What would change your mind?

• 4496 Replies
Re: What would change your mind?
« Reply #4470 on: April 21, 2021, 11:56:03 PM »
Define scope

« Reply #4471 on: April 21, 2021, 11:58:50 PM »

The following is based on a flat plane. No curve for you to misinterpret.

Getting back to your argument with the globe. It would always  convexly curve away and down from your level view.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4472 on: Today at 12:10:55 AM »
You are shown the tube doesnt compress anything.
I never said the tube did.
I said the tube gives you tunnel vision.
I said distance compresses the view, meaning the light back to your eyes being overcome by the light closer to your eyes.

Quote from: Themightykabool

Far = small is resultant of angles and the eyeball being a pinhole camera.
Your eye creates the angle as an end product. That's it.
The light that's reflected is not angled. Itgives the appearance if being angled because of your eye which acts like a funnel for it.

Quote from: Themightykabool

Thats it.
Super simple.

Acknowledge its existence.

This is taking way longer than it nesds to.
It's taking longer because you don't know what you're trying to say.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4473 on: Today at 12:13:34 AM »

« Reply #4474 on: Today at 12:15:53 AM »
Ok wow
We possibly have a new definition for scope.

« Reply #4475 on: Today at 12:21:56 AM »

With the tube 6ft high, the centre of the tube (the red line) would be 6ft high on the tree :-
We can also see the top of the tree 24 ft above the red line

And here with the tube 24ft high, the centre of the tube (the red line) would be 24ft high on the tree :-
We can also see the bottom of the tree 24 ft below the red line

The ground is still visible as we can still see the base of the tree.

Looking out to sea creates a THEORETICAL horizon line.

There is no line.

« Reply #4476 on: Today at 12:26:53 AM »
Ok wow

Can we attempt to differentiate scope from field of view?

Is scope meaning that a lense inside a tube (exterior from the naked eye)?
Or even a lense in general tube/ notube?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4477 on: Today at 02:27:14 AM »
Ok wow
Not really. It just depends on how you see the word, scope and what you think it means to you.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4478 on: Today at 02:28:35 AM »

With the tube 6ft high, the centre of the tube (the red line) would be 6ft high on the tree :-

And here with the tube 24ft high, the centre of the tube (the red line) would be 24ft high on the tree :-

There is no line.

The ground would not be visible through a tube set at 6 feet in height

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4479 on: Today at 02:54:42 AM »
Ok wow

Can we attempt to differentiate scope from field of view?

Is scope meaning that a lense inside a tube (exterior from the naked eye)?
Or even a lense in general tube/ notube?
Scope ....FOV.....you choose.

« Reply #4480 on: Today at 03:16:44 AM »
There are no contradictions.
There you go deflecting yet again.

Again if you want to claim there are no contradictions how about you just answer the questions provided?
As they clearly show your contradictions.
You refuse to answer, because they will again show that you have been contradicting yourself.

You are looking through a level tube, 1 inch in diameter, and 10 inches long, towards an object 1 mile away.
How far below the tube can you see at this 1 mile distance and WHY?
If there is a tree that has its base 6 ft below the line straight from the tube, and passing through the tube level, can you see the base of the tree?
Note this is referring to the physical size of the object, not any compressed size by your vision.

Is it like you first claimed, where you claimed you can only see the 1 inch of tube tube?
Or if the tube is 6 ft above the ground can you magically see that 6 ft, but no more?
Or something else?

How do you determine just how much you can see?

And as for your actual posts showing the contradiction, how about this one, and the posts around it/related to it, where you clearly admit that you can see the ground even though it is below the tube. And this includes that the tube is 6 ft above the ground and the base of the tree is thus 6 ft below the tube.
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=87127.msg2312325#msg2312325

Yet in this post:
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=87127.msg2313712#msg2313712
You lie and claim you haven't already admitted that.

You refuse to answer the simple question because it will either take us straight back to the tree where you will then contradict yourself yet again, or you will directly expose your contradiction.

Now again, answer the simple question.
You have a tube that is 10 inches long and 1 inch in diameter.
It is level. You are looking directly through it with your eye at the middle of the tube height wise. How far below the tube can be seen at 1 mile?
Can you see the base of a tree at 1 mile distance, if you are on a flat surface, with the tube 6 ft above this surface, and the base of the tree also on this flat surface and thus 6 ft below the eye line?

I have no need to give up.
Because unlike some people, you don't care about the truth and are quite happy to continually lie and use whatever dishonest BS you can to prop up your irrational hatred of the globe.
If you had any shred of honesty you would have given up long ago and admitted you were wrong.

So we go straight back to the tree. Are you claiming we cannot see the base of the tree 1 mile away over flat ground, through a level tube 6 ft above the ground?

Even though you have previously stated that you have never had an issue with that?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4481 on: Today at 03:18:24 AM »
There are no contradictions.
There you go deflecting yet again.

No deflecting here.
All I see is attacking from you in your frenzied state.
You need to calm down.

« Reply #4482 on: Today at 03:43:38 AM »
No deflecting here.
Is that why yet again you refuse to answer a simple question and instead just insult me?
This insults are a pathetic deflection.

Again, if there was no deflecting you would have answered.
You need to stop deflecting and actually start addressing the questions that have been asked.

Again:
You have a tube that is 10 inches long and 1 inch in diameter.
It is level. You are looking directly through it with your eye at the middle of the tube height wise. How far below the tube can be seen at 1 mile?
Can you see the base of a tree at 1 mile distance, if you are on a flat surface, with the tube 6 ft above this surface, and the base of the tree also on this flat surface and thus 6 ft below the eye line?

« Reply #4483 on: Today at 04:39:42 AM »

There is no line.

So we're back to this :-

The tree just floating in the sky, and you recommend that people test this for themselves? Just how accurate do I have to be? I can't get it to work. I must be within an inch of 6ft and have checked with two different levels, but I just can't make the ground disappear. Please, what am I doing wrong?

And i'm confused
After all the dodging and by having someone else do all the work. We finally have an understanding of how sceppy thinks we see, through a tube at the least. We can plainly see that it is wrong. He can plainly see that it is wrong. I don't think sceppy really believes it but he sees it as a dodge for being able to see the ground, but for that to work we are back to flying trees.
 or
Not flying trees, at all.

« Reply #4484 on: Today at 05:00:49 AM »
Wide view of an area.
The 'scope' is the area we can see is it?  I take my telescope (or scope) and I use three eyepieces with it.  Now I point it (the 'scope') to the Moon and with the highest power eyepiece (shortest focal length) I can see a small region of the lower half (as we look at it) of the Moons disk. Next I take the medium power eyepiece and I can see a larger region of the lower half of the lunar disk. I would say my field of view is larger. Finally I take the low power eyepiece and now I can see the whole of the Moons disk through the telescope. So the low power eyepiece or longest focal length eyepiece gives me the biggest field of view and hence the best eyepiece for scanning or searching.

I would call the telescope itself the 'scope' while the area of sky I can see through the eyepiece is my field of view.  The low power eyepiece gives me a wider view (scope?) than the higher power eyepiece.
« Last Edit: Today at 05:03:43 AM by Solarwind »

« Reply #4485 on: Today at 05:07:13 AM »
And if we can see the ground.

Yep, what's the issue?
No issue. You have finally answered the question of 'can we see the ground below the tree?'.
I never had any issue with it in the first place.

Holycrap?
Was this done in PM?
And he is bringing this as his own evidnece afainst his claims.
Amazing!

See how nice it is to have a picutre to clarfiy your word salad?

Scepti finally agrees that we can see the ground.  And it only took 144 pages.
I never denied it in this instance.

My stance is still 100% firm.

No, it wasn't.
I never claimed the ground couldn't be seen.

There's no contradictions.

« Reply #4486 on: Today at 05:20:00 AM »
Ok wow
Not really. It just depends on how you see the word, scope and what you think it means to you.

Scope
Telescope
Sniper scope
The thing that isq used to increase ability to see things from very far away using lenses.
Very real things and commonly known and understiod by regular people when spoken in the context of seeing things far away.

As opposed to the definition of say the "scope of supply chain" where there is a vast majority of items, but my portion willl be limited few items i am able or required.

Be Like a normal human who uses language to communicate.
If i called you a dumbass, all here would consider this an insult, but ahaaa ive changed the meaning.
And it will take you all 50pg of back and forthing until i reveal my changed meaning.

Just kidding.
It means exactly what a google search will tell you it menas.
« Last Edit: Today at 05:35:24 AM by Themightykabool »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4487 on: Today at 07:12:46 AM »
No deflecting here.
Is that why yet again you refuse to answer a simple question and instead just insult me?

The insulting is coming from you.
Anyone will tell you I'm answering.
The problem you have is in accepting the answer whether you believe it or not.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4488 on: Today at 07:14:32 AM »

There is no line.

The tree just floating in the sky, and you recommend that people test this for themselves? Just how accurate do I have to be? I can't get it to work. I must be within an inch of 6ft and have checked with two different levels, but I just can't make the ground disappear. Please, what am I doing wrong?

And i'm confused

You're confused because you deliberately confuse yourself.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4489 on: Today at 07:16:38 AM »
Wide view of an area.
The 'scope' is the area we can see is it?  I take my telescope (or scope) and I use three eyepieces with it.  Now I point it (the 'scope') to the Moon and with the highest power eyepiece (shortest focal length) I can see a small region of the lower half (as we look at it) of the Moons disk. Next I take the medium power eyepiece and I can see a larger region of the lower half of the lunar disk. I would say my field of view is larger. Finally I take the low power eyepiece and now I can see the whole of the Moons disk through the telescope. So the low power eyepiece or longest focal length eyepiece gives me the biggest field of view and hence the best eyepiece for scanning or searching.

I would call the telescope itself the 'scope' while the area of sky I can see through the eyepiece is my field of view.  The low power eyepiece gives me a wider view (scope?) than the higher power eyepiece.
Yep the telescope is a scope and yes yo can see the light magnified within that scope.

Now go and do it with a tube.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4490 on: Today at 07:18:04 AM »
Ok wow

Scope
Telescope
Sniper scope
The thing that isq used to increase ability to see things from very far away using lenses.
Very real things and commonly known and understiod by regular people when spoken in the context of seeing things far away.

As opposed to the definition of say the "scope of supply chain" where there is a vast majority of items, but my portion willl be limited few items i am able or required.

Be Like a normal human who uses language to communicate.
If i called you a dumbass, all here would consider this an insult, but ahaaa ive changed the meaning.
And it will take you all 50pg of back and forthing until i reveal my changed meaning.

Just kidding.
It means exactly what a google search will tell you it menas.
Feel free to call me what you want in any language you see fit to call me.
I promise I won't cry.

« Reply #4491 on: Today at 07:18:45 AM »
No deflecting here.

Youre not answering
Youre deflecting and dodging.

And the insulting is coming from me and bored.
Maybe you feel insulted that jackb is calling you a liar?

Maybe instead of pleading for acceptance why not provide answers?

The eyeball has a retina and works like a pinhole camera and the angles created by the light entering the eye explains why close = big and far = small.

Yes?

Good

It happens in the eye and tu-tubes doesnt change the fact the eyeball is an eyeball.

Words used are as defined in the conventional sense Unless i suffix a word with ***denP, everyone should be under that assumption the traditional use of a word is being used.
If you are confused as to the meaning of a word, feel free to google the meaning.
If you choose to use your own definiton, please let us know and use the suffix moniker ***denP

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4492 on: Today at 07:32:47 AM »
No deflecting here.

Youre not answering
Youre deflecting and dodging.

And the insulting is coming from me and bored.
Maybe you feel insulted that jackb is calling you a liar?

Maybe instead of pleading for acceptance why not provide answers?

The eyeball has a retina and works like a pinhole camera and the angles created by the light entering the eye explains why close = big and far = small.

Yes?

Good

It happens in the eye and tu-tubes doesnt change the fact the eyeball is an eyeball.

Words used are as defined in the conventional sense Unless i suffix a word with ***denP, everyone should be under that assumption the traditional use of a word is being used.
If you are confused as to the meaning of a word, feel free to google the meaning.
If you choose to use your own definiton, please let us know and use the suffix moniker ***denP
You'll get what you're given and you'll like it or lump it.

« Reply #4493 on: Today at 08:07:05 AM »
glad we're working together.

« Reply #4494 on: Today at 08:17:34 AM »

« Last Edit: Today at 08:19:54 AM by Bored »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4495 on: Today at 09:49:53 AM »

Go and set up your foot long tube at around 6 feet and level it.
Now look through it and tell me what you see.

« Reply #4496 on: Today at 11:50:13 AM »
Now go and do it with a tube.
What? Look at the Moon with a tube.  OK give me a length and diameter of the tube you would like me to use. How will the Moon look any different looking through a tube compared to looking at it without the tube. A simple tube has no magnifying property so the Moon will look exactly the same size.

I could just take the lenses out of the telescope I guess.
« Last Edit: Today at 11:51:53 AM by Solarwind »