ANOTHER EXPERIMENT: Gravity Doesn't Exist

• 2289 Replies
Re: ANOTHER EXPERIMENT: Gravity Doesn't Exist
« Reply #300 on: February 10, 2021, 06:15:09 AM »
Calculus is a very real thing used to explain multidimensional math.
Its very useful in predicting things.
A very real a verifiably prediction of things that you cant seem to produce.
And all the while you insult its existence, you cant say one way or another why its wrong.
Meanwhil, in the other thread, you cant even grasp the concept of a triangle.
Three sides.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #301 on: February 10, 2021, 06:37:30 AM »

Like I said, it's like swinging a bucket of water around, only the plane is the swinger.
The swinging bucket explanation requires inertia.

Inertia doesn’t exist, remember?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #302 on: February 10, 2021, 10:40:34 AM »
Honestly? We don't explain it top you because you have a track record of simply ignoring it and not even trying to understand it.
I'd say you lot have a track record of playing games, so shall we argue that and you can tit for tat me and then we can have a dig over other stuff?
Or maybe you can explain what a gravimeter does from your own knowledge and use of one.....or, at least explain why you know it works as they tell you, without just saying " oh I just know it."

I'd say I have a track record of actually performing experiments and showing my results. 

I also find it EXTREMELY ironic that you of all people are accusing others if saying "I just know it" when that's your ENTIRE argument here.

LOL.

Quote from: JJA

Why would anyone take the time to carefully explain something complex after you respond like that? Why bother taking you seriously?

You don't have to respond to me. You choose to. Feel free to deck out when you're ready. I'm not holding you to ransom for any input.

You just demand people explain things to you instead of looking them u0p.  If you're honestly curious you can learn this stuff yourself you know.

It's obvious you want people to explain things so you can just say they are wrong because "I just know it"

The information is out there.  If you can't understand how a gravimeter works, and looking it up still leaves you confused... that's not anyone's problem but your own.
I could look up all kinds of stuff to do with dinosaurs and galaxies and black holes and...well, you know. So am I supposed to just accept that as truth?

See, you did it again.  If you don't accept any of this, why ask for it to be explained?  You already stated you simply reject it, so what god will it do?

Just a transparent attempt to make people explain concepts so you can say it's wrong because "I just know it"

How are you supposed to just accept is as truth?  You have to answer that one for yourself.

If you are unable or unwilling to learn things on your own, then any debate with you is just going to be throwing mild insults back and forth.
I'm more than willing to learn but I'd prefer to learn about the potentials for what our reality actually is.
I'm trying to do that and none of it involves a globe....as you know. It also doesn't involve gravity, as you know.

You are willing to absorb whatever you believe comes from authority. You'll argue black and blue that you believe it because you've done the calculations what were handed to you and will argue that those calculations fit in with what those in authority told you.

You know in your heart and mind that you are simply parroting.

No, you are clearly NOT interested in learning.  You just said above you disbelieve anything about dinosaurs and galaxies and black holes and gravity and the shape of the earth and pretty much the entirety of science. If it doesn't fit in whatever fantasyland you constructed inside your head, you reject it. For some reason you decided gravity isn't real, and that's that. No amount of explaining can fix that.

And who handed you your knowledge? Oh right... "I just know it"

« Reply #303 on: February 10, 2021, 11:50:45 AM »
I could look up all kinds of stuff to do with dinosaurs and galaxies and black holes and...well, you know. So am I supposed to just accept that as truth?

Yes you could. Because all the information and evidence relating to dinosaurs and galaxies has been very well documented by a lot of different and independent sources and is freely available over the Internet.

Where on the other hand can we look up any information and evidence relating to your 'model' of the Earth?  Other than from what you say you have documented but which no one seems to be able to find and you won't point us to?  You call yourself a 'Flat Earth Scientist'.  The aim of science is to understand nature of the physical world and the Universe as a whole.  In your case you don't seem to know much at all about your Earth and you bluntly deny that anything beyond the atmosphere even exists so that counts the Universe as a whole out.  So how do you justify labelling yourself as a flat Earth 'scientist'?  When are you going to start doing some flat Earth 'science' so you can figure out some of even the most basic facts about whatever it is you believe?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 11:53:10 AM by Solarwind »

JackBlack

« Reply #304 on: February 10, 2021, 11:53:09 AM »
I think Scepti is saying that although the amount of the atmosphere displaced by any 2 objects with identical volume (and differing weight) is the same, the amount of atmosphere they move around as they move ( the amount of atmosphere they, newly, displace/move) is different - which is their proposed mechanism for the "equal opposite" demonstration on the skateboard/dolly.
What he is actually claiming is that a low density object actually displaces less air as the internal structure has loads of air in it, and that the amount of air displaced perfectly correlates to the mass/weight of the object.

The problem is that even if you accept that completely false assumption, it still doesn't explain inertia.
He has admitted that at least for a water tight object, they would displace the same (or negligibly different) amounts of water. So the air displaced by it moving on the outside of the 2 objects are the same, so the only air left is the air inside the object.
That means that the lighter object displaces more air when it moves.

If scepti (and others) is correct, then the recoil in a vacuum will always be nothing and there are intuitive/logical/rational musings/reasoning on why this might be the case.
Can you provide any of that?
Because I see no reason for inertia to magically not exist in a vacuum. We know it is not air resistance, as that acts in a fundamentally different way, where the resistance is based upon velocity and is 0 for a velocity of 0, and is highly dependent upon the shape of the object as that affects the aerodynamics, meanwhile inertia is not 0 when the velocity is 0 and doesn't depend on the aerodynamics of the object.

It also makes very little sense for an object to have no inertia as that would mean it could accelerate for no reason at all, and it violates the conservation of energy as it means you could accelerate an object with no energy input.

And you have the problem of those same kind of people rejecting the existence of a vacuum and instead claiming that there will always be some air and that allows it to act as if it was just a normal atmosphere.

and many demonstrations exist to, at least potentially, challenge this assertion
Do you mean Scepti's assertion?
Or mainstream science? If the latter, care to provide one?

The most important thing about this claim is that it can be relatively easily put to the test, and this question (unlike the vast majority of them on this site) can actually be answered instead of the profitless endless flapping of the gums.
And like all the other evidence that shows he is wrong, he would just dismiss it, even if you managed to get past the fundamental issues of if a vacuum can exist.
Here you go:

(Note, it is in slow motion).

Notice how the ball smashes into the crate? That is inertia.
If your claim is true and it being in a vacuum means there is no inertia, it should just reach the crate and stop, without denting the crate at all.
Likewise, the feathers should just stop rather than being bent and then bouncing back.

« Reply #305 on: February 10, 2021, 07:16:16 PM »
Gravity doesn't exist? Ok. Well arn't I the fool? Whatever will I do with my gravimeter and all my books on gravimetry?  ???

Sceptimatic, did you say you were having a garage sale soon?
How about you briefly and simply explain how your gravimeter works then.

Tell me how you use it and then tell me way it works.
I'm sure you can do this....right?

Yes, ofcourse I can. To cut a long story short, a gravimeter works by making a measurement of a mass pulling down on a spring, at a location. The measurement is compared against a reference location.

A friend of mine who works in the mines, uses a gravimeter to identify mineral deposits under the ground. Mineral deposits cause a change in local gravity.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #306 on: February 10, 2021, 09:09:40 PM »

Now again, can you explained observed inertia with your denp nonsense?
What the hell is inertia?
Observed inertia?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #307 on: February 10, 2021, 09:13:53 PM »
The exterior volume is the atmosphere.
I was trying to use a word to clearly indicate I mean what post people think of as volume so you stop pretending the volume is different. The point is the amount of air around the object displaced is basically the same. You have admitted that with your comments regarding the displacement of water.
No I have not admitted to anything like it.
Here you go again, twisting.
Mr twister.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #308 on: February 10, 2021, 09:16:44 PM »
Calculus is a very real thing used to explain multidimensional math.
Its very useful in predicting things.
A very real a verifiably prediction of things that you cant seem to produce.
And all the while you insult its existence, you cant say one way or another why its wrong.
Meanwhil, in the other thread, you cant even grasp the concept of a triangle.
Three sides.
By all means make stuff up to suit yourself. It has absolutely no bearing on my thoughts.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #309 on: February 10, 2021, 09:18:15 PM »

Like I said, it's like swinging a bucket of water around, only the plane is the swinger.
The swinging bucket explanation requires inertia.

Inertia doesn’t exist, remember?
It can exist if you want to be clear about it in a sense of, inertia is simply another word for, resistance.
Would this be fair enough?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #310 on: February 10, 2021, 09:19:42 PM »

Who handed you, yours?
And also, what is knowledge?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #311 on: February 10, 2021, 09:33:29 PM »

Yes you could. Because all the information and evidence relating to dinosaurs and galaxies has been very well documented by a lot of different and independent sources and is freely available over the Internet.
Harry Potter books have all been well documented.

Quote from: Solarwind
Where on the other hand can we look up any information and evidence relating to your 'model' of the Earth?
Probably on here over the years.

Other than from what you say you have documented but which no one seems to be able to find and you won't point us to?  You call yourself a 'Flat Earth Scientist'.
It depends what you want to see. If you're looking for facts then I've stated time and time again I don't pass my model off as factual. I pass it off as a possibility.

The aim of science is to understand nature of the physical world and the Universe as a whole.
No. Science is the reality. The aim of a scientists is to figure out that reality.
We are arguing exactly that. Whether scientists have figured it all out. I don;t believe they have, in many cases, by what we're told.
Maybe it's deliberate or maybe they just don't know.

In your case you don't seem to know much at all about your Earth and you bluntly deny that anything beyond the atmosphere even exists so that counts the Universe as a whole out.
I know enough to convince myself to carry on tweaking it.
I may never know the reality. I'll likely not know the full reality.
What I will know is, gravity is nonsense and so is a spinning globe we walk upon.
The rest is up for scientific research.

So how do you justify labelling yourself as a flat Earth 'scientist'?
I thought it was easier than labelling myself as a flattish Earth with rough terrain and under a dome, scientist.

When are you going to start doing some flat Earth 'science' so you can figure out some of even the most basic facts about whatever it is you believe?
Already done.
Water level absolutely nails it in one.
The rest is just added in for spice.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #312 on: February 10, 2021, 09:37:39 PM »
Gravity doesn't exist? Ok. Well arn't I the fool? Whatever will I do with my gravimeter and all my books on gravimetry?  ???

Sceptimatic, did you say you were having a garage sale soon?
How about you briefly and simply explain how your gravimeter works then.

Tell me how you use it and then tell me way it works.
I'm sure you can do this....right?

Yes, ofcourse I can. To cut a long story short, a gravimeter works by making a measurement of a mass pulling down on a spring, at a location. The measurement is compared against a reference location.

A friend of mine who works in the mines, uses a gravimeter to identify mineral deposits under the ground. Mineral deposits cause a change in local gravity.
You're not really saying anything, at all.
Just admit you have no clue.

JackBlack

« Reply #313 on: February 10, 2021, 11:02:40 PM »
Stop playing dumb and answer the question.
We have been over what inertia is countless times.
It is a resistance to change in motion, i.e. a resistance to acceleration.

Can your nonsense explain it?
If not, can you admit you can't?

The exterior volume is the atmosphere.
I was trying to use a word to clearly indicate I mean what post people think of as volume so you stop pretending the volume is different. The point is the amount of air around the object displaced is basically the same. You have admitted that with your comments regarding the displacement of water.
No I have not admitted to anything like it.
Yes, you have:
First of all the water displacement in that scenario would be almost identical. Almost. To the eye and to the scale it will likely show little to no discrepancy.

It can exist if you want to be clear about it in a sense of, inertia is simply another word for, resistance.
Would this be fair enough?
No, it isn't fair enough.
Inertia describes a specific type of resistance. It is not simply resistance, but resistance to a change in motion.

When are you going to start doing some flat Earth 'science' so you can figure out some of even the most basic facts about whatever it is you believe?
Already done.
Water level absolutely nails it in one.
The rest is just added in for spice.
You sure do love repeating the same lie.
Water level nails your coffin shut, showing clearly that Earth is not flat, such as by how an observer, above water level, can look out over a large body of water at another object, also well above water level, yet be unable to see the bottom of the object and the water obscures the view. Clearly showing the water is curved.

Just admit you have no clue.
Follow your own advice. Admit you have no clue and have no reason at all for thinking Earth is flat or isn't round, and that your nonsense has no chance of describing relaity.

« Reply #314 on: February 10, 2021, 11:14:52 PM »
@jackblack

What he is actually claiming is that a low density object actually displaces less air as the internal structure has loads of air in it, and that the amount of air displaced perfectly correlates to the mass/weight of the object.

They are saying both things.  The air isn't "exactly" displaced by anything but the encapsulated thin skin of the beach ball, as it is filled with the fluid it would otherwise displace (by volume) - semantically/technically/conceptually I think this is arguable - though moot.

The real crux of the claim is that the beach ball causes less imbalance in the fluid of the air which then causes the recoil effect.  The reason for this, as far as I can tell, in scepti's conception and most everyone else's - is the weight/matter of the object. Scepti's conceptions of density/weight and the equal-opposite recoil effect being atmospheric pressure effects (at least in part. I don't think it is anyone's claim that weight is caused purely or even chiefly by atmospheric pressure.) no doubt color/flavor that view in novel ways.

That means that the lighter object displaces more air when it moves.

I don't know what you are getting at / mean.   In your view, the lighter object displaces the same amount at rest and in motion, at any given instant (unless there is significant deformation).  I think scepti's view is the same, however the amount of air that is moved by both objects - purely externally mind you - is different because of their weights.  Scepti's conceptions on the cause of weight may differ greatly, but I don't think they are really waging war on inertia in the way you might imagine.

Can you provide any of that?

I'm definitely not the right person to do that, as I am not a proponent personally. That said, some of the reasonings I have seen described are

1. The ball and the observer (at rest or in motion together) are one "system"/"inertial frame".  In order for the ball to influence the motion of the observer, it MUST come from an external system.  This is by definition in the newtonian laws themselves - arguably.
2. Connected to #1, in order for the "ejected mass" to have any impact on the motion of the observer, the force from the thrown object must have influenced an object in an external system which then influenced the observer by proxy.

I am not saying that the reasonings or rationales are flawless, but they exist and are somewhat defensible.  All things are possible in discussion and imagination (not so much in reality, which is what the rigorous experimental validation in the scientific method is intended/required to determine)

And you have the problem of those same kind of people rejecting the existence of a vacuum and instead claiming that there will always be some air and that allows it to act as if it was just a normal atmosphere.

For many objects, that is true - they fall much the same in partial vacuum (the best we can do, and likely - can be achieved even in theory) and normal atmospheric conditions.   However, just because we can't get rid of absolutely every last bit of air in a vacuum chamber, doesn't mean we can't learn a lot about that air's influence by altering the amount!

Or mainstream science? If the latter, care to provide one?

I meant to my claim, which I think is a logical consequence of scepti's position as I currently understand it and so a part of "scepti's claim", that there ought to be no recoil in a vacuum if it is true that the recoil effect is purely caused by air.  I do not have a demonstration of recoil not existing in a vacuum, though there are some compelling arguments / reasonings from some in regards to chemical rockets along these lines.  Vapor pressure is important for combustion, and when all the air is gone - the vapor pressure needed for combustion isn't there.

I think a demonstration of recoil in a vacuum (not involving gas) would effectively refute that the recoil effect is purely caused by air and strongly suggest that chemical rockets, if designed properly for extremely low vacuum, do actually function without air.

I thought it would be trivial to find such a video demonstration, but alas.  Do you know of one?

And like all the other evidence that shows he is wrong, he would just dismiss it, even if you managed to get past the fundamental issues of if a vacuum can exist.

They certainly could dismiss anything, but I don't think that is what scepti is doing.  They are just using non-standard definitions and conceptions, and that is the root of the miscommunication from what I've seen.

If your claim is true and it being in a vacuum means there is no inertia, it should just reach the crate and stop, without denting the crate at all.
Likewise, the feathers should just stop rather than being bent and then bouncing back.

The claim about inertia is yours.  I expect it is based on misinterpretation of what scepti said, but in any case I think your perception of a "war against inertia" is only taking place in your head, and no one is making the claim that different objects don't have different weights (in fact, that is the presumptive reason for the recoil effect whether you think it is the third law or some sort of misunderstood air pressure / fluid dynamics effect - scepti's position isn't really intelligible without this common posit).
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 11:21:55 PM by jack44556677 »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #315 on: February 10, 2021, 11:15:07 PM »

Ok, so as long as we know inertia is just resistance.

So, what exactly do you want me to explain?

« Reply #316 on: February 11, 2021, 12:19:41 AM »
I thought it was easier than labelling myself as a flattish Earth with rough terrain and under a dome, scientist.

OK Mr flat Earth scientist.  Tell me then.  What is this dome you keep on about made of then?  What is its diameter?  What is its thickness?  How old is it compared to the Earth?  Who made it?  Does it rotate or is it stationary?  Has anyone got any physical evidence that it even exists?

JackBlack

« Reply #317 on: February 11, 2021, 02:12:08 AM »
The real crux of the claim is that the beach ball causes less imbalance in the fluid of the air which then causes the recoil effect.  The reason for this, as far as I can tell, in scepti's conception and most everyone else's - is the weight/matter of the object.
No, Scepti specifically rejects the matter of the object and instead pretends it is just the air around it.
Most people accept that it is the matter of the object and the air is negligible unless it is a quite low density object.
Likewise, for the air, most people realise that the matter the object is made of doesn't matter, instead it is the shape and aerodynamics. The actual material only comes into it at the very surface where depending on the texture you can have the air stick to it or slide past it.

I don't think it is anyone's claim that weight is caused purely or even chiefly by atmospheric pressure.
That is pretty much Skepti's claim, that the object displaces air and that magically pushes back to push the object down. Except in the cases where it magically decides to push it up.

I don't know what you are getting at / mean.   In your view, the lighter object displaces the same amount at rest and in motion, at any given instant
I'm getting at the MOTION, so not in any instant.
i.e. if it is in one location, and you move it to another, you need to move the air around it, and in Scepti's world (and for a hollow, air filled object in reality), the air inside it.
This means you displace more air by moving a hollow object, and the best you could get is the same amount of air displaced.
This means the denser/heavier object is not displacing more air and thus has no reason to have a greater resistance according to Scepi.

I don't think they are really waging war on inertia in the way you might imagine.
Yes, he is, to try to claim you need air to push against.
This is so he can pretend that rockets couldn't possibly work in a vacuum (even though he claims that vacuums don't exist) to pretend that all of science is wrong and Earth is flat.

1. The ball and the observer (at rest or in motion together) are one "system"/"inertial frame".  In order for the ball to influence the motion of the observer, it MUST come from an external system.  This is by definition in the newtonian laws themselves - arguably.
That is no by definition in the Newtonian laws. That is pure nonsense with basically no connection to those laws, promoted by those who want to dismiss what they don't like from modern science.

The fact that you can isolate it into a ball and observer shows that they are 2 systems/objects.
This means that you can have 1 apply a force to the other and move both.

Any "system" can typically be broken down into multiple smaller "systems".
You can isolate the ball and the observer as 2 systems. You can further divide the ball into its various parts, all the way down to the atoms and even smaller parts.
You can also go the other way and combine small systems into a larger one, such as combing it into a system containing everything on Earth, or even the entire universe.

If that nonsense was correct, nothing would ever be able to move as you would always be able to combine the object being accelerated and the object applying the force into a single system.

What you need something external for is to accelerate the centre of mass of the system.
If you don't have any external force, the centre of the mass needs to remain moving at a constant rate (which can be 0).

2. Connected to #1, in order for the "ejected mass"
And thus still just as broken, and in fact, even helps to show how broken it is.
The fact that you can eject mass, shows #1 is pure nonsense.
Ejecting that mass requires applying a force to accelerate it and thus will result in a force being applied back to whatever object did the acceleration.

I am not saying that the reasonings or rationales are flawless, but they exist and are somewhat defensible.
They are indefensible, at least if you require defensible to be rational and honest and not just ignore the evidence available on a daily basis that shows it is wrong.

For many objects, that is true - they fall much the same in partial vacuum (the best we can do, and likely - can be achieved even in theory) and normal atmospheric conditions.   However, just because we can't get rid of absolutely every last bit of air in a vacuum chamber, doesn't mean we can't learn a lot about that air's influence by altering the amount!
That is ignored by people like Skepti. They come up with all sorts of excuses for why changing the amount of air not affecting something not refuting the air being the cause.
Even ignoring the fact that things weigh more in a vacuum due to the lack of buoyant force as if it doesn't refute the idea that air causes weight.

I do not have a demonstration of recoil not existing in a vacuum, though there are some compelling arguments / reasonings from some in regards to chemical rockets along these lines.
Again, care to provide any? Because I am yet to hear of any compelling arguments or reasoning to show that. Instead I just see repeated assertions which cannot be defended in any way.

Vapor pressure is important for combustion
Which is an entirely separate argument to recoil.

I thought it would be trivial to find such a video demonstration, but alas.  Do you know of one?
I provided one showing inertia in a vacuum.

They certainly could dismiss anything, but I don't think that is what scepti is doing.
Then you should go look at the other threads, where he dismisses photographic evidence as fake merely because it shows he is wrong.
He then uses whatever excuse he can to either ignore or dismiss logical arguments which show he is wrong.

scepti's position isn't really intelligible without this common posit).
No need to add in a "without" qualifier.

JackBlack

« Reply #318 on: February 11, 2021, 02:13:53 AM »

It is not JUST RESISTANCE!
It is resistance to change in motion.
Do you understand that?

What I want you to explain has been made abundantly clear, why the resistance to change in motion (i.e. inertia) is always proportional to the mass of the object and has nothing to do with how much air is displaced by moving it, why it has nothing to do with the area of the object which can have a pressure applied to it, nor the aerodynamics of the object, and can you provide a justification for why the air should cause resistance but the object itself?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #319 on: February 11, 2021, 03:51:14 AM »

OK Mr flat Earth scientist.  Tell me then.  What is this dome you keep on about made of then?  What is its diameter?  What is its thickness?  How old is it compared to the Earth?  Who made it?  Does it rotate or is it stationary?  Has anyone got any physical evidence that it even exists?
Wrong topic.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #320 on: February 11, 2021, 03:56:23 AM »

It is not JUST RESISTANCE!
It is resistance to change in motion.
Do you understand that?

Yep, it is a resistance to change in motion, meaning the object resists any energy that could make it alter its movement.
Simply, resistance.
If its not just resistance then feel free to tell me what inertia actually is.

« Reply #321 on: February 11, 2021, 04:44:48 AM »
Wrong topic.

You mentioned the 'dome' so I am asking you to tell me more about this so-called dome. What is keeping this dome in place?  If not gravity (since you say it doesn't exist) then what?

Why is it that whenever you are asked for any specific details about anything you make claims about you immediately try to deflect it away? To use a phrase that you love to aim at others so much, why don't you simply admit you actually have no clue about anything you claim to believe in? 
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 04:49:46 AM by Solarwind »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #322 on: February 11, 2021, 05:48:56 AM »
Wrong topic.

You mentioned the 'dome' so I am asking you to tell me more about this so-called dome. What is keeping this dome in place?  If not gravity (since you say it doesn't exist) then what?

Why is it that whenever you are asked for any specific details about anything you make claims about you immediately try to deflect it away? To use a phrase that you love to aim at others so much, why don't you simply admit you actually have no clue about anything you claim to believe in?
Why don't you?

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #323 on: February 11, 2021, 05:51:31 AM »

Who handed you, yours?

I learned my by being taught and verifying what I can, and being able to look objectively at the world and judge sources and see the results of all the knowledge I have been told and taught. Cell phones and computers work pretty well, and if science was all wrong then how do we build such things?

You seem to just make things up.  You just know it.  I see evidence, some others collect, some I collect.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #324 on: February 11, 2021, 05:53:10 AM »

Who handed you, yours?

I learned my by being taught and verifying what I can, and being able to look objectively at the world and judge sources and see the results of all the knowledge I have been told and taught. Cell phones and computers work pretty well, and if science was all wrong then how do we build such things?

You seem to just make things up.  You just know it.  I see evidence, some others collect, some I collect.
What have you verified?

« Reply #325 on: February 11, 2021, 06:25:43 AM »
It depends what you want to see. If you're looking for facts then I've stated time and time again I don't pass my model off as factual. I pass it off as a possibility.

Yeah right... That's why you keep going on time and time again about silly global nonsense is it?  Possibility my a**e.  You have already made your mind up about it all.  Trouble is when asked for details of whatever it is you believe in you can't come back with any.  All you ever say is it has already been explained elsewhere but you then can't give any details of where 'elsewhere' is either.  But anything other than what you believe in is dismissed as silly nonsense. 

I admit.. I don't know anything about this dome that you insist exists.  That's why I am asking you to tell me at least something about it.  What is it?, where did it come from, what is it made of?, how do you know it actually exists?

The sky looks like a big dome in that you can turn through 360 degrees in azimuth from N back to N again and there are 180 degrees of altitude from 0 to 90 and back to 0 again.  That produces the perception of a dome to you as an observer.  But it doesn't mean there actually is a dome.  As it says on brittania.com

'Celestial sphere, the apparent surface of the heavens, on which the stars seem to be fixed.'

You seem to be mis-understanding apparent with actual.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 06:39:15 AM by Solarwind »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #326 on: February 11, 2021, 07:15:08 AM »

Yeah right... That's why you keep going on time and time again about silly global nonsense is it?  Possibility my a**e.  You have already made your mind up about it all.  Trouble is when asked for details of whatever it is you believe in you can't come back with any.  All you ever say is it has already been explained elsewhere but you then can't give any details of where 'elsewhere' is either.  But anything other than what you believe in is dismissed as silly nonsense. 

I admit.. I don't know anything about this dome that you insist exists.  That's why I am asking you to tell me at least something about it.  What is it?, where did it come from, what is it made of?, how do you know it actually exists?

The sky looks like a big dome in that you can turn through 360 degrees in azimuth from N back to N again and there are 180 degrees of altitude from 0 to 90 and back to 0 again.  That produces the perception of a dome to you as an observer.  But it doesn't mean there actually is a dome.  As it says on brittania.com

'Celestial sphere, the apparent surface of the heavens, on which the stars seem to be fixed.'

You seem to be mis-understanding apparent with actual.
Pm me if you want to ask questions on it.....or set up a topic specific to you     with what you want from me.

« Reply #327 on: February 11, 2021, 07:15:28 AM »

The sky looks like a big dome in that you can turn through 360 degrees in azimuth from N back to N again and there are 180 degrees of altitude from 0 to 90 and back to 0 again.  That produces the perception of a dome to you as an observer.  But it doesn't mean there actually is a dome.

The dome is theoretical. 

« Reply #328 on: February 11, 2021, 08:41:03 AM »
Pm me if you want to ask questions on it.....or set up a topic specific to you     with what you want from me.

I was specific about what I would like to know about this dome.  Or at least about what this dome is in your opinion.

Where did this dome come from? What is it made from?, Who or what made it?,Is it rotating or static? How big is it? What physical evidence is there that it exists?

No need to PM you about it.  These are open questions so neither of us has anything to hide from anyone else.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #329 on: February 11, 2021, 08:51:15 AM »

I was specific about what I would like to know about this dome.  Or at least about what this dome is in your opinion.

Where did this dome come from? What is it made from?, Who or what made it?,Is it rotating or static? How big is it? What physical evidence is there that it exists?

No need to PM you about it.  These are open questions so neither of us has anything to hide from anyone else.