Cody’s Lab tryies to debunk FE theory...

• 28 Replies
Cody’s Lab tryies to debunk FE theory...
« on: December 20, 2017, 05:21:46 AM »
Here’s the video:

« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 05:23:54 AM by Garden hose »

Re: Cody’s Lab tryies to debunk FE theory...
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 12:04:37 PM »
Sometimes I try to understand why FEers try so hard to make all this intricated FE theory when it’s much simpler earth being round.
Also, why would the government try to make us think that earth is round and not a flat? (so say FEers). Usually, conspiracy theories have at least a tiny bit of sense because the conclusion is that, by making us believe so, someone has more votes, money, etc. But FE theory? What sense does that have?

BTW, lot of flat earthers have not even been to school

narcberry

• Official Flat Earth Society Spokesman/min
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 12:34:05 PM »
it’s much simpler earth being round.

Even simpler if there wasn't an earth. Are you now going to suggest there is no earth?

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 12:51:17 PM »

Even simpler if there wasn't an earth. Are you now going to suggest there is no earth?

How so? All our senses tell us there is an earth.

Do you think we're in a simulated reality akin The Matrix? That doesn't sound very simple.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

narcberry

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 12:52:27 PM »
My senses tell me there's a flat earth.

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2017, 02:59:48 PM »

No they don't.  You just don't want to listen to your senses.

narcberry

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2017, 03:11:01 PM »

No they don't.  You just don't want to listen to your senses.

Truthfully, I can only listen to one of them.

?

ER22

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2017, 03:44:58 PM »
And of course no FEs give a theory for how you could replicate the thin shadows of the slats all day long on a flat earth.
Typical FE debating, pick out one inconsequential error in a post and comment on that.
"Truthfully, I can only listen to one of them"
"Ha ha I am so witty, another victory for FE!"
 Yes I was paraphrasing in the last quote.
But it's not far off.
Show me a Flat Earth map that works.

EvolvedMantisShrimp

• Physical Comedian
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2017, 03:54:10 PM »

An imaginary Earth sounds very complicated to me.
Nullius in Verba

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2017, 04:31:52 PM »
And of course no FEs give a theory for how you could replicate the thin shadows of the slats all day long on a flat earth.
Or no one bothers responding to video arguments because FEers get hassled enough and debating with someone too lazy to actually write out their point is hardly encouraging.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Macarios

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2017, 06:33:53 PM »
If you stick card in the ground at noon and make it parallel to sun rays (to cast just thin line shadow), during Earth's rotation it will draw cone.
That is because card will not be perpendicular to Earth's axis.
Except for equinox.

Other side of the cone (at midnight) obviously won't be parallel with sun rays, and if the Earth was transparent then the card would cast shadow on ceiling wider than just line.
Obviously, the angle between sun rays and the card changes during the day.
Again, on days other than equinox.

On the other hand, during equinox, the card will draw flat ring around Earth wherever in the world you set it.
Shadow of the card will remain thin line all day.
Or shadow of blinds.

In FE model card shadow (or blinds shadow) wouldn't remain thin line anywhere in the world, on any day.
Not even at the equator on equinox.

In FE model all latitude ring planes are the same plane, never parallel with sun rays.
In GE model every latitude ring plane is different, but they are all parallel, and all of them are parallel with sun rays for equinoxes.
I don't have to fight about anything.
These things are not about me.
When one points facts out, they speak for themselves.
The main goal in all that is simplicity.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2017, 06:57:39 PM »
My senses tell me that the sun rises from behind something (most people call it the horizon) and sets behind something.
Yet flat earthers still struggle with all sorts of improbable explanations.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2017, 07:03:09 PM »
Or no one bothers responding to video arguments because FEers get hassled enough and debating with someone too lazy to actually write out their point is hardly encouraging.
Well you show us how to do better instead of bitching all the time. It gets tedious.
It seems as though you also are too lazy to post you own arguments, so all you ever seem to do is complain about everyone else's.

At least we try, but the best we can say about you is that you are trying, exceedingly trying.

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2017, 07:42:28 PM »

OK.

If your senses tell you earth exists, why would "earth does not really exist" be simpler than "we can tell earth exists"?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2017, 08:40:28 AM »
Curious how no FEer has given any clear explanation to this video...

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2017, 11:32:40 AM »
The OP references the schooling record of FEers.  I am not quite sure how many of us have not been to school at all, but many of us have been to university completing our degrees.  Others teach at university and are involved in different disciplines relating to the scientific method.

It is important to note that an individual does not have to have had any schooling to know the Earth is flat.  There conclusion is as valuable as the most advanced scientist who comments on Earth shape.

Macarios

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2017, 11:39:26 AM »
It is important to note that an individual does not have to have had any schooling to know the Earth is flat.

No.
An individual does not have to have had any schooling to BELIEVE the Earth is flat.
And ONLY if doesn't have enough.

When you grow up, learn enough, and begin understanding how the world works, you will see for yourself that the Earth is Globe.
I don't have to fight about anything.
These things are not about me.
When one points facts out, they speak for themselves.
The main goal in all that is simplicity.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2017, 02:10:02 PM »
Well you show us how to do better instead of bitching all the time. It gets tedious.
It seems as though you also are too lazy to post you own arguments, so all you ever seem to do is complain about everyone else's.
What's tedious is having to put up with this nonsense on a regular basis. I'm not interested in posting more arguments, I've posted my favourite ones before, seen the responses, I don't feel the need to be the centre of attention and demand everyone repeat themselves for my benefit.
Maybe when this forum becomes usable for FEers and actual discussion is possible I'll post them again for better back-and-forth but until that stage it'd be pretty much pointless.

Instead of defending bad arguments and lazy posts, how about encouraging informed points?
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

?

ER22

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2017, 03:18:12 PM »
What's tedious is having to put up with this nonsense on a regular basis. I'm not interested in posting more arguments, I've posted my favourite ones before, seen the responses, I don't feel the need to be the centre of attention and demand everyone repeat themselves for my benefit.
Maybe when this forum becomes usable for FEers and actual discussion is possible I'll post them again for better back-and-forth but until that stage it'd be pretty much pointless.

Instead of defending bad arguments and lazy posts, how about encouraging informed points?

I encourage anyone with a workable flat earth map to post it.
Show me a Flat Earth map that works.

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2017, 10:08:49 PM »

And your way of encouraging informed posts is by disparaging "uninformed posts" (read to mean posts Jane doesn't like)?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2017, 12:01:12 AM »

I repeat, and will keep repeating,  Well you show us how to do better instead of bitching all the time. It gets tedious.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2017, 04:43:02 AM »
I repeat, and will keep repeating,  Well you show us how to do better instead of bitching all the time. It gets tedious.
And I repeat:

I've made my case. If, as some of the anti-FE arguments you're defending seem to imply, your idea of debate is to just ignore what the other side says, you're the one being tedious here.

Nightsky

• Know the implications of what you believe.
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2017, 07:50:36 AM »
And I repeat:

I've made my case. If, as some of the anti-FE arguments you're defending seem to imply, your idea of debate is to just ignore what the other side says, you're the one being tedious here.

Another bad argument sorry .....argument from repetition. tsk tsk.
You can call me Gwyneth
I said that
Oh for the love of- Logical formulation:
FET is wrong, unsupported by evidence, and most models are refuted on multiple fronts; those that aren't tend not to make enough predictions to be realistically falsifiable
Jane said these

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2017, 07:55:36 AM »

All maps are flat.

Nightsky

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2017, 08:49:05 AM »

All maps are flat.
Not true.
You can call me Gwyneth
I said that
FET is wrong, unsupported by evidence, and most models are refuted on multiple fronts; those that aren't tend not to make enough predictions to be realistically falsifiable
Jane said these

narcberry

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2017, 08:56:06 AM »

Nightsky

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2017, 09:03:05 AM »

All maps are flat.
Not true.

Prove it.

Are you serious? You do live in the 21st Century?.. 3D moving map displays have been used extensively in military aircraft since the 1980s, now there pretty much commonplace. My tom tom sat nav is 3D. If you want you can go buy one. Google maps?

https://www.rockwellcollins.com/Products_and_Services/Business_Aviation/Cabin/Content_and_Entertainment/Moving-Maps.aspx

You can call me Gwyneth
I said that
Jane said these

narcberry

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2017, 09:04:28 AM »
Looks 2D on my computer.

Nightsky

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2017, 09:22:13 AM »
Looks 2D on my computer.
Ah but that’s you.
You can call me Gwyneth
I said that
Jane said these