ANOTHER EXPERIMENT: Gravity Doesn't Exist

• 2289 Replies
Re: ANOTHER EXPERIMENT: Gravity Doesn't Exist
« Reply #1020 on: March 11, 2021, 11:56:29 AM »
A full explanation usually takes more than one sentence made up of a few words.  Which is about as much as we ever get from Sceptimatic.  So if he would like us to start believing he had better start explaining a bit more than he has so far.

JackBlack

« Reply #1021 on: March 11, 2021, 12:30:09 PM »
What showed you, what?
Stop playing dumb.
You know exactly what.
By honestly and logically trying to piece together your jigsaw, I arrived at things which in no way match reality, such as the polarity of magnets.

You won't until you understand how atmospheric pressure causes magnetism and all of the means in which it works because of.
And we wont understand that until you can explain how atmospheric pressure can cause the observed polarity of magnets.
But you wont, because it is impossible to get it to do so, so you wont even try to address it. Instead you will do whatever you can to avoid it.

What you need to understand is that not everything is caused by your magic air.

Doesn’t your model have atmospheric flow through the magnet, from high pressure on the ‘inlet’ side to low pressure on the ‘outlet’ side?
I assumed his model has the magnets act like a tube with a pump in the middle.
This pump moves the air to create a region of low pressure on the inlet side and to expel the air out to create a region of high pressure on the outlet side.
This air then flows around the magnet in a cycle.

« Reply #1022 on: March 11, 2021, 07:17:57 PM »
@solarwind

How then is photolysis  related to magnetism? Imagine you are a tutor for a course I am doing and I have asked you to explain it to me. Why does the process of photolysis only create a magnetic effect in certain metals and not others? 

Scepti is (or seems to be) describing how air pressure differential is the cause of magnetism.

My interpretation of what they are saying is that the magnets function relies on pressure differential - not just of the gas that is "expected" in the room, but also smaller (more permeable) things that those gasses break into via processes such as electrolysis/magnetolysis/photolysis etc.

As for your second question, I think it is supposed due to the structure of the substance itself (much like in the presumptive view, where atomic/molecular alignment is presumed to cause magnetism in ways we plainly do not understand) - but this is really a question only Scepti can answer.

I am very much trying, along with you, to understand it myself.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1023 on: March 11, 2021, 11:33:46 PM »

What is a pressure flow, as compared to an airflow?

Don’t really understand this part, is it possible to explain the difference in your model clearly and simply?
Electricity is a pressure flow. It's a friction/vibration.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1024 on: March 11, 2021, 11:38:43 PM »
You won't until you understand how atmospheric pressure causes magnetism and all of the means in which it works because of.
You think a bit of wind is your way of arguing. You'll get nowhere with that mindset.

Well that will take a long time because in conventional physics magnetism and atmospheric pressure are not in any way related.  Changes in air pressure is what causes the wind.  It has nothing to do with magnetism.

So you had better start explaining how and why there is a connection between atmospheric pressure and magnetism.  Why does magnetism only relate to certain metals if it is caused by atmospheric pressure?

When some magnets are subject to immense pressure geologically that can have an effect on the magnetic field but that is not pressure due to atmospheric pressure. 

So I will never understand how atmospheric pressure causes magnetism unless you explain because you are the first person I know of ever to make the connection.  That leads me to suspect one of two outcomes.  Either you are a total genius or you are totally wrong.
Like I told you. Get your head on and start thinking and then start your jigsaw.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1025 on: March 11, 2021, 11:40:11 PM »
Super interesting and easily and experimentally testable properties

Air has static pressure  (barometric) and dynamic pressure (wind).
Are you intro ing a new pressure property?

E Motors generate magnetic fields when electricty is passed - is electrcity a property of air?
What about air and electricity requires a it in copper but in rare earth metals nothing?
Now you're thinking.
Have a word with solarwind and show him the small piece you've put in.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1026 on: March 11, 2021, 11:43:23 PM »
What showed you, what?
Stop playing dumb.
You know exactly what.
By honestly and logically trying to piece together your jigsaw, I arrived at things which in no way match reality, such as the polarity of magnets.

And we wont understand that until you can explain how atmospheric pressure can cause the observed polarity of magnets.
But you wont, because it is impossible to get it to do so, so you wont even try to address it. Instead you will do whatever you can to avoid it.

What you need to understand is that not everything is caused by your magic air.

Doesn’t your model have atmospheric flow through the magnet, from high pressure on the ‘inlet’ side to low pressure on the ‘outlet’ side?
I assumed his model has the magnets act like a tube with a pump in the middle.
This pump moves the air to create a region of low pressure on the inlet side and to expel the air out to create a region of high pressure on the outlet side.
This air then flows around the magnet in a cycle.
I do have some admiration for you.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1027 on: March 11, 2021, 11:44:44 PM »
@solarwind

How then is photolysis  related to magnetism? Imagine you are a tutor for a course I am doing and I have asked you to explain it to me. Why does the process of photolysis only create a magnetic effect in certain metals and not others? 

Scepti is (or seems to be) describing how air pressure differential is the cause of magnetism.

My interpretation of what they are saying is that the magnets function relies on pressure differential - not just of the gas that is "expected" in the room, but also smaller (more permeable) things that those gasses break into via processes such as electrolysis/magnetolysis/photolysis etc.

As for your second question, I think it is supposed due to the structure of the substance itself (much like in the presumptive view, where atomic/molecular alignment is presumed to cause magnetism in ways we plainly do not understand) - but this is really a question only Scepti can answer.

I am very much trying, along with you, to understand it myself.
Bravo. At least you are trying and doing a decent job of it.

« Reply #1028 on: March 12, 2021, 12:10:09 AM »
Super interesting and easily and experimentally testable properties

Air has static pressure  (barometric) and dynamic pressure (wind).
Are you intro ing a new pressure property?

E Motors generate magnetic fields when electricty is passed - is electrcity a property of air?
What about air and electricity requires a it in copper but in rare earth metals nothing?
Now you're thinking.
Have a word with solarwind and show him the small piece you've put in.

it was a question back to you.
answer it.

« Reply #1029 on: March 12, 2021, 12:33:04 AM »
Like I told you. Get your head on and start thinking and then start your jigsaw.

Like I asked you... explain how magnetism and air/atmospheric pressure are related. Instead of making pointless comments like this why don't you give me some information about your alternative theory about how magnetism works.  I understand how it works in the conventional sense but that involves the atomic configuration of the material itself. That provides a logical explanation for why only some materials are magnetic and not others.

However since everything is surrounded by air, then if your theory is correct then all materials should show a magnetic effect?  But they don't.  Why not?  For example out of my window I can see a wooden fence with a public path alongside.  If magnetism is caused by air/atmospheric pressure why aren't the passers by pulled to and anchored to the fence by the change in air pressure as they walk by?  As time goes by the air pressure outside is changing all the time but I have never noticed the fence gain or lose any magnetic effects.

If you would prefer to keep this and all other aspects of your theory to yourself as your little secret then fine but if you are going to propose to others that the Earth is not a globe and all of physics is wrong then that is pretty profound and you had better be prepared for a lot of questions coming your way because come they will!

answer it.
On the one hand Sceptimatic accuses us of just accepting what we are told (being indoctrinated) and never questioning anything and then when we do ask questions to him we never get any answers!   Go figure!  I interpret that as never accept anything that we are told from the 'silly nonsense globalists' but it is OK to accept everything we are told by him because Sceptimatic of course is always right.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 02:13:36 AM by Solarwind »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1030 on: March 12, 2021, 06:17:01 AM »

Like I asked you... explain how magnetism and air/atmospheric pressure are related. Instead of making pointless comments like this why don't you give me some information about your alternative theory about how magnetism works.  I understand how it works in the conventional sense but that involves the atomic configuration of the material itself. That provides a logical explanation for why only some materials are magnetic and not others.

However since everything is surrounded by air, then if your theory is correct then all materials should show a magnetic effect?  But they don't.  Why not?  For example out of my window I can see a wooden fence with a public path alongside.  If magnetism is caused by air/atmospheric pressure why aren't the passers by pulled to and anchored to the fence by the change in air pressure as they walk by?  As time goes by the air pressure outside is changing all the time but I have never noticed the fence gain or lose any magnetic effects.

If you would prefer to keep this and all other aspects of your theory to yourself as your little secret then fine but if you are going to propose to others that the Earth is not a globe and all of physics is wrong then that is pretty profound and you had better be prepared for a lot of questions coming your way because come they will!

answer it.
On the one hand Sceptimatic accuses us of just accepting what we are told (being indoctrinated) and never questioning anything and then when we do ask questions to him we never get any answers!   Go figure!  I interpret that as never accept anything that we are told from the 'silly nonsense globalists' but it is OK to accept everything we are told by him because Sceptimatic of course is always right.
I'm not always right but thanks for the pick me up.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #1031 on: March 12, 2021, 06:29:48 AM »

Don’t really understand this part, is it possible to explain the difference in your model clearly and simply?

The simple way to explain electricity is by the movement of charge by electrons.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 09:06:13 AM by sokarul »
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #1032 on: March 12, 2021, 06:55:47 AM »

I still don’t understand what a ‘pressure flow’ is in your thoughts. 

Can you explain it better?

« Reply #1033 on: March 12, 2021, 07:37:39 AM »
So why do we not get a magnetic field wherever there is a difference in air pressure?  The alignment - or more precisely spin of electrons in types of atoms is the cause of magnetism.

Bravo. At least you are trying and doing a decent job of it.
AKA you agree with me so you must be right.

I'm not always right but thanks for the pick me up.
You're welcome.  Now how about you respond to my other request about you explaining how air/atmospheric pressure is related to magnetism.

Really.  Flow of what exactly and where does the pressure come from?  How would you measure this pressure?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 08:59:21 AM by Solarwind »

JackBlack

« Reply #1034 on: March 12, 2021, 03:37:47 PM »
While you could hypothetically describe it as pressure, it is not atmospheric pressure and it is certainly not friction/vibration.
That hampers the flow of electricity, which is why the conductivity of metals decrease with increasing temperature.
This shows it is fundamentally different to friction/vibration.

Now again, care to explain the polarity of magnets in your model, or admit you can't?

« Reply #1035 on: March 12, 2021, 05:04:13 PM »
Well
If air makes magnets mag, then there must be a testable inherent property that can be isolated as a variable.

« Reply #1036 on: March 13, 2021, 12:59:14 AM »

Strange how Sceptimatic always maintains he doesn't put over anything he believes in as factual and yet this statement seems to imply factual to me.   

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1037 on: March 13, 2021, 02:31:49 AM »

The simple way to explain electricity is by the movement of charge by electrons.
Now you have to understand why movement occurs to become what you see as a charge.
Can you go through it?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1038 on: March 13, 2021, 02:42:11 AM »

I still don’t understand what a ‘pressure flow’ is in your thoughts. 

Can you explain it better?
Imagine a sponge ball in a tunnel. A perfect fit. Now imagine sponge balls behind that and all pushing into each other to an outlet where the compression into each other is always there but minimal due to the exit point at the tunnel end and a wider area in which to expand.
Now imagine shutting that exit off but the feed to the tunnel from the other end is consistent.

You create a bigger compression throughout the tunnel to the end.
The compression will eventually stay consistent if the energy applied is consistent from the feed end.

Open the exit and you have a surge of pressure at both ends. One that's pushed to the front and the other that is backed up from the energy applied. A potential energy.

« Reply #1039 on: March 13, 2021, 02:42:53 AM »
This movement of electrons which creates a flow of electric charge is achieved through electromotive force.  Electromotive means motion of electrons.  The EMF is created from a potential difference but I cannot find anywhere which uses explicitly the word pressure to explain how this potential difference is driven.  So perhaps you could explain your take on that?

You have said it is a pressure flow.  But how?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1040 on: March 13, 2021, 02:48:09 AM »
Really.  Flow of what exactly and where does the pressure come from?  How would you measure this pressure?
A flow of atmospheric molecules that are heat expanded to crash into each other after being broken down to hydrogen like decay.
Basically you strip the molecules of their once gobstopper like status to bring out the super compressed centres of those atmospheric molecular skin bubbles (if you like) to super expand and be recompressed by their absolute masses into a squeeze into whatever material can hold them without much escape.
Hence, you have a build up of electricity and magnetism as a result.

« Reply #1041 on: March 13, 2021, 02:51:07 AM »
Your tunnel and sponge ball analogy is interesting and would work a bit like a 'jack in a box'.  But the main topic of this discussion at the moment is magnetism and how that is created by air/atmospheric pressure. 

How have we suddenly found ourselves squashing sponge balls into a tunnel?

A flow of atmospheric molecules that are heat expanded to crash into each other after being broken down to hydrogen like decay.
Basically you strip the molecules of their once gobstopper like status to bring out the super compressed centres of those atmospheric molecular skin bubbles (if you like) to super expand and be recompressed by their absolute masses into a squeeze into whatever material can hold them without much escape.

OK fair enough.  You are still introducing different forms of energy into this without explaining where that energy is coming from.  For example what your talking about would work over very short periods of time but then the whole process would have to be recreated somehow so it happened all over again in a continuous cycle.  I cannot see what mechanism in your explanation would do that.

Conventional physics uses chemical changes in a battery for example to create and sustain the EMF.  Why is that not good enough for you as an explanation? Seems a lot simpler to me.

A permanent magnet has nothing to do with pressure or electrical energy as such. 
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 02:58:35 AM by Solarwind »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1042 on: March 13, 2021, 02:54:39 AM »
While you could hypothetically describe it as pressure, it is not atmospheric pressure and it is certainly not friction/vibration.
That hampers the flow of electricity, which is why the conductivity of metals decrease with increasing temperature.
This shows it is fundamentally different to friction/vibration.

Now again, care to explain the polarity of magnets in your model, or admit you can't?
Take a bit of notice why your lights work and why resistors work.

The more you hamper  high energy flow the more friction/vibration/frequency is created as a result.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1043 on: March 13, 2021, 02:55:29 AM »
Well
If air makes magnets mag, then there must be a testable inherent property that can be isolated as a variable.
Keeping air as your dig in just keeps you in your shell...unless you do it deliberately.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1044 on: March 13, 2021, 02:58:21 AM »

Strange how Sceptimatic always maintains he doesn't put over anything he believes in as factual and yet this statement seems to imply factual to me.
It's my thought process by my own experiments.
You take that as you want to take it.
When I state things as 100% fact and you can prove different with your own facts, then you have a legitimate argument.
My theories and thoughts by experiments are exactly that. I will give them out as and when and by how little or much is requires for people to get a grip of.
This doesn't really apply to you because you bitterness hampers you.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1045 on: March 13, 2021, 02:59:11 AM »
This movement of electrons which creates a flow of electric charge is achieved through electromotive force.  Electromotive means motion of electrons.  The EMF is created from a potential difference but I cannot find anywhere which uses explicitly the word pressure to explain how this potential difference is driven.  So perhaps you could explain your take on that?

You have said it is a pressure flow.  But how?
How does water flow through pipes?

« Reply #1046 on: March 13, 2021, 03:01:16 AM »
When I state things as 100% fact
But you already have remember..

I read that as you stating something as a fact.  Not I think....electricity is a pressure flow

« Reply #1047 on: March 13, 2021, 03:01:21 AM »

Previously it was mention air has known properties of static pressure and dynamic pressure.
You tried to jump on and hint you know of other pressure properties but like always, failed to expand or complete the thought.
Unless youre willing to say what this new pressurr property is, adding heat only changes the static pressure.

Guess what -
Super conductors

« Reply #1048 on: March 13, 2021, 03:06:39 AM »
Well
Keeping air as your dig in just keeps you in your shell...unless you do it deliberately.

No
Thats how the scientific method works.

Hypothesis
Isolate and Test Variables
Review observations and conclude

H - air pressure causes magnetism
TV - removal of air doesnt change magnetic flux.
TV - changing air pressure doesnt change mag flux.
TV - changing electrical current/ material while keeping air same does changes mag flux.
R - air is not a variable that affects magnetism.

Now unless you have something to say or add, other than sponges, feel free.
But so far its been dodgedgodge.
You are reverso-Sando who spamspamspam.

« Reply #1049 on: March 13, 2021, 03:08:46 AM »
Hey guys is it just me or is nothing ever clear and consistent with Sceptimatic?  One minute he is talking about sponge balls in a tunnel, the next he is talking about water flowing through pipes. 

My head is aching just trying to understand his logic with all this which is never a good sign.  At least everything I read in my A level physics textbooks made sense and seems to reflect my real world experience. 

I am trying to understand his version of it all but so far none of it is making any sense.  Sure pressure exists in many forms but that pressure has to be created by something in the first place and he doesn't seem to explain what that something is.

If you read about how solar energy is produced in the core of the Sun as gamma rays and eventually get released into space as visible light it makes sense.  But all that would be lost on Sceptimatic because of his belief system.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 03:14:04 AM by Solarwind »