What is the purpose of the conspiracy?

• 26 Replies
What is the purpose of the conspiracy?
« on: January 24, 2010, 07:18:12 PM »
Someone answer me this, what is the purpose of the conspiracy? What do NASA and other space agencies have to gain by lying about the world being a sphere? Why would they make this up if it was not true? I cannot understand any logical reasoning for this.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
Re: What is the purpose of the conspiracy?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 07:45:12 PM »
The answer is simple: money.

Also, moved to FEG.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 07:51:00 PM »

Also, moved to FEG.

Can you provide some more explanation on the answer 'money' ?

?

Sean

• Official Member
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 07:58:59 PM »

Also, moved to FEG.

Can you provide some more explanation on the answer 'money' ?

I would think it is a lot cheaper to pretend to send things to space than it is to actually do it. 
Quote from: sokarul
Better bring a better augment, something not so stupid.

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 08:02:26 PM »
I would think it is a lot cheaper to pretend to send things to space than it is to actually do it. 

What about those weather balloons that cost $150 to make? This vs employing thousands of people to keep a conspiracy from getting out is pretty big difference.

?

Raiku

• War Squirrel.
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 02:08:05 PM »
You know what doesn't make sense?  The conspiracy would lose money.  It certainly wouldn't gain any, and you know what's even cheaper than pretending to send stuff into space?  Not sending anything at all.  You FE'ers said the launches aren't faked; the orbits are.  That means that the paid for the part that costs time, energy and money; the launch.  The orbit costs nothing.  What provides income to the conspiracy?
I guess all humans have mental problems since we believe the Earth exists...

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
  • The dopest founding father.
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 02:12:36 PM »
You know what doesn't make sense?  The conspiracy would lose money.  It certainly wouldn't gain any, and you know what's even cheaper than pretending to send stuff into space?  Not sending anything at all.  You FE'ers said the launches aren't faked; the orbits are.  That means that the paid for the part that costs time, energy and money; the launch.  The orbit costs nothing.  What provides income to the conspiracy?
Where do you think NASA gets it's funding? The government. They have to fake launches to convince the government to keep giving them nice, fat checks.

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 02:48:13 PM »
But all that money goes into creating shuttles that can survive launch. Fake NASA does most of what real NASA does. It might have to even do more to cover it up. And pay the thousands involved to keep it under wraps, while real NASA is underfunded.

But you know your logic works as well.

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 02:53:43 PM »
But all that money goes into creating shuttles that can survive launch.
Seeing as this is the only example you cited, I'll respond to this.
That's a lot cheaper than shuttles that can survive reentry.

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 02:57:16 PM »
But the shuttle has to survive reentry as the navy pick it up. Otherwise that adds about 5,000 to 10,000 people. Thats a lot of money. It would be far easier for one of them to blab and make far more money than they are paid.

Also if the shuttle is destroyed each launch, that means NASA would have built 30 shuttles. Also lots of debris raining down on people. Also people can see reentries with telescopes sometimes. Also contractors would have noticed how Nasa ordered 30X the parts it needs.

See how this doesn't work? The conspiracy would be hemorrhaging money, whether you care to admit it or not.

Also it isn't much cheaper as launch involves massive acceleration just like reentry. You just need the tiles which ARE ON THE SHUTTLE. Its not like they use fake tiles. The shuttle has to survive scrutiny of scientists that expect it to work. You pretty much spend 99% of what a real one is.

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2010, 03:02:48 PM »
Also if the shuttle is destroyed each launch, that means NASA would have built 30 shuttles. Also lots of debris raining down on people. Also people can see reentries with telescopes sometimes. Also contractors would have noticed how Nasa ordered 30X the parts it needs.
What? Who claimed that?

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2010, 03:17:45 PM »
Honestly, you need to have your head checked out.

If it can survive reentry, that is a shuttle. Fake NASA saves no money. If it can't that kinda means it is destroyed. That means many shuttles that have to stand up to scrutiny and be rebuilt. Also Navy is part of conspiracy.

Nice logic.

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2010, 03:21:03 PM »
Who said the shuttles can survive reentry? They are only going up to the upper atmosphere, not past it. Not to mention that there isn't really the millions of dollars of equipment in those shuttles.

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2010, 03:22:50 PM »
There was a nice video showing the shuttle going wayyy up. Also you can follow the shuttles ascent with a telescope. Also the shuttle has to come down. If it breaks, you have to build 30 of them, if it doesn't then that shuttle will cost the same.

Also many scientists worked on and many russians looked over the shuttle. If it and the previous take offs were hoaxes, wouldn't independent scientists rush to make an easy fortune?

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2010, 04:53:39 PM »
Also it isn't much cheaper as launch involves massive acceleration just like reentry. You just need the tiles which ARE ON THE SHUTTLE. Its not like they use fake tiles. The shuttle has to survive scrutiny of scientists that expect it to work. You pretty much spend 99% of what a real one is.

It is much cheaper because the amount of money involved in realising conventional space travel is infinite, or null. It is literally impossible to traverse space in the way claimed by globularist science-fiction and acted out by the Satanic Aerospace Conspiracy.

"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

?

Don B

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2010, 05:09:25 PM »

Also, moved to FEG.

Forgive him, he suffers from Asberber Syndrom. It's the only logical conclusion I can come to.

?

ERTW

• Always fall back to common sense
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2010, 05:11:20 PM »

It is much cheaper because the amount of money involved in realising conventional space travel is infinite, or null. It is literally impossible to traverse space in the way claimed by globularist science-fiction and acted out by the Satanic Aerospace Conspiracy.

The Satanic Aerospace Conspiracy? Is that the one where I have to wear a shiny tin foil hat and pray to George Bush because I designed a rocket?
Anyone who supports this position is greatly reducing their credibility in any other posts they make. Literally any evidence or anecdote anyone gives you can be completely thrown out, so the word discussion or debate doesn't even apply. It is a one way broadcast of your ideas. If this conspiracy was actually happening it would warrant more serious action than a few angry words on a forum.
Don't diss physics until you try it!

?

Mr Pseudonym

• Official Member
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2010, 05:16:47 PM »
It has been established in previous threads that money can not be the driving force behind this conspiracy.  There is far too many people requiring a payout, and there would be far too many whistleblowers.  Not too mention all the scientists not being paid millions who would eagerly want to show the conspiracy to the public.
Why do we fall back to earth? Because our weight pushes us down, no laws, no gravity pulling us. It is the law of intelligence.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2010, 05:22:38 PM »

The Satanic Aerospace Conspiracy? Is that the one where I have to wear a shiny tin foil hat and pray to George Bush because I designed a rocket?
Anyone who supports this position is greatly reducing their credibility in any other posts they make. Literally any evidence or anecdote anyone gives you can be completely thrown out, so the word discussion or debate doesn't even apply. It is a one way broadcast of your ideas. If this conspiracy was actually happening it would warrant more serious action than a few angry words on a forum.

No, it is the one which is run by Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and Virgin Group. You can read about its heinous practices here: http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=30418.0

I'm also sorry to inform you that you, random internet user, are neither the arbiter of credibility nor the lexicographical steward of the words "discussion" and "debate", as you might previously have believed. If you wish to avoid manifesting gross hubris, you should ensure that your future posts make no pretense of such authority.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

?

Mr Pseudonym

• Official Member
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2010, 05:26:22 PM »

No, it is the one which is run by Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and Virgin Group. You can read about its heinous practices here: http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=30418.0

I'm also sorry to inform you that you, random internet user, are neither the arbiter of credibility nor the lexicographical steward of the words "discussion" and "debate", as you might previously have believed. If you wish to avoid manifesting gross hubris, you should ensure that your future posts make no pretense of such authority.

Are you telling me Dickie Branson knows about this conspiracy? Mobile phone businesses obviously don't make enough money.
Why do we fall back to earth? Because our weight pushes us down, no laws, no gravity pulling us. It is the law of intelligence.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2010, 05:29:54 PM »
You're forgetting that Richard Branson made his millions in the aviation and aerospace sector. Why would pretend otherwise if not to defend your absurd globite religion at all costs?

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2010, 05:43:26 PM »
You're forgetting that Richard Branson made his millions in the aviation and aerospace sector. Why would pretend otherwise if not to defend your absurd globite religion at all costs?

What does aviation have to do with the earth shape debate? Surely we can all agree that flights do take place, in which case Sir Richard Branson has little to gain from perpetuating such a conspiracy. Bear in mind that aerospeace is only one of the many industries that Virgin Group Ltd. is a part of.
There is evidence for a NASA conspiracy. Please search.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2010, 05:57:36 PM »

What does aviation have to do with the earth shape debate? Surely we can all agree that flights do take place, in which case Sir Richard Branson has little to gain from perpetuating such a conspiracy. Bear in mind that aerospeace is only one of the many industries that Virgin Group Ltd. is a part of.

Indeed, it also has a hand in furthering the science-fiction agenda (Virgin Galactic), and promoting the Satanic aural blasphemies of Mike Oldfield and other infernal musical litany (Virgin Media). I am well aware of the ubiquity of this Devil Empire.

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2010, 06:33:30 PM »

Indeed, it also has a hand in furthering the science-fiction agenda (Virgin Galactic), and promoting the Satanic aural blasphemies of Mike Oldfield and other infernal musical litany (Virgin Media). I am well aware of the ubiquity of this Devil Empire.

I always thought Virgin Galactic was more of a publicity gimmick.
There is evidence for a NASA conspiracy. Please search.

?

Mr Pseudonym

• Official Member
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2010, 06:39:18 PM »

Virgin has already offered flights to space, and has done so as a commercial and charitable venture.  Why would a company so loaded in money give away free space flights which prove the earth is round, if the head of the company is in fact behind a conspiracy to cover up the that the earth is flat?

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2010, 05:09:50 AM »
Because expanding The Conspiracy into the private sector is the cornerstone of The Conspiracy's strategy for the 21st century, along with its gretaer expansion into non-western society.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2010, 05:24:04 AM »

Source?
"We know that the sun is 93 million miles away and takes up 5 degrees of the sky.