water always finds level?

• 95 Replies
Re: water always finds level?
« Reply #90 on: June 01, 2016, 02:17:45 AM »
Yep...just as I thought...ALL OF YOU IN A COMBINED CHORUS!!!

"IT CANNOT BE DONE!!! IT CANNOT BE DONE!!!"

And of course, the fact an experiment cannot be used to demonstrate ANY ASPECT OF THE SUPPOSED EFFECT OF GRAVITY ON WATER causes NONE OF YOU FUCKING ASSHOLES A PROBLEM...yet, we would be the ones labeled deficient?

Convex water, simply because of a miracle "g"...I spit in all of your faces...
Real low type aren't you!
Just admit that some things simply cannot be modeled on a small scale.
Nevertheless the value of the Universal Gravitational Constant has been measured numerous time, obtaining quite reasonable agreement with Henry Cavendish's measurements in 1797–1798, so gravity has been measured and is real!

What is the original topic, short bus rider? Answer = Water and its level
Is the OP about a flat earth model? Answer = Fuck no
Finally = STFU about me building a model and you get busy admitting you believe horseshit. You are the one who cannot replicate anything.

...And to top it off, just because you cannot perform an experiment on a small scale proves nothing.

All your cussin', splutterin' an' spittin' won't get you anywhere. It won't change the facts. It makes you look a poor loser.

It proves you cannot demonstrate your hypothesis and therefore your original premise (water in terms of millions of trillions of gallons) does NOT exist in a convex state on the supposed globe. You are the loser. Not me.
Ummm

There, spherical water.

What part of millions of trillions of gallons eluded you there, Maynard? Fucking hayseed...
You said create a smaller scale model, I found one, proving water can be spherical on the small scale, therefore it can be spherical on a large scale.

« Reply #91 on: June 24, 2016, 04:24:43 PM »

And of course, the fact an experiment cannot be used to demonstrate ANY ASPECT OF THE SUPPOSED EFFECT OF GRAVITY ON WATER causes NONE OF YOU A PROBLEM...yet, we would be the ones labeled deficient?

The reason why you can't do a scaled down version is because of earth's gravity. The water would stick to earth more readily than you scale model. Now if we were in outer space in a Goldie locks zone then maybe. Plus what are water dropplets?

And you have abdicated true knowledge in exchange for a magic, non-existent "g." Goldie Locks is a FAIRY TALE!

Prove it. And gravity is not magic, its science.

Bottom line, true science requires REPLICATING the hypothesis...modeling the idea...and instead of that, you fall for math trickery...

There no math trickery, there is just math. I may not be good at it but ANYONE willing to learn can complete complicated math problems. I'm just not willing to learn (don't take that wrong math experts). And modeling, while convinent and helpful, its not existential. Speaking of modeling I'm into model railroading. What you're asking about earth is like me asking to make a 1/87th scale anatomically correct living human being. Does that disprove that human beings exist if I can't? Certain things only work full scale.

I can mathematically calculate a lot of things, many times in my head. Riding my bike, I can look ahead to an upcoming, open, four-way, intersection, estimating my speed and that of an intersecting car (even without a speedometer) and determine whether or not I need to slow down to stop at the intersection or blast away at the pedals.

So, I am not surprised that there may be formulas available to apply to almost anything else in life. But the FORMULA PROVES NOTHING!!!

Understand now, shill?

« Reply #92 on: June 24, 2016, 04:26:55 PM »

And of course, the fact an experiment cannot be used to demonstrate ANY ASPECT OF THE SUPPOSED EFFECT OF GRAVITY ON WATER causes NONE OF YOU FUCKING ASSHOLES A PROBLEM...yet, we would be the ones labeled deficient?

Real low type aren't you!
Just admit that some things simply cannot be modeled on a small scale.
Nevertheless the value of the Universal Gravitational Constant has been measured numerous time, obtaining quite reasonable agreement with Henry Cavendish's measurements in 1797–1798, so gravity has been measured and is real!

What is the original topic, short bus rider? Answer = Water and its level
Is the OP about a flat earth model? Answer = Fuck no
Finally = STFU about me building a model and you get busy admitting you believe horseshit. You are the one who cannot replicate anything.

...And to top it off, just because you cannot perform an experiment on a small scale proves nothing.

All your cussin', splutterin' an' spittin' won't get you anywhere. It won't change the facts. It makes you look a poor loser.

It proves you cannot demonstrate your hypothesis and therefore your original premise (water in terms of millions of trillions of gallons) does NOT exist in a convex state on the supposed globe. You are the loser. Not me.
Ummm

There, spherical water.

What part of millions of trillions of gallons eluded you there, Maynard? Fucking hayseed...
You said create a smaller scale model, I found one, proving water can be spherical on the small scale, therefore it can be spherical on a large scale.

1) You did not create it.
2) It is not in the form of the model I described.
3) What forces are at work to make your little droplet?
4) GFY

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
« Reply #93 on: June 24, 2016, 08:32:57 PM »

And of course, the fact an experiment cannot be used to demonstrate ANY ASPECT OF THE SUPPOSED EFFECT OF GRAVITY ON WATER causes NONE OF YOU A PROBLEM...yet, we would be the ones labeled deficient?

The reason why you can't do a scaled down version is because of earth's gravity. The water would stick to earth more readily than you scale model. Now if we were in outer space in a Goldie locks zone then maybe. Plus what are water dropplets?

And you have abdicated true knowledge in exchange for a magic, non-existent "g." Goldie Locks is a FAIRY TALE!

Prove it. And gravity is not magic, its science.

Bottom line, true science requires REPLICATING the hypothesis...modeling the idea...and instead of that, you fall for math trickery...

There no math trickery, there is just math. I may not be good at it but ANYONE willing to learn can complete complicated math problems. I'm just not willing to learn (don't take that wrong math experts). And modeling, while convinent and helpful, its not existential. Speaking of modeling I'm into model railroading. What you're asking about earth is like me asking to make a 1/87th scale anatomically correct living human being. Does that disprove that human beings exist if I can't? Certain things only work full scale.

I can mathematically calculate a lot of things, many times in my head. Riding my bike, I can look ahead to an upcoming, open, four-way, intersection, estimating my speed and that of an intersecting car (even without a speedometer) and determine whether or not I need to slow down to stop at the intersection or blast away at the pedals.

Fun fact: no one knows exactly how does a bike works.

So, I am not surprised that there may be formulas available to apply to almost anything else in life. But the FORMULA PROVES NOTHING!!!

It does however explain the things we see. If formulas prove nothing the what about E=mc squared?

Understand now, shill?

Yes, though you don't have to name call, moron. ;)
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

« Reply #94 on: June 25, 2016, 07:50:17 AM »
If you scaled the earth to the size of a large bowling ball, the average depth of the oceans would be 0.00248 inches or about 2.5 thousandths of an inch.
Turkish joke. A prisoner goes to the jail's library to borrow a book. The librarian says: "We don't have this book, but we have its author"

?

Jadyyn

« Reply #95 on: June 25, 2016, 08:57:04 AM »
If you scaled the earth to the size of a large bowling ball, the average depth of the oceans would be 0.00248 inches or about 2.5 thousandths of an inch.
Also, on such a small amount (depth) of water, you have to take into account forces that do not scale such as evaporation and water surface tension and the size of atoms/molecules.

Evaporation would probably get rid of the water in a minute (oceans don't do that) and surface tension would probably be 1000's of times more important than gravity.

I have a great idea for anyone who wants a scale model - why don't you first demonstrate a scale model of a human at that size with functioning systems (e.g. circulatory, respiratory, reproductive, etc.). After all, size doesn't matter does it? If you can make a human 100 nm tall (scale model), I will believe humans exist.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 09:06:48 AM by Jadyyn »
“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.” W.C. Fields.
"The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."