The Conclusive Categorical Conspiracy Compendium

• 547 Replies
?

demiurge

Re: The Conclusive Categorical Conspiracy Compendium
« Reply #180 on: June 26, 2007, 06:57:19 AM »
A 60,000 foot wall would be visible from everywhere on earth.

« Reply #181 on: June 26, 2007, 07:53:08 AM »
Unless something like an atmosphere prevented you from seeing it.

?

demiurge

« Reply #182 on: June 26, 2007, 08:14:04 AM »
You are talking about a wall more than twice as tall as the largest mountain on earth - and that particular mountain range is visible for thousands of miles around it.  Not even the atmosphere would be able to block site to such a giant construct, especially as it will be reflecting an enormous amount of sunlight.

« Reply #183 on: June 26, 2007, 08:15:42 AM »
So it'd look like a big shiney thing.  Anyway, no one knows how far out this wall would be on a FE.  It could be 50 000 miles out for all we know.

?

demiurge

« Reply #184 on: June 26, 2007, 08:30:29 AM »
Given that the circumference of a FE is very important for determining how far out the government conspiracy agents have to be posted, I'd say that's a very important factor indeed.

Joking aside, the wall can't be too far out, otherwise there'd be a vast, twilight land out past antarctica (which doesn't make sense given the angle of sunlight in antarctica) where sunlight couldn't reach.

« Reply #185 on: June 26, 2007, 08:35:10 AM »
Given that the circumference of a FE is very important for determining how far out the government conspiracy agents have to be posted, I'd say that's a very important factor indeed.

They only have to be at the starting of the ring, if people don't make it past that, then they wont make it any further.

Joking aside, the wall can't be too far out, otherwise there'd be a vast, twilight land out past antarctica (which doesn't make sense given the angle of sunlight in antarctica) where sunlight couldn't reach.

You're losing me here...

?

demiurge

« Reply #186 on: June 26, 2007, 08:47:52 AM »
Well, clearly Antarctica was explored before the conspiracy was able to set up towers and snowmobiles, since it was explored by Ross and others (if you want to trust that Antarctica even exists and is not a massive conspiracy set up to make people not visit the edge of the world!), and no one has reported back saying that Antarctica is anything but identical to the antipode of the north pole in the way it's lit and whatnot.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #187 on: June 26, 2007, 09:46:51 AM »
I disagree.  The conspiracy has guarded the Ice Wall for hundreds of years.  At least that's what Tom says.

« Reply #188 on: June 26, 2007, 10:23:39 AM »
doggplatter also believes the conspiracy has been around for hundreds of years, although I can't be sure on his stance with the guarding of the ice wall.

« Reply #189 on: July 26, 2007, 05:19:23 PM »
Hey Guys.. I've been reading the forum for the past few days and decided to sign up... I was wondering about something and I'm hoping that the FE'ers can provide me some sort of explanation about it.. This thought came to me at about page 5 of this thread, but I didn't want to have my first post be mostly quotes..  ???

So... the earth is flat, and is a disc-shaped structure that is moving 'upward' at a speed that allows for the velocity of the movement to supply what we refer to as gravity. At the same time  every other celestial body, or the universe in general if you will, is ascending at this same rate...  Is the velocity of this flat earth constant? And if so how does it remain constant when material forces are applied to it. I understand that most burn up in the atmosphere, but meteorites /do/ get through on occasion and over the course of the earth's history (I know the FE model presents a shorter one but I have yet to find the number) it should very slowly pick away at the upward momentum. Other celestial bodies are, according to your model, allowed to be spherical. And many are much... much larger or without Atmo, or both. I am assuming the same applies to them.

So is there an explanation behind the /constant/ upward movement?

-= NOTE =-
I am new to the forum, and by no means a scientist. If there is somewhere else I should have posted this please just point me in the right direction.
I'm looking forward to discussions.  :P

« Reply #190 on: July 26, 2007, 05:43:35 PM »
Hey Guys.. I've been reading the forum for the past few days and decided to sign up... I was wondering about something and I'm hoping that the FE'ers can provide me some sort of explanation about it.. This thought came to me at about page 5 of this thread, but I didn't want to have my first post be mostly quotes..  ???

So... the earth is flat, and is a disc-shaped structure that is moving 'upward' at a speed that allows for the velocity of the movement to supply what we refer to as gravity. At the same time  every other celestial body, or the universe in general if you will, is ascending at this same rate...  Is the velocity of this flat earth constant? And if so how does it remain constant when material forces are applied to it. I understand that most burn up in the atmosphere, but meteorites /do/ get through on occasion and over the course of the earth's history (I know the FE model presents a shorter one but I have yet to find the number) it should very slowly pick away at the upward momentum. Other celestial bodies are, according to your model, allowed to be spherical. And many are much... much larger or without Atmo, or both. I am assuming the same applies to them.

So is there an explanation behind the /constant/ upward movement?

-= NOTE =-
I am new to the forum, and by no means a scientist. If there is somewhere else I should have posted this please just point me in the right direction.
I'm looking forward to discussions.  :P
First, you need to review some basic physics. The FEers claim, without evidence, that the FE is accelerating, not moving, at a constant rate. The acceleration provides the replacement for gravity.

Second, you should know after lurking for a few days that there are two important documents to review: the FE FAQ and the RE Primer. Please make sure that you've read and understood both.

Third, welcome.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #191 on: July 26, 2007, 06:08:06 PM »
Yes, please read through the entire RE Primer before posting again.  And make sure to take notes, just so you don't get jeered again by Gulliver for possibly bringing something else up that's covered there.

The FAQ, of course, is relatively easy to swallow (though somewhat inaccurate and very incomplete; it's kind of a "jumping-off" point).
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

« Reply #192 on: July 26, 2007, 07:17:41 PM »
I read through the FAQ, but I wasn't aware that the Primer was something I had to download. I just finished it. I noted something amusing in it too...

FE standard evasion algorithm:
1.   If first response, then respond "Read the FAQ".

The FAQ is a bit to handle at times, it's hard to keep up with all the side-barring without going over it a couple times. :/

Their method of explaining gravity makes more sense now that I give it more thought.. I'm going to have to find a thread on tides that's current and pose another question that's eating at me. :p

« Reply #193 on: July 26, 2007, 07:22:20 PM »
I read through the FAQ, but I wasn't aware that the Primer was something I had to download. I just finished it. I noted something amusing in it too...

FE standard evasion algorithm:
1.   If first response, then respond "Read the FAQ".

The FAQ is a bit to handle at times, it's hard to keep up with all the side-barring without going over it a couple times. :/

Their method of explaining gravity makes more sense now that I give it more thought.. I'm going to have to find a thread on tides that's current and pose another question that's eating at me. :p
We're grateful for the review. Again, welcome. I look forward to your question.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #194 on: July 26, 2007, 10:50:58 PM »
Second, you should know after lurking for a few days that there is one important document to review: the FE FAQ. Please make sure that you've read and understood it.
Fixed it.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

« Reply #195 on: July 26, 2007, 10:59:28 PM »
Second, you should know after lurking for a few days that there is one important document to review: the FE FAQ. Please make sure that you've read and understood it.
Fixed it.

I'll be sure to give it yet another read. :p

Thanks.

?

burt

« Reply #196 on: August 25, 2007, 01:37:09 PM »
"The acceleration provides the replacement for gravity"

and how does this acceleration keep things on the ground?

what accelerates the "flat earth"?

off the point: that quote is semantically orouborus, it eats its own tail, because in reativity acceleration and gravity are synonymus, the basis of it appears logically sound and it fits observation, therefore the relativity model appears a good model for predicting how things are.

space appears curved cus matter and energy are equivelent- they aren't seperate entitys - one is denser i.e condensed. and because matter, synonymous with condesed energy, appears attractive at all directions in space-time(4 dimensional; 3 space; 1 time) making it "curve". that is called gravity. the fact relativity fits observation more so than other models, i rate it more probable than the flat earth theory of acceleration.

my opinion of gravity: it is not a "force" it is how matter, condensed energy, behaves because of the interaction of the 4 dimensions we find ourselves in.

p.s people who accuse me of being, or claim to be, a round earther are deluded, because the current model states explicitly that it is spherical, not just round.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 01:52:27 PM by burt »

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #197 on: August 25, 2007, 07:35:57 AM »
Unless something like an atmosphere prevented you from seeing it.

Or mental illness...
My problem with his ideas is that it is a ridiculous thing.

Genius. PURE, undiluted genius.

?

Lorcan

• FE is nothing but an exercise in doublethink.
« Reply #198 on: August 25, 2007, 07:37:27 PM »
I just now read the first page, and haven't read the 9 that follow it. So this is in response to the first post.

So wild speculation constitutes conclusive proof, these days?

You can speculate on anything you want to, cook up a conspiracy about anything you feel strongly about, it doesn't give it any more truth or basis in fact. It remains mere speculation. There comes a point where evidence is required. Yes, evidence for a conspiracy. There is no logical flaw in expecting such, as any other conspiracy at least has the conspiracy theorists finding what they presume to be evidence of said conspiracy.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #199 on: October 12, 2007, 01:24:38 PM »
The whole point was not to provide evidence of the conspiracy, but to prove it is possible.  I don't think he really proved it, but there you go.

?

theearthisbanannashaped

• This is how the theory works.
« Reply #200 on: October 13, 2007, 11:59:39 PM »
I agree.  But how do we even know that this is even reality?  Maybe the government has us all of us hooked to a machine filling our heads up with this stupid idea of "Earth".  I read this article in a science journal, I think it was "Weekly World News" that stated "CONSPIRACY!  The Government of the planet known as 'Philanx' has billions of people hooked up into a machine that makes every one a retard!", which proves that there is no such thing as reality.............. The End

?

Torn Bishop

« Reply #201 on: October 14, 2007, 12:06:29 AM »
I agree.  But how do we even know that this is even reality?  Maybe the government has us all of us hooked to a machine filling our heads up with this stupid idea of "Earth".  I read this article in a science journal, I think it was "Weekly World News" that stated "CONSPIRACY!  The Government of the planet known as 'Philanx' has billions of people hooked up into a machine that makes every one a retard!", which proves that there is no such thing as reality.............. The End
Welcome to the FES boards, we don't have any cigars left so smoke this red candle that has "TNT" written on it instead.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #202 on: October 14, 2007, 12:10:50 AM »
I                                              a m

a retard!               .............. The End
That's what I got out of your post!
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

?

theearthisbanannashaped

« Reply #203 on: October 14, 2007, 12:26:13 AM »
Sorry, I don't smoke.       But seriously to the point, why don't you RE REtards think the government couldn't cover up the conspiracy?  They control the media -> the media tells you what to believe -> and BOOM! we have a round earth.

?

Torn Bishop

« Reply #204 on: October 14, 2007, 12:27:00 AM »
I                                              a m

a retard!               .............. The End
That's what I got out of your post!
Roundyfilter™ FTW!

?

theearthisbanannashaped