Actually Being Smart This Time

• 16 Replies

TheRoundEarther123

• Filler Filler Filler Filler Filler Filler Filler
Actually Being Smart This Time
« on: November 14, 2017, 02:28:36 PM »
Note: Do not discredit me for my spelling, I just suck at it.

Ok, to all who is a flat earther, lets think about this and be civilized.

Any thing you would like to see a Round Earther try to debunk, please post them in the comments. By "Round Earther" I mean me, surprise surprise.
"Do I want to die? Maybe, at least from looking at this forum."

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
Re: Actually Being Smart This Time
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 03:15:42 PM »

Any thing you would like to see a Round Earther try to debunk, please post them in the comments. By "Round Earther" I mean me, surprise surprise.

I believe you are here because you are an attention whore with nothing better to do,
debunk.....

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 07:05:49 PM »

I believe you are here because you are an attention whore with nothing better to do,
debunk.....

Aren't we all to some degree?
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 07:18:03 PM »
Please debunk Dark Matter for me. 

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 07:23:34 PM »

Aren't we all to some degree?

absolutely

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 09:55:03 PM »
Irrelevant to the shape of the earth, next please.

But why should anyone debunk it?
There is nothing to debunk as it is simply one hypothesis to explain the apparent anomalous orbital velocities of stars around galaxies.

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2017, 12:33:36 AM »

Ah yes. More FE lack of basic comprehension skills.

Congratulations, this is a beautiful example of the phenomenon.

JackBlack

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2017, 01:46:59 AM »

Technically it was a poor request by the OP.

The OP just asked for what people would like to see a RE try and debunk.
There was no requirement that it had to go against the RE.

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2017, 03:15:19 AM »

Techniclly humans should be able to understand the intent of a poorly worded statement or question based on its context.

That's still part of a persons ability to comprehend.

TheRoundEarther123

• Filler Filler Filler Filler Filler Filler Filler
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2017, 01:08:36 PM »

Techniclly humans should be able to understand the intent of a poorly worded statement or question based on its context.

That's still part of a persons ability to comprehend.

Sadly my OP was not to specific, but what I intended was things that go against the Round Earth.
"Do I want to die? Maybe, at least from looking at this forum."

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2017, 01:26:14 PM »

Dark Matter supposedly cannot be directly detected because it doesn't interact with baryonic matter, yet simultaneously is supposed to have a big effect on all the matter in the universe. These two "facts" are contradictory, therefore Dark Matter is stupid.
Any good?
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2017, 03:18:02 PM »
Debunk Sandokhan's Advanced FET  ;D
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2017, 06:15:17 PM »
I wouldn't waste my time with someone that believes the things he does:
The Thule and the Vril secret societies believed, at first, in the Glacial Cosmology of Hans Horbiger.

After that, they tried to combine Horbiger's ideas with the research done by Peter Bender on the inverted Earth theory (started by J.C. Symmes and C. Teed).

More details of these theories in the classic work by Bergier and Pauwels, The Morning of the Magicians.

https://web.archive.org/web/20101219081839/http://www.justintimeadventures.com/pipermail/torg/1998-March/012724.html (Shape of the Cosm section)

The experiments regarding the curvature of the Earth were carried out on the island of Rugen, using infrared devices. The outcome of these experiments was considered a state secret of the highest order and as such has never been disclosed to the public.
and
Quote from: sandokhan, Flat Earth Believers / Advanced Flat Earth Theory on July 14, 2009, 11:59:41 PM

Flat Earth Theory is a subset of a larger topic: the new radical chronology of history.
The new chronology of history: the correct chronology starts in the year 1000 AD, nothing is known prior to 800 AD.

The new radical chronology of history: each and every event assumed to have taken place prior to 1780 AD has been totally forged/invented/falsified. History is just some 365 years old (I started with a figure of 500 years, and slowly reduced the period to 364-365 years).

Christ was crucified at Constantinople some 260 years ago, and the falsification of each and every known religious text begun soon after, in the period 1775-1790 AD.
The Deluge occurred some 310 years ago; while the dinosaurs were created a few decades earlier, after Adam and Eve joined the one million pairs of humans which already were living beyond the Garden of Eden.
And
The Sun/ISS/Mercury transit videos show clearly the real dimensions of the Sun: not 1.4 million km in diameter (or for that matter, 50 km/32 mi), but just 1000/PHI ~= 618 meters:

ISS in front of the Sun

ISS sul Sole

Mercury Transit With Jets 11-8-2006

Mercury transit across the face of the Sun
The Moon/ISS transits show the same diameter as that of the Sun:

ISS Crosses The Moon

ISS Crosses The Moon

Some things are possible, some are totally impossible - debating with the half man/half tiger falls in the latter category.
You do not debate sandokhan! All you do is wade through pages of text!

He's worse that I am!

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2017, 06:59:08 PM »
I wouldn't waste my time with someone that believes the things he does:
Spoilsport.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

JackBlack

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2017, 03:40:24 AM »
How about you pick one thing from that rather than the entire mountain of bullshit?

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2017, 11:53:27 AM »
How about you pick one thing from that rather than the entire mountain of bullshit?
You pull one Jenga block out of that and the whole mountain of copy-pasta lands on you like a ton of bricks.

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2017, 06:40:24 PM »

Dark Matter supposedly cannot be directly detected because it doesn't interact with baryonic matter, yet simultaneously is supposed to have a big effect on all the matter in the universe. These two "facts" are contradictory, therefore Dark Matter is stupid.
Any good?

Dark matter is not a fact but a theory that scientists created to try and explain things that were happening in the universe that they couldn't explain such as a lot of mass in galaxies that could not be seen. Though a widely accepted theory, I would not go as far as calling anything about dark matter a 'fact' as it is just what scientists think might be there rather than what they know is there. Anyways, one of the things you have said isn't even true. Dark matter does interact with regular matter through gravity and weak forces but it does not interact with or emit observable electromagnetic radiation (such as light) at all which means it is invisible to the entire electromagnetic spectrum. You're perfectly fine to say that it is stupid if you want, even though it is widely accepted a minority of astronomers think that dark matter doesn't exist and personally I am also a bit sceptical about its existence due to how hard it supposedly is to actually observe. Just make sure you know at least the basics of the theory before you talk about it.