When will RE Community Accept Defeat?

• 1981 Replies

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
Re: When will RE Community Accept Defeat?
« Reply #1530 on: September 02, 2019, 03:13:32 PM »
A few complained cikljamas posted this in "HAPPY HOAX ANNIVERSARY!!! (Rockets can't fly in a vacuum)"
I see it's great for here.
I don't think so ::)! But thanks for posting all this this that supports a spherical shaped earth and Robert Sungenis wrote Flat Earth/Flat Wrong[/i]

Quote from: Plat Terra
This will help the Globe Community understand why they have no choice but to accept defeat.
Why would that "help the Globe Community understand why they have no choice but to accept defeat"?
Cikljamas used to believe that the earth was flat but did his own measurements and convinced himself that the ear was a Globe!

Posted by cikljamas
Let me amuse you some more :

The Big Bang Has Big Problems
That has not the slightest connection with the shape of the earth or even the Heliocentric Solar System vs. Geocentric Universe questions.

The "Big Bang" is only a hypothesis of what might have happened 13.8 billion years ago and no connecting to the earth and solar system we observe here and now!

None of the writings of Robert Sungenis will help you in the slightest. He is very opposed to the idea of a flat earth! Read this:
Quote from: Wikipedia
Robert A. Sungenis (born ca. 1955) is an American Traditionalist Catholic known for his Catholic apologetics and his advocacy of a pseudoscientific belief that the Earth is the center of the universe.

And Robert Sungenis is vehemently opposed to the flat earth, writing documents like this: The Flat Earth Frenzy: Unscientific and Unbiblical

Robert Sungenis was also the "creator, executive producer and actor in The Principle movie, and now author of the new book, Flat Earth/Flat Wrong".
Maybe you could buy a copy and read what, your hero ;),  Robert Sungenis has to say about this "Flat Earth | Flat Wrong" idea of yours!
Flat Earth | Flat Wrong:
An Historical, Biblical and Scientific Analysis is the latest of Robert Sungenis’ intriguing works. Sparked by the recent and ongoing controversy in social media on whether the Earth is flat and covered by a dome, or is a spherical body surrounded by the vastness of space, Robert was commissioned by the Kolbe Center to write this book and show why, historically, biblically and scientifically, the globe Earth is the true reality. It is by far the most detailed and comprehensive exposé on the flat Earth theory ever written from the critical side of the debate.

The proponents of this convenient manipulation of data seem oblivious to their ploys. But George Ellis is not ashamed to admit that the whole thing is based on wishing or presuming that the Copernican Principle is true:
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
That has no relevance to the shape of the earth.

As  the  famous  20th-century  historian  Arthur C. Clarke once said: 

“The lesson to be learned from these examples is one that can never be repeated too often, and is one that is seldom understood by laymen – who have an almost superstitious awe of mathematics. But mathematics is only a tool, though an immensely powerful one. No equations, however impressive and complex, can arrive at the truth if the initial assumptions are incorrect. It is really quite amazing by what margins competent but conservative scientists and engineers can miss the mark, when they start with the preconceived idea that what they are investigating is impossible. When this happens, the most well-informed men become blinded by their prejudices and are unable to see what lies directly ahead of them. What is even more incredible, they refuse to learn from experience; they will continue to make the same mistake over and over again. Some of my best friends are astronomers, and I am sorry to keep throwing stones at them – but they do seem to have an appalling record as prophets.”
----------------
The "the famous 20th-century historian Arthur C. Clarke" is also the writer of the story-line of "2001, A Space Odessy" and probably the originator of the idea of communication satellites.

And you quote Arthur C. Clarke's writing in support of the flat earth ("Flat Earth/Flat Wrong" according to Robert Sungenis)? What a joke!

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1531 on: September 02, 2019, 04:16:35 PM »
And you quote Arthur C. Clarke's writing in support of the flat earth ("Flat Earth/Flat Wrong" according to Robert Sungenis)? What a joke!

Hate to break it to you rab but Arthur C Clark was a fiction writer. FICTION! I assume you know what that means?

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

mak3m

« Reply #1532 on: September 02, 2019, 04:30:05 PM »

Hate to break it to you rab but Arthur C Clark was a fiction writer. FICTION! I assume you know what that means?

Was he a historian?

As well as a scifi writer he was also a talented space writer, wrote many technical papers and essays and popularised the concept of geostationary satellites and calculated their orbit, which is often referred to as the clarke orbit or belt.
You have to learn to reply without quoting a long previous answer.

Plat Terra

• I am a Neutral Flat Earther
« Reply #1533 on: September 02, 2019, 04:32:19 PM »
If your making a 360° turn over the Earth at 560 MPH and with the Earth at more than 1,000 MPH, you damn sure would feel it.

Don't trust them centrificaful force can be felt.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 04:37:23 PM by Plat Terra »
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1534 on: September 02, 2019, 04:34:38 PM »

Was he a historian?

As well as a scifi writer he was also a talented space writer, wrote many technical papers and essays and popularised the concept of geostationary satellites and calculated their orbit, which is often referred to as the clarke orbit or belt.

I have seen 2001 Space Odessy. What a snooze fest. If this is considered a masterpiece than I dont think he's very good

And despite everyone saying how smart he was, not a single 'idea' of his was patented. I guess he didn't mind not getting the billions of dollars he could have got had his ideas ever been workable.

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

mak3m

« Reply #1535 on: September 02, 2019, 04:45:55 PM »

Was he a historian?

I have seen 2001 Space Odessy. What a snooze fest. If this is considered a masterpiece than I dont think he's very good

And despite everyone saying how smart he was, not a single 'idea' of his was patented. I guess he didn't mind not getting the billions of dollars he could have got had his ideas ever been workable.

But that does not change my statement he was much more than a scifi writer, i dont really care if you like his fiction or not. He was not a historian, and im pretty sure he wasn't a flat earther.

He did ok, nice pad in Sri Lanka waited on hand and foot.

He didn't invent the concept, he popularised it, what he did do was work out the orbital mechanics, has anyone patented any other region of space and derived a profit from it?

mak3m

« Reply #1536 on: September 02, 2019, 04:50:36 PM »
If your making a 360° turn over the Earth at 560 MPH and with the Earth at more than 1,000 MPH, you damn sure would feel it.

Google centrifugal force

Next time you are on a plane or even in a car travelling at a constant speed, throw a ball straight up in the air and record where it lands. When you get off plane/out of car repeat the throw and record where it lands and see if you can draw any conclusions.

You cannot feel velocity only a change in rate of velocity.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #1537 on: September 02, 2019, 04:55:39 PM »

You were never good at math were you?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Plat Terra

« Reply #1538 on: September 02, 2019, 05:05:10 PM »

Google centrifugal force

Next time you are on a plane or even in a car travelling at a constant speed, throw a ball straight up in the air and record where it lands. When you get off plane/out of car repeat the throw and record where it lands and see if you can draw any conclusions.

If your flying over a Globe Earth, you're making a 360° turn over the Earth at 560 MPH. You would be able to feel that, you nor anyone else can prove otherwise. But if you're flying level it would be as you expressed because Earth is a Plane.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 05:07:26 PM by Plat Terra »
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

mak3m

« Reply #1539 on: September 02, 2019, 05:11:42 PM »

Google centrifugal force

If your flying over a Globe Earth, you're making a 360° turn over the Earth at 560 MPH. You would be able to feel that, you nor anyone else can prove otherwise. But if you're flying level it would be as you expressed because Earth is a Plane.

Feel free to demonstrate the mechanism where you feel velocity when flying at 560mph.

The centrifugal force generated by the rotation of the earth is smaller than the gravitational force exerted on an individual, by orders of magnitude.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1540 on: September 02, 2019, 05:24:53 PM »

Are you under the impression that fiction writers are not allowed to write non-fiction?  ???
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Plat Terra

« Reply #1541 on: September 02, 2019, 05:33:32 PM »

Google centrifugal force

Feel free to demonstrate the mechanism where you feel velocity when flying at 560mph.

The centrifugal force generated by the rotation of the earth is smaller than the gravitational force exerted on an individual, by orders of magnitude.

At this point we are just talking about flying with the curvature of the Earth at 560 MPH. Do you understand this? Forget about any of earth’s alleged rotation.

Flying in a radius of a circle in any position can be felt and would be changing directions constantly.  That’s no different than making a continues right turn. The change could be felt while flying and you can’t prove otherwise.

No one Dip Flys over this Earth.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1542 on: September 02, 2019, 05:41:42 PM »

If I'm flying over earth at 560 MPH I know that my pilot is doing so using the engineering, tools, and methods predicated on the earth being a globe. When FE designs, builds, navigates, and pilots commercial jets using FE physics, maps, and distances I'll accept defeat.

mak3m

« Reply #1543 on: September 02, 2019, 05:44:48 PM »

Google centrifugal force

At this point we are just talking about flying with the curvature of the Earth at 560 MPH. Do you understand this? Forget about any of earth’s alleged rotation.

Flying in a radius of a circle in any position can be felt and would be changing directions constantly.  That’s no different than making a continues right turn. The change could be felt while flying and you can’t prove otherwise.

The rotation of the earth is quantifiable and measured by a number of methods, its not alleged, you might need to update your signature.

Now you have posted a statement comparing the rotation of the earth to the rotation of a roundabout. If you back up your statement and work through the math you would answer your own question.

I am currently a round earther, but I have an enquiring mind, I am happy to be persuaded through debate, ideas and experimentation. Making unsubstantiated statements is not debate, and I am not going to admit defeat, the purpose of your thread, on a series of claims and memes.

Start small, 7kph rotation, pick an arbitrary size for the roundabout/merry go round and lets say a 40kg child. What is the force exerted on the child?

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #1544 on: September 02, 2019, 06:17:24 PM »
Cool! We can add basic aerodynamics to the things Platypus doesn't understand.

Aircraft measure altitude typically using air pressure. Large aircraft normally cruise on an autopilot altitude hold which uses the pressure altitude as reference. Small aircraft, flown without autopilot require constant control input on all axis'. The input required to "follow the curve" would be so slight, that it goes unnoticed among other control adjustments.

So, yes... There is a "constant dipping", but it goes unnoticed.
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1545 on: September 02, 2019, 06:41:51 PM »
What speed would the airplane have to fly at for the constant dipping to be felt. Clearly 1000km/h is not sufficient. The Concordes from back in the day cruising speeds were a tad over 2000km/h. Clearly no one felt any dipping there so at what speed would you have to start holding on to your hat?

Know your place

Plat Terra

« Reply #1546 on: September 02, 2019, 06:50:39 PM »

Google centrifugal force

The rotation of the earth is quantifiable and measured by a number of methods, its not alleged, you might need to update your signature.

Now you have posted a statement comparing the rotation of the earth to the rotation of a roundabout. If you back up your statement and work through the math you would answer your own question.

I am currently a round earther, but I have an enquiring mind, I am happy to be persuaded through debate, ideas and experimentation. Making unsubstantiated statements is not debate, and I am not going to admit defeat, the purpose of your thread, on a series of claims and memes.

Start small, 7kph rotation, pick an arbitrary size for the roundabout/merry go round and lets say a 40kg child. What is the force exerted on the child?

I’ve done real experimentation on a non-stop flight to South Africa from the USA. There was never a drop in elevation until landing. It was a level flight all the way.
You’re not happy to be persuaded through debate. You just have an agenda. And you sound like someone else here. I see you are new. If you really want to know if Earth is a Plane then prove it to yourself instead of debate. Prove it to yourself by verifying the curvature bulge overEarths landmasses and canals. That will do it for you. You don’t really need to debate it. Just do it!  I did.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1547 on: September 02, 2019, 06:52:34 PM »
What speed would the airplane have to fly at for the constant dipping to be felt. Clearly 1000km/h is not sufficient. The Concordes from back in the day cruising speeds were a tad over 2000km/h. Clearly no one felt any dipping there so at what speed would you have to start holding on to your hat?

idk specifically, but:

Macarios

« Reply #1548 on: September 02, 2019, 07:49:21 PM »

It means that he added fictional characters into some of his work.

Sir Arthur Charles Clarke CBE FRAS was a British science fiction writer, science writer and futurist, inventor, undersea explorer, and television series host.

Being a sky diver doesn't stop you from being a long distance runner as well. :)
I don't have to fight about anything.
These things are not about me.
When one points facts out, they speak for themselves.
The main goal in all that is simplicity.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1549 on: September 02, 2019, 08:07:11 PM »

Sir Arthur Charles Clarke CBE FRAS was a British science fiction writer, science writer and futurist, inventor, undersea explorer, and television series host.

Being a sky diver doesn't stop you from being a long distance runner as well. :)

In school I did a lot of homework and assignments. Can I call myself a science writer because some of it would have been in the field of science? I used to write short stories too. I've done skydiving and I like to predict what teh future holds too. You dont see me getting knighted by the Queen

Arthur C Clarke was just another numpty that NASA used. Then they dumped in in Sri Lanka probably in an effort to keep him quiet and out of the general spotlight. It's a hell hole people are risking their lives trying to get the hell out of there!! You cant tell me he spent 52 years there happy, considering half of the time he was there the country was in a state of a civil war

Know your place

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #1550 on: September 02, 2019, 09:16:00 PM »
I’ve done real experimentation on a non-stop flight to South Africa from the USA. There was never a drop in elevation until landing. It was a level flight all the way.
So, you have done "real experimentation on a non-stop flight to South Africa from the USA"? How did YOU measure the altitude?
Would I be correct to assume that YOU did not measure the altitude at all?

But please explain why there should be any "drop in elevation"?
The altitude of aircraft is simply the height above mean-sea-level. What is so hard to understand about that?

Pilots fly at an assigned flight level measured by the altimeter which is based on the outside air pressure.
This air pressure is largely determined by the height above sea-level.

Hence your "experiment" proved nothing.

You’re not happy to be persuaded through debate.
I'd be happy to be "persuaded through debate" but you've posted nothing that could persuade anybody!

Please learn a bit about the Globe and then get a flat earth model that fits all observations better than the Globe does.
Good luck with the latter because, so far, there isn't one!

mak3m

« Reply #1551 on: September 02, 2019, 10:07:58 PM »

Google centrifugal force

You’re not happy to be persuaded through debate. You just have an agenda. And you sound like someone else here. I see you are new. If you really want to know if Earth is a Plane then prove it to yourself instead of debate. Prove it to yourself by verifying the curvature bulge overEarths landmasses and canals. That will do it for you. You don’t really need to debate it. Just do it!  I did.

Deflect deflect deflect

I spent first 10 years of my career physically measuring the curvature of the earth at least 8-10 times per year. I work in an industry that uses geodetic data daily. I can confidently say I have done it myself. I haven't come across any bulges to date.

If you did do it and verified your results please share the world awaits.

With regards to your experiment, or taking a flight. Do you recall taking off and being pushed back into your seat, similarly did you feel the opposite sensation when you landed, that last big deceleration.  What was that all about.

My agenda is simple, I stumbled into flat earth via conspiracy theory. Things like your signature and regular statements from flat earthers regarding engineers never taking earth curvature into account piqued my interest. Not sure who I sound like, but that does sound a tad paranoid.

I love debate it stimulates ideas, but positions require proofs.

Which brings us back to the main point, you made a statement regarding merry go rounds and comparing it to the rotation of the globe. I asked you to run the numbers, please do.

making unsubstantiated claims, particularly ones which are so easily calculated, just leads to closed loops. Continually deflecting, jumping from topic to topic and avoiding providing any evidence diminishes your arguments.

mak3m

« Reply #1552 on: September 02, 2019, 10:31:27 PM »

In school I did a lot of homework and assignments. Can I call myself a science writer because some of it would have been in the field of science? I used to write short stories too. I've done skydiving and I like to predict what teh future holds too. You dont see me getting knighted by the Queen

Arthur C Clarke was just another numpty that NASA used. Then they dumped in in Sri Lanka probably in an effort to keep him quiet and out of the general spotlight. It's a hell hole people are risking their lives trying to get the hell out of there!! You cant tell me he spent 52 years there happy, considering half of the time he was there the country was in a state of a civil war

The war was centred in the North of the country, although lasting officially 26 years large periods of inactivity, and the fact that it was a guerilla based warfare and terrorist activity, large swathes of Sri Lanka were largely unaffected.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1553 on: September 02, 2019, 10:34:24 PM »

The war was centred in the North of the country, although lasting officially 26 years large periods of inactivity, and the fact that it was a guerilla based warfare and terrorist activity, large swathes of Sri Lanka were largely unaffected.

Still, if you had your pick of any place in the world to live..... Would it be Sri Lanka? I get we're all different and maybe you wouldn't..... But I think you'd be hard pressed to find ANYONE 'choose' Sri Lanka as a place to live after actually have lived in a developed country.

Know your place

mak3m

« Reply #1554 on: September 02, 2019, 10:42:56 PM »

Still, if you had your pick of any place in the world to live..... Would it be Sri Lanka? I get we're all different and maybe you wouldn't..... But I think you'd be hard pressed to find ANYONE 'choose' Sri Lanka as a place to live after actually have lived in a developed country.

The war started decades after he moved there, he loved the country and was invested in it. He had every modern convieiance. Never been, but despite columbo being a bit mental  Sri Lanka is still a beautiful country.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1555 on: September 02, 2019, 10:52:57 PM »

The war started decades after he moved there, he loved the country and was invested in it. He had every modern convieiance. Never been, but despite columbo being a bit mental  Sri Lanka is still a beautiful country.

Liar.

https://www.compassion.com/sri-lanka/where-is-sri-lanka.htm

Take a good look

Ooohh! I get to live in some chaotic, rusted dilapidated house and get to pick tea leaves for $15-$25 a month and where my neighbours are addicted to alcohol and society has problems with child abuse and teen pregnancy! Yippee! What the hell am I doing here!?

Arthur C Clarke did not live here for the love of country (unless he liked impregnating teen girls)

Know your place

rvlvr

« Reply #1556 on: September 02, 2019, 11:14:20 PM »
Ah-ha! Sri Lanka is a shithole, and C. Clarke is a paedophile!

Not sure if it makes the planet flat, but I’d imagine at least NASA was now caught red-handed?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1557 on: September 02, 2019, 11:22:40 PM »
Ah-ha! Sri Lanka is a shithole, and C. Clarke is a paedophile!

Not sure if it makes the planet flat, but I’d imagine at least NASA was now caught red-handed?

Well, I wasn't going to say it in so many words.....  8)

Know your place

rvlvr

« Reply #1558 on: September 02, 2019, 11:24:36 PM »
It truly is a glorious victory for FE and one more nail in the coffin of what is called the snake NASA!

:D

mak3m

« Reply #1559 on: September 03, 2019, 01:15:55 AM »

Liar.

https://www.compassion.com/sri-lanka/where-is-sri-lanka.htm

Take a good look

Ooohh! I get to live in some chaotic, rusted dilapidated house and get to pick tea leaves for $15-$25 a month and where my neighbours are addicted to alcohol and society has problems with child abuse and teen pregnancy! Yippee! What the hell am I doing here!?

Arthur C Clarke did not live here for the love of country (unless he liked impregnating teen girls)

Lol bullshit religious website

These people are not Christians give us lots of money to help them be Christians

Poverty exits Everywhere

http://www.traveller.com.au/sri-lanka-why-this-is-lonely-planets-top-destination-for-2019-h1783b

Funny that

3rd link down poverty status

http://www.statistics.gov.lk/

::)

You dont like Sri Lanka,  your opinion, still doesn't deflect from the fact you misplaced your sarcasm by failing to know who Arrthur C Ckarke was.