James's theory on dinosaurs

• 1811 Replies

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
Re: James's theory on dinosaurs
« Reply #720 on: February 26, 2010, 06:20:37 AM »
Keep this discussion on topic or you will be banned.  I believe this is the third time I've had to warn about this.

You should probably move this thread to the proper forum then as it has absolutely nothing to do with fe theory.

It is a major contribution to FE canon and has substantial explanatory power with regard to issues in zetetic geology and geography. As a fervent globularist I would not expect you to understand its merit.
I'd hardly call it canon, but then again, there are few things one can even call "canon" in respect to FET.  However, it most certainly has to do with flat earth theory.

Vegetation fossils aren't exactly hard to come by, so why haven't we found any that resemble boats or rafts.

It's hardly surprising if you consider the ratio of plants found to plants which existed. There would have to have been a staggeringly large number of boats in order for it to be statistically probable that one would be found. Current evidence is not anomalous in light of the approximate proportions of fossils found to fossilisable artifacts which were produced.

However, that's not to say the boats aren't out there. I personally think we should be looking for them much harder than we currently are.
If boats are found they will also likely be misidentified for a long time.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

« Reply #721 on: February 26, 2010, 06:28:31 AM »
I'm still curious......

Are you conceding that dinosaurs did not have the ability to build complex machines such as the one you implied they were capable of building?
"We know that the sun is 93 million miles away and takes up 5 degrees of the sky.

« Reply #722 on: February 26, 2010, 08:20:52 AM »
Keep this discussion on topic or you will be banned.  I believe this is the third time I've had to warn about this.

You should probably move this thread to the proper forum then as it has absolutely nothing to do with fe theory.

It is a major contribution to FE canon and has substantial explanatory power with regard to issues in zetetic geology and geography. As a fervent globularist I would not expect you to understand its merit.

Vegetation fossils aren't exactly hard to come by, so why haven't we found any that resemble boats or rafts.

It's hardly surprising if you consider the ratio of plants found to plants which existed. There would have to have been a staggeringly large number of boats in order for it to be statistically probable that one would be found. Current evidence is not anomalous in light of the approximate proportions of fossils found to fossilisable artifacts which were produced.

However, that's not to say the boats aren't out there. I personally think we should be looking for them much harder than we currently are.

You use the term "globularist" as a pejorative, like it is something that we should be ashamed of. Try understanding our point of view before making adolescent ad hominem attacks.

Without evidence of these boats having ever existed beyond the fact that you want it to be true in order for your Flat Earth premise to make sense, it is nothing more than a baseless hypothesis.
There is evidence for a NASA conspiracy. Please search.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #723 on: February 26, 2010, 05:18:33 PM »

You use the term "globularist" as a pejorative, like it is something that we should be ashamed of. Try understanding our point of view before making adolescent ad hominem attacks.

Without evidence of these boats having ever existed beyond the fact that you want it to be true in order for your Flat Earth premise to make sense, it is nothing more than a baseless hypothesis.

Labeling your opponent is fine as long as you are acting like he is oppressing you.

« Reply #724 on: February 26, 2010, 08:49:53 PM »
I love how no one has discussed how if dino's can make rafts, how do they use them effectively? I doubt any large dinosaurs could use rafts nor could it be used to cross oceans. This leaves lots of large dinosaurs' habitats that are split by the atlantic ocean.

Also, just because something is feasible, doesn't mean we should accept it. There is substantial evidence for the movement of tectonic plates that has nothing to do with dinosaurs. As scientists, we accept the most complete theory until another more complete one comes along. This is feasible but is in conflict with the far more complete tectonic plate theory.

If you can reconcile all the evidence of the plates moving, then you might be on to something.

« Reply #725 on: February 26, 2010, 09:41:22 PM »

*points to his own username* ;D

« Reply #726 on: February 26, 2010, 09:48:14 PM »
They used wood for their fuel.

Burning wood works well for making hot.

As I said on the last page, fossil fuels existed far before dinosaurs were around, so there is no reason they didn't use them just as we are.

So it wasn't an asteroid, but climate change that was their downfall?  :o  :)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 12:12:45 AM by Globularist »

Moon squirter

• Ding dong!
« Reply #727 on: February 27, 2010, 12:51:34 AM »
This whole thread should be renames "James's opposition to continental drift theory".

That is where all this originates from.  James does not believe that the earth's crust moves over time, therefore the fossil record requires something else to explain its distribution.  The dinosaur fleet is secondary.

James needs to give us a serious argument as to why continental drift doesn't exist and plate-tectonics is wrong.   Then we can proceed.
I haven't performed it and I've never claimed to. I've have trouble being in two places at the same time.

?

trig

« Reply #728 on: February 27, 2010, 06:01:06 AM »
This whole thread should be renames "James's opposition to continental drift theory".

That is where all this originates from.  James does not believe that the earth's crust moves over time, therefore the fossil record requires something else to explain its distribution.  The dinosaur fleet is secondary.

James needs to give us a serious argument as to why continental drift doesn't exist and plate-tectonics is wrong.   Then we can proceed.
The argument given by James, several pages ago, is "it has been proven elsewhere in this forum". But his real argument is the "ugh!" explanation: he thinks that this theory is ugly, therefore there must be a proof somewhere to debunk it. Whats more, he feels he can base his thought process on the existence of this proof, even though it does not exist.

The "ugh!" argument was used for some time against Continental Drift when the evidence was skimpy, but a lot has happened since then.

« Reply #729 on: February 27, 2010, 11:27:21 AM »

*points to his own username* ;D

They can't use that word. Only we can use that word!

Waddup mah globularist brotha.
There is evidence for a NASA conspiracy. Please search.

?

EireEngineer

• Woo Nemesis
« Reply #730 on: February 27, 2010, 11:37:47 AM »
Its a stupid term. We believve in a globe, not a glob.
If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the precipitate.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #731 on: February 27, 2010, 11:42:28 AM »
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

?

flyingmonkey

• Troll trolling Trolls
« Reply #732 on: February 28, 2010, 01:42:08 AM »
They do originate from the mantle, and that is precisely how they become magnetic, I'm not sure how you've construed me as suggesting otherwise.

Doop doop

Do you believe in plate tectonics?
No.

So if rocks originate from the mantle, that would mean that they somehow get to the surface, at divergent boundaries - which is a part of plate tectonics.

Make up your mind.

You cannot keep adding material to a surface without removing it from somewhere else and keep the same size.

Eventually, the surface will move away from where new material is being added and get closer to where it is being removed.

So um, if he thinks new rock is formed at boundaries, but not that it moves, how does that work?

« Reply #733 on: March 09, 2010, 12:12:01 AM »
Globularist is a hell of a word to try to pronounce. a bit of a tongue twister. I lurked a lot, in fact...I think I found the word on this thread, I think James is one of the few who actually uses it.

they could have at least come up with something like globalist, which is already a scary conspiracy theorist word.

Lord Xenu

• ALL HAIL XENU!
« Reply #734 on: March 15, 2010, 03:46:55 AM »
Globularist is a hell of a word to try to pronounce. a bit of a tongue twister. I lurked a lot, in fact...I think I found the word on this thread, I think James is one of the few who actually uses it.

they could have at least come up with something like globalist, which is already a scary conspiracy theorist word.

I prefer globite.

On a completely unrelated note, you know how continental drift has been "disproved" on these forums, meaning dinosaurs needed to build boats? Well how did the rest of the animals get across, e.g. worm species which are the same in Africa as in South America?

Ichimaru Gin :]

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #735 on: March 15, 2010, 03:48:35 AM »
Early worms were not restricted to land.
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

Lord Xenu

• ALL HAIL XENU!
« Reply #736 on: March 15, 2010, 03:49:57 AM »

So after they got onto seperate continents, they evolved in exactly the same way?

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #737 on: March 15, 2010, 03:51:13 AM »

So after they got onto seperate continents, they evolved in exactly the same way?
Well depends if you believe they evolved, then traveled or traveled, then evolved.
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

Lord Xenu

• ALL HAIL XENU!
« Reply #738 on: March 15, 2010, 03:57:00 AM »

Well depends if you believe they evolved, then traveled or traveled, then evolved.

I think they evolved then the continents drifted apart.

?

Thermal Detonator

• Definitively the best avatar maker.
« Reply #739 on: March 15, 2010, 04:04:39 AM »

Were early worms the ones that were caught by the early bird?
Gayer doesn't live in an atmosphere of vaporised mustard like you appear to, based on your latest photo.

Lord Xenu

• ALL HAIL XENU!
« Reply #740 on: March 15, 2010, 04:09:12 AM »

Yes, they were caught by archaeyopteryx.

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #741 on: March 15, 2010, 04:09:50 AM »

:D

Lord Xenu

• ALL HAIL XENU!
« Reply #742 on: March 15, 2010, 04:14:11 AM »

Anyway, you haven't really explained how the same species of worm could exist in two continents.

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #743 on: March 15, 2010, 04:31:28 AM »

Anyway, you haven't really explained how the same species of worm could exist in two continents.
They traveled.
They had many options too.
They could have traveled of their means. (more likely for closer landmasses). The trek honestly wouldn't be that hard for the resilient worm which could travel through different terrain and matter states (water) and had primitive "muscles" (Outside of mesoderm for lacking celoem types) allowing decent locomotion

(unlikely but:) Some could have even hitched a ride on the boats

***Also, if James is correct with his theory (he has done a great job providing evidence to doubting globularists), then it is more than likely that some unfortunate dinosaurs were hosts to worms and as an effect, carried them with overseas.

For more basal species, another host could have done the job with even better means of travel

« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 05:19:21 AM by Ichimaru Gin :] »

« Reply #744 on: March 15, 2010, 06:28:12 AM »

They traveled.
They could have traveled of their means. (more likely for closer landmasses). The trek honestly wouldn't be that hard for the resilient worm which could travel through different terrain and matter states (water) and had primitive "muscles" (Outside of mesoderm for lacking celoem types) allowing decent locomotion

***Also, if James is correct with his theory (he has done a great job providing evidence to doubting globularists), then it is more than likely that some unfortunate dinosaurs were hosts to worms and as an effect, carried them with overseas.

For more basal species, another host could have done the job with even better means of travel

I must have missed all the evidence. Could you please point it out.

Thanks.

Lord Xenu

• ALL HAIL XENU!
« Reply #745 on: March 15, 2010, 12:08:35 PM »

They traveled.

We're talking about the same organisms that exist in South America and Africa, so they wouldn't have been able to swim the Atlantic. Also, this is before dinosaur colonialism.

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #746 on: March 15, 2010, 01:53:28 PM »

They traveled.

We're talking about the same organisms that exist in South America and Africa, so they wouldn't have been able to swim the Atlantic. Also, this is before dinosaur colonialism.
Some species Could.
Also, proof?

« Reply #747 on: March 15, 2010, 03:57:47 PM »
Where is this great evidence you speak of Ichi??  ??? ??? ???

I think, unfortunately, us REer's missed it somehow.

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans

?

Thermal Detonator

• Definitively the best avatar maker.
« Reply #749 on: March 15, 2010, 06:39:14 PM »
But a small appetizer, a soupcon of the sea of drivel one has to wade through when reading posts by Mad James, spectacular in their nonsense quotient.
Gayer doesn't live in an atmosphere of vaporised mustard like you appear to, based on your latest photo.