ANOTHER EXPERIMENT: Gravity Doesn't Exist

• 2289 Replies

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
Re: ANOTHER EXPERIMENT: Gravity Doesn't Exist
« Reply #1170 on: March 18, 2021, 02:06:05 AM »
Or better question Why cant you prove your ideas with a diagram?
Is this the thread where you claimed circles and triangles dont exist?
Show us how a "horizon" is made and how we percieve it at "eye level" regardless of altitude.
Tried them and you did the exact same thing when I did. You tried to play ridicule.
It's just a circle you go in until you get yourself all irate and frustrated, which you bring on yourself.

« Reply #1171 on: March 18, 2021, 02:11:47 AM »
What am I doing here? You could call it researching the reasoning behind alternative thinkers I suppose. I've been fascinated by astronomy all my life so I am naturally interested in finding out about alternative theories about the Universe.

On the other hand you could call it finding entertainment.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1172 on: March 18, 2021, 02:12:03 AM »

No, I can explain them, but see no point in doing so as that would be just another deflection from your inability to explain them.
But as repeatedly shown, I don't need to be able to explain how they work to know that what you are claiming about how they work would produce which are fundamentally different from what is observed in reality.

This is all I ever get off all of you people.
You pee and moan about me not giving you my side (which I do) and argue that I'm wrong, then you are unwilling to show why I'm wrong by showing your side.
The same thing of " Oh I can explain them but why should I", gunk.

Here's the silly thing.
You people know electricity comes from atmosphere.
You know that electricity can make a magnet.
You then deny that atmospheric pressure is not responsible for magnets.

It baffles me why you go to these lengths to deny something which you cannot go on to explain.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1173 on: March 18, 2021, 02:14:15 AM »
You can't explain poles and magnets but you think you can tell me I'm wrong or just throw away any answers I give because they don't suit you

None of us will ever know everything about everything will we. We learn as we proceed through life. So how do we learn? What information do we trust and what don't we trust. Well for me if what I read about something, hear about something or am told about something and that is consistent with my life experience why should I have any doubt that what I have read, heard or am told is wrong? As soon as discrepancies start to appear between what I am told or what I read and my life experience then I will have reason to question it.  Otherwise I can't see why I would have a reason to question it.

You are telling us or appear to be telling us that a magnetic field is caused by air pressure or atmospheric pressure. However my experience of experimenting with magnets and different materials tells me during the course of my life tells me that magnetic fields are caused by properties of the materials concerned and have nothing to do with the air pressure around them.

If you think different then obviously your experience with magnets is different to mine so explain how and why.
Explain how and why a magnet works.

JackBlack

« Reply #1174 on: March 18, 2021, 02:15:37 AM »
No, I can explain them, but see no point in doing so as that would be just another deflection from your inability to explain them.
But as repeatedly shown, I don't need to be able to explain how they work to know that what you are claiming about how they work would produce which are fundamentally different from what is observed in reality.
You mean when you claim that the air is required for magnetism to work and claim that you can explain it with air, we point out that it is BS and explain why, and I don't run along with your distracts, where you request explanations from us just to dismiss them?

You pee and moan about me not giving you my side (which I do) and argue that I'm wrong, then you are unwilling to show why I'm wrong by showing your side.
The point you seem to keep on missing is that we don't need to be able to explain how magnets work to know that your explanation is wrong.
I have clearly explained why your explanation is wrong repeatedly.
I have shown a massive issue for your claims.
Yet you continually refuse to address these massive issues.

Again, I don't need to be able to fully explain how magnets work to show that what is observed in reality directly contradicts what is expected from your model.

No, that is your baseless assertion.
Stop lying about what we allegedly know.

Now stop with the pathetic deflections.
Either explain the observed polarity of magnets using air or admit you can't.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1175 on: March 18, 2021, 02:16:03 AM »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1176 on: March 18, 2021, 02:17:11 AM »
What am I doing here? You could call it researching the reasoning behind alternative thinkers I suppose. I've been fascinated by astronomy all my life so I am naturally interested in finding out about alternative theories about the Universe.

On the other hand you could call it finding entertainment.
You can go to many sites that cater for your thinking so why here?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1177 on: March 18, 2021, 02:18:59 AM »

I think this plainly proves you're not here for anything other than trouble making.

JackBlack

« Reply #1178 on: March 18, 2021, 02:55:40 AM »
What is magnetism?
Who knows.
Exactly.
You claim to, yet you continually refuse to explain.

I think this plainly proves you're not here for anything other than trouble making.
Projecting again I see, and deflecting while you are at it.

So far you are the one continually refusing to explain anything, always avoiding the issues YOU create.
Grow up, stop with the deflections and explain how magnetism works, specifically the polarity, or admit you cannot explain it with air.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1179 on: March 18, 2021, 03:07:00 AM »
What is magnetism?
Who knows.
Exactly.

That's what I've been telling him...and you.

« Reply #1180 on: March 18, 2021, 03:07:52 AM »

I already have remember.  As you are often saying that explanation might not be to your liking but I have explained it according to the best of my knowledge.  Why do I need to know how and why a magnet works anyway?

I don't need to know how a car works to drive one.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1181 on: March 18, 2021, 03:26:40 AM »

I already have remember.  As you are often saying that explanation might not be to your liking but I have explained it according to the best of my knowledge.  Why do I need to know how and why a magnet works anyway?

I don't need to know how a car works to drive one.
So you can stick magnets together but you don't know why they stick...they just do, right?
It has nothing at all to do with atmosphere, they just stick together regardless, right?

Is this your thought process?

« Reply #1182 on: March 18, 2021, 03:35:01 AM »
So you can stick magnets together but you don't know why they stick...they just do, right?
It has nothing at all to do with atmosphere, they just stick together regardless, right?

What are magnets made of?

Why don't brass screws or copper pipes or wire stick together?

Why is it that only things which are made of iron or contain iron stick together?

What is your thought process about the above? Mine would be there seems to be some connection between magnetic fields and iron.  For permanent magnets anyway.  Electromagnets are another matter. But still nothing to do with air or the atmosphere.

If magnetism is caused by the atmosphere why do only ferrous materials seem to create a magnetic effect?

There is a link between electric and magnetic fields as demonstrated by James Clarke Maxwell. The atmosphere is made up of molecules which are made up of atoms which are made up of charged particles. Protons and electrons.

However there are equal numbers of protons and electrons in atoms making up the atmosphere and so the  overall charge is cancelled out. Hence the atmosphere is electrically neutral.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 04:00:26 AM by Solarwind »

JackBlack

« Reply #1183 on: March 18, 2021, 04:24:21 AM »
What is magnetism?
Who knows.
Exactly.
That's what I've been telling him...and you.
By that do you mean you are telling him that you know how they work, or that no one knows how they work and you claiming it is because of air is a blatant lie?

It certainly isn't mine.
Instead it is that not only is there no evidence at all that the magnetic attraction depends on the atmosphere, but also evidence indicating it isn't caused by the air, such as airtight containers or solid objects still allowing the effect of magnets to go through them, even though they prevent the air; objects equally affected by air not being equally affected by magnets, or even more extreme cases where objects more affected by the air are less affected by magnets; the observations of magnets in low pressure, still working just as well even when suction cups (something that actually needs the air) fail; and of course, what you have been avoiding all through this thread since you brought them up, the observed polarity of magnets destroys any hope of them being explicable by air.

Air has no justification at all for why there are 2 poles, where like poles repel and opposite poles attract.

« Reply #1184 on: March 18, 2021, 04:50:46 AM »
You keep asking us to explain things to you but then you dismiss or ignore those explanations because we don't tell you what you want to hear.

I am never going to tell you that magnetism is caused by the atmosphere because in my experience up to now I have seen no evidence which suggests it might be.

You think it is because you can't normally see a magnetic field so to our eyes the only thing that appears to link two magnets is the air between them. So what is this invisible magic force which seems to pull those magnets together you ask. Well scatter some iron filings over the magnets and you will find out as the magnetic field lines become visible.

Replace the magnets with two strips of copper and then scatter iron filings over them. No magnetic field lines.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1185 on: March 18, 2021, 04:55:53 AM »

What are magnets made of?
You mean what can be magnetised?
A few things in terms of holding magnetic effects, like iron and such.

Quote from: Solarwind
Why don't brass screws or copper pipes or wire stick together?
Not structured enough to create a storage and build capture of atmospheric breakdown to funnel like ( pressured vortex) realease.

Why is it that only things which are made of iron or contain iron stick together?
The structure allows greater atmospheric pressure change throughout the structure.

What is your thought process about the above? Mine would be there seems to be some connection between magnetic fields and iron.  For permanent magnets anyway.
Yep. It's all about where the magnetic fields come from.
It's all around us. We actually work from them, as does every other living thing or any energetic moving thing.

Electromagnets are another matter. But still nothing to do with air or the atmosphere.
It's everything to do with the atmosphere.

Where do you think the scrap metal magnets get their magnetism from to pick up ferrous metals?

If magnetism is caused by the atmosphere why do only ferrous materials seem to create a magnetic effect?
Structure.

There is a link between electric and magnetic fields as demonstrated by James Clarke Maxwell. The atmosphere is made up of molecules which are made up of atoms which are made up of charged particles. Protons and electrons.

However there are equal numbers of protons and electrons in atoms making up the atmosphere and so the  overall charge is cancelled out. Hence the atmosphere is electrically neutral.
So basically you're saying we do not get electricity from the atmosphere.
How about you tell me where we get it from, bearing in mind we can use generators and such in atmosphere.

Nice and simple, just explain where we get electricity and we can go from there.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1186 on: March 18, 2021, 04:58:13 AM »

It certainly isn't mine.

You seem to go on like it is.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1187 on: March 18, 2021, 04:59:41 AM »
You keep asking us to explain things to you but then you dismiss or ignore those explanations because we don't tell you what you want to hear.

I am never going to tell you that magnetism is caused by the atmosphere because in my experience up to now I have seen no evidence which suggests it might be.

So tell me what you think it is.
Tell me where it comes from.

You can create a field to gain magnetism so tell me how a field is created.

« Reply #1188 on: March 18, 2021, 05:12:00 AM »
Tell us the relationship between air and magnetsism because all experiments involvig magentism - air is not a factor.

Any example
Name one
Where you change the air and magetism changes.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1189 on: March 18, 2021, 05:15:10 AM »
Tell us the relationship between air and magnetsism because all experiments involvig magentism - air is not a factor.

Any example
Name one
You should've paid attention to my earlier comments and started the jigsaw.

« Reply #1190 on: March 18, 2021, 05:21:34 AM »
How about you tell me where we get it from, bearing in mind we can use generators and such in atmosphere.

Have you ever done anything for yourself or have you just spent your entire life relying on other people to give you all the answers?

Here you go, try this.

https://study.com/academy/lesson/how-does-an-electric-generator-work-lesson-for-kids.html
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 05:24:36 AM by Solarwind »

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #1191 on: March 18, 2021, 05:28:48 AM »

That's because on our side, we have an entire world filled with explanations and data and research that you could easily access and learn about. We don't NEED to teach you personally, you could learn any of it whenever you wanted.

On the other hand.. you are the only person in the world who believes your particular theories. So if you don't explain them... nobody can look them up.

See the difference?

Do your own work.

« Reply #1192 on: March 18, 2021, 05:44:01 AM »

Any example
Name one

Dafuq?
You asked a bunch of questions about voretexes.
You said nothing of substance.
Quit being the riddler and answer

Next time i need a fan motor ill tell the clerk it has to be size XXX vortex and provide ebough friction vibration crush effect.
Im sure ill get what i need.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 05:48:37 AM by Themightykabool »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1193 on: March 18, 2021, 09:06:54 AM »

Have you ever done anything for yourself or have you just spent your entire life relying on other people to give you all the answers?

Here you go, try this.

https://study.com/academy/lesson/how-does-an-electric-generator-work-lesson-for-kids.html
It wants me to create an account to view.
So how about you explain instead of ding the usual stuff of reliance on everything to copy and paste.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1194 on: March 18, 2021, 09:07:39 AM »

Do your own work.
And you need to do your own.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist

JackBlack

« Reply #1196 on: March 18, 2021, 01:28:35 PM »
I clearly explained why it wasn't, and what my thought process actually is.

But your process sure seems to be grabbing any random bit of my post to use it to pretend you have responding, while ignoring the massive issues which show you are completely wrong. Truly pathetic.

Once more, HOW DOES AIR CAUSE THE OBSERVED POLARITY OF MAGNETS SUCH THAT LIKE POLES REPEL AND OPPOSITE POLES ATTRACT?

If you cannot explain that with your model (and especially if it in fact indicates something different should happen), then your model simply does not work.

The very first thing any attempt at explaining magnetism should do, is explain the observed polarity of magnets. If it can't do that, it is DOA.

So tell me what you think it is.
Tell me where it comes from.
Or, how about you stop deflecting and we continue to deal with the air to see if that is where it comes from?

Follow your own advice.
If you had honestly paid attention before you would have realised your jigsaw simple doesn't fit together and you should have discarded it long ago.

Not structured enough to create a storage and build capture of atmospheric breakdown to funnel like ( pressured vortex) realease.
Yet they happily interact with magnetic fields (specifically changing ones) and can generate magnetic fields from the passage of electricity. So your claim yet again makes no sense.

It's everything to do with the atmosphere.
Stop just asserting the same refuted BS.
Justify your BS.
Explain the observed polarity of magnets in terms of atmosphere.
If you can't, then there is no reason to think magnetism is caused by the air.

So basically you're saying we do not get electricity from the atmosphere.
We can also use generators inside a house, or other building. Does that mean the electricity produced by the generator is magically produced by the building? NO!

More importantly, we can also see that fuel of some form is required. The closest you get to not needing that is a wind turbine.
But even then it isn't simply air magically converting into electricity.
Instead, you have a generator which rotates by moving a magnet relative to a conductor.

Nice and simple, just explain where we get electricity and we can go from there.
Or, nice and simple, just explain how air causes the observed polarity of magnets, and we can go from there.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #1197 on: March 18, 2021, 02:41:36 PM »

Do your own work.
And you need to do your own.

I've done all of YOUR work for you so far, being the only one of us to actually perform your experiments.

Nobody but you knows how your theories work, so it doesn't matter how hard I work if you can't explain them.

Put some effort in, don't be so lazy.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1198 on: March 19, 2021, 02:12:05 AM »
I clearly explained why it wasn't, and what my thought process actually is.

Actually you didn't.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1199 on: March 19, 2021, 02:12:55 AM »

I've done all of YOUR work for you so far, being the only one of us to actually perform your experiments.

Nobody but you knows how your theories work, so it doesn't matter how hard I work if you can't explain them.

Put some effort in, don't be so lazy.
How about you put some honest effort in.