A Friendly Chat

• 3828 Replies

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
  • The dopest founding father.
Re: A Friendly Chat
« Reply #2430 on: September 09, 2013, 08:46:53 PM »
Does anyone else find it really fucking weird for Thork to post a random person's baby on FES?

You post other peoples' baby pictures on TFES.

You're fucking weird. I mean that.

Are their people that do this on purpose?
Heh, sorry man.  No disrespect. Since this is the friendly chat thread, I have a question for you.

Who the fuck friendly are you? Because there was a person nicknamed Noops on the FES IRC, and I don't think it's you. Which makes your avatar strangely coincidental. Can you shed any light on my mystery?

« Reply #2431 on: September 09, 2013, 08:55:50 PM »
Yes, the person on IRC whose name is "Noops" is not the person here with "Noops" in their avatar, which also happens to be their username spelled backwards.

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #2432 on: September 09, 2013, 09:02:57 PM »
Yes, the person on IRC whose name is "Noops" is not the person here with "Noops" in their avatar, which also happens to be their username spelled backwards.
Classic Particle Person here folks. I never said his name was Noops, and he already had an account made with his (actual) IRC username. In short, fuckfriendly you I wanted some confirmation before I made any assumptions fuckfriendly face.

Thork

• Please do not touch or disturb me.
« Reply #2433 on: September 10, 2013, 10:45:20 AM »
I did interview 45 for the conspiracy this morning. Well it feels like 45 as its going on so long. I did as well as I could have hoped. If they don't want me, there was nothing I could have done about it. So, will find out on Friday how I did.  :D

Junker

« Reply #2434 on: September 10, 2013, 11:54:13 AM »
I did interview 45 for the conspiracy this morning. Well it feels like 45 as its going on so long. I did as well as I could have hoped. If they don't want me, there was nothing I could have done about it. So, will find out on Friday how I did.  :D

Good luck, hopefully you get it.

?

Eddy Baby

• Official Member
« Reply #2435 on: September 10, 2013, 04:36:23 PM »
'Mon Thork!

?

spoon

• Flat Earth Editor
  • ho ho ho
« Reply #2436 on: September 10, 2013, 06:01:27 PM »
Does anyone else find it really fucking weird for Thork to post a random person's baby on FES?

You post other peoples' baby pictures on TFES.

You're fucking weird. I mean that.

Are their people that do this on purpose?
Heh, sorry man.  No disrespect. Since this is the friendly chat thread, I have a question for you.

Who the fuck friendly are you? Because there was a person nicknamed Noops on the FES IRC, and I don't think it's you. Which makes your avatar strangely coincidental. Can you shed any light on my mystery?

It's a goops.
I work nights are get the feeling of impennding doom for things most people take for granted.

Thork

« Reply #2437 on: September 11, 2013, 11:35:41 AM »
A quick browse on Facebook and it was there again!  >o<

Wretched mono-brow baby!

Thork

« Reply #2438 on: September 11, 2013, 11:45:26 AM »
Oh, good grief. And now a video of the little goblin has been uploaded!  >o<

https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10151599463077041

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #2439 on: September 11, 2013, 11:59:49 AM »
Your baby is cute.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

rooster

« Reply #2440 on: September 11, 2013, 12:00:51 PM »
Why don't you make your own thread about this baby that no one cares about?

Thork

« Reply #2441 on: September 11, 2013, 12:01:32 PM »
Why don't you just tell me how ugly it is and stop causing a scene?  >o<

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #2442 on: September 11, 2013, 12:04:37 PM »

Okay, the baby is ugly.  You win.  Now go be a creepy bastard somewhere else.

Thork

« Reply #2443 on: September 11, 2013, 12:06:15 PM »

I see your request to be a moderator was turned down. You have my condolences. I suspect they are saving the spot for me.  :-\

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #2444 on: September 11, 2013, 12:37:33 PM »

I see your request to be a moderator was turned down. You have my condolences. I suspect they are saving the spot for me.  :-\

It wasn't my request.  I took what we might call the "George Washington" position of dutiful reluctance.  It could be me, or it could be anyone else who's active and actually cares about the website.  For all our disagreements, I have to admit that you fulfill both of those requirements.  If they want to make you a mod, I say go for it.  Anything's better than what we have now.

Anyway, the real tragedy of that thread being locked is that you didn't post in it first.  I was expecting a great rant from you.

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #2445 on: September 11, 2013, 01:32:56 PM »
For those curious, my nomination of Saddam was purely of my own thoughts on how to make this forum quit being terrible. As much as I hate Thork, I could see worse things in this world than him becoming a moderator. I mean, not many, but there are a few.

Thork

« Reply #2446 on: September 11, 2013, 01:41:13 PM »
Anyway, the real tragedy of that thread being locked is that you didn't post in it first.  I was expecting a great rant from you.
I can't be seen to be endorsing you as a mod, Saddam. But I wasn't opposed to the suggestion so I didn't post in that thread.

For those curious, my nomination of Saddam was purely of my own thoughts on how to make this forum quit being terrible. As much as I hate Thork, I could see worse things in this world than him becoming a moderator. I mean, not many, but there are a few.
It is destiny. And then you will all be sorry! >o<

Junker

« Reply #2447 on: September 11, 2013, 01:47:07 PM »

I am not opposed to the Thorkster really, but what is to prevent the same exact thing from happening again?  Remember he was deflowered for not being able to work out an issue with an administrator privately, but made a public spectacle of it.  If JD wouldn't allow Saddam because of past behavior, I can't see how he would allow Thork either.

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #2448 on: September 11, 2013, 02:01:07 PM »
I've behaved good, make me a mod.

Thork

« Reply #2449 on: September 11, 2013, 02:04:39 PM »

I am not opposed to the Thorkster really, but what is to prevent the same exact thing from happening again?  Remember he was deflowered for not being able to work out an issue with an administrator privately, but made a public spectacle of it.  If JD wouldn't allow Saddam because of past behavior, I can't see how he would allow Thork either.

The problem was that JD was abusing his power. I called him on it and he removed my curator status. I actually wasn't in the wrong. But there is no point in being a mod if you can't mod, especially being able to mod the crap John Davis often puts into the upper forums. I'm not going to let his rantings in and then remove someone else's.

Anyway, past behaviour my arse. I'm not interested right now because I've no time. I'm off to Barcelona on business from 20-28th so you all get a week away from me, + I may/may not have another interview in America before then. And of course then I might be starting a new job. So I'm way too busy/too unsure of the future to commit any time to FES.

If they make Saddam a mod, its likely he'll be not a mod again by the time I'm ready to start posting regularly again, anyway.

You don't get endorsed. I know what you did.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #2450 on: September 11, 2013, 03:01:14 PM »

I think you need to have some presence in the upper forums to be eligible.

Genius

• Professor of Geniustology
« Reply #2451 on: September 11, 2013, 03:03:35 PM »

There's an upper forum?
The earth is round because the space man said so.

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #2452 on: September 11, 2013, 03:29:12 PM »

I think the upper fora are perfect as is. They wouldn't need my contribution.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #2453 on: September 11, 2013, 03:29:50 PM »

Clearly you haven't been to the upper fora recently.

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #2454 on: September 11, 2013, 03:36:24 PM »

Clearly you haven't been to the upper fora recently.

They've only gotten more perfect. I know this because I lurk moar while you don't, and I have the evidence to support it:

QED, make me a mod.

Supertails

• what do i put here
« Reply #2455 on: September 11, 2013, 04:21:42 PM »
I would make the greatest mod. I post upwards of 10-20 times a day, I am a constant presence in the upper fora and I know right from wrong like diddly from squat.
Recently listened to:

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #2456 on: September 11, 2013, 04:50:46 PM »
Junker would be a good mod.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #2457 on: September 11, 2013, 05:13:36 PM »

The problem was that JD was abusing his power. I called him on it and he removed my curator status. I actually wasn't in the wrong. But there is no point in being a mod if you can't mod, especially being able to mod the crap John Davis often puts into the upper forums. I'm not going to let his rantings in and then remove someone else's.

Anyway, past behaviour my arse. I'm not interested right now because I've no time. I'm off to Barcelona on business from 20-28th so you all get a week away from me, + I may/may not have another interview in America before then. And of course then I might be starting a new job. So I'm way too busy/too unsure of the future to commit any time to FES.

If they make Saddam a mod, its likely he'll be not a mod again by the time I'm ready to start posting regularly again, anyway.

You don't get endorsed. I know what you did.

The problem was that you rage quit.  Don't put this off on anyone else.  I would vote for you to be reinstated, but the fact is that you rage quit.  Period.

It took Wilmore a month to actually get around to disabling your curator status,  but you rage quit just the same. 

Vindictus

• insightful personal text
« Reply #2458 on: September 11, 2013, 05:14:32 PM »
I would make the greatest mod. I post upwards of 10-20 times a day, I am a constant presence in the upper fora and I know right from wrong like diddly from squat.

You're too nice. You have to be an old, annoying jaded penguin to qualify for mod.

rooster

« Reply #2459 on: September 11, 2013, 05:19:01 PM »
I'm going to turn this back into a friendly chat.

I started lifting 3x a week.