Hi Everyone

• 7 Replies
Hi Everyone
« on: August 01, 2018, 12:28:10 AM »
Hi guys I just joined and i'd like to get to know everyone. I have been bullied at school because of my personal beliefs about the flat Earth, so I joined on here because this is where I think I will finally be able to talk about my thoughts on the Flat Earth. I personally would like to help new people to the website with learning more about the flat Earth and I want to know more about this website.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 12:42:47 AM by WilliamStevenson17 »

Cinnamon buns

• Hello
Re: Hi Everyone
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 03:01:36 AM »
Hi, I am a round earther. Not always online though but it's fun trying to convince someone to know that the earth is round but it doesn't really matter to me what you believe. Anyways, Welcome to the Flat Earth Society Forum.
No hate

WTF IS THIS.
I have last fucked a fetö agent to death,

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 02:22:34 PM »
Hi guys I just joined and i'd like to get to know everyone. I have been bullied at school because of my personal beliefs about the flat Earth, so I joined on here because this is where I think I will finally be able to talk about my thoughts on the Flat Earth. I personally would like to help new people to the website with learning more about the flat Earth and I want to know more about this website.
I've been thinking about this since I first read it. I've been asking myself, "What would I say to someone who came to me with this in-person?"

Before I go further, I'll point out the obvious. This is the internet, and I don't know you. It is entirely reasonable to imagine that you are not entirely what you present yourself as. However, being who I am, I choose to proceed as if everything you have said is completely sincere.

I'm sorry to hear that you have been bullied. Bullying is unjustifiable. In my experience, a great deal of the "debate" surrounding the flat earth (particularly the popular youtube stuff) revolves around bullying. This is true of both sides. I would encourage you to reflect on this and try to avoid the trap of joining in with the bullying from the other side. I would encourage you to strive to rise above that behavior.

I'm very glad to hear that you are seeking out a group to form a sense of community. I think that is very wise. I've heard from a former flat-earther that, to him, the sense of community was the real key behind the entire FE movement. So I think you may find what you're seeking here.

Now for the hard part... There is no excuse for bullying, and I do not want you to feel as if any of that is your fault. But I do want you to take a pause and reflect on why you believe what you do. I don't know your story, but I am immediately concerned that you have been tricked into committing to a belief system that is causing you distress.

Since it seems clear that you believe the earth is flat, I wouldn't expect you to take my word for it that this is incorrect. But I'd be very pleased if you would agree that evidence should be required before you made up your mind one way or the other. I think what I want to say is simply, "Please do join a community. Please, for your own sake, do not join a cult."

If I were you, I'd try to build a bridge with an astronomy club. Whether you think the earth is flat or round, you can look at the stars and planets and appreciate the beauty of space. And by using your astronomy skills, you can do some real research into the true shape of the earth. This could be a fantastic way to build a sense of community and build yourself a bright future in the process.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 02:28:21 PM »
LOL @ ICanScienceThat implying that the best way for someone getting bullied in school to avoid that particular private hell is to join the astronomy club.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 12:35:33 AM »
I bet ICanScienceThat knows all about being bullied. 

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2018, 03:00:37 AM »

Alas, this forum is full of angry globularist bullies. You jumped out of the frying pan into the fire.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2018, 04:42:48 AM »
Alt
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2018, 07:17:45 AM »
Alt

Of whom, though?  Maybe one of those meddling kids from the other site?