I'm new

• 157 Replies

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
Re: I'm new
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2018, 12:17:51 PM »
That said, the dome doesn't sit perfectly well with me either. However, it is an idea in the discourse.

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2018, 12:24:31 PM »
If we had a real dome over our world, that would indicate and proof beyond shadow of a doubt the existence of God or creator.  NASA could not hide the dome. NASA can hide flat earth but no not the dome.

On our side of the dome, you can see Fred Bruenjes, one of the world's top photographers.

On the other side of the dome, you can observe both the Sun and the Black Sun.

Without a dome, which is an invisible aether barrier/shield of very high density, no terrestrial gravity would be possible on a flat earth.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2018, 12:33:01 PM »
Without a dome, which is an invisible aether barrier/shield of very high density, no terrestrial gravity would be possible on a flat earth.

Why? An infinite flat earth has a perfectly fine terrestrial gravity model.

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2018, 01:06:29 PM »
Wouldn't a "dome" cause air pressure to equalize?
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2018, 01:25:45 PM »

No.

https://www.docdroid.net/abhC8KU/infplane.pdf

You still have to use the attractive gravitational model which is totally false.

The attractive gravitational model has been debunked many times: the Biefeld-Brown effect, the Allais effect, the DePalma effect.

No one can explain how a graviton can attract another graviton.

You might also want to listen to Leonhard Euler:

“Now, in whatever way we imagine the cause of gravity, as it is the effect of the pressure of a fluid, the force with which each molecule is pushed will always be proportional to the extension or the volume of that molecule. Indeed it is a general rule of hydrostatics that fluids act according to the volumes: a body immersed in water is always pushed by a force equal to the weight of an equal volume of water, but in an opposite direction.”

“the matter which constitutes the subtle fluid, cause of the gravity, is of an utterly different nature from the matter, of which all sensible bodies are composed. There will hence be two kinds of matter, one which provides the stuff to all sensible bodies, and of which all particles have the same [high] density [...]; the other kind of matter will be that of which the subtle fluid, which causes gravity, and which we name ether, is composed of. It is probable that this matter has always the same degree of density, but that this degree is incomparably smaller than that of the first kind.”

L. Euler, “Recherches physiques sur la nature des moindres parties de la matiere,” in Leonhardi Euleri Opera Omnia, Series Tertia, Pars Prima (B. G. Teubner, Leipzig and Bern 1911), pp. 3–15

“Those who attribute gravity to an attractive force of the Earth base their opinion mainly on the fact that otherwise no origin could be displayed for this force. But since we proved that all bodies are surrounded with ether and are pressed by the elastic force of the latter, we do not need to search elsewhere the origin of gravity. Only if the pressure of the ether would be everywhere the same, which assignment is indistinguishable from that of its equilibrium, would the bodies be equally pressed from every side, and thus would not be induced in any motion. But if we assume that the ether around the Earth is not in equilibrium, and that instead its pressure becomes smaller as one comes closer to the Earth, then any given body must experience a stronger pressure downwards on its superior surface that it does upwards on its inferior surface; it follows that the downwards pressure will have the advantage and hence that the body will really be pushed downwards, which effect we call gravity, and the downwards-pushing force the weight of the body.”

L. Euler, “Von der Schwere und den Kraften so auf die himmlischen Korper wirken,” in Leonhardi Euleri Opera Omnia, Series Tertia, Pars Prima (B. G. Teubner, Leipzig and Bern 1911), pp. 149–156

(translation by Dr. M. Arminjon)

http://www.johnpratt.com/items/docs/enoch.html#Enoch_75

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=30499.msg2033009#msg2033009

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2018, 01:36:22 PM »

No.

https://www.docdroid.net/abhC8KU/infplane.pdf

You still have to use the attractive gravitational model which is totally false.

The attractive gravitational model has been debunked many times: the Biefeld-Brown effect, the Allais effect, the DePalma effect.

No one can explain how a graviton can attract another graviton.

You might also want to listen to Leonhard Euler:

“Now, in whatever way we imagine the cause of gravity, as it is the effect of the pressure of a fluid, the force with which each molecule is pushed will always be proportional to the extension or the volume of that molecule. Indeed it is a general rule of hydrostatics that fluids act according to the volumes: a body immersed in water is always pushed by a force equal to the weight of an equal volume of water, but in an opposite direction.”

“the matter which constitutes the subtle fluid, cause of the gravity, is of an utterly different nature from the matter, of which all sensible bodies are composed. There will hence be two kinds of matter, one which provides the stuff to all sensible bodies, and of which all particles have the same [high] density [...]; the other kind of matter will be that of which the subtle fluid, which causes gravity, and which we name ether, is composed of. It is probable that this matter has always the same degree of density, but that this degree is incomparably smaller than that of the first kind.”

L. Euler, “Recherches physiques sur la nature des moindres parties de la matiere,” in Leonhardi Euleri Opera Omnia, Series Tertia, Pars Prima (B. G. Teubner, Leipzig and Bern 1911), pp. 3–15

“Those who attribute gravity to an attractive force of the Earth base their opinion mainly on the fact that otherwise no origin could be displayed for this force. But since we proved that all bodies are surrounded with ether and are pressed by the elastic force of the latter, we do not need to search elsewhere the origin of gravity. Only if the pressure of the ether would be everywhere the same, which assignment is indistinguishable from that of its equilibrium, would the bodies be equally pressed from every side, and thus would not be induced in any motion. But if we assume that the ether around the Earth is not in equilibrium, and that instead its pressure becomes smaller as one comes closer to the Earth, then any given body must experience a stronger pressure downwards on its superior surface that it does upwards on its inferior surface; it follows that the downwards pressure will have the advantage and hence that the body will really be pushed downwards, which effect we call gravity, and the downwards-pushing force the weight of the body.”

L. Euler, “Von der Schwere und den Kraften so auf die himmlischen Korper wirken,” in Leonhardi Euleri Opera Omnia, Series Tertia, Pars Prima (B. G. Teubner, Leipzig and Bern 1911), pp. 149–156

(translation by Dr. M. Arminjon)

http://www.johnpratt.com/items/docs/enoch.html#Enoch_75

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=30499.msg2033009#msg2033009
As pointed out 100 times, the graviton is part of string theory, not general relativity.

Also Biefeld-Brown effect is neat in the Ionic Breeze air purifier.

Allais effect is gravitation.

DePalma effect is gyroscopes appearing to do weird things.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2018, 01:58:56 PM »
John Davis, I know my infinite ocean theory is very unpopular here but do you understand it? and if yes do you agree with it somewhat? I used to believe that beyond Antarctica there was infinite land dry land, however know I'm sure it is ocean not land but with many super landmasses here and there. What do you think about that?
JJA voted for Pedro

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2018, 04:35:31 PM »
an infinite flat plane with domes.
Can you draw me a diagram of that?
No, but Shenton can:

Come on John you don't really believe in Dome non sense. I mean look at your illustration it looks ridiculous. Earth is an infinite ocean and infinite continents.

I am trying to make sense of the drawing, too.
One dome seems to be covering what appears to be a flat earth map.
One covers something that looks like a white blob in the centrer.
Another a rectangle.
And there is a dark blue mass of something with no dome.
Unless there is some explanation of all this, the drawing makes absolutely no sense at all.
Clearly he has no idea what might be in the other domes, and supplied a few guesses.

It is beyond me why an infinite plane with multiple domes would make 'absolutely no sense at all' to you; since others seem to get the idea, I have to assume its on you.

It makes no sense at all compared to reality.
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2018, 06:31:01 PM »

Not everyone spent time in the navy in the middle of the last century.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2018, 06:42:28 PM »

Not everyone in the real world works in some job or field of work such as scientists, engineers, technicians, cartographers, etc.where it is necessary to know that the earth is a globe. This also includes those who spent time in the navy at any time.

Chorus:

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2018, 06:45:05 PM »

But one does not have to be in the navy to realise that this gobbledygook from New Earth "makes no sense at all compared to reality".
Well yes, infinite earth features many civilizations, many races and cultures. I just don't think these other worlds are inside domes. I view them as super continents kind of like Pangea used to be or much larger situated on top of the infinite ocean. And yes its a good point about Jesus's ascension he probably did go to Paradise located outside Antarctica . Infinite earth also explains UFO's and many other paranormal phenomenon. I actually think that when we die we get new physical bodies and live beyond Antarctica on some of these worlds. Heleocentric model actually makes the existence of aliens pretty impossible because in Heleocentrism there are light years between planets and galaxies, infinite earth is all connected by land and water, this makes the case for Aliens a lot more probable.
New Earth must be presenting the fantasies from his LSD induced dreams to come up with stuff like that.

« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2018, 07:01:40 PM »
NASA could not hide the dome.

Since no one has located it, there is no evidence for it, and NASA can't hide it, there is no reason to believe it exists other than wishful thinking.

NASA can hide flat earth but no not the dome.[/i]

There is no evidence at all that the earth is flat. Like your supposed dome, there's nothing to hide there, either.

On our side of the dome, you can see Fred Bruenjes, one of the world's top photographers.

On the other side of the dome, you can observe both the Sun and the Black Sun.

That's a picture of the November, 2003 total solar eclipse on the horizon in Antarctica.  Here's an explanation. The caption says Mr. Bruenjes is the photographer, not the person in the picture, by the way.

Here are the circumstances of that eclipse, which were predicted in advance:

No need for a dome, or invisible aether barrier, or shield of very high density. The shadow of the moon on a rotating globe explains the phenomenon elegantly and predicted its circumstances quite accurately, which is how the photographers knew exactly where to be, and when to be there, to see it.

"Without a dome ... no terrestrial gravity would be possible on a flat earth."

According to that, since there's no evidence for a dome (and, according to you, NASA can't hide it), and terrestrial gravity is quite well known to exist, then the only conclusion must be that the earth isn't flat.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2018, 07:50:47 PM »

But one does not have to be in the navy to realise that this gobbledygook from New Earth "makes no sense at all compared to reality".

FE has not asked you to believe anything.
Your persistent attack is entirely for your own pleasure.

I am curious what you gain from trying to shut down creative thought.

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2018, 09:55:51 PM »
NASA could not hide the dome.

Since no one has located it, there is no evidence for it, and NASA can't hide it, there is no reason to believe it exists other than wishful thinking.

NASA can hide flat earth but no not the dome.[/i]

Not my quotes.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2018, 10:13:50 PM »

What's creative about LSD induced dreams?
And my "persistent attack" is my feeble attempt to show that these numerous fantasies about all these different flat earth "models" are just that, fantasies.

Surely after all this time, and Gotham assures us that FET has been around far longer that GET (Globe Earth Theory), if the earth were really flat than Flat Earthers:
  • would have an accurate "Flat Earth Map",
  • a reasonable explanation for sunrises and sunsets,
  • an explanation for how the sun and moon can stay almost exactly the same apparent size from rising to setting even though the distances must change so much,
  • an explanation for why the constellations stay the same apparent size and shape from rising to setting even though the distances must change so much,
To expand on the map issue.
On the real earth,
the distance between the meridians of longitude decreases going south from from 111 km/deg at the equator, lat 0° down to 0 km/degree at lat -90° as illustrated in:
On the usual flat earth map and apparently the one assumed by the member, Flat Earth,
the distance between the meridians of longitude increases when going south from from 175 km/deg at the equator, lat 0°  up to 349 km/degree at latitude -90° as illustrated in:
That "175 km/deg" at the equator is based on the flat-earth being 40,000 km in diameter, close to the  Wiki's "The figure of 24,900 miles is the diameter of the known world".

The difference is so large that anyone can easily check the difference just by driving east or west a few hundred kilometers.
Longitude differences are easily estimated by observing the change in solar time - even the Flat Earth Wiki claim this.

Just a few weeks back I drove 333 km (on the car oddo) from here to Miles, Queensland, almost due west of here.
The longitude of Miles is about 150.2° E and the longitude here is about 153.0° E, the difference is 2.855° so even the road distance is only 117 km/deg.
But on that usual flat-earth map the straight line distance would be about 174 km/deg or a total of 498 km.

No great accuracy is needed to prove that the Ice-Wall map "makes no sense at all compared to reality".

Of course you might claim that the Ice-Wall map is not the official map
but all other maps do is to move the problem around - Shuffling the deck-chairs in the Titanic.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2018, 10:51:12 PM »

And my "persistent attack" is my feeble attempt to show that these numerous fantasies about all these different flat earth "models" are just that, fantasies.

So derision is your motivation?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2018, 12:01:05 AM »

So derision is your motivation?
Derision only of someone like Flat Earth who posts these "hypotheses" that appear to have not a trace of evidence to back them up.

Most flat-earthers seem to believe that they have evidence for their belief.
I might not agree that the evidence points to a flat earth but at least their belief has some evidence backing it up.
 ;) I'm a bit funny that way ;) in that I expect to see evidence that can be debated and either accepted or possibly debunked.

But why do you pick only one word out of my whole post and write as though "derision is" my main "motivation"?

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2018, 12:36:50 AM »

But why do you pick only one word out of my whole post and write as though "derision is" my main "motivation"?

It's like you're asking me why I think boiling water is hot.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2018, 01:48:48 AM »
But is boiling water hot?

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2018, 01:54:11 AM »
But is boiling water hot?

Anything above absolute zero is relatively hot.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2018, 03:17:22 AM »
Anything above absolute zero is relatively hot.
And what experience has any live moose had with any temperature below 0°F?

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2018, 08:01:13 AM »

Not everyone in the real world works in some job or field of work such as scientists, engineers, technicians, cartographers, etc.where it is necessary to know that the earth is a globe. This also includes those who spent time in the navy at any time.
Lucky for them, and myself, it is not necessary to know the earth is a globe because such a thing is an impossible feat. You know, unless you hold on to Aristotelian nonsense values about knowledge and ignore the Enlightenment, and are setting back humanity thousands of years.

Tell me, do you believe in spontaneous generation too?

« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2018, 08:52:06 AM »
Not my quotes.

There is no attribution.

Why not use quote marks or, better, quote blocks, with a link to or citation of the source?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2018, 09:04:38 AM »
Sandokhan I would also add Newton himself:
Isaac Newton - In a letter to Dr. Bentley, Feb 25 1692
"That gravitation should be innate and inherent in matter, so that one body can act upon another at a distance is to me so great an absurdity, that I believe no man who has, in philosophical matters, a competent faculty of thinking, can ever fall into it. "

That said, I'll review the effects you list; thanks.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2018, 09:11:22 AM »

Lucky for them, and myself, it is not necessary to know the earth is a globe because such a thing is an impossible feat. You know, unless you hold on to Aristotelian nonsense values about knowledge and ignore the Enlightenment, and are setting back humanity thousands of years.

Tell me, do you believe in spontaneous generation too?

Evidently your work does not include those groups I mentioned .
And knowing the earth is a globe  is not an "impossible feat".
That the earth is a globe is a known fact and has evidence and proof of it.
Flat earth has no evidence whatsoever.
Flat earth even has the stupidity to try to pass off the North Polar Azimuthal Equidistant Projection, which is one on many projections of the globe as a "Flat Earth Map Of The Earth."
FE will even acknowledge they have yet to produce their own accurate flat earth map.
There being no flat earth to work from , that is "an impossible feat".

Some examples where it must be known that the earth is a globe due to the curvature of a sphere are. :
Estimating the distance to the horizon for different heights of an observer. (The old reference to The Navy Manual For Lookouts.)
Knowing the distance to the horizon for the maximum range for some surface search radar systems.
Knowing the distance to the horizon for the spacing of repeater stations for some microwave repeater systems.
Sectional and Oceanic charts made from projections of the globe.
And many other applications.

Chorus:

« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2018, 09:44:08 AM »
Hand drawn domes andartist interpretations of ice walls are valid "proofs" but nasa is cgi fakery?

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2018, 10:16:23 AM »
Hand drawn domes andartist interpretations of ice walls are valid "proofs" but nasa is cgi fakery?

And are the tables for the distances to the horizon for the heights of the observers  in "The Navy Manual For Lookouts" fakery ?
And are projections of the globe "valid proofs" that the earth is flat ? (Unipolar and Bipolar)

Chorus:

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2018, 10:20:15 AM »
John Davis, I know my infinite ocean theory is very unpopular here but do you understand it? and if yes do you agree with it somewhat? I used to believe that beyond Antarctica there was infinite land dry land, however know I'm sure it is ocean not land but with many super landmasses here and there. What do you think about that?

What do you think about aerial and satellite views and maps of Antarctica and Geodesy in general ?

Chorus:

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2018, 10:25:36 AM »

Nope, no one claimed the drawings are proof.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2018, 10:27:35 AM »

Well yes, infinite earth features many civilizations, many races and cultures. I just don't think these other worlds are inside domes. I view them as super continents kind of like Pangea used to be or much larger situated on top of the infinite ocean. And yes its a good point about Jesus's ascension he probably did go to Paradise located outside Antarctica . Infinite earth also explains UFO's and many other paranormal phenomenon. I actually think that when we die we get new physical bodies and live beyond Antarctica on some of these worlds. Heleocentric model actually makes the existence of aliens pretty impossible because in Heleocentrism there are light years between planets and galaxies, infinite earth is all connected by land and water, this makes the case for Aliens a lot more probable.
New Earth must be presenting the fantasies from his LSD induced dreams to come up with stuff like that.

IMHO you don't need LSD or drugs to induce those fantasies and dreams and "stuff like that"...Just your own imagination.
How about Jules Verne, L. Frank Baum,  H.G. Wells and all those other authors.....Samuel  Birley Rowbotham included  ?

Chorus: