In Case of Zombies

• 862 Replies
Re: In Case of Zombies
« Reply #360 on: November 17, 2009, 05:13:33 PM »
Poo and Urine mixed and allowed to ferment form salt peter. Both of those should be found in abundance at any shelter.

Any other stupid questions? Do you really think that ancient europe had access to large amounts of chemicals?
A. where would you get sulfur.
B. do you think that the guns in ancient europe needed as high quality black powder as today chemicals.
C. don't you still need stuff that sets off the charge? that I imagine will be harder to come by.

Poop bullets?

« Reply #361 on: December 28, 2009, 02:39:18 PM »
Bump

Jack1704

• Official Member
  • Francine?!?!?
« Reply #362 on: December 28, 2009, 02:45:11 PM »
I still think that we would be screwed, no matter how much i think of ways to get away.
Stop all this nonesense and bring on the lapdancers.
I understand Jack1704. It's a Brit thing.

« Reply #363 on: December 28, 2009, 03:04:27 PM »
I still think that we would be screwed, no matter how much i think of ways to get away.

Depends if the virus is bound to die out or not.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #364 on: December 28, 2009, 03:21:21 PM »
I just realized something, zombie's are walking around with perfectly good meat. As long as you cooked it to the point that the virus' proteins denature you can eat it. I'm wondering how this would effect the planning.

In Case of Zombies
« Reply #365 on: December 28, 2009, 03:50:40 PM »
I feel like wood isnt the best dissapator of heat... but thats a gorgious case non the less.

And a  nice sound system as well.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #366 on: December 28, 2009, 03:58:47 PM »
I feel like wood isnt the best dissapator of heat... but thats a gorgious case non the less.

And a  nice sound system as well.

If you feel like responding to a post from several months ago, at least quote it.

« Reply #367 on: December 28, 2009, 05:49:27 PM »
If there really were zombies, they would be most likely caused by a virus. With that said, if the zombie was still living, pumping oxygen throughout its body in order to move around, why would we have to shoot them in the head?

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #368 on: December 28, 2009, 06:09:53 PM »
If there really were zombies, they would be most likely caused by a virus. With that said, if the zombie was still living, pumping oxygen throughout its body in order to move around, why would we have to shoot them in the head?

We wouldn't/don't. It's just some people try to bring poorly thought out zombie mythos into a real world context.

« Reply #369 on: December 28, 2009, 10:13:24 PM »
Why can't zombies eat other zombies?

Guessed

« Reply #370 on: December 28, 2009, 10:32:19 PM »
There's really no reason why they wouldn't once all the fresh live human meat was gone.
Is Dino open source?

Quote from: grogberries

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #371 on: December 28, 2009, 11:50:28 PM »
There's really no reason why they wouldn't once all the fresh live human meat was gone.

Or even immediately. Why would they distinguish each other from living humans? Normally they explain it as a hunger, and other zombies would appear as food.

Jack1704

• Official Member
  • Francine?!?!?
« Reply #372 on: December 29, 2009, 03:19:49 AM »

Or even immediately. Why would they distinguish each other from living humans? Normally they explain it as a hunger, and other zombies would appear as food.
Maybe Zombies have a moral compass.

« Reply #373 on: December 29, 2009, 03:30:56 AM »
I just thought of something.
There is no way in hell zombies would ever be able to destroy civilization.
A single M1A1 could take out every last one without any damage at all, and you only need 4 people to crew it. Granted, it's probably a difficult job but I'm sure 4 trained army guys with guns would be able to survive long enough to get to their tank.
Thoughts?

Also;
If you're fighting zombies that are just people with super-rabies go for an assault rifle or similar with pistol because you only have to hit their vitals to kill them.
If you're fighting real zombies grab youself the biggest shotgun you can find and go make mincemeat out of their torsos. Shotgun = biggest damage possible at close range.
When I was 5 years old my mum always told me that happiness was the key to life.
When I went to school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I wrote down "happy."
They told me I didn't understand the assignment.

?

Sentient Fridge

• Official Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #374 on: December 29, 2009, 05:56:31 AM »
Fuck shooting their torsos. I've seen them do that in movies, it don't work still.

Even if they can die from being shot elsewhere, I'mma be aiming for the head.

you cant see moutains because you have no eyes
DON'T EVER LEAVE, VONGEO, MOTHERFUH-YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Jack1704

• Official Member
  • Francine?!?!?
« Reply #375 on: December 29, 2009, 06:57:57 AM »
Fuck shooting their torsos. I've seen them do that in movies, it don't work still.

Even if they can die from being shot elsewhere, I'mma be aiming for the head.
Agreed. You wont see me trying to knee cap a zombie hoping he wont be able to walk.

Guessed

« Reply #376 on: December 29, 2009, 07:30:23 AM »

Well, presumably, they operate on smell, and therefore live human meat smells more like food than dead human meat. That's the only explanation I can think of.
Is Dino open source?

Quote from: grogberries

« Reply #377 on: December 29, 2009, 09:36:50 AM »
In the event that the virus is airborne, or even waterborne, I think we would be fucked. Defending yourself from getting eaten is one thing, bleaching anything that a zombie had touched within the past 24 hours is another.

SupahLovah

• Santasaurus Rex!
« Reply #378 on: December 29, 2009, 10:51:02 AM »
We'd assume the zombie virus wouldn't be airborne, since it'd just kill everyone really fast. Where's the fun?

We COULD hope for spitting zombies, though.
"Study Gravitation; It's a field with a lot of potential!"

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
  • King of charred bones and cooked meat
« Reply #379 on: December 29, 2009, 12:20:14 PM »
If the zombie virus was airborne or waterborne we'd know all about it by now, we can safely discount that for the time being. Zombies are freaks, but still animals. They can recognise their own kind the same way we can, not to mention the smell of a human that only bathes in other humans and the sight of the bastards.

On the other hand, thermite rounds coated in phosphorous would kill and cook them in minutes. Mmm...
No but I'm guess your what? 90? Cause you just so darn mature </sarcasm>

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #380 on: December 29, 2009, 12:26:24 PM »
If the zombie virus was airborne or waterborne we'd know all about it by now, we can safely discount that for the time being. Zombies are freaks, but still animals. They can recognise their own kind the same way we can, not to mention the smell of a human that only bathes in other humans and the sight of the bastards.

On the other hand, thermite rounds coated in phosphorous would kill and cook them in minutes. Mmm...

Did you just say thermite rounds covered in phosphorous? lol

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #381 on: December 29, 2009, 12:50:15 PM »
Phosphorous ignites, easily, ignites the thermite. The thermite burns slow.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #382 on: December 29, 2009, 12:56:07 PM »
Phosphorous ignites, easily, ignites the thermite. The thermite burns slow.

Well, there are a couple problems with that, considering thermite is a powder. That'd be strike one, then you have to consider the mass and the actual burn from the bullet (considering you actually somehow got the bullet to hit the target and not explode into powdery firery goodness in your face) it would give the zombie a small burn purely by the entrance wound from the bullet, probably stopping the bleeding and allowing the zombie to live longer with the wound. It wouldn't cook it, and thermite is alluminum and iron based, it is far too light to make a bullet. You would be sacrificing 100% of your stopping power.

That is why I commented.

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #383 on: December 29, 2009, 01:09:42 PM »
I accept your criticism and retract my statement. The moron who suggested it to my naive, thermite-ignorant mind will be punished.

« Reply #384 on: December 29, 2009, 02:40:31 PM »
So do zombies simply bite their victims or eat them? How will they spread the virus if they eat their hosts?

SupahLovah

• Santasaurus Rex!
« Reply #385 on: December 29, 2009, 02:41:27 PM »
They only eat them if they can hold them down.

If the person gets bit but is strong enough to get away from the zombie, they're infected.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #386 on: December 29, 2009, 02:49:53 PM »
They only eat them if they can hold them down.

If the person gets bit but is strong enough to get away from the zombie, they're infected.

Hmm, that would add in an odd aspect to the zombie scenario. If a body could be damaged beyond the point of use for the virus then it would be to its benefit to have weaker hosts, who would bite but then be shoved away, the problem is weak hosts would be more likely to be grabbed by the zombie and damaged beyond the virus' ability to use the host. So the new zombies would be constantly becoming stronger and stronger individuals on average (as the weaker ones are killed). This seems like a horrible positive feedback system that would eventually cause the zombies to become killers instead of carriers.

SupahLovah

• Santasaurus Rex!
« Reply #387 on: December 29, 2009, 02:51:53 PM »
LUCKILY being a zombie means you're dead and at loss for advanced motor controls.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #388 on: December 29, 2009, 03:14:04 PM »
LUCKILY being a zombie means you're dead and at loss for advanced motor controls.

A 250 lb weight lifter that has you in a bear hug and is biting your neck doesn't really need fine motor skills.

SupahLovah

• Santasaurus Rex!
« Reply #389 on: December 29, 2009, 03:18:27 PM »
No, but how many 250 lb weightlifters are there?

But I do agree that quite a few of them would get turned to zombie pretty quickly.