When will RE Community Accept Defeat?

• 1981 Replies
Re: When will RE Community Accept Defeat?
« Reply #420 on: August 07, 2019, 04:11:55 PM »
Re read what you just wrote.
Think about it.
Re read what marcos has told you about "above sea level".
Think some more...

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #421 on: August 07, 2019, 04:14:06 PM »
So we're in agreement that the nile is fake news and cant possibly flow north?

Rivers wouldn't flow to seas and oceans on a sphere. It would be a much different world than what you see here.  Spherical gravity would make water  seek its own spherical radius through gravity pulling to center of mass and eventually seep into the ground, unless its trapped in mountain areas with valleys leading to depression areas.

Water flows from higher potential energy to lower.

Lets say a river starts at 100 feet above sea level. The flow will seek out the least potential energy. This will take it to sea level, assuming nothing stops it.

Super easy concept when you realize you don't measure distances above sea level from a mine shaft deep underground.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #422 on: August 07, 2019, 04:17:01 PM »

Rivers wouldn't flow to seas and oceans on a sphere. It would be a much different world than what you see here.  Spherical gravity would make water  seek its own spherical radius through gravity pulling to center of mass and eventually seep into the ground, unless its trapped in mountain areas with valleys leading to depression areas.

What are continents? They are the higher levels of mountains which begin at the sea floor, (depression areas).
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

Plat Terra

• I am a Neutral Flat Earther
« Reply #423 on: August 07, 2019, 04:18:04 PM »

Lets say a river starts at 100 feet above sea level. The flow will seek out the least potential energy. This will take it to sea level, assuming nothing stops it.

Super easy concept when you realize you don't measure distances above sea level from a mine shaft deep underground.

You are ignoring Spherical gravity and there is no sea level on a globe.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 04:20:57 PM by Plat Terra »
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #424 on: August 07, 2019, 04:21:15 PM »

There is no sea level on a globe.

When you understand the round earth model, you will see why that claim makes no sense.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Plat Terra

« Reply #425 on: August 07, 2019, 04:23:38 PM »

When you understand the round earth model, you will see why that claim makes no sense.

You are ignoring spherical gravity. Spherical gravity does not level mass.
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #426 on: August 07, 2019, 04:49:15 PM »

You are ignoring spherical gravity. Spherical gravity does not level mass.

Thats literally the definition of what it does.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Macarios

« Reply #427 on: August 07, 2019, 04:59:50 PM »

What would pull those rivers in the direction you imagine here?
Why not towards the center of the Earth as it realy does?
I don't have to fight about anything.
These things are not about me.
When one points facts out, they speak for themselves.
The main goal in all that is simplicity.

Plat Terra

« Reply #428 on: August 07, 2019, 05:11:08 PM »

The center of your sphere Earth is not the surface of the Oceans.

Plat Terra

« Reply #429 on: August 07, 2019, 05:12:12 PM »
As stated before, if Earth were a sphere, coastal regions at or near "sea curve" could not flood. Why? Because the water in this world seeks it’s own level and would easily flow over a curved surface, but it doesn't because of depressions.

Canals don’t curve, water doesn’t curve, water seeking it’s own level is not compatible with spherical gravity and horizontal and depression areas of the coastlines can’t meet with a spherical body of water. The Globe Community has yet of actually verifying the alleged surface curvature of any landmass or canal. And now if one truly understands the effects of spherical gravity they would be able to see it’s not a part of this world.

---

Water seeking it's own level is not compatible with spherical gravity.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 06:47:21 PM by Plat Terra »

?

frenat

« Reply #430 on: August 07, 2019, 06:21:29 PM »

and you prove again only that you don't understand the subject.

Crutchwater

« Reply #431 on: August 07, 2019, 07:05:51 PM »
As stated before, if Earth were a sphere, coastal regions at or near "sea curve" could not flood. Why? Because the water in this world seeks it’s own level and would easily flow over a curved surface, but it doesn't because of depressions.

Canals don’t curve, water doesn’t curve, water seeking it’s own level is not compatible with spherical gravity and horizontal and depression areas of the coastlines can’t meet with a spherical body of water. The Globe Community has yet of actually verifying the alleged surface curvature of any landmass or canal. And now if one truly understands the effects of spherical gravity they would be able to see it’s not a part of this world.

---

South is not the same thing as down.

You are completely wrong, your memes are insane.

Macarios

« Reply #432 on: August 07, 2019, 09:14:42 PM »

The center of your sphere Earth is not the surface of the Oceans.

Exactly !!!
The surface of the oceans is all around and the center is deep down inside the planet's core, in the middle.
And everything falls there from north pole, from south pole, from equator, from both tropics and from every other point at the surface.

The Earth's attraction force pulls it all towards the center and keeps it all together.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 09:18:09 PM by Macarios »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #433 on: August 07, 2019, 10:09:19 PM »
As stated before, if Earth were a sphere, coastal regions at or near "sea curve" could not flood.
Incorrect!
All it means is that you do not understand the way gravity works. Gravity tends pull things toward the centre of the earth.
Yet you post silly memes like this:
Are you honestly incapable of understanding that "down" on the Globe is not always in the direction of down from the North Pole.
"Down" is the direction a plumb-bob will point when hanging freely and on the Globe that is almost exactly towards the centre of the earth from all places on earth.

So that ball picture of your is total rubbish because the surface of the Globe does not immediately slope down from the North Pole or anywhere else.

I've never met anyone so incapable of understand such a simple concept.

The bottom line is that if you want to argue against the Globe you must use the "Globe" explanation of the way things work.
If you disagree with those "Globe" explanations of the way things work then the onus is one you to prove your case against them and I've never once seen you do that.
I don't care how many times you state something because your stating something does not make it true.

Quote from: Plat Terra
Why? Because the water in this world seeks it’s own level and would easily flow over a curved surface, but it doesn't because of depressions.
Yes, "water in this world seeks it’s own level" and on the Globe that level is almost a perfect sphere.

Now you define what direction you think down is on the Globe. You seem to think down is in the direction from the North Pole to the South Pole.
But what would cause down to be in that particular direction?

« Reply #434 on: August 07, 2019, 10:40:31 PM »
Plat, call me lazy or unimaginable if you will, but I've noticed you enjoy the language of "memes." Hence, instead of creating memes myself, the hard work has already been done. So here's three memes that perfectly illustrate the way water actually behaves because of gravity, on our planet: (is it cheating if I use these memes? ???) Oh, and I've included a diagram about gravity just for you..... ;D

Remember these three words: Observable, Repeatable, Measurable.  ;)

« Reply #435 on: August 07, 2019, 11:38:21 PM »
What Plat Terra fails to realize is that the Earth is really big. No, Plat, the Earth isn`t just as big as you can see with your eyes.

According to your logic, a basketball, or any other kind of round thing, is actually flat:

« Reply #436 on: August 07, 2019, 11:39:50 PM »

---

South is not the same thing as down.

You are completely wrong, your memes are insane.

Ya...
Print off those blue level diagrams.
Take a pen.
Mark the "down" for all levels.
Straight down from lines of level.
Think about it.

« Reply #437 on: August 08, 2019, 12:59:18 AM »

---

Haha, this thread is hysterical, Plat Terra, you crack me up. This stuff is so good it's got to be a Poe?
The Universal Accelerator is a constant farce.

Flattery will get you nowhere.

From the FAQ - "In general, we at the Flat Earth Society do not lend much credibility to photographic evidence."

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #438 on: August 08, 2019, 01:21:54 AM »
In fact the earth is not the only ball with surface liquid in the solar system. Lakes of ethane and methane have been observed on Saturn's moon Titan.

Titan's lakes seem to curve along the curved surface just fine and there are no signs of titan losing methane due to rotation.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 01:27:09 AM by kopfverderber »
You must gather your party before venturing forth

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #439 on: August 08, 2019, 02:36:28 AM »
As stated before,
I thought you needed a little help.

Since the Earth were is a sphere, coastal regions at or near "sea curve" can flood but not as readily as inland regions.

Why? Because the water in this world seeks it’s own level and follows the curved surface of the Globe, but water near the coast can drain out to sea more easily than inland regions.

Canals curve, water does curve, water seeking it’s own level is perfectly compatible with spherical gravity and level and depression areas of the coastlines can meet with a spherical body of water.

The Globe Community has verified the surface curvature of over landmasses and canals by measuring the curve and by demonstrating that the horizon always falls below eye-level over any level surface.

And now if one truly understands the effects of spherical gravity they would be able to see it’s perfectly compatible this world.

Water seeking it's own level is compatible with spherical gravity.

No need to thank me.

By the way I'm waiting for an answer for:

Either prove that "Newton and others falsified the moon's rotation" or admit that you are making up fairy tales again.

JackBlack

« Reply #440 on: August 08, 2019, 05:10:39 AM »
Rivers wouldn't flow to seas and oceans on a sphere.
I have already explained that that claim is BS.

Gravity isn't glue which magically holds the water in place.
Water flows on the real round Earth just like it would on a hypothetical flat Earth.
The only difference is the overall shape.

Spherical gravity would make water  seek its own spherical radius through gravity pulling to center of mass
i.e. if there is place, like in a river, where the water is higher, and it can flow along the river to get closer to the centre of mass, it would.

Gravity is not strong enough to cause Earth to become a perfect sphere, or even a perfect ellipsoid.
The ground is strong enough to mostly hold its shape.

Your next picture is yet another blatant lie.

Water levelling itself over Earth's curved surface is observable, measurable, repeatable and testable, just like the radius of Earth.
What isn't is the surface of water magically becoming flat or Earth being flat.

Again, Earth is not a tiny ball sitting on top of a much larger one like your experiment would require.

Again, REers aren't going to admit defeat just because you lie about reality.

Plat Terra

« Reply #441 on: August 08, 2019, 08:59:49 AM »
As stated before, if Earth were a sphere, coastal regions at or near "sea curve" could not flood.
Incorrect!
All it means is that you do not understand the way gravity works. Gravity tends pull things toward the centre of the earth.
Yet you post silly memes like this:
Are you honestly incapable of understanding that "down" on the Globe is not always in the direction of down from the North Pole.
"Down" is the direction a plumb-bob will point when hanging freely and on the Globe that is almost exactly towards the centre of the earth from all places on earth.

So that ball picture of your is total rubbish because the surface of the Globe does not immediately slope down from the North Pole or anywhere else.

I've never met anyone so incapable of understand such a simple concept.

The bottom line is that if you want to argue against the Globe you must use the "Globe" explanation of the way things work.
If you disagree with those "Globe" explanations of the way things work then the onus is one you to prove your case against them and I've never once seen you do that.
I don't care how many times you state something because your stating something does not make it true.

Quote from: Plat Terra
Why? Because the water in this world seeks it’s own level and would easily flow over a curved surface, but it doesn't because of depressions.
Yes, "water in this world seeks it’s own level" and on the Globe that level is almost a perfect sphere.

Now you define what direction you think down is on the Globe. You seem to think down is in the direction from the North Pole to the South Pole.
But what would cause down to be in that particular direction?

You're the one that replied with this 
1. The downward force you have labelled with the red arrow could be placed along any line pointed at the centre of the earth.
So it would take no significant sideways force to start it rolling in either direction.

So I said, "You mean like this?" and posted three links to memes I made expressing your words. "it would take no significant sideways force to start it rolling in either direction." Now you disagree with your own words.  That's not my problem. You should be arguing with yourself.

I stand by the facts observed on this Earth. The theory of spherical gravity is not a part of this Earth.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 09:07:29 AM by Plat Terra »

Plat Terra

« Reply #442 on: August 08, 2019, 09:06:24 AM »
As stated before,

Either prove that "Newton and others falsified the moon's rotation" or admit that you are making up fairy tales again.

You mean you can't walk outside and observe the Moons directional path? Does it go in the same direction as the Sun?

The bottom line is that if you want to argue the Globe you must use the the facts and observations of this world.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 09:26:56 AM by Plat Terra »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #443 on: August 08, 2019, 09:30:54 AM »
As stated before,

You mean you can't walk outside and observe the Moons directional path? Does it go in the same direction as the Sun?
Have FE'ers even charted the moon's directional path?  If they did, then they should have noticed that the sun and moon travel in the same general direction, but not in the exact same path.

The bottom line is that if you want to argue the Globe you must use the the facts and observations of this world.
The same is true if you want to argue for the flat earth.  Too bad for you that the paths of the sun and moon are much easier to explain for a globe earth than for a flat earth.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Crutchwater

« Reply #444 on: August 08, 2019, 09:36:28 AM »
I'm sure plat understands that the moon orbits on a path tilted in relation to Earth's equator. Combined with the rotation of the globe, why would he expect it to follow the same path as the sun in our sky?

Plat Terra

« Reply #445 on: August 08, 2019, 09:42:13 AM »
I'm sure plat understands that the moon orbits on a path tilted in relation to Earth's equator. Combined with the rotation of the globe, why would he expect it to follow the same path as the sun in our sky?

If the Moon, Planets and stars orbit on a plane, why can't the Sun orbit on a plane and all orbit above a Plane Earth? It's possible, right?

« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 10:02:02 AM by Plat Terra »

Macarios

« Reply #446 on: August 08, 2019, 09:59:27 AM »
As stated before,

Ofcourse it does.
All stars in the celestial equatorial belt also folow the same path.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the picture below we can assume that your gray parts are the Earth.

In that case we have red lines that show where is "down".
The length of the red lines show how high is the water surface at which place.

Yes, water will tend to equalize those heights
and the final result will be equal height of all parts
and equal length of all red lines.

Plat Terra

« Reply #447 on: August 08, 2019, 10:18:32 AM »
As stated before,

Ofcourse it does.
All stars in the celestial equatorial belt also folow the same path.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Can you give a response that directly applies to the following?

Macarios

« Reply #448 on: August 08, 2019, 10:27:39 AM »

I mean I can go outside and see the Sun, Moon and celestial tropical belt stars go the same way. They all go from east to west.

Does this wording satisfy your demand? :)

Plat Terra

« Reply #449 on: August 08, 2019, 10:42:52 AM »

I mean I can go outside and see the Sun, Moon and celestial tropical belt stars go the same way. They all go from east to west.

Does this wording satisfy your demand? :)

That's better. You included the words "Moon, East and West" in a reply to a question I asked. Thank you.

Speaking of the surface of this Earth, what have you observed that proves to you Earth is a sphere?