A Friendly Chat

• 3842 Replies

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
Re: A Friendly Chat
« Reply #3780 on: July 25, 2023, 08:52:30 AM »
My dog ate a bunch of sunflower seeds. THE POOPING HAS ALREADY BEGAN.

There was a bag of birdseed on the front porch, it has been there for a couple years, I didn't even remember it was there. The raccoons found it and tore the bag open. I didn't know Beebee ate a bunch of it until this morning. She puked up a bunch of seeds, and she has diarrhea. THIS WILL BE A FUN DAY.

lol dogs 
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #3781 on: July 25, 2023, 10:07:11 AM »
Yeah. We have an anti tinsel guideline in our house for similar reasons.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3782 on: July 25, 2023, 12:10:27 PM »
I am a little bit worried. She hasn't pooped or puked for a few hours, but she feels terrible and doesn't want to eat. I managed to get a spoonful of rice and some medicine (but not the full dose) in her earlier. Hopefully she just needs to rest for a little bit. If she's not better by tomorrow I will take her to the vet.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #3783 on: July 25, 2023, 01:22:06 PM »

She should be fine (I'm not a vet though), my dogs regularly eat the bird seed I put out as the fucking Jackdoors keep knocking the feeders down, they do nutty-bar poos for a day or two and they're ok.
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3784 on: July 25, 2023, 03:24:36 PM »
She felt good enough to harass the urchin next door, but her energy ran out quickly. I still can't get her to eat food, but she did lick some sour cream off my finger, and she ate a greenie.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3785 on: July 26, 2023, 05:33:29 PM »
She's still having trouble keeping food down, but the poop hurricane seems to be over. I think the lining of her stomach is probably really irritated from the scratchy sunflower seeds. I feel pretty certain her intestines aren't blocked because she pooped out a bunch of the grass she ate yesterday. 

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3786 on: August 04, 2023, 06:46:25 AM »
Last night Beebee scared me to death. She found a bufo toad. If a dog gets one of those toads it can kill them in less than an hour and there is no antidote. Since she is still alive, I suppose she didn't get any of the toxins in her mouth, but I had to rinse her mouth out and watch her for signs of being poisoned for an hour. FUCKING DOGS.  >:(

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #3787 on: August 04, 2023, 09:05:41 AM »
For the sunflower seeds issue, the dog needs to rehydrate with lots of water.  Annoying as they will need to pee more, but try to get them to drink more water.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #3788 on: August 04, 2023, 09:17:08 AM »
Sometimes I picture Florida as a miniature version of Australia.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3789 on: August 04, 2023, 10:15:17 AM »
The bufo toads were introduced to control pests in the sugarcane fields, sometimes they are called cane toads. They're originally from South America, I think.  This is the 4th one in the yard this year, sometimes we don't see any, but usually about 1 a year. I don't know why there are so many this year! It's very scary. They come out at night, so the only way to see them is if you walk near them and they hop away.

Also, NotSo, Beebee is already over the sunflower seeds nightmare. She threw a bunch of them up, and she pooped a bunch of them out. I gave her... I can't remember what it is called, but it's basically Kaopectate for dogs and cats. I didn't give it to her until I was pretty sure she'd passed all the seeds, just to help heal the lining of her guts and settle her stomach so she could eat and drink. She is back to being a monster. Also, she is in love with a cat someone dumped out the other day.

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #3790 on: August 04, 2023, 03:17:54 PM »
Ah.  Well good that she has recovered from that and is still doing well considering the frong.  Hopefully you won't have any more frog scares.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3791 on: August 04, 2023, 03:33:45 PM »
This dog lives to make me fear for her life! I was going to say that I've never had a terrier before, but I've had pitbulls, they're kind of lazy though. This one is full on hunting dog ALL THE TIME (except when she's asleep).

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3792 on: August 13, 2023, 08:42:05 AM »
The cicadas are so loud I thought one of my appliances was about to explode.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #3793 on: August 27, 2023, 08:48:24 PM »
. Also, she is in love with a cat someone dumped out the other day.

Awww!!

I'm at school now. Its been nice to find out that despite it being 20 years since I last did maths at school, its all coming back to me quickly. Less nice to find out that I am so weak I struggled to check the calibration of the torque wrenches
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3794 on: August 28, 2023, 06:28:22 AM »
Hey Gayer! You must always remember to check the torque wrenches. lol

I am waiting for hurricane Idalia. The cone of uncertainty is real.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #3795 on: August 28, 2023, 08:51:58 PM »
Good luck with that, hopefully hurricane Idalia is an idler and doesn't bother to hurricane much.

I lubricated an aeroplane yesterday, what fun. And got the hang of twisting lockwires.
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #3796 on: August 29, 2023, 01:39:04 PM »

Hi G, keep them planes greasy.

Spacey, good luck with the wind.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #3797 on: September 09, 2023, 10:25:14 AM »

Hi G, keep them planes greasy.

Spacey, good luck with the wind.

I have kept them greasy. I've also weighed them. Planes are heavy.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3798 on: September 15, 2023, 07:57:19 AM »
I haven't mowed the yard since I came down with a mysterious illness, and today I picked up all the tree limbs without collapsing in a coughing fit. I think I can get it mowed today if it doesn't rain. Maybe I will mow in the rain IF I HAVE TO.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #3799 on: September 15, 2023, 01:42:30 PM »

Went to Lundy again (family & friends), stayed at the castle top of the picture, as castles go it's a bit small, built by Henry III to keep the pirate family of the De Marisco's at bay in the 1200's.

click to enlarge.

They had allied themselves against the crown to the Scots and French, and Henry II had William de Marisco (the first) hung drawn and quartered.

All that is left is the keep and broken walls, it's a bit dingy to to stay in as the only window that doesn't look to the courtyard is in the toilet.

It's a bastard walk up that hill, the coastguard helicopter arrived on our last day as an 80yr old day-tripper with a heart defect came over, walked up and nearly died surprisingly.

Saw seal pups, peregrines, Ravens, Sitka deer and found a Manx-Shearwater skull which we added to the Curnunnos shrine at old light. 

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3800 on: September 15, 2023, 03:36:23 PM »
That's beautiful. (not the 80 yr old dying, lol)

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #3801 on: September 18, 2023, 10:03:53 PM »
Oh wow what a place!

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #3802 on: September 18, 2023, 11:12:13 PM »
The presentation... I don't know.  But the historical value, nice.

Try to summon their ghosts while you're there!

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #3803 on: September 19, 2023, 04:57:59 AM »

Hell no! you don’t mess with the dead on Lundy, too damn many of them. including 2 giants found in Bulls paradise in 1856 when they were digging the foundations for some farm buildings, interred in granite sarcophagi the male measured at 8 foot 2 inches (2.5 metres), along with beads dated 600-800 BC.

Not to mention the shipwrecks and the mass of potential zombie hordes that could rise from the sea, hardly the sort of company you want to call up on an isolated island 10 miles from the coast with sketchy phone coverage, frequent fogs and lights that go out at 12.30. Have you never seen a horror movie Crouts, because if there’s a tick list of situational give aways to avoid a bloodbath ending, then apart from the stark beauty of the place, Lundy has it all.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2023, 06:32:36 AM by Jura-Glenlivet II »

Alexei

• レクシー
  • Flat Earth Believer
  • Over it.
« Reply #3804 on: September 19, 2023, 08:54:26 AM »
I'll try to pop in every now and then so you know that I am here but won't post as often.

« Reply #3805 on: September 20, 2023, 05:44:37 PM »
Hello!
"All of us have our individual curses, something that we are uncomfortable with and something that we have to deal with.” -- Wes Craven

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #3806 on: September 21, 2023, 08:02:31 AM »

Hell no! you don’t mess with the dead on Lundy, too damn many of them. including 2 giants found in Bulls paradise in 1856 when they were digging the foundations for some farm buildings, interred in granite sarcophagi the male measured at 8 foot 2 inches (2.5 metres), along with beads dated 600-800 BC.

Not to mention the shipwrecks and the mass of potential zombie hordes that could rise from the sea, hardly the sort of company you want to call up on an isolated island 10 miles from the coast with sketchy phone coverage, frequent fogs and lights that go out at 12.30. Have you never seen a horror movie Crouts, because if there’s a tick list of situational give aways to avoid a bloodbath ending, then apart from the stark beauty of the place, Lundy has it all.

Sounds like an excellent collection of ghosts to commune with. Don't be a wuss.

I've been riveting today. It wasn't as riveting as I hoped it would be.
I've been wanting to make that joke all day but no one else there would get it.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #3807 on: September 21, 2023, 08:35:15 AM »
Did you use a gun, or hot rivets and a hammer? I bet it was a gun, being airplanes and not a ship. Do you weld? I used to be a welder; I miss those black bogeys.

And no to the Wuss thing, this was a holiday not an episode of Scooby Doo.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #3808 on: September 21, 2023, 10:57:03 AM »
You big wuss.

Used pneumatic guns, next time we're going to use the hand ones I think. I did a whole bunch of rivets then realised I did them wrong and had to drill them all out and start again.

Welding isn't used much, I dunno if we get to do it.

I've got to write a CV now (which I haven't done since 6th form I think) to send to the military plane place near me to see if they'll take me on for work experience, apparently they don't take dual nationals but hoping they'll make an exception.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3809 on: September 21, 2023, 11:59:24 AM »
Tell them you will rivet them if they don't!