position relative to the object. A simple convex shape would do the trick

Know your place

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1605 on: September 04, 2019, 08:35:10 PM »

And Flatties mock RET with ignorance.  Selenelion has a perfectly reasonable RE explanation, if you could be bothered to do a little research. ::)
http://worldreality.yolasite.com/selenelion--the-impossible-eclipse.php
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Macarios

« Reply #1606 on: September 04, 2019, 08:53:23 PM »

How so, just as easily?

They wont. But in reality the Moon is much further and larger than the scale you propose. In fact, what you are trying to entrap me with fits into the graphic JackBlack showed. That you see a tad more one way, a tad more the other way depending on your position relative to the object. A simple convex shape would do the trick

Moon is 384 000 km away.
The shape you mention has to be 3474.2 kilometers across.
Is there a shape other than spherical that would do the trick?
I don't have to fight about anything.
These things are not about me.
When one points facts out, they speak for themselves.
The main goal in all that is simplicity.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1607 on: September 04, 2019, 08:58:42 PM »
Moon is 384 000 km away.

As I said, A convex shape. Like this bracket... (  :)

Know your place

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #1608 on: September 04, 2019, 09:45:05 PM »
We can see parts of the moon's far side from earth thanks to lunar libration. In total 59% of the moon's surface can be seen from earth.
You must gather your party before venturing forth

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #1609 on: September 04, 2019, 09:53:53 PM »
Moon is 384 000 km away.

What shape looks round from all directions ????

Rotating Moon from LRO

mak3m

« Reply #1610 on: September 04, 2019, 09:59:14 PM »

Pick an FE model any of them.

And demonstrate how your theories work without contradicting or disproving themselves.

Your memes are generally disingenuous and designed to exploit supposed anomaly in RE thinking, by knowingly ignoring scale or some other demonstrable physical property.

If I am wrong, prove me wrong. I dont believe you have shown any particular preference to an FE model. Which allows you to mud sling at will

Troll?
You have to learn to reply without quoting a long previous answer.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1611 on: September 04, 2019, 10:01:25 PM »
Moon is 384 000 km away.

Rotating Moon from LRO

From our vantage point we dont see all directions do we

Know your place

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #1612 on: September 04, 2019, 10:12:49 PM »
Moon is 384 000 km away.

Rotating Moon from LRO

No but the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter can. And, before you ask, it is "CGI" constructed from images returned by the LRO.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1613 on: September 04, 2019, 10:13:53 PM »
Moon is 384 000 km away.

Rotating Moon from LRO

No but the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter can. And, before you ask, it is "CGI" constructed from images returned by the LRO.

So it's.... CGI

Rightio  ::)

Know your place

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #1614 on: September 04, 2019, 10:22:12 PM »

Pick an FE model any of them.

And demonstrate how your theories work without contradicting or disproving themselves.

Your memes are generally disingenuous and designed to exploit supposed anomaly in RE thinking, by knowingly ignoring scale or some other demonstrable physical property.

If I am wrong, prove me wrong. I dont believe you have shown any particular preference to an FE model. Which allows you to mud sling at will

Troll?

Apparently Plat thinks the moon is a concave disk facing down,  there are a few posts about this in this thread.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1615 on: September 04, 2019, 10:27:39 PM »
Moon is 384 000 km away.

Rotating Moon from LRO

From all directions

Have you personally seen the other side of the face of the moon? Or do you just accept what you are told?

Know your place

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #1616 on: September 04, 2019, 10:31:18 PM »
Moon is 384 000 km away.

Rotating Moon from LRO

From all directions

Have you personally seen the other side of the face of the moon? Or do you just accept what you are told?

nevermind, I missunderstood what you were saying. i deleted my post

« Reply #1617 on: September 04, 2019, 10:31:47 PM »
hvae you personally seen your heart or brain?
or you accept that there's one in there?

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #1618 on: September 04, 2019, 10:36:01 PM »
Moon is 384 000 km away.

Rotating Moon from LRO

From all directions

How does the convex disk theory explain lunar libration anyway?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1619 on: September 04, 2019, 10:37:36 PM »
hvae you personally seen your heart or brain?
or you accept that there's one in there?

That's a ridiculous comparison to make. Trust a baller to come up with that one  ::)

Know your place