Tune in for SpaceX's return to flight and first landing success

• 478 Replies

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
Re: Tune in for SpaceX's return to flight and first landing success
« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2015, 02:08:30 PM »
As an adamant defender of public research as the best way of ensuring open science practices and the best way to advance mankind, I don't think this SpaceX stunt is a good thing for space exploration, nor it is unique. Both NASA and ROSCOSMOS have done powered landings before. Even in other planets. Good for SpaceX for catching up.

This was the BOOSTER stage. This isn't designed to land it's designed to get things to space. SpaceX made their booster stage land. NASA and ROSCOSMOS have never landed a booster.
Blue Origin landed their booster a few weeks ago.  Granted, it's not as big as the Space-X just landed, but still...
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2015, 02:09:20 PM »
So you can't find any then. Well yhats good to know. And what you tube video are you talking about? I'm talking about people wathcing it live in person at the launch site.
Don't hold your breath, Dr Papa Legba Professor of CGI at UAnon*, has never yet been known to give a straight answer. 
He will spout about how he knows so much about rokkit (sic) engine design, but his rokkits (just as sick) won't work up high.  No wonder he has to go on about CGI, since he can't do it, he knows it can't be done!

Now he'll rant and rave, but still will never come up any real information!

*  Dr Papa Legba used to be a Professor of Rokkit Technology, but he got fired from that job when all the rockets he designed failed - maybe he worked for NASA, they seem to be having a bit of trouble lately.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2015, 02:10:30 PM »
It was a gamble based on probability.

But as 100% of previous attempts had crashed, the probability of this attempt crashing was also 100%.

You don't make much sense.

But if reporting me is the only way for you to escape from this self-inflicted humiliation, then get it done.

Then everyone will know for sure that you are a desperate liar.

LOL!!!

They already know that anyway!
I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2015, 02:11:55 PM »
As an adamant defender of public research as the best way of ensuring open science practices and the best way to advance mankind, I don't think this SpaceX stunt is a good thing for space exploration, nor it is unique. Both NASA and ROSCOSMOS have done powered landings before. Even in other planets. Good for SpaceX for catching up.

This was the BOOSTER stage. This isn't designed to land it's designed to get things to space. SpaceX made their booster stage land. NASA and ROSCOSMOS have never landed a booster.
Blue Origin landed their booster a few weeks ago.  Granted, it's not as big as the Space-X just landed, but still...
Blue origin had not been brought up by Conker so i did not discuss BO. Please see my post on firsts below
This event accomplished the following:
First public viewing of a rocket booster landing.
First rocket booster landing after delivering payload into orbit
First rocket booster landing that was not a test run

All of this was open to the public, visible to as many people wanted to see in person, there were tons of media present, it wasn't a video made after the event it was verifiably live and in the real world.

Unless you're talking about my thread title which the "first" is referring to SpaceX, clearly, i might add.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 02:13:35 PM by FlatOrange »
Quote from: Heiwa
You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2015, 02:21:47 PM »
It was a gamble based on probability.

But as 100% of previous attempts had crashed, the probability of this attempt crashing was also 100%.

You don't make much sense.

But if reporting me is the only way for you to escape from this self-inflicted humiliation, then get it done.

Then everyone will know for sure that you are a desperate liar.

LOL!!!

They already know that anyway!
I was only saying I'd report you if you spammed me with the same question over and over as you have already asked 3 times. I should make a gamble you won't ask again now. Right? Or in your mind (and secretly mine) your rate of 100% asking the same question will just continue on 100% of the time.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2015, 02:30:57 PM »
I was only saying I'd report you if you spammed me with the same question over and over as you have already asked 3 times. I should make a gamble you won't ask again now. Right? Or in your mind (and secretly mine) your rate of 100% asking the same question will just continue on 100% of the time.

I have asked you a variety of questions.

You have avoided honestly answering all of them.

Here's a good one:

This entire thread is based on the fact this was an historic event (got to say it again  :) ) one that has never been done.

Conspiracy to defraud is a very serious crime, as is aiding & abetting conspiracy to defraud.

Could it be that, by making statements such as the above, along with all your fudging, you are trying to give yourself legal wriggle-room in the case that you are caught?

I think you are finished now.

Toodle-pip, Loser!

« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2015, 02:41:36 PM »

Here's a good one:

This entire thread is based on the fact this was an historic event (got to say it again  :) ) one that has never been done.

Conspiracy to defraud is a very serious crime, as is aiding & abetting conspiracy to defraud.

Could it be that, by making statements such as the above, along with all your fudging, you are trying to give yourself legal wriggle-room in the case that you are caught?

Toodle-pip, Loser!
You're not understanding the first clause of the sentence. "This entire thread is based on..." When i created the thread i called it an historic event ( :) ) before it happened. Now that it's over i can confidently say THIS HAS BEEN DONE. ACHIEVED. SUCCESS. That still doesn't change the fact that i created the thread bearing in mind the thought "this has never been done". I would've been heartbroken and definitely laughed at if i said watch this history in the making and then they failed.

No, I'm not protecting myself by subversively using ambiguous tense to get out of something. Any variety of your questions i haven't answered?

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2015, 02:45:19 PM »

Here's a good one:

Toodle-pip, Loser!
You're not understanding the first clause of the sentence. "This entire thread is based on..." When i created the thread i called it an historic event ( :) ) before it happened. Now that it's over i can confidently say THIS HAS BEEN DONE. ACHIEVED. SUCCESS. That still doesn't change the fact that i created the thread bearing in mind the thought "this has never been done". I would've been heartbroken and definitely laughed at if i said watch this history in the making and then they failed.

No, I'm not protecting myself by subversively using ambiguous tense to get out of something. Any variety of your questions i haven't answered?

"It" didn't happen. You have been fooled. Again.
"Indoctrination [...] is often distinguished from education by the fact that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned".

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2015, 02:51:11 PM »
Any variety of your questions i haven't answered?

Yep; all of them, with any amount of logic or conviction.

If this was a trial you'd be toast.

But I'll leave the last word with legion:

Toodle-pip, you utter, utter, Losers!

« Reply #69 on: December 22, 2015, 02:51:56 PM »

Here's a good one:

Toodle-pip, Loser!

How did the satellites get launched then?

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #70 on: December 22, 2015, 02:59:33 PM »
What satellites?
"Indoctrination [...] is often distinguished from education by the fact that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned".

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #72 on: December 22, 2015, 03:33:56 PM »
There are two types of people in this world:
Those that give us all the reasons why it can't be done, AND
Those that just go ahead and do it!

Papa, which are you?  Just askin'!

« Reply #73 on: December 22, 2015, 05:07:39 PM »
You don't need citations for this kind of garbage, just the ability to see bullshit and call it. This is not only bullshit, it's bull diarrhea.

Only kids reading scifi and adults collecting comics, who between them are unconditionally married to the magic of the fictional fantasies, should be afforded the leeway to absorb themselves into this stuff without ridicule. If any of you are like this, then fair enough.

Any of you who still believe this stuff and who protest that you aren't this type of person, then you deserve to be put into stocks in a shopping mall and pelted with rotten fruit whilst nude and laughed at continually for the entire day.

The other's, like Pythagoras and Flat-orange, etc can carry on promoting the bullshit in the full knowledge that it is, indeed that.

all rant and no evidence of fakery.

Bubbles, ground squirrels and ridiculous hopping bunnies in the focking 1960s is definite proof it's all real. Don't question, just cry yourself to sleep thinking it's all real.

All the "proof" you need is provided by the cranky crooks themselves.
I much prefer the sharpest criticism of a single intelligent man to the thoughtless approval of the masses - Johannes Kepler (1571-1630)

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #74 on: December 22, 2015, 10:45:47 PM »

Sounds like something you read off the back of a vodka bottle...

Enjoy your cartoons.

?

tappet

« Reply #75 on: December 23, 2015, 12:50:12 AM »

Geoff?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 01:15:34 AM by tappet »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #76 on: December 23, 2015, 04:24:10 AM »

Geoff?
There is an ausGeoff, who also lives in Australia. We might share similar ideas, but are not the same person.  It is a bit hard for someone living down here to take the flat earth idea seriously when Australia is so distorted on any FET maps we see. DFET might be better, but I have yet to see Australia on any DFET map yet.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #77 on: December 23, 2015, 04:50:56 AM »

Geoff?
Spot on tappet. Remember: these internet typing mouthpieces do not just disappear; they simply realise that their other names get rendered meaningless so they change tactics but always give themselves away.
In time they re-use their other names, making out they had important things to do...and blah blah blah. You know the rest of it.

They're all at it on here. It's effing mental.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #78 on: December 23, 2015, 07:14:41 AM »
There is an ausGeoff, who also lives in Australia.

How do you know who ausGeoff is & where he lives?

He disappeared months before you even joined!

You really need to stop drinking & posting, Geoff; you're making a spectacle of yourself.

Now; have you found any other Words of Wisdom printed on the labels of bottles of cheap hooch that you'd like to regale us with?

Or Pithy Aphorisms scrawled on the back of public toilet doors, perhaps? 

Maybe a Bon Mot or two you heard off another stumble-bum in the local drunk-tank?

If so, do please let us know; FES is nothing if not inclusive, no matter how disadvantaged your background!

« Reply #79 on: December 23, 2015, 09:19:18 AM »
http://i.imgur.com/oR47nGV.jpg

Brilliant picture of the 1st stage on the landing pad.

Also just learnt that all future launches will attempt 1st stage recovery.  Brilliant news.

Yendor

« Reply #80 on: December 23, 2015, 09:29:12 AM »
Air bubbles that travel in deferent directions?

They probably used compressed air to propel the objects away from the pod and the air bubbles would be going in different directions. Did you look at these satellites real good? where are the solar panels? They look like hat boxes wrapped in gold foil. 
"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
                              George Orwell

« Reply #81 on: December 23, 2015, 09:31:49 AM »
Air bubbles go in one direction in water ( up )and the solar panels will be in their storage position and unfurled once away from the craft.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 09:43:41 AM by Pythagoras »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #82 on: December 23, 2015, 10:21:04 AM »
Did you look at these satellites real good? where are the solar panels? They look like hat boxes wrapped in gold foil.
It's common practice to fold the solar arrays for compact storage and then unfold them after the satellite is deployed.  The gold foil is for thermal insulation.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #83 on: December 23, 2015, 11:11:30 AM »
It's common practice to fold the solar arrays for compact storage and then unfold them after the satellite is deployed.  The gold foil is for thermal insulation.

Please explain EXACTLY how this is done.

No links; just in your own words.

LOL!!!

No chance...

« Reply #84 on: December 23, 2015, 11:34:52 AM »
I think he just did.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #85 on: December 23, 2015, 11:36:04 AM »
I know he just didn't.

« Reply #86 on: December 23, 2015, 11:40:35 AM »
So you don't belive an object can be folded and unfolded?

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #87 on: December 23, 2015, 11:44:33 AM »
Not what I asked, Liar.

Look:

LOL!!!

No chance...

« Reply #88 on: December 23, 2015, 11:48:17 AM »
You don't belive an object can be unfolded In space?

« Reply #89 on: December 23, 2015, 01:31:13 PM »

LOL!!!

No chance...
What's the problem with links? Please explain.