When will RE Community Accept Defeat?

• 1981 Replies

JackBlack

Re: When will RE Community Accept Defeat?
« Reply #1560 on: September 03, 2019, 02:32:31 AM »
And yet another massive topic jump due to your failure with the previous topic.

Again, with all this running away being done by you, why should any FEer accept defeat?

If your making a 360° turn over the Earth at 560 MPH and with the Earth at more than 1,000 MPH, you damn sure would feel it.
And another baseless assertion from you.
Making a 360° turn over a day is not going to be significant.
If you bother doing the math, you find the acceleration you would feel at the equator amounts to roughly 0.3% of gravity. Ignoring that and just focusing on the rotation of the much slower plane will be even less.
It is quite small. Easily detectable by instruments, which have measured the variation in gravity around the globe, but not detectable by humans without instruments.

So yet another failure from the FEers.

If you wish to claim such garbage as it would be felt, feel free to prove it, and no, spinning a tiny object at a very high angular velocity does not prove it, the acceleration is dependent upon a combination of at least 2 of angular velocity, tangential velocity and radius.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1561 on: September 03, 2019, 06:46:50 AM »
If your making a 360° turn over the Earth at 560 MPH and with the Earth at more than 1,000 MPH, you damn sure would feel it.
What's the radius of that turn?  If it's a 1 mile radius, then you would certainly feel it.  If it's a 100 mile radius, then not so much.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 06:48:28 AM by markjo »
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #1562 on: September 03, 2019, 06:59:46 AM »
What's the radius of that turn?  If it's a 1 mile radius, then you would certainly feel it.  If it's a 100 mile radius, then not so much.

To to forget - you and the earth are traveling at 1,000mph.
Buy a train/ subway ticket.
Walk around.

Sorry but whos traveling at 560mph?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1563 on: September 03, 2019, 02:23:14 PM »

You dont like Sri Lanka,  your opinion, still doesn't deflect from the fact you misplaced your sarcasm by failing to know who Arrthur C Ckarke was.

Of course I know who Arthur C Clarke is. He is behind some of the most famous sci fi novels and that snooze fest of a movie 2001 Space Odessy. He was also someone who was supposedly happy spending the majority of his years in an impoverished shit hole ravaged by a decades long civil war. Does that last part make sense to you? NO. Given his celebrity status he could have chosen to live anywhere. He didn't need to live in a 3rd world mess of a country to afford to be waited on hand/feet by teenage sexual slaves.

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

mak3m

« Reply #1564 on: September 03, 2019, 02:45:33 PM »

You dont like Sri Lanka,  your opinion, still doesn't deflect from the fact you misplaced your sarcasm by failing to know who Arrthur C Ckarke was.

Of course I know who Arthur C Clarke is. He is behind some of the most famous sci fi novels and that snooze fest of a movie 2001 Space Odessy. He was also someone who was supposedly happy spending the majority of his years in an impoverished shit hole ravaged by a decades long civil war. Does that last part make sense to you? NO. Given his celebrity status he could have chosen to live anywhere. He didn't need to live in a 3rd world mess of a country to afford to be waited on hand/feet by teenage sexual slaves.

Yet in your post you were suggesting he was only a sci fi writer

He lived in a pretty nice house, in a walled compound in a beautiful country, which in terms of poverty index performs well amongst asian countries, including the country with the 5th largest economy in the world. Did you read my links?

There was a civil war but it was geographically limited, and included long periods of inactivity.

He was accused and cleared of sexual impropriety with minors, no charges.
You have to learn to reply without quoting a long previous answer.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1565 on: September 03, 2019, 02:54:57 PM »

He lived in a pretty nice house, in a walled compound in a beautiful country, which in terms of poverty index performs well amongst asian countries, including the country with the 5th largest economy in the world. Did you read my links?

There was a civil war but it was geographically limited, and included long periods of inactivity.

Either Arthur was put in Sri Lanka as a means to keep him quiet or he was a dirty old pedophile. Or maybe even both. It is what cashed up old men like to do when they move to an Asian country. The biggest people sex trafficking occur in these poorer countries. Quite despicable of him I gotta say.

Just because he was cleared of charges does not mean he was innocent. Look at the wealth he would have commanded compared to the average Sri Lankan. Celebrities often get away with this behaviour because of their money or celebrity status. Some impoverished kid no one has heard about has no chance. Also, given how much money he had, as long as he paid these children well some of them may not have minded servicing him given the lack of opportunities and money in that country

If Sri Lanka is so fantastic why do people risk their lives trying to flee it? Currently Australia has intercepted many boats filled with Sri Lanka people risking their lives trying to get here even though the war is over. It clearly is not that nice of a place.

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

EvolvedMantisShrimp

• Physical Comedian
« Reply #1566 on: September 03, 2019, 03:21:29 PM »
If you're flying from east-to-west on a hypothetical flat Earth as opposed to a nearly spherical Earth, you are only replacing one curved trajectory for another. Some say that if the Earth were round, you would feel the aircraft curve downward. But if that were true and the Earth were flat instead, wouldn't you feel the plane curve northward?
Nullius in Verba

mak3m

« Reply #1567 on: September 03, 2019, 03:49:00 PM »

Lonely Planets top holiday destination for 2019  ???

we are only discussing Arthur C Clarke as an FE claimed him as a historian and took a quote out of context to support FE, and you made a comment that he was just a sci fi writer.

Strange that FE quote a science writer who wrote the first calculations for a geostationary orbit.

The rest of it is our personal opinions of Sri Lanka, lets hypothesise that you conclusively prove to me that its a shit hole. I concede the point and Sri Lanka being a shit hole disproves the globe, not likely.

You made a disingenuous quote

Either Arthur was put in Sri Lanka as a means to keep him quiet or he was a dirty old pedophile. Or maybe even both. It is what cashed up old men like to do when they move to an Asian country. The biggest people sex trafficking occur in these poorer countries. Quite despicable of him I gotta say.

Just because he was cleared of charges does not mean he was innocent. Look at the wealth he would have commanded compared to the average Sri Lankan. Celebrities often get away with this behaviour because of their money or celebrity status. Some impoverished kid no one has heard about has no chance. Also, given how much money he had, as long as he paid these children well some of them may not have minded servicing him given the lack of opportunities and money in that country

If Sri Lanka is so fantastic why do people risk their lives trying to flee it? Currently Australia has intercepted many boats filled with Sri Lanka people risking their lives trying to get here even though the war is over. It clearly is not that nice of a place.

we are only discussing Arthur C Clarke as an FE claimed him as a historian and took a quote out of context to support FE, and you made a comment that he was just a sci fi writer.

Strange that FE quote a science writer who wrote the first calculations for a geostationary orbit!

The rest of it is our personal opinions of Sri Lanka, lets hypothesise that you conclusively prove to me that its a shit hole. I concede the point and Sri Lanka being a shit hole disproves the globe, not likely.

Lets agree to disagree, I enjoyed the 2001 series but im not wedded to Clarke

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1568 on: September 03, 2019, 04:01:25 PM »

Strange that FE quote a science writer who wrote the first calculations for a geostationary orbit!

Lets agree to disagree, I enjoyed the 2001 series but im not wedded to Clarke

I am not a flat earther - I simply say that Arthur's fictional work should not be accepted as scientific mainstream. I also do not think he deserves so much praise or a knighthood given his questionable and shady character.

He was quoted as saying

"Once they (boys) have reached the age of puberty it is O.K. ... it doesn't do any harm."

He also said that the harm comes from the hysterical parents. What an arsehole.

No, Arthur's shady character doesn't have any bearing on the shape of the earth or nature of the universe. But his works, writings and place in history should be scrubbed.

Know your place

Macarios

« Reply #1569 on: September 03, 2019, 04:07:52 PM »
In school I did a lot of homework and assignments. Can I call myself a science writer because some of it would have been in the field of science? I used to write short stories too. I've done skydiving and I like to predict what teh future holds too. You dont see me getting knighted by the Queen.

Publish it and see what happens.
If it is good it will do the job.
I don't have to fight about anything.
These things are not about me.
When one points facts out, they speak for themselves.
The main goal in all that is simplicity.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1570 on: September 03, 2019, 04:10:55 PM »

It's really hard to tell and call me crazy, but I'm beginning to think you're not really a fan of Arthur C. Clarke or Sri Lanka.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1571 on: September 03, 2019, 04:14:12 PM »

It's really hard to tell and call me crazy, but I'm beginning to think you're not really a fan of Arthur C. Clarke or Sri Lanka.

Not a fan of pedophiles, no. I would think most people wouldn't be to be honest.

Know your place

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #1572 on: September 03, 2019, 04:17:12 PM »
I agree and those fleeing are mainly Tamils who have been badly treated by India and gradually driven down the peninsular and finally into Sri Lanka where they are still badly treated.

So, I think that the Tamils from Sri are genuine political refugees who should be allowed to stay!
From what I can gather the Tamils are, in the main, a peace-loving people though I wouldn't like to face the Tamil Tigers!

But I fail to see what this has to do with "When will RE Community Accept Defeat?"

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1573 on: September 03, 2019, 04:22:32 PM »
I agree and those fleeing are mainly Tamils who have been badly treated by India and gradually driven down the peninsular and finally into Sri Lanka where they are still badly treated.

So, I think that the Tamils from Sri are genuine political refugees who should be allowed to stay!
From what I can gather the Tamils are, in the main, a peace-loving people though I wouldn't like to face the Tamil Tigers!

But I fail to see what this has to do with "When will RE Community Accept Defeat?"

Neither do I so why were you rabbing on about it?

Know your place

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #1574 on: September 03, 2019, 04:32:10 PM »
Replying to you.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1575 on: September 03, 2019, 04:35:36 PM »
Replying to you.

My post regarding the credibility of Arthur C Clarke both in why he would live in a shithole and the nature of his character given he is revered by the globe earth community is perfectly valid. Your opinion on Tamils is completely irrelevant.

Know your place

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1576 on: September 03, 2019, 04:48:51 PM »

Not a fan of pedophiles, no. I would think most people wouldn't be to be honest.

That's a ridiculous thing to write in defense of your statements. You have no more knowledge as to whether he was one or not than the next random person on a message board.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1577 on: September 03, 2019, 04:54:02 PM »
That's a ridiculous thing to write in defense of your statements. You have no more knowledge as to whether he was one or not than the next random person on a message board.

Well Michael Jackson is dead and not in a position to defend any allegation but the world has handed down its verdict based on the accounts of 2 alleged victims

I quoted Arthurs own words. Rehardless of whether he acted on it doesn't matter (although hideous if he did). His very comments were a disgrace. And to allege the harm is done by 'hysterical parents'?

if Arthur has victims they would have been poor Sri Lankans that none of the world would give a damn about. Therefore, like most old rich men, they go to these countries to fulfill their desires with impunity.

Know your place

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1578 on: September 03, 2019, 04:55:11 PM »
I am not a flat earther - I simply say that Arthur's fictional work should not be accepted as scientific mainstream.
Clarke's proposal for geostationary communication satellites was published in the October 1945 issue of Wireless World magazine.  Read it for yourself and then decide if it's a work of fiction or not:
https://web.archive.org/web/20090318000548/http://www.clarkefoundation.org/docs/ClarkeWirelessWorldArticle.pdf

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1579 on: September 03, 2019, 05:12:33 PM »

Well Michael Jackson is dead and not in a position to defend any allegation but the world has handed down its verdict based on the accounts of 2 alleged victims

I quoted Arthurs own words. Rehardless of whether he acted on it doesn't matter (although hideous if he did). His very comments were a disgrace. And to allege the harm is done by 'hysterical parents'?

if Arthur has victims they would have been poor Sri Lankans that none of the world would give a damn about. Therefore, like most old rich men, they go to these countries to fulfill their desires with impunity.

I guess we should just leave it as you need to add "Judge & Jury" next to ASI in your tagline and get back to RE accepting defeat.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1580 on: September 03, 2019, 05:23:34 PM »

I guess we should just leave it as you need to add "Judge & Jury" next to ASI in your tagline and get back to RE accepting defeat.

I dont need the ASI to have an opinion.  :)

As for RE accepting defeat - wont happen until we come across the data that opens up the as yet unseen parts of the universe. For the moment we can say

"For all intents and purposes the RE model works" But once mankind reaches the point of the singularity era and we become transhumans to eventually complete AI ie no biological components allowing us the freedom to do away with time as we know it and travel and spread throughout the cosmos, RE will still insist that our 3D way of doing things is all the way we can do things.

Know your place

mak3m

« Reply #1581 on: September 04, 2019, 03:24:39 AM »
Lol is this still going

FE Historian Arthur C Clarke supports us...

RE No he doesn't

Shifter Arthur C Clarke is a sci fi writer

RE Hang on he was more than that

Shifter you cant quote Arthur C Clarke hes a pedophile and I am not a fan of Sri Lanka generally

Moving on

PS Apologies Shifter I should not have assumed you were a Flat earther my bad

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1582 on: September 04, 2019, 09:24:18 AM »
PS Apologies Shifter I should not have assumed you were a Flat earther my bad
To be fair, with the way that he argues, sometimes it's hard to tell what he believes.

Plat Terra

• I am a Neutral Flat Earther
« Reply #1583 on: September 04, 2019, 03:00:19 PM »
Last year I learned that Earth may not be a sphere but a Plane.  After a lot of denial and research proving to myself the truth of Earths shape being a plane, I had no choice but to accept defeat. After having my mind open to reality, I wanted to know more about this new world.  And guess what?  I also learned the Moon is not a sphere through experimentation and observation of eclipses. After this, I relearn about “tides”. Oh, my, what a complicated subject with a lot of history, but there’s not enough time here for that. But you  can have a look at some experiments you can do to help you understand the moon is not a sphere.  Earth is not a sphere so why should the moon be one?

This is a very interesting video. Please watch it all.

LUNAR ECLIPSE 2018 | 100% PROOF | MOON NOT A SPHERE | SHADOW IS THE SMOKING GUN| FLAT EARTH
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 03:03:03 PM by Plat Terra »
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

Gumwars

• A poke in your eye good sir...
« Reply #1584 on: September 04, 2019, 03:20:06 PM »
Last year I learned that Earth may not be a sphere but a Plane. 

Where did you "learn" this?  YouTube?  Some bizarre fringe of the interwebs?  Dude, come on man, you didn't learn anything.  You connected a bunch of random dots that some other conspiracy nut strung together and convinced yourself that it made sense.  A sunrise ALONE is proof that the world isn't flat.

After a lot of denial and research proving to myself the truth of Earths shape being a plane, I had no choice but to accept defeat.

Color me unconvinced that you A.) did any research and B.) went through any sort of denial phase.

After having my mind open to reality, I wanted to know more about this new world.  And guess what?  I also learned the Moon is not a sphere through experimentation and observation of eclipses.

The phases of the moon, among other things, are proof of its shape and guess what, it ain't flat either.

After this, I relearn about “tides”. Oh, my, what a complicated subject with a lot of history, but there’s not enough time here for that.

Of course there is.  Please explain.

But you  can have a look at some experiments you can do to help you understand the moon is not a sphere.  Earth is not a sphere so why should the moon be one?

What experiments?  What's the name of the science journal where can I find any research papers discussing this?  Anything??
Quote from: Carl Sagan
We should endeavor to always keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out.

mak3m

« Reply #1585 on: September 04, 2019, 03:21:08 PM »
So it's too complicated for you to explain to us, and Bob Ross said water is always level.

That's quite compelling

JackBlack

« Reply #1586 on: September 04, 2019, 03:44:00 PM »
After a lot of denial and research proving to myself the truth of Earths shape being a plane
Yet so far all you have managed to replicate here is denial.
You are yet to present a single thing which indicates Earth is a plane or that Earth is not round.
As all the available evidence indicates Earth is round I have no choice but to accept that Earth is round and reject FE as delusional fantasy.

A 22 minute that starts with pure crap? No thanks.
Why don't you try providing this proof in text with a few images. I highly doubt a video is needed.

This gif indicates the moon is almost certainly spherical:

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1587 on: September 04, 2019, 03:47:53 PM »
After a lot of denial and research proving to myself the truth of Earths shape being a plane
You are yet to present a single thing which indicates Earth is a plane or that Earth is not round.
As all the available evidence indicates Earth is round I have no choice but to accept that Earth is round and reject FE as delusional fantasy.

Why don't you try providing this proof in text with a few images. I highly doubt a video is needed.

It renders okay on a flat 2D monitor....

Could just as easily be an optical illusion caused by shadings and movement

Know your place

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1588 on: September 04, 2019, 03:54:00 PM »

It renders okay on a flat 2D monitor....

How so, just as easily?

JackBlack

« Reply #1589 on: September 04, 2019, 04:14:08 PM »
No, it couldn't.
While the moon's shadow is a key part the part I was actually focusing on is how you can see different sections of it.
As the moon appears to wobble, you see a different part of the surface, yet the view remains as a circle.
You CANNOT do that with a flat disc.