Transit of Mercury

• 230 Replies
Re: Transit of Mercury
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2016, 12:58:20 PM »
Looks to me that weeks have passed between the two images.  I suppose you are going to claim that you took both pictures this morning?  ::)

Well yes actually along with about 20 others. Would you like all 20 of them? What makes you think that weeks have passed between images?...

The little dot is very close to the edge of the sun in one photo and very far from the edge in the other.  Do I need to do the math in order to tell you how many tenths of a degree Mercury moves in relation to the sun per day, or are you going to just admit that you did not take both pictures at the same time?

What are you talking about?! Mercury transits the sun in about 5hours.
I watched most of it. Here is an image from about an hour later...

Notice how the same sunspot is present...which wouldn't be if these were taken on different days. Check the exif data if you don't believe me...
Is that another stock image that you are trying to present as an actual experiment?  Will NASA ever run out of computer generated images for you people to use in order to try to prove the shape of the Earth?  Will you people ever stop saying that you can determine the shape of the Earth by looking at the sky?
First off, if you load Stellarium (actually do something), you can see how the Mercury transit would have happened if you looked today (actually did something). Of course, no FEer is going to do this as it might burst their bubble. From my location in Denver, CO, the transit started around 06:55 (sunrise) and ended at 12:40 (approx 6 hrs later, so no, the pictures did not have to happen a week apart or some other dribble). BTW, Stellarium is doing the math from whatever location you put into it so we don't have to redo it. Why should anyone waste their time on your disbelief. Why don't you do the math and prove them wrong since you dispute the images and transit.

Second, as you and other FEers don't do astronomy or really know Astronomy 101, I expect nothing of importance from what you have to say about anything concerning astronomy - images, photographs, whatever - just screaming "fake" and "lalala" holding your ears. I know reality really sucks for FEers and their fantasies.

Third, for anyone who actually uses a telescope, your statements are quite ignorant. Aligning telescopes to track the sky, that has been done for decades, definitely determines the shape of the Earth. The mounts being aligned - corresponding the latitude of the observer AND pointing at the N/S Celestial Poles AND parallel to the Earth/Sky rotation - definitely and definitively demonstrate the Earth is spherical and definitely and definitively not FLAT. There is only one shape that I know of that has these properties simultaneously - a sphere. If you are too ignorant for that, oh well. Keep saying YOU can't determine the shape of the Earth from the sky (of course YOU can't because you won't even try. If you say it a couple thousand times it will be just as wrong as the first time you said it).

It would be of interest, if any FEer can actually explain how an equatorially mounted telescope even works on a FE (they work in reality - the real world - as evidenced by observatories and people who actually own one).

So jroa, go on with your FE fantasy that has absolutely NOTHING to do with reality - our world. Enlighten us.

I have Stellarium.  Did it ever occur to you that the software was programmed by a group or entity that could code it anyway that they want to?  Did it occur to you that NASA has programmers employed by them?  I suppose that anything that Stellarium says must be the absolute truth, just like what ever the satanists at NASA say, right?

You also have eyes I assume, and you can look at the sky, to verify just how accurate Stellarium is. Guess what: you're not going to find a fault.

I think the point is Stellarium is programed by NASA. But in order to make the night sky line up with Stellarium NASA has to control everything in the night sky. Only God and Satan have the power to do that. So I think this is further proof that NASA is run by satanists.

?

Jadyyn

« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2016, 04:03:27 PM »
I think the point is Stellarium is programmed by NASA. But in order to make the night sky line up with Stellarium NASA has to control everything in the night sky. Only God and Satan have the power to do that. So I think this is further proof that NASA is run by satanists.
Really, can you provide any evidence that Satan and NASA can control the night sky. This should be interesting...
“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.” W.C. Fields.
"The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

getrealzommb

• We do actually live on a ball: But who cares?
« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2016, 07:51:38 PM »
Nice pics all who posted em!  Unfortunately thick cloud cover killed it for me this time.   :(

Jroa, thanks for the entertainment.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 08:00:09 PM by getrealzommb »

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2016, 07:56:36 PM »
Looks to me that weeks have passed between the two images.  I suppose you are going to claim that you took both pictures this morning?  ::)

Well yes actually along with about 20 others. Would you like all 20 of them? What makes you think that weeks have passed between images?...

The little dot is very close to the edge of the sun in one photo and very far from the edge in the other.  Do I need to do the math in order to tell you how many tenths of a degree Mercury moves in relation to the sun per day, or are you going to just admit that you did not take both pictures at the same time?
It's 8:56, do you know where your math is?

In actual post. Mercury sure is small in the pictures. Compared to when Venus made a transit of the Sun, Mercury is smallllll.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2016, 08:06:19 PM »
I think the point is Stellarium is programmed by NASA. But in order to make the night sky line up with Stellarium NASA has to control everything in the night sky. Only God and Satan have the power to do that. So I think this is further proof that NASA is run by satanists.
Really, can you provide any evidence that Satan and NASA can control the night sky. This should be interesting...

Well the fact that a program like Stellarium seems to predict the movements of the night sky. How else would you explain it?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2016, 09:36:26 PM »
Good ole jroa. Says something stupid and now won't fess up.

Good ole sokarul.  You can always count on him to make low content posts that add nothing to the discussion.  When was the last time you were banned for low content posting?  I could look it up, if I really cared.

Do it.

And if you want examples of low content posts. Look at your own.

Don't tempt me.  Just stop posting low content posts in the upper fora.  You have been here long enough to know it is against the rules and that a warning for doing something means you should probably quit doing the thing that your were warned for.
Look we might be able to do it for the globe because we know (or can find out) the relevant orbital radii and angular velocities, but for the flat earth the are no details available.

So please come up these calculations based on flat earth data as you kindly offered.

Pretty please!

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2016, 11:53:04 PM »

Well the fact that a program like Stellarium seems to predict the movements of the night sky. How else would you explain it?

If I see you running towards a wall and knowing that you're never going to stop, how did I predict that you're going to slam onto it?
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

?

Jadyyn

« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2016, 04:36:54 AM »
If you know the physics and math of something, you can extrapolate what will happen. When you travel by car, train or plane and you know how fast it is going (say 60 mph), how do you know you will reach a place 120 mi away in 2 hrs? How can you plan for it? Truck drivers do it all the time. Pilots/airlines do it all the time. Most people driving to work do it. Does everyone (especially the passengers) control the speed and distance? Does that mean everyone is a satanist working for NASA?

Simply put, if you can calculate something that is done periodically (like sunrise/sunset or the orbits of Mercury, Venus and other planets), you can predict it. On a computer, you can model it. It doesn't mean you control it. You don't need to be Satan or a satanist to say that tomorrow at 5:49 AM the Sun will come up. Making emotional claims (Satan/satanists) becomes silly.
“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.” W.C. Fields.
"The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

Pezevenk

« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2016, 05:02:03 AM »
Oh, what a shock. Jroa seems to have disappeared. Well, that's not the first time that happens anyway.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2016, 09:00:15 AM »
Well, I see the shill pack is up to their old games: overload a thread with an astroturf maneuver so that a dozen people are all repeating the same thing over and over and the one opponent who is conversing with them is overwhelmed and unable to respond to the individuals.  Well, your fake grassroots ploy does not fool anybody.  You might want to look a  little deeper into your shill book of tricks in order to find something that we have not seen before.  You people are a little pathetic. 

« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2016, 10:28:28 AM »
You people are a little pathetic.

...says the man who doesn't have the guts to admit that he was wrong...

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2016, 10:31:02 AM »

Wrong about your shill maneuver not working?  I don't think I was wrong about that. 

« Reply #72 on: May 11, 2016, 10:33:48 AM »

Wrong about your shill maneuver not working?  I don't think I was wrong about that.

You were, but more pathetic was your failed attempt at using your mathematical *cough* knowledge to try and argue errors in the timings of my images only to be shot down by people who actually understood the basic concept of perspective.

You really got egg on your face this time Jroa.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #73 on: May 11, 2016, 10:39:49 AM »

You were, but more pathetic was your failed attempt at using your mathematical *cough* knowledge to try and argue errors in the timings of my images only to be shot down by people who actually understood the basic concept of perspective.

Better to have egg on one's face than scabs on one's knees from sucking up to the shill handlers. 

« Reply #74 on: May 11, 2016, 10:42:51 AM »

Better to have egg on one's face than scabs on one's knees from sucking up to the shill handlers.

Hahaha! Man I wish I got paid for wasting my time here! Instead i battle away just like a teacher of an unruly class to try and educate the simpletons here present.

Pezevenk

« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2016, 11:17:03 AM »
Well, I see the shill pack is up to their old games: overload a thread with an astroturf maneuver so that a dozen people are all repeating the same thing over and over and the one opponent who is conversing with them is overwhelmed and unable to respond to the individuals.  Well, your fake grassroots ploy does not fool anybody.  You might want to look a  little deeper into your shill book of tricks in order to find something that we have not seen before.  You people are a little pathetic.

Oh, I am sorry that we overwhelmed you! I'm sorry that we lead you to this great mistake! I'm sure that when you saw the pictures that richaddis provided, you were SO overwhelmed, that you just had to play smart and make an incredibly stupid mistake! Then you were SO overwhelmed, that you had to run around posting sarcastic comments towards those who pointed out your mistake! In fact, you were so overwhelmed, that you couldn't even admit you are wrong!!! Oh poor old sensitive jroa...

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #76 on: May 11, 2016, 11:20:08 AM »

Oh, I am sorry that we overwhelmed you! I'm sorry that we lead you to this great mistake! I'm sure that when you saw the pictures that richaddis provided, you were SO overwhelmed, that you just had to play smart and make an incredibly stupid mistake! Then you were SO overwhelmed, that you had to run around posting sarcastic comments towards those who pointed out your mistake! In fact, you were so overwhelmed, that you couldn't even admit you are wrong!!! Oh poor old sensitive jroa...

Do I need to count how many posts you people made saying the exact same thing over and over, even after I went to bed and before I logged in again to answer even one of you? 

Obvious shills are obvious.  Perhaps when you make your next accounts, you will not make your shillness so obvious. 

Pezevenk

« Reply #77 on: May 11, 2016, 02:08:38 PM »

Do I need to count how many posts you people made saying the exact same thing over and over, even after I went to bed and before I logged in again to answer even one of you? 

Obvious shills are obvious.  Perhaps when you make your next accounts, you will not make your shillness so obvious.

Awww, we're so cruel we can't even let you sleep! Oh, I'm so sorry, you must be so overwhelmed by now that you still haven't admitted your mistake!

By the way, thanks for reminding me that I'm a shill. I almost forgot that I was part of a goddamn hive mind, like another moron on this site thinks.

There are no shills here. Grow up. Nobody except for a few of us who do it mostly for entertainment, but also to expose this silliness gives a shit about FES. I think you don't even believe in it deep inside you, you're just too stubborn to admit it to yourself. Or maybe it's comforting to you to believe that you're not a sheep and know something more.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2016, 04:09:18 PM »

Awww, we're so cruel we can't even let you sleep! Oh, I'm so sorry, you must be so overwhelmed by now that you still haven't admitted your mistake!

By the way, thanks for reminding me that I'm a shill. I almost forgot that I was part of a goddamn hive mind, like another moron on this site thinks.

There are no shills here. Grow up. Nobody except for a few of us who do it mostly for entertainment, but also to expose this silliness gives a shit about FES. I think you don't even believe in it deep inside you, you're just too stubborn to admit it to yourself. Or maybe it's comforting to you to believe that you're not a sheep and know something more.

Just because you people tell each other what to think, that does not mean you can dictate my thoughts. 

« Reply #79 on: May 11, 2016, 08:24:19 PM »

No sympathy. When you make a stupid remark and "threaten" to do the math to back it up, expect to be asked to do the math and back it up. Since you were bluffing, it sucks to be you.

If you don't like the response, don't make a stupid statement and claim you can back it up, unless you think you can back it up.

Simple.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #80 on: May 11, 2016, 08:32:59 PM »

No sympathy. When you make a stupid remark and "threaten" to do the math to back it up, expect to be asked to do the math and back it up. Since you were bluffing, it sucks to be you.

If you don't like the response, don't make a stupid statement and claim you can back it up, unless you think you can back it up.

Simple.

I am sorry that Math is so threatening to you.  If I knew that it would shatter your fragile feelings, I would not have even mentioned the M word.  Please. forgive my ignorance. 

« Reply #81 on: May 11, 2016, 08:40:58 PM »

Simple.

I am sorry that Math is so threatening to you.  If I knew that it would shatter your fragile feelings, I would not have even mentioned the M word.  Please. forgive my ignorance.

Are we going to see your math? I don't know where I stand in this debate, and am generally curious as to what calculations you would bring to the table here.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #82 on: May 11, 2016, 08:41:30 PM »

Simple.

Shameless thread derailment.
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #83 on: May 11, 2016, 08:49:44 PM »

Simple.

Are we going to see your math? I don't know where I stand in this debate, and am generally curious as to what calculations you would bring to the table here.

I was wrong, just as 80 sock puppets pointed out.  Perhaps you have some salt to pour in my wound?  Maybe some lemon juice?   You can be a dick, just like the shill meat puppets, if you want to be.  But, you cant take me down until the NASA agents get to me. 

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #84 on: May 11, 2016, 09:03:40 PM »
He clearly can't do the maths he claimed to be able to, anyone can see that now.

Leave the poor lad alone
I'm anti-judaism.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #85 on: May 11, 2016, 09:06:00 PM »
He clearly can't do the maths he claimed to be able to, anyone can see that now.

Leave the poor lad alone

No shit.  I messed up.  Are you 12 years old?  Can you let go of your mommy's skirt long enough to talk to adults? 

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #86 on: May 11, 2016, 09:07:23 PM »

Leave the poor lad alone

No shit.  I messed up.  Are you 12 years old?  Can you let go of your mommy's skirt long enough to talk to adults?

So you admit you lied when you said you can do the math?
I'm anti-judaism.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #87 on: May 11, 2016, 09:10:26 PM »

Leave the poor lad alone

So you admit you lied when you said you can do the math?

No, idiot.  I was mistaken, for once in a long while.  Are you Jesus?  Do you walk on water?  Maybe you are the Virgin Marry?  You can't take it when someone admits they where wrong for once, so you have to drag it on and on. 

Pezevenk

« Reply #88 on: May 12, 2016, 12:07:40 AM »

Simple.

I was wrong, just as 80 sock puppets pointed out.  Perhaps you have some salt to pour in my wound?  Maybe some lemon juice?   You can be a dick, just like the shill meat puppets, if you want to be.  But, you cant take me down until the NASA agents get to me.

Oh look! That's a first! He admitted it! Well, if I was Papa Legba, I wouldn't have let it go like that, but I'll just let it go.

By the way, it's cute that you think NASA agents are coming for you.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
« Reply #89 on: May 12, 2016, 02:43:44 AM »
This is true:

This is funny:

By the way, it's cute that you think NASA agents are coming for you.

You shills REALLY need to watch your vocabulary.

Repeating the same stock phrases from sock-to-sock is the biggest giveaway as to your tactics.

It's cute that you make it so easy for me!

Anyhoo; back to staring at tiny dots in the sky & believing it proves a damn thing about the earth beneath our feet...

This abject nonsense has been brought to you courtesy of the autistic pseudo-science of Astrophysics!
I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!