Stratellites, unicorns and other fanciful creatures

• 205 Replies

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
Re: Stratellites, unicorns and other fanciful creatures
« Reply #180 on: April 09, 2015, 03:13:13 AM »
I did not say that a study must be false if X.  I said a study is questionable if X.  I then went on to explain how one could then try to determine if it is false. 

No you didn't. Sorry. Try again.

You have to look at each one individually.  Do the results favorably affect an entity?  If so, then where did the funds come from?  etc.

I am trying to work with your learning disability, BiJane, and I am normally a patient guy.  It would just make it so much easier for both of us if you actually made an effort. 

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #181 on: April 09, 2015, 03:15:35 AM »
You have to look at each one individually.  Do the results favorably affect an entity?  If so, then where did the funds come from?  etc.

I am trying to work with your learning disability, BiJane, and I am normally a patient guy.  It would just make it so much easier for both of us if you actually made an effort.

Are you saying a study must be false if it ends up good for the people who commissioned it, or is it actually possible that could happen naturally?
I'm asking for your standards. Unless you're saying "Beneficial, must be untrue," you have not supplied an answer to that.

You could always try making an effort too, you know. This evasion's just bad. Whatever happened to blaming lizardmen?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #182 on: April 09, 2015, 03:20:02 AM »
Whatever happened to blaming lizardmen?

John Davis no longer posts here.  Sadly, it seems that we have lost our chief researcher for "Dinosaur Boat Theory" as well. 

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #183 on: April 09, 2015, 03:21:17 AM »
John Davis no longer posts here.  Sadly, it seems that we have lost our chief researcher for "Dinosaur Boat Theory" as well.

I recall a post where you expressed a firm belief in them, I'm afraid. Would you accept if I found a funded paper explaining how hard it would be for reptilian life to have the neceesary traits?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #184 on: April 09, 2015, 03:24:24 AM »
If I mentioned lizardmen and it was not an obvious joke, then I would be happy if you provided a link. 

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #185 on: April 09, 2015, 03:27:29 AM »
If I mentioned lizardmen and it was not an obvious joke, then I would be happy if you provided a link.

90% of what you post feels like an obvious joke. You'll need to be more specific with your standards. Is your definition of joke "Something I no longer feel like defending," then?

« Reply #186 on: April 09, 2015, 04:28:14 AM »

This is a serious forum.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #187 on: April 09, 2015, 05:15:40 AM »

90% of what you post feels like an obvious joke. You'll need to be more specific with your standards. Is your definition of joke "Something I no longer feel like defending," then?

My definition of joking around is saying something that was not intended to be taken literally or even seriously: like satire.  Does this clear things up for you, BiJane? 

?

BJ1234

« Reply #188 on: April 09, 2015, 10:04:35 AM »

Well, yes it does.  Medical knowledge and techniques are advancing continuously.  Something that could have been missed 80 years ago in a study could be seen today.  Soley on the advances that have been made.  So yes when the study was done matters.

Also, without the link to the study where this is stated, it is not a true citation.  You could easily type something up and attribute it to the AMA.  So please link to the study.

Since my question seemed to get lost in the playful banter between BiJane and Fauxal, I would like to ask jroa again.
Can you please link to this AMA study that you have attributed this quote to?

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #189 on: April 09, 2015, 02:38:42 PM »
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo jroa, you ever going to tell us how you determine which government studies you trust? I mean you obviously go back and forth, so maybe you should actually answer our questions now, how do you decide?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #190 on: April 09, 2015, 02:41:14 PM »
Dog, you are as dense as BiJane.  I answered this question over and over this morning, and I will not waste my evening doing the same thing.  If you want to ask this question again, then do us all a favor and ask it in your head, then go back and read my replies in this thread. 

?

BJ1234

« Reply #191 on: April 09, 2015, 09:16:00 PM »
Dog, you are as dense as BiJane.  I answered this question over and over this morning, and I will not waste my evening doing the same thing.  If you want to ask this question again, then do us all a favor and ask it in your head, then go back and read my replies in this thread.
You have answered that question, but you haven't answered mine. 
Could you please link me to the AMA study that you have previously attributed a quote to?

« Reply #192 on: April 10, 2015, 02:55:21 AM »
If a crack head lives on your block, and has been known to lie, cheat, and steal to support his habit, how much credibility would you give him? 
Does he moderate on this forum?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #193 on: April 10, 2015, 03:28:27 AM »
Could you please link me to the AMA study that you have previously attributed a quote to?

I keep forgetting that some people on this forum are incapable of performing a Google search.

https://public.health.oregon.gov/DiseasesConditions/CommunicableDisease/CDSummaryNewsletter/Documents/2002/ohd5107.pdf

?

BJ1234

« Reply #194 on: April 10, 2015, 06:09:10 AM »

I keep forgetting that some people on this forum are incapable of performing a Google search.

https://public.health.oregon.gov/DiseasesConditions/CommunicableDisease/CDSummaryNewsletter/Documents/2002/ohd5107.pdf
I keep remembering that some people are incapable of supporting their claims unless constantly prodded.
And thank you for proving that point.

This is actually not the study that I asked for, but this does quote said study as you did.  In fact, it also supports my point about how medicine advances over time as more evidence is seen. Thank you jroa for purposefully quoting a study from almost 70 years ago and where, based on information at that time, has been surperceded by studies that are based on current information that is available.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 06:17:43 AM by BJ1234 »

« Reply #195 on: April 12, 2015, 08:50:51 AM »

My definition of joking around is saying something that was not intended to be taken literally or even seriously: like satire.  Does this clear things up for you, BiJane?

jroa, when you say that there is a "shadow object" that accounts for eclipses, do you mean that as a joke?  And when you claim that at least 99.9999% of the world's scientists and government officials are part of a massive conspiracy to lie to everyone else about the true shape of the Earth for inexplicable reasons, is that also one of your jokes?  Because both theories are moronic if you are proposing them seriously.
Sceptimatic is a proven liar - he claims to have authored several books but won't reveal their names.

« Reply #196 on: April 12, 2015, 10:03:43 AM »
If a crack head lives on your block, and has been known to lie, cheat, and steal to support his habit, how much credibility would you give him? 
Does he moderate on this forum?

Oh, Crabby Jim steals Lemmiwink's crown and wins the forum!  :D
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #197 on: April 12, 2015, 10:51:48 AM »
Shadow object is a serious theory, thank you very much.

The Ellimist

• "Let us play a game, Crayak."
« Reply #198 on: April 12, 2015, 11:23:03 AM »

So by definition, everything you post in defense of FE is untrue? K.
Additionally, we cannot entirely rule out the nefarious effects of demons, spirits, gnomes, and wizards on our society's ability to comprehend our flat earth as it really is. 

ausGeoff

« Reply #199 on: April 13, 2015, 10:33:28 AM »

Your Flat Earth Wiki doesn't explain what the proposed "shadow object" consists of jroa, or how it produces the effect of hiding part of the moon's surface at regular intervals.  And despite rigorously searching Google and Wiki I can't find any references at all to its existence.

Can you please elaborate on how you understand the physics of the shadow object to work—where it originated and what type of energy source propels it?

From my point of view, I have to classify it as "fanciful"—unless you can demonstrate otherwise.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #200 on: April 13, 2015, 10:35:45 AM »

Your Flat Earth Wiki doesn't explain what the proposed "shadow object" consists of jroa, or how it produces the effect of hiding part of the moon's surface at regular intervals.  And despite rigorously searching Google and Wiki I can't find any references at all to its existence.

Can you please elaborate on how you understand the physics of the shadow object to work—where it originated and what type of energy source propels it?

From my point of view, I have to classify it as "fanciful"—unless you can demonstrate otherwise.

I did not say I believe it is absolutely true.  I simply stated that it is a serious theory.  Do you not understand the difference? 

« Reply #201 on: April 13, 2015, 10:55:14 AM »

You described Dinosaurs In A Boat as a serious theory. We don't doubt you call it serious, but we've all re-calibrated the definition of serious in our heads for when it's used in one of your posts.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #202 on: April 13, 2015, 11:10:25 AM »
I said that "Dinosaur Boat Theory" was being researched.  I did not say that I believe it to be true, nor did I even say it was a serious theory, although people may have read it that way. 

ausGeoff

« Reply #203 on: April 13, 2015, 11:35:19 AM »
I did not say I believe it is absolutely true.  I simply stated that it is a serious theory.  Do you not understand the difference?

I see you're still playing your snide little word games jroa.  Nothing much changes over time here does it?    ;D

Any rational person who sees a person use the phrase "shadow object is a serious theory, thank you very much" rightly considers that person to believe in their own words, particularly with the four-word emphasis tacked on.

So... can you please elaborate on how you understand the physics of the shadow object to work—where it originated and what type of energy source propels it?

Vauxhall

• dark matter does not exist
« Reply #204 on: April 13, 2015, 11:38:57 AM »
I said that "Dinosaur Boat Theory" was being researched.  I did not say that I believe it to be true, nor did I even say it was a serious theory, although people may have read it that way.

This is new to me. Could you explain "Dinosaur Boat Theory" for me?
Read the FAQS.

« Reply #205 on: April 13, 2015, 02:45:12 PM »

This is new to me. Could you explain "Dinosaur Boat Theory" for me?

No he can't, because he has explicitly stated this is a serious forum and also suggested that Dinosaur Boat Theory is NOT a serious theory.