GLOBAL CONSPIRACY

• 1592 Replies

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
Re: GLOBAL CONSPIRACY
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2014, 08:56:39 AM »
Have you tried this simple experiment: 

2. The easiest way and the simplest experiment that every one of you can do in order to prove to yourself that the Earth is Flat is this:

Now if the moving daylight has been caused by the rotation of  the  earth,  the  shadows  of  that  ball  in  the  garden,  or of the knob  of  the  shorter upright  stick  on  the housetop,  would have  fallen in a straight  line.  Test  the  truth  of  this  by   an experiment  with  an  orange,  or  a  larrger  ball,  in a  dark  room illuminated  by  one  lamp.  Place  an  upright  stylus  near  the centre  of  a  flat  and  stationary  table,  and  carefully  carry  the light  half-way  round.  You  will  get  the  sundial  curve. Then  fix  a match  in  the  orange,  and  place  the  light  in  the centre  of  the  stationary  table,  and  squarely  rotate  the orange.  If  you  do  so  honestly  and  properly,  you  will  get  a short  straight  line,  according  to  the  proportions  of  your experiment.Thus  the  sun-dial,  the  shadows  of  our  lamp-posts  in  the city  squares,  and  the  shadows  of  our  tall  trees  in  the  city  parks,  all  testify,  often  daily,  to  the  great  fact  that  we  are living  on  a  plane  and  stable  earth,  with  the  hght  of  heaven daily  revolving  around.  Truly  “   the  heavens  declare  the glory  of  God  ;  and  the  firmament  sheweth  his  handiwork  : day unto  day uttereth  speech,  and  night  unto  night  sheweth knowledge.”   (Psa.  xix.  i ,   2).

It is much easier to do than "Kanchenjunga-Makalu" experiment...  :)

My version of the above experiment: " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

My experiment is 100 % proof that the Earth is flat! Do you see why? If not, i will tell you later, but first, try to figure it out for yourself...
"I can't breathe" George Floyd RIP

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2014, 09:14:39 AM »

2. The easiest way and the simplest experiment that every one of you can do in order to prove to yourself that the Earth is Flat is this:

Now if the moving daylight has been caused by the rotation of  the  earth,  the  shadows  of  that  ball  in  the  garden,  or of the knob  of  the  shorter upright  stick  on  the housetop,  would have  fallen in a straight  line.  Test  the  truth  of  this  by   an experiment  with  an  orange,  or  a  larrger  ball,  in a  dark  room illuminated  by  one  lamp.  Place  an  upright  stylus  near  the centre  of  a  flat  and  stationary  table,  and  carefully  carry  the light  half-way  round.  You  will  get  the  sundial  curve. Then  fix  a match  in  the  orange,  and  place  the  light  in  the centre  of  the  stationary  table,  and  squarely  rotate  the orange.  If  you  do  so  honestly  and  properly,  you  will  get  a short  straight  line,  according  to  the  proportions  of  your experiment.Thus  the  sun-dial,  the  shadows  of  our  lamp-posts  in  the city  squares,  and  the  shadows  of  our  tall  trees  in  the  city  parks,  all  testify,  often  daily,  to  the  great  fact  that  we  are living  on  a  plane  and  stable  earth,  with  the  hght  of  heaven daily  revolving  around.  Truly  “   the  heavens  declare  the glory  of  God  ;  and  the  firmament  sheweth  his  handiwork  : day unto  day uttereth  speech,  and  night  unto  night  sheweth knowledge.”   (Psa.  xix.  i ,   2).

My version of the above experiment: " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

My experiment is 100 % proof that the Earth is flat! Do you see why? If not, i will tell you later, but first, try to figure it out for yourself...

Good thing that is not how sundials work or you might actually be right.

http://www.accuratesundials.com/site/591582/page/140934

Each sundial's gnomon (the triangular piece) is aligned to the axis of the Earth's rotation and it's numbers are laid out based on latitiude. 

The "gnomon" in your experiment is not in the proper position.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 09:22:15 AM by Rama Set »
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2014, 09:23:00 AM »
Why is it that every time clickijamas presents an argument and we show him how horribly wrong he is he just moves on to another argument? Is he admitting that the argument he presents is wrong?

/sub

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2014, 09:32:38 AM »
Why is it that every time clickijamas presents an argument and we show him how horribly wrong he is he just moves on to another argument? Is he admitting that the argument he presents is wrong?

/sub
What else can he do?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2014, 09:33:59 AM »

/sub
What else can he do?

Humbly admit he is wrong and that the world is round. It's OK, it wouldn't be the end of the world.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2014, 11:29:29 AM »

/sub
What else can he do?

Humbly admit he is wrong and that the world is round. It's OK, it wouldn't be the end of the world.
Not going to happen when God himself told him he's 100% correct.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2014, 12:06:31 PM »

/sub
What else can he do?

Not going to happen when God himself told him he's 100% correct.

Maybe that was the devil.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2014, 01:53:41 PM »

Isn't that amazing how such simple experiment can prove (without the shadow of a doubt) that the Earth is flat?

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2014, 01:59:48 PM »

Isn't that amazing how such simple experiment can prove (without the shadow of a doubt) that the Earth is flat?

Isn't it amazing that a simple post can show how ignorant you are?

Seriously, maybe you missed the response about how sun dials work?

« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2014, 02:01:50 PM »

How do you explain observations of sunrise and sunset across the world?

« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2014, 02:47:33 PM »
Nested quotes in the below have been flattened, and intervening questions removed for readability.

The distance from the North Pole to the Equator is roughly 6000 [miles], it means that the circumference of the Equator is roughly 37.500 miles (60 000 km)!
6000 (roughly) * 2 * pi = 37680 ....This is correct for the Flat Earth, and if the Earth were a sphere then you would have to use different formula in order to get RE's result which is 24,901...
The point is that they (REs - conspirators) couldn't have forged the distances between the North Pole and the Equator (it would have been much greater problem than forging the distances in southern hemiplain), so we have to conclude that they have had to forge the circumference of the Equator which makes much more sense than the other way around...
Well, here's an idea for you to check to see if the 24,900-mi length of the equator is "forged".  According to Google, Altamira and Uruarα, in the State of Parα, Brazil are at 3.2° S, 52.2° W and 3.71° S, 53.74° W, respectively, and 112.38 miles (180.85 km) apart as the crow flies.These two towns are approximately east and west of each other, nearly on the equator, and connected by a relatively straight road.

http://www.google.com/maps/@-3.4995413,-52.8928186,10z

Uruarα is west of Altamira by 1.54 degrees, which is 1/233.75 of 360 degrees. Treating the whole 112.4 miles as due E-W (it's not quite, but the E-W component is about 95% of it) on the equator (again, it's not quite, but close), then the circumference of the Earth is

112.4 miles * 233.75 = 26273.5 miles.

This is a lot closer to 24,900 miles than 37,680 miles. 95% of 26,273.5 miles (to account for the extra distance due to the 1/2° change in latitude) is 24,959.8 miles, pretty much in line with the round-earth estimate. The distance by road will be somewhat longer because it isn't perfectly straight, but I'd be surprised if it exceeds 200 km. The straight-line distance would have to be more than 100 km longer, making the distance between towns about 300 km by road, if the equator is the length you propose.

Why don't you see  if you can find the distance by road between these two towns somehow - maybe contact a Brazilian consulate - and see if your 37,000+ mile equator is even close?

"The distance by road will be somewhat longer because it isn't perfectly straight, but I'd be surprised if it exceeds 200 km."

So, let's use this value: 200 km.

360/1,5 = 240

240 * 200 = 48 000 km
It's 1.54°, not 1.50°.

360°/1.54° is 233.75
233.75 * 200 km = 46750 km

48 000 km is almost right in between 40 000 km (official version), and my estimation (60 000 km).
No, it's 40% of the way from 40,000 and 60,000. The difference between 48,000 and 60,000 is half again the difference between 40,000 and 48,000. "almost right in between" is a stretch, even if 48,000 were right, which it isn't. The difference between 46,750 and 60,000 is almost twice the difference between 40,000 and 46750. Using straight-line (actually great circle) distance, instead of road distance, makes the calculated equator even less; the distance by road was a check for obvious "forgery" of that 180 km straight-line distance.

Now, if i used radius of 5400 miles (instead of 6000 miles) we would get 33,912 miles which is 54,259 km!
Why would you do that? You originally said that the distance was 6,000 miles and couldn't be "forged", and also that 37680 miles was the correct length for the equator on a flat earth [bolded in your quotes above].

5400 miles = 2 * 2700 miles (the alleged (according to many Zetetics) distance between the Earth and the Sun)
"Alleged". Got it. Those distances are all over the map, so to speak. What is this one based on? And what does the alleged height of the Sun have to do with this, anyway? You're just trying to pick a number that helps (but doesn't actually solve) your too-long equator.

So, what do you think?

It sounds like you realize the equator really isn't nearly as long as you originally claimed.

Now if the moving daylight has been caused by the rotation of  the  earth,  the  shadows  of  that  ball  in  the  garden,  or of the knob  of  the  shorter upright  stick  on  the housetop,  would have  fallen in a straight  line. 
There's a simple experiment you can do to demonstrate that this statement is false.

Why do you think this is true? Because you read it somewhere? What is this quote from, anyway?

Test  the  truth  of  this  by   an experiment  with  an  orange,  or  a  larrger  ball,  in a  dark  room illuminated  by  one  lamp.  Place  an  upright  stylus  near  the centre  of  a  flat  and  stationary  table,  and  carefully  carry  the light  half-way  round.  You  will  get  the  sundial  curve. Then  fix  a match  in  the  orange,  and  place  the  light  in  the centre  of  the  stationary  table,  and  squarely  rotate  the orange.  If  you  do  so  honestly  and  properly,  you  will  get  a short  straight  line,  according  to  the  proportions  of  your experiment.Thus  the  sun-dial,  the  shadows  of  our  lamp-posts  in  the city  squares,  and  the  shadows  of  our  tall  trees  in  the  city  parks,  all  testify,  often  daily,  to  the  great  fact  that  we  are living  on  a  plane  and  stable  earth,  with  the  hght  of  heaven daily  revolving  around.  Truly  “   the  heavens  declare  the glory  of  God  ;  and  the  firmament  sheweth  his  handiwork  : day unto  day uttereth  speech,  and  night  unto  night  sheweth knowledge.”   (Psa.  xix.  i ,   2).[/i]
Try your matchstick and orange experiment with the matchstick at the top of the orange so it's pointing straight up when the orange is on a table, and illuminate the orange from high enough above it so that entire shadow of the matchstick falls on the surface of the orange. Rotate the orange and watch the top of the shadow trace a circle on the surface of the orange. A circle is not a straight line, so the original assertion that the  shadows would have  fallen in a straight  line is false.

Since the premise is false, the experiment is meaningless.

[Edit] Fix typos, nested reply.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 02:55:06 PM by Alpha2Omega »
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2014, 03:26:15 PM »

Isn't it amazing that a simple post can show how ignorant you are?

Seriously, maybe you missed the response about how sun dials work?

If i did not understand something then i wouldn't be so proud not to asked for clarification. I understand how sun dials work, but i am not sure whether you understand the true meaning of my experiment or not? Although it is so obvious that i consider it quite unnecessarily to give any kind of explanation. It is more likely that you just pretend you don't understand it.

Try your matchstick and orange experiment with the matchstick at the top of the orange so it's pointing straight up when the orange is on a table, and illuminate the orange from high enough above it so that entire shadow of the matchstick falls on the surface of the orange. Rotate the orange and watch the top of the shadow trace a circle on the surface of the orange. A circle is not a straight line, so the original assertion that the  shadows would have  fallen in a straight  line is false.

Why should i do that? My experiment is absolutely decisive! That is why i am not too worried about the final outcome of the equator issue. If we can prove the flatness of the surface of the Earth with such a simple experiments, then there is no reason to be overly concerned about the unsolved issues like "equator problem", although i would lie if i said it doesn't bother me at all, since sooner or later we must take a stand on these issues...

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2014, 03:29:56 PM »
 I'd be happy to hear you wriggle your way out of this so bring on your explanation.

While you are at it, also explain why the sun seems to shine upon the entire flat earth in your video while the globe has a day side and night side, as it should be.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 03:49:16 PM by rottingroom »

ausGeoff

« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2014, 05:12:09 PM »
While you are at it, also explain why the sun seems to shine upon the entire flat earth in your video while the globe has a day side and night side, as it should be.

This fact has always been a sticking point in the flat earth hypothesis:  How can the sun be always above the surface of the earth, but at the same time, be not visible from 50% of its surface?

Simple geometry proves this to be impossible.

« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2014, 07:21:45 PM »

Why should i do that?

Oh, I don't know... maybe to find out what your model is really telling you, or something. If you're not interested in that, there's nothing much I can do about it.

My experiment is absolutely decisive!

I'm sure you're 100% convinced of that. Doesn't mean you're right, though.

That is why i am not too worried about the final outcome of the equator issue. If we can prove the flatness of the surface of the Earth with such a simple experiments, then there is no reason to be overly concerned about the unsolved issues like "equator problem", although i would lie if i said it doesn't bother me at all, since sooner or later we must take a stand on these issues...

If you could stick your matchstick in the north pole of your globe and spin it under your single source of light, you'll see generally the same pattern as your flat map, except it wouldn't extend as far on the globe as the flat map (it can't reach the equator, for instance). But this does have the advantage of having day and night consistent with what we actually see, unlike your flat map.

At any rate, there's no hurry - I'm away on holiday travel for a while and probably (I hope!) won't be on here much, or at all, for a bit.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

?

QuQu

« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2014, 10:44:16 PM »
cikljamas, go immediately to the nearest NASA or CIA office. The chip in your brain is not working as expected.

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2014, 01:34:49 AM »
I'd be happy to hear you wriggle your way out of this so bring on your explanation.

Wriggle my way out of something? Hahahaha...

Now, watch it again, and again, and again: " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

Or would you prefer to try to do same kind of experiment for yourself, and share your videotaped evidence with us?

Now, i would be happy to see you wriggle your way out of this!!!

« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2014, 01:44:02 AM »
There are 16 hour day lengths which show on a sundial.

ausGeoff

« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2014, 02:03:55 AM »

cikljamas obviously doesn't know much about 18-hour sundials LOL....

Top view of an equatorial sundial. The hour lines are spaced equally about the circle,
and the shadow of the cylindrical gnomon moves uniformly about. The height of the
gnomon is 2.5 units and the outer radius of the dial is 6.0 units. This animation depicts
the motion of the shadow from 3AM to 9PM on mid-summer's day, when the sun
is at its highest declination. Sunset and sunrise occurs at 3AM and 9PM on that day
near the latitude 57.5°, roughly the latitude of Aberdeen or Gothenburg.

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2014, 03:02:03 AM »
Take a model of a globe, put it on the table, and demonstrate to me, how you can get shadows which extend more than 90 degrees on the globe if the sun is situated directly (perpendicularly) above the tropic of cancer, or perpendicularly above the tropic of capricorn and if your matchstick is stuck at 40 degrees N (northern summer) or 40 degrees S (southern summer) ...Then we'll have to talk about something, until then try to think about something, just to check it out if you are still able to think about anything at all, or all your brain cells already have been washed out (irretrievably) & died out long time ago!

1. Latitude and longitude of North Dakota is 45° 55'N to 49°N and 97°W to 104°W.

2. Latitude and longitude of Maine is 43° 4'N to 47° 28'N and 66° 57'W to 71° 7'W.

3. Latitude and longitude of Michigan is 41° 41' N to 47° 30' N and 82° 26' W to 90° 31' W.

4. Latitude and longitude of Texas is 25° 50' N to 36° 30' N and 93° 31' W to 106° 38' W.

Well, to be maximally honest (as always) i just check it out once more, and i must admit that it is possible to produce shadows which extend more than 90 degrees even on the globe, however, these few additional degrees are still too faraway from what we can observe in reality using sundial and/or observing shadows of vertical objects like trees!!!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 03:03:59 AM by cikljamas »

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2014, 05:21:18 AM »
What is very interesting about this "sundial case" is stunning similarity to "the equation of time case" http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=62199.msg1637435#msg1637435

As we go further north (in northern hemiplain), the days are longer, but the extension of a shadows would be shorter and shorter if we lived on a globe. For example, in latitude of London (51°30′N, 0°08′W) length of the day light at July 1th is 16 h, 33 minutes, but the maximal extent of usage of sundial at that latitude would be 12 hours. So, the difference between reality and globular assumptions is "only" 4 hours and 30 minutes!!!

In latitude of North Dakota, maximal extent of usage of sundial would be (on the globe) between 6 a. m. and 7 p. m. So, the difference between reality and globular assumptions is (at this latitude) at least 3 hours!!!

What this all means?

It means that these two references (1. climbing up towards north & 2. widening range of a shadow on a sundial) would be in INVERSELY PROPORTIONAL RELATION if we lived on the rotund Earth!!! Again!!!

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

http://www.energeticforum.com/264064-post330.html
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 03:02:17 PM by cikljamas »

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2014, 07:24:28 AM »
Well that was fun. You admitted that shadows can extend more than 90° on a globe and then you made yet another new argument.

This time your entire argument was based on mining a web page for a specific quote "The sun on this dial can never shine on this dial before 6AM and after 6pm". Disregarding the fact that the quote only pertains to a specific, much less used type of sun dial, the vertical south dial.

Other sun dials work from sunrise to sunset, especially the most common type, the horizontal sun dial.

So basically all this talk about 3 or 4 hour discrepancies... I don't know how you made this conclusion without having a blind fold on.

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2014, 07:37:32 AM »
Well that was fun. You admitted that shadows can extend more than 90° on a globe and then you made yet another new argument.

This time your entire argument was based on mining a web page for a specific quote "The sun on this dial can never shine on this dial before 6AM and after 6pm". Disregarding the fact that the quote only pertains to a specific, much less used type of sun dial, the vertical south dial.

Other sun dials work from sunrise to sunset, especially the most common type, the horizontal sun dial.

So basically all this talk about 3 or 4 hour discrepancies... I don't know how you made this conclusion without having a blind fold on.

Have you ever used your brain in your whole life???

Don't you see that in this video (" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">) the Sun is above the tropic of capricorn (since the globe is turned upside down) and the matchstick is stuck at 40 degrees S, and that this matchstick cannot cast it's shadow more than 90 degrees??? Don't you see that? Are you blind or something else? Make your own experiment and show it to me, then we will continue our discussion, until then why don't you top up some oil in your coughing engine...

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2014, 08:21:39 AM »
So I tried this out with a globe and I noticed, like you that you can achieve more than 90° at sunset or sunrise. It was very little like you said but then I thought of something and started to move the light source away from the globe and noticed that slowly, but surely the shadow was moving further and further past 90°. I have an inkling that at scale, 93 million miles would show what we observe in real life.

Essentially, in order to produce results that look like real life your experiment must be set up to look more like real life. Crazy, I know.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 09:04:51 AM by rottingroom »

« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2014, 09:08:50 AM »
For example, in latitude of London (51°30′N, 0°08′W) length of the day light at July 1th is 16 h, 33 minutes, but the maximal extent of usage of sundial at that latitude would be 12 hours.
Are you claiming that there are over 4 hours a day when the sun does not cast a shadow?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2014, 10:52:58 AM »
For example, in latitude of London (51°30′N, 0°08′W) length of the day light at July 1th is 16 h, 33 minutes, but the maximal extent of usage of sundial at that latitude would be 12 hours.
Are you claiming that there are over 4 hours a day when the sun does not cast a shadow?

If the Earth were round, then that would be the case! But the Earth is not rotund, how come that you have forgotten it again?

Next few excerpts will be of a great help for those who don't afraid to use their own brains:

1. Observational fact
The Sun in the sky during the summer in the Northern hemisphere (above the Tropic of Cancer) travels in a southern arc across the sky which is a West-West-South direction until noon and then a West-West-North direction until midnight as this illustration below shows:

http://www.energeticforum.com/256670-post75.html

Heliocentric theory:
The Earth spins in an anti-clockwise direction (if viewed looking down from the North Pole). It spins on its axis just over 360° in 24 hours and travels around the sun in one year. It tilts 23.44° on its axis so that at the height of the summer (solstice), one hemisphere will be nearer to the sun than the other, and in 6 months on the other side of the sun, this same hemisphere will be further away (winter solstice). So, the heliocentric theory states that the Northern hemisphere (above the Tropic of Cancer) in the summer solstice tilts towards the sun at 23.44°.

So far so good. The sun is seen to travel in the sky East to West because the Earth is rotating in the opposite direction West to East. Now imagine any location in the Northern hemisphere (NH) above the Tropic of Cancer as it rotates anti-clockwise. At daybreak the NH is rotating in a downwards direction East-East-South until noon where it reverses and travels upwards East-East-North until midnight. The Sun is seen to travel in the sky in the opposite direction which is West-West-North until noon and then West-West-South until midnight. This is a northern arc, as the flipped illustration below demonstrates:

http://www.energeticforum.com/256670-post75.html

As we can see, this is EXACTLY opposite to how the Sun is seen to traverse the sky. No matter what the season, the Sun in the Northern hemisphere above the Tropic of Cancer NEVER travels in a northern arc… EVER… not in winter, not in fall/spring, not in summer!

This is another valid, strong argument against the fraudulent HC lie, and i firmly stand behind it, because i checked the validity of this argument by doing personal observations of the motion of the Sun in the sky during different seasons!

2. Those nearest to it, as the "Great Bear," &c., &c., are always visible in England during their whole twenty-four hours' revolution. Those further away southwards rise north-north-east, and set south-south-west; still further south they rise east by north, and set west by north. The farthest south visible from England, the rising is more to the east and south-east, and the setting to the west and south-west. But all the stars visible from London rise and set in a way which is not compatible with the doctrine of rotundity. For in-stance, if we stand with our backs to the north, on the high land known as "Arthur's Seat," near Edinburgh, and note the stars in the zenith of our position, and watch for several hours, the zenith stars will gradually recede to the north-west. If we do the same on Woodhouse Moor, near Leeds, or on any of the mountain tops in Yorkshire or Derbyshire, the same phenomenon is observed. The same thing may be seen from the top of Primrose Hill, near Regent's Park, London; from Hampstead Heath; or Shooter's Hill, near Woolwich. If we remain all night, we shall observe the same stars rising towards our position from the north-east, showing that the path of all the stars between ourselves and the northern centre move round the north pole-star as a common centre of rotation; just as they must do over a plane such as the earth is proved to be. It is undeniable that upon a globe zenith stars would rise, pass over head, and set in the plane of the observer's position. If now we carefully watch in the same way the zenith stars from the Rock of Gibraltar, the very same phenomenon is observed. The same is also the case from Cape of Good Hope, Sydney and Melbourne in Australia, in New Zealand, in Rio Janeiro, Monte Video, Valparaiso, and other places in the south. If then the zenith stars of all the places on the earth, where special observations have been made, rise from the morning horizon to the zenith of an observer, and descend to the evening horizon, not in a plane of the position of such observer, but in an arc of a circle concentric with the northern centre, the earth is thereby proved to be a plane, and rotundity altogether disproved--shown, indeed, to be impossible.

3. http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=62199.msg1639362#msg1639362

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 10:55:18 AM by cikljamas »

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2014, 10:56:06 AM »
This tilt thing is driving you bonkers man.

« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2014, 11:01:16 AM »

If the Earth were round, then that would be the case!
How, on any shaped earth, could the sun be visible and not cast a shadow?

if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2014, 11:05:07 AM »

More precisely, if the Earth were rotund then the sun couldn't cast shadows at such wide range (of angles) as it does on the flat Earth!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 11:06:39 AM by cikljamas »

« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2014, 11:08:07 AM »

More precisely, if the Earth were rotund then the sun couldn't cast shadows at such wide range (of angles) as it does on the flat Earth!
Wait, before you were claiming it wouldn't cast any shadows for 4 hours?  You are all over the place.

Rotund Earth Theory - I like it.