Measurements

• 51 Replies
Re: Measurements
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2018, 04:14:00 AM »
Brotherhood of the dome, have you forgotten the question? Are you not interested?

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2018, 06:42:45 AM »
While we wait for BOTD, have any other flat earthers got any measurements to share? It can be as simple as checking your tire pressure!

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2018, 03:59:45 PM »
While we wait for BOTD, have any other flat earthers got any measurements to share? It can be as simple as checking your tire pressure!

I put my tyres to 42psi. A little more than recommended but means my fuel economy is a bit better and should 1 or more drop a few psi (I am lazy and only check a few times a year), I'm still good. I find a good way to check your tyre pressures are low is if you are going down a slight hill and put the car in neutral, if you are slowing down, that means they are low. If you pick up speed, they are good.

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2018, 05:10:49 PM »

I put my tyres to 42psi. A little more than recommended but means my fuel economy is a bit better and should 1 or more drop a few psi (I am lazy and only check a few times a year), I'm still good. I find a good way to check your tyre pressures are low is if you are going down a slight hill and put the car in neutral, if you are slowing down, that means they are low. If you pick up speed, they are good.

Or you can drive a car that's newer than 12 years old.  Tire pressure sensors are mandatory on all cars 2007 and newer. 

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2018, 06:25:50 PM »

Or you can drive a car that's newer than 12 years old.  Tire pressure sensors are mandatory on all cars 2007 and newer.

True, but some are indirect sensors and would not actually tell you much about the actual tire pressure.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2018, 06:35:46 PM »

True, but some are indirect sensors and would not actually tell you much about the actual tire pressure.

I never trust the sensors and I think (like the engine check light), It may only turn on after there is a problem. Untold damage may be occurring before it finally tells you something is wrong. My guess is my tyres could be at 25psi and still no indication to tell me (my car is supposed to have this feature). I guess it would tell me after a blow out?

I had a Smart car built in 2008 that didn't even tell me when my car tyre blew out (tyre lasted 85K km!) I was wondering why the steering felt strange and pulled over. Lucky I did when I did or I would have destroyed the rim as well. Not a very Smart car! (when you look at them I guess they double as a coffin on wheels so I guess that's pretty smart though)

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2018, 06:40:20 PM »

I never trust the sensors and I think (like the engine check light), It may only turn on after there is a problem. Untold damage may be occurring before it finally tells you something is wrong. My guess is my tyres could be at 25psi and still no indication to tell me (my car is supposed to have this feature). I guess it would tell me after a blow out?

I had a Smart car built in 2008 that didn't even tell me when my car tyre blew out (tyre lasted 85K km!) I was wondering why the steering felt strange and pulled over. Lucky I did when I did or I would have destroyed the rim as well. Not a very Smart car! (when you look at them I guess they double as a coffin on wheels so I guess that's pretty smart though)

I would be interested in a braking distance test at both pressures. A longer stopping distance at the wrong moment could cost you more than you've saved on fuel! And whoa 85k!

« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2018, 06:55:13 PM »
I never trust the sensors and I think...

This message has been flat earther approved. 

JackBlack

« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2018, 09:37:49 PM »
I know this might be surprising, but there are people from outside the US.

Also you might want to check your math.
They were on all new vehicles part way through 2017. That means a car just over 10.5 years old (from the US) could potentially not have them.

« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2018, 09:50:27 PM »
I know this might be surprising, but there are people from outside the US.

Also you might want to check your math.
They were on all new vehicles part way through 2017. That means a car just over 10.5 years old (from the US) could potentially not have them.

Model year 19s are being sold right now. 19 minus 07 is 12. I realize this is a flat earth forum so there's an allowable error ratio of 100%.

I will concede the EU did not adopt this until 2012. I thought it was a global standard in 07 which is not correct.

JackBlack

« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2018, 09:53:05 PM »
Model year 19s are being sold right now. 19 minus 07 is 12.
And was it the 07 models, or the 08/09 models that were being sold in 2007 when all had them?

I will concede the EU did not adopt this until 2012. I thought it was a global standard in 07 which is not correct.
And there are some places that still don't mandate them.

« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2018, 10:03:22 PM »
And was it the 07 models, or the 08/09 models that were being sold in 2007 when all had them?

Federal emissions standards mandated that all passenger cars with a GVW of 2.8 metric tons or more and a towing capacity of at least 15 meganewton's have their tire pressure checked systematically every 30 seconds, 5 seconds if it detects a leak. A leak is defined as losing 1.2 psI over the course of 10 seconds. Modern vehicles nowadays approve the standards and allow the passengers to employ autonomous driving technology. You can't tell me for a SECOND that cloud based telemetry data wouldn't interfere with tire pressure sensors.

« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2018, 10:03:51 PM »
You are not wanted here jackblack. Go split hairs somewhere else

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2018, 10:15:02 PM »

Federal emissions standards mandated that all passenger cars with a GVW of 2.8 metric tons or more and a towing capacity of at least 15 meganewton's have their tire pressure checked systematically every 30 seconds, 5 seconds if it detects a leak. A leak is defined as losing 1.2 psI over the course of 10 seconds. Modern vehicles nowadays approve the standards and allow the passengers to employ autonomous driving technology. You can't tell me for a SECOND that cloud based telemetry data wouldn't interfere with tire pressure sensors.

Well the Smart car was only a tad over 700kg. The heaviest car I had was a 300ZX at over 1500kg. I cant think of many passenger vehicles that would weigh over 2.8 tonnes. Maybe if you drive a Hummer or something, that thing comes in at nearly 5000kg

Know your place

« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2018, 10:22:44 PM »
Maybe if you drive a Hummer or something, that thing comes in at nearly 5000kg

(((do I split hairs about the math when it's actually 4000kg or just keep typing)))

Many of my cars have had 3 pedals. Clutch, brake, and accelerator. Not necessarily in that order. But they could have been in that order. When clutching, some critics say to double clutch in order to save the syncros. What I don't understand is what this has to do with tire pressure monitoring systems.

« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2018, 10:58:34 PM »
it's worth nothing that gvwr, or whatever it’s called in various countries around the world, is not the weight of your vehicle. Instead it’s the maximum it is allowed to weigh fully loaded. Go weigh your car somewhere, could be fun!

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2018, 01:46:23 AM »
I do not have to reply members have at least 1250 posts. Look at the rules in my signature for 5 seconds.  :)
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2018, 03:40:30 AM »
I do not have to reply members have at least 1250 posts. Look at the rules in my signature for 5 seconds.  :)

I accept your defeat and lack of self control, for it was you who engaged in diologue with me. If you change your mind (again) I’ll be happy to show you the door (again).

« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2018, 06:09:50 AM »

Really?
Be gentle

« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2018, 07:11:08 AM »
In other news, I will be rather near Istanbul in a few weeks. Should I be bothered to take the measurement I already know to be correct?

JackBlack

« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2018, 01:59:36 PM »
it's worth nothing that gvwr, or whatever it’s called in various countries around the world, is not the weight of your vehicle. Instead it’s the maximum it is allowed to weigh fully loaded. Go weigh your car somewhere, could be fun!
So my splitting hairs isn't welcome, but yours is fine?

« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2018, 02:06:26 PM »
So my splitting hairs isn't welcome, but yours is fine?

Just go away, please