Is Trump In On The Conspiracy?

• 36 Replies

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
Re: Is Trump In On The Conspiracy?
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2019, 11:55:02 AM »
As many of you know, I'm not fan of the conspiracy ideas. However, I'd love to hear what folks that do believe in it have to say about this:

They let Trump touch the orb, but they don't tell him anything.

Trump's left hand is on Mexico. I think he pretty aware what he does. And his right hand seems on through Europe.

Saudi's two hands on Canada through USA.

And as the expected no one gives a shit on Australia.

Everything on this picture is well planned.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2019, 10:35:29 PM »
As well as the recent comments by Sanders that says they will send us flat earthers up in space for a while.

To answer your original question, there is no conspiracy. As for a statement by Sanders about sending flat earthers into space, could you provide a link.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2019, 11:23:44 PM »
As well as the recent comments by Sanders that says they will send us flat earthers up in space for a while.

To answer your original question, there is no conspiracy. As for a statement by Sanders about sending flat earthers into space, could you provide a link.
I have so far failed to find that link but on the way I found this:
Quote from: Phil Plait
Bad Astronomy, Flat Earth? Really?
The world is filled with dumbosity, and it’s all we can do to fight it. But sometimes an idea is so ridiculous that you have to wonder if it’s a joke.

Yeah, I mean the Flat Earthers. Can people in the 21st century really think the Earth is a flat disk, and not a sphere? When I see their claims I have to wonder if it’s an elaborate hoax, their attempt to poke a hornet’s nest just to see how reality-based people react. The media will sometimes talk to these goofballs, and I’m glad to report it’s almost always tongue-in-cheek, which is probably more than they deserve.

The BBC News site recently covered this topic, and, well, you just have to read it. I pretty much lost it around this quotation:
“People are definitely prejudiced against flat-earthers,” says John Davis, a flat earth theorist based in Tennessee… “Many use the term ‘flat-earther’ as a term of abuse, and with connotations that imply blind faith, ignorance or even anti-intellectualism.”
Well, duh. Why do you think that is, Mr. Davis? It’s because you need blind faith, ignorance, and anti-intellectualism to think the Earth is flat.

I was thinking of writing up a definitive post debunking this silliness, but decided I have better things to do, like clipping my toenails. It’s like trying to disprove solipsism; why bother? I don’t see this as being a particularly infectious bit of antiscience (like, say, the Moon Hoax or the antivax movement), and it’s pretty limited in its scope. Maybe someday if I’m particularly bored — like say locked in a room with just water, bagels, and an internet-connected computer — I’ll write something up. It would be a fun mental exercise, but not terribly useful against the Flat Earthers. If someone showed them my page, they’d probably just deny the existence of the internet.
The things that pop up when you're looking for something else ;).

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2019, 03:31:46 AM »
As for a statement by Sanders about sending flat earthers into space, could you provide a link.
Still looking with no success but this might be of interest: Is the Earth flat? A special Truth News investigation.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2019, 06:26:44 PM »
I can't find it as well. Unfortunately, I found it via the Apple News app which has no history that I know of that I can access.

It was in some random news story about Space Farce, but in all honesty - she says so much random ass shit, it was probably the usual nonsense.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2019, 06:26:58 PM »
I'd love to know where it was from though.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2019, 08:25:48 PM »
I can't find it as well. Unfortunately, I found it via the Apple News app which has no history that I know of that I can access.

It was in some random news story about Space Farce, but in all honesty - she says so much random ass shit, it was probably the usual nonsense.
It wasn't anything like this was it ;D?

THE FLAT EARTH SOCIETY wins a free trip to space ::).

MISSION CONTROL . . . . . . MISSION CONTROL? . . . . . . MISSION CONTROL? . . . . . . MISSION CONTROL? . . . . . . MISSION CONTROL? . . . . . . MISSION CONTROL? . ???