ANOTHER EXPERIMENT: Gravity Doesn't Exist

• 2289 Replies

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
Re: ANOTHER EXPERIMENT: Gravity Doesn't Exist
« Reply #1920 on: May 11, 2021, 05:23:09 AM »

The reason I keep saying you haven't answered, is because you haven't.

The reason I say I have, is because I have.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1921 on: May 11, 2021, 05:57:50 AM »

You're not yet ready to learn about gravity.

Ok, I'll take that as you having no clue.

« Reply #1922 on: May 11, 2021, 06:00:34 AM »

And your equal refusal to show us anything of substance wih your theory leads us to the same conclusion.

« Reply #1923 on: May 11, 2021, 06:15:56 AM »

NO, take it as you won't understand it because it involves maths, geometry and plain old English words. As you lack understanding in these underlying concepts, you are not yet ready to try to understand gravity.
You won't understand it, you don't want to understand it.

And its a deflection to avoid answering his alternative theory.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1924 on: May 11, 2021, 07:20:33 AM »
you are not yet ready to try to understand gravity.

You are clearly not ready to understand it either, because you know it's nonsense and can't be explained with anything meaningful.

Mikey T.

« Reply #1925 on: May 11, 2021, 02:18:01 PM »

So nice and simple for you:
Gravity is downwards force.
Buoyancy, which is caused by the downwards force of gravity, is an upwards force.
Ok then, very simply explain what the downward pressure is that you call, gravity.
As stupidly simply as I can put it. 
Energy warps spacetime, matter is effectively concentrated energy, spacetime is what matter exists in, so matter follows spacetime, so in effect matter attracts matter.  More matter/energy occupying less spacetime warps spacetime more. 

JackBlack

« Reply #1926 on: May 11, 2021, 02:48:39 PM »
The reason you say you have, rather than actually providing these answers, is because you have no answers, you cannot answer the simple questions which show your claims are BS.

Again, if you actually had answers you would provide them rather than merely claiming to have already done so.

Stop claiming to have already provided the answers and actually provide them.
Again, by what magic does your magical air magically maintain a magical pressure gradient?
By what magic does this magical air of yours magically make the pressure gradient proportional to weight of the fluid?
By what magic does this magical air magically stop the magical high pressure region from decompressing and pushing up the low pressure region above?
By what magic does the magical low pressure air above magically push down an object into a much greater force/resistance of the magical high pressure below?
By what magic does this magical air then magically decide to magically push up some objects instead of magically pushing them down?
By what magic does the air push things down and then resist that downwards motion so differently?

« Reply #1927 on: May 11, 2021, 02:55:56 PM »

Buoyancy, which is caused by the downwards force of gravity, is an upwards force.
Ok then, very simply explain what the downward pressure is that you call, gravity.
Energy warps spacetime, matter is effectively concentrated energy, spacetime is what matter exists in, so matter follows spacetime, so in effect matter attracts matter.  More matter/energy occupying less spacetime warps spacetime more.

Too abstract
Focus on denP
Hes deflecting

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1928 on: May 11, 2021, 09:31:52 PM »

And your equal refusal to show us anything of substance wih your theory leads us to the same conclusion.
That's absolutely fine.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1929 on: May 11, 2021, 09:36:38 PM »

You absolutely do not know what the hell you are typing except to copy the books.
You do not even know what any of that means in terms of reality.

Let's see if you do.

You say, energy warps space time.
Just explain nice and simple how energy (what form) warps (what is warped?) space time (what is space time?).

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1930 on: May 11, 2021, 09:37:18 PM »
The reason you say you have, rather than actually providing these answers, is because you have no answers, you cannot answer the simple questions which show your claims are BS.

All answered.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1931 on: May 11, 2021, 11:15:45 PM »

This has all been answered.

Do you understand the concept of inertia? Do you agree with the following definition?

Inertia is the resistance of any physical object to any change in its velocity. This includes changes to the object's speed, or direction of motion.
Ok so inertia is simply a resistance to motion.
I'm absolutely fine with that.

Quote from: Bored
An aspect of this property is the tendency of objects to keep moving in a straight line at a constant speed, when no forces act upon them.
Well, this does not and cannot happen so if inertia is included in this then it's nonsense.

I accept inertia in the first instance but not in this one.
Constant velocity can not and never will be a thing. It defies the laws of physics and goes into the realms of story telling magical fantasy.

or will you just go into a hysterical rant of claiming it doesn't exist?
No ranting here, nor hysterical. I'm merely pointing out the flaws you hand out.

Do you understand the concept of momentum? Do you agree with the following definition?

Momentum can be defined as "mass in motion." All objects have mass; so if an object is moving, then it has momentum - it has its mass in motion. The amount of momentum that an object has is dependent upon two variables: how much stuff is moving and how fast the stuff is moving.

or will you just go into a frantic diatribe of claiming it doesn't exist?
Momentum is fine but you only get momentum if enough energy is applied to create it and you get an exact amount of reaction to the action.

Do you understand the concept of Constant velocity?
There is no reality in it.
I understand the fantasy/magic of the story.
It's depicting any mass being able to stay a supposed constant motion without any resistance to that motion.

It's fantasy.

Do you even accept mass as a thing?
Yep. Mass is everything, so I have no issue going along with that.

and yet you think you're ready to learn about gravity.
I have no clue what gravity is. Do you?
Is it so complicated that you think I can't learn it or is it that you have no clue what it is and are just trying your best to side step it?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1932 on: May 12, 2021, 03:07:59 AM »
I have no clue what gravity is. Do you?
Is it so complicated that you think I can't learn it or is it that you have no clue what it is and are just trying your best to side step it?

Yes, I think it so complicated that I think you can't learn it, because you're already arguing the definitions of the words used in a description of gravity.

As long as I know you do not know what gravity is then I'm happy with that.
You are free to argue against my theory but you have nothing to back it up.

Constant velocity can not and never will be a thing. It defies the laws of physics and goes into the realms of story telling magical fantasy.
Explain this, what law of physics does this break?
It depends on what you deem as, a law of physics.
If you think a group of people decide the law then that law can be made to cater for anything and everything, whether it's a truth of a fiction/fantasy.

Do you believe the laws of physics hold true?

If the laws of physics are natural laws then yes they hold true, only for the truth of them.
In the case of constant velocity, it does not hold true so is not a natural law of physics.

No I don't know what gravity is, No one does. There are theories, yours is that it's air pressure.
Yep, they are theories but are passed off as fact and you go with that based on nothing more than the story.
Atmospheric pressure is real and can be shown to work in many many ways, physically.
What people like you decide to accept is entirely your choice.
Gravity is nothing more than an allegiance to a faith.

Newton thought it was because mass attracts mass.
Mass attracting mass means nothing unless it's explained.

Einstein thought it was because space-time became warped in the presence of mass.
Warped space can easily be construed as displaced atmosphere.
What the hell space-time is, is anyone's guess unless you can simply explain it.
If warped space is to do with the so called vacuum, then explain how a vacuum can be warped.

Both Newtons and Einsteins theories define mathematical equations that can be used to make predictions that can be tested.
Mathematical equations as in, how?....what?
What are these equations and how do they account for the argument?

Can your model predict anything?
It all depends.
I'd say my experiments can destroy a spinning globe quite easily and also the notion of so called, space....etc.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 03:10:02 AM by sceptimatic »

« Reply #1933 on: May 12, 2021, 03:26:26 AM »
Gravity is something we experience and all of our observations to date suggest that gravity is a property of mass which pulls on other masses by an amount which is proportional to the product of the masses concerned and inversely proportional to the square of the distance.  That is something we can test.

We don't need to know what gravity is to experience it and not knowing everything about what something is or isn't doesn't mean (as you are so eloquently telling us all the time) that gravity is a load of nonsense.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1934 on: May 12, 2021, 03:47:02 AM »
Gravity is something we experience and all of our observations to date suggest that gravity is a property of mass which pulls on other masses by an amount which is proportional to the product of the masses concerned and inversely proportional to the square of the distance.  That is something we can test.

How about giving me an example of how you would go out and test this to show me gravity exists.

Quote from: Solarwind
We don't need to know what gravity is to experience it and not knowing everything about what something is or isn't doesn't mean (as you are so eloquently telling us all the time) that gravity is a load of nonsense.
Actually you do need to know if you're calculating it and supposedly being so accurate with it.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1935 on: May 12, 2021, 04:01:05 AM »

Three laws of physics, the laws of motion.
*An object will remain at rest or in a uniform state of motion unless that state is changed by an external force.
This is totally fiction.
This is a made up law that has no realistic bearing on anything and I mean, anything.

Two reasons.

1. No object/mass is ever at rest and is always acted upon by an external force.

2. An object cannot stay in any motion unless it is acted upon by an external force and an object cannot stay in uniform motion because it is always acted upon by an external. force.
There is always resistance, no matter what.

*Force is equal to the change in momentum (mass times velocity) over time. In other words, the rate of change is directly proportional to the amount of force applied.
Basically if you apply a force to a mass you move  that mass.
The more force applied the more movement of the mass.
I have no issue with this.

*For every action in nature there is an equal and opposite reaction.
I have absolutely no issue with this, either.

Your claim is that constant velocity defies the laws of physics, you cited the 'laws of physics'. Which of the 'laws of physics' does constant velocity defy?
The natural laws of physics.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1936 on: May 12, 2021, 04:23:27 AM »

*An object will remain at rest or in a uniform state of motion unless that state is changed by an external force.
This is totally fiction.
This is a made up law that has no realistic bearing on anything and I mean, anything.

Two reasons.

1. No object/mass is ever at rest and is always acted upon by an external force.

2. An object cannot stay in any motion unless it is acted upon by an external force and an object cannot stay in uniform motion because it is always acted upon by an external. force.

Do you agree with the definition or not? No one said there isn't "always acted upon by an external force".
There is no unless.

« Reply #1937 on: May 12, 2021, 05:08:12 AM »
Bored
Youve been trolled into trying to talk advanced phd on phd physcis with a guy who cant make a circle.

KISS.

« Reply #1938 on: May 12, 2021, 06:13:39 AM »
If you think a group of people decide the law then that law can be made to cater for anything and everything, whether it's a truth of a fiction/fantasy.
We don't get to decide what the laws of physics are.  They are immutable.  IOW, you can't just redefine something to suit you narrative.

Mike
Since it costs 1.82¢ to produce a penny, putting in your 2¢ if really worth 3.64¢.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1939 on: May 12, 2021, 06:50:45 AM »

This is totally fiction.

Two reasons.

Do you agree with the definition or not? No one said there isn't "always acted upon by an external force".
There is no unless.
Your inability to imagine a hypothetical situation where there are no external forces acting on an object is a serious problem that you really should address some time soon.  The ability to identify and isolate individual forces acting on an object is absolutely critical to the physical sciences and engineering.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #1940 on: May 12, 2021, 06:51:16 AM »
How about giving me an example of how you would go out and test this to show me gravity exists.
I did that ages ago but as always and as usual, as you do with everyone else who attempts to give you an example, you dismissed it. It's even easier than one of your 'simple experiments'.

I get it that you believe you can explain 'gravity' as atmospheric pressure and you are welcome to that opinion. But the full picture is just a bit bigger than that.  Too big it seems for your simple little mind to comprehend.

I say simple little mind because you are always asking for 'simple explanations' that 'this dummy' can understand.  So there is evidence in those words to support the belief that you have a simple little mind.  Unfortunately not everything in life is as simple to understand or explain as we might like it to be.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 07:15:00 AM by Solarwind »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1941 on: May 12, 2021, 07:42:58 AM »
An object will remain at rest or in a uniform state of motion  that state is changed by an external force.

That doesn't make sense.

Do you understand velocity? Does your house have a velocity, with respect to the ground it is on?
I consider that to be at rest, with a velocity of 0. Even though both your house and the ground it's on are moving.(spinning and hurtling through SPACE.)
The ground and the house is always moving and never at constant velocity.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1942 on: May 12, 2021, 07:44:20 AM »
We don't get to decide what the laws of physics are.  They are immutable.  IOW, you can't just redefine something to suit you narrative.

Mike
Correct.
Now you need to understand that and apply it to something that cannot be done, which is constant velocity,
It does not exist so isn't obviously any law of physics.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1943 on: May 12, 2021, 07:49:22 AM »
Your inability to imagine a hypothetical situation where there are no external forces acting on an object is a serious problem that you really should address some time soon.
Already addressed.
Imagining a hypothetical situation is all well and good but you cannot apply it to real physics.

Quote from: markjo

The ability to identify and isolate individual forces acting on an object is absolutely critical to the physical sciences and engineering.
No issue with that but you need to identify those forces actually acting on an object, which is then ideal for physical sciences and engineering.

Your constant velocity imagines a so called environment where there are no resistant forces.
It's no good for reality but fantastic for fantasy.

« Reply #1944 on: May 12, 2021, 07:51:02 AM »
Velocity is a vector quantity comprising of speed in a given direction. So if something is moving at constant speed in a a constant direction then it is moving by definition with constant velocity.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1945 on: May 12, 2021, 07:51:33 AM »
I did that ages ago but as always and as usual, as you do with everyone else who attempts to give you an example, you dismissed it. It's even easier than one of your 'simple experiments'.

I get it that you believe you can explain 'gravity' as atmospheric pressure and you are welcome to that opinion. But the full picture is just a bit bigger than that.  Too big it seems for your simple little mind to comprehend.

I say simple little mind because you are always asking for 'simple explanations' that 'this dummy' can understand.  So there is evidence in those words to support the belief that you have a simple little mind.  Unfortunately not everything in life is as simple to understand or explain as we might like it to be.
Another one who can't explain, so goes into this mode.
Honestly, I just sit back and ....well....I don't know whether I'm smirking or sitting bemused, or whatever.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1946 on: May 12, 2021, 07:52:33 AM »
Velocity is a vector quantity comprising of speed in a given direction. So if something is moving at constant speed in a a constant direction then it is moving by definition with constant velocity.
But nothing is moving at a constant speed in a constant direction so there is no constant velocity.

« Reply #1947 on: May 12, 2021, 07:54:41 AM »
Honestly, I just sit back and ....well....I don't know whether I'm smirking or sitting bemused, or whatever.
Well I just hope you are sitting comfortably with your smirking, bemusement or whatever.  I'm actually bordering on a smile whenever I read whatever it is you are going to come up with next.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1948 on: May 12, 2021, 07:56:18 AM »
So is your house moving with respect to the ground it is on?
Yep.

How fast does it go?
How fast is expansion and contraction?

Can you steer it?
Only if I put it on the back of a big truck.

Does it go up and down?
Yep and horizontally all around it.

Does it make it hard for the mailman?
Only if I lock the gate or install a strong spring on the letter box.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1949 on: May 12, 2021, 07:56:54 AM »
Well I just hope you are sitting comfortably with your smirking, bemusement or whatever.  I'm actually bordering on a smile whenever I read whatever it is you are going to come up with next.
I wouldn't have known that so thanks for letting me know.