Re: Solar Eclipse

• 73 Replies

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2017, 04:06:04 AM »
On the flat earth the sun and moon are both supposedly 50 km in diameter,
so the above observed umbral widths are quite impossible on the flat earth model.
Quote from: Resistance.is.Futile
As you are a Heliocentric how are you an authority on the size of the Sun and Moon ?
I can read!
Quote from: The Flat Earth Wiki
The Moon
The moon is a sphere. It has a diameter of 32 miles and is located approximately 3000 miles above the surface of the earth.

The Sun
The sun is a sphere. It has a diameter of 32 miles and is located approximately 3000 miles above the surface of the earth.

When I cover my luminaire at home with a solid object the same size the vast majority of the room is in shadow even though the luminaire is only 300 mm
The vast majority of the 25 square meter room is in the shade.
If the light source is a uniformly bright sphere and the "solid object" is a sphere, what you say is not possible,
so please either show detailed drawings or photographs of your set-up.

You can not use your Heliocentric nonsense to debunk a Flat Earth Model.
We do not use Heliocentric nonsense, but simple rules of optics and physics.

So, try a better story to prop up your false neo-Flat Earthism Religion.

Don't try appealing to the Babylonians either,
because they did not have your silly model with the sun, moon, planets and stars circulating above their flat earth.

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2017, 05:13:36 AM »
so the above observed umbral widths are quite impossible on the flat earth model.
As you are a Heliocentric how are you an authority on the size of the Sun and Moon ?
I can read!
The Moon
The moon is a sphere. It has a diameter of 32 miles and is located approximately 3000 miles above the surface of the earth.

The Sun
The sun is a sphere. It has a diameter of 32 miles and is located approximately 3000 miles above the surface of the earth.

When I cover my luminaire at home with a solid object the same size the vast majority of the room is in shadow even though the luminaire is only 300 mm
If the light source is a uniformly bright sphere and the "solid object" is a sphere, what you say is not possible,
so please either show detailed drawings or photographs of your set-up.

We do not use Heliocentric nonsense, but simple rules of optics and physics.

So, try a better story to prop up your false neo-Flat Earthism Religion.

Don't try appealing to the Babylonians either,
because they did not have your silly model with the sun, moon, planets and stars circulating above their flat earth.

Incorrect

The Babylonian's did have the same Model as did the Chinese as did the Sumerians;  that is reality.

Your Strange Heliocentric Religion is False.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2017, 05:15:23 AM »
I would love to see some photographs from planes of this upcoming eclipse, to check the size of the shadow on the ground. Hopefully someone will take some (unaltered) ones that we can all look at afterwards.
What makes anyone think that planes fly enough to see the entire shadow? ???
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2017, 05:19:39 AM »
Yeah, started a thread and I there is at least one more new one asking this.  So far no flat earthier has come forward with an explanation.

Found this, linked to a decent spot to watch for a couple minutes.

Explains the west-east shadow fairly well on a flat model. He says the sun and moon both circle clockwise, sun slightly faster so that it catches up every 2 weeks causing the moon phases ranging from full-new. In the case of this eclipse the sun will be approaching the moon from the east (casting the moon's shadow to the west) and overtaking it around the middle of the country (straight down shadow) then passing it casting the shadow back towards the east/south carolina, in a more oblong shape.

I am just having trouble visualizing the shape (sphere?) of sun and moon and their relative sizes and distances from each other when the eclipse occurs.
Since no-one seems to give the heights of the sun and moon there seems no way to check the details,
but that video does give a reasonable  qualitative explanation of at least the direction of the shadow's motion.

But, as far as I can see, it does not address at all the the size of the shadows that are observed. This is from another post:
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Look at this diagram:
That should make it completely obvious that
  • if the light source size is greater than the size of the object, then the umbra is smaller than the size of your object,
  • if the light source size is equal in size to the object, then the umbra is equal in size to the object and
  • if the light source size is less than the size of the object, then the umbra is greater than the size of the object.
Then look at past eclipses:
Date

Eclipse Type

Path Width
2001 Jun 21

Total central

200.0 km
2002 Jun 10

Annular central

13.5 km
2003 Nov 23

Total central

495.5 km
All from: Solar Eclipse Paths: 2001 - 2020.
So here we have eclipses with (umbral) path width as small as 13.5 km and as wide as 495.5 km.
But, we know that
  • if the light source size is greater than the size of the object, then the umbra is smaller than the size of your object,
  • if the light source size is equal in size to the object, then the umbra is equal in size to the object and
  • if the light source size is less than the size of the object, then the umbra is greater than the size of the object.

Then show us how it works in your model or shut the fuck up.

« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2017, 05:19:57 AM »
I would love to see some photographs from planes of this upcoming eclipse, to check the size of the shadow on the ground. Hopefully someone will take some (unaltered) ones that we can all look at afterwards.

Planes possibly not .

The thousands of high altitude weather balloons that will be launched will.

Your Strange Heliocentric Religion is Finished.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2017, 05:23:45 AM »

Planes possibly not .

Who will be launching these balloons and why?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2017, 05:38:51 AM »
The "Globe Theory" has lasted for about 2500 years so far and
The "Heliocentric Globe Theory" has lasted for 300 to 400 years so far still is the only working theory!

:D :D You can't even claim 1844 till evermore like "Penfolds - From 1844 to Evermore. Celebrating 170 Years. Penfolds Wines".  ;D ;D

« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2017, 05:48:05 AM »

Planes possibly not .

Are you really that ignorant ?

There are millions of people in the States who know the " True" shape of the Earth.

Thousands of these people will be launching high altitude weather Balloons on the 21.08.17.

The footage from the said Balloons will show an Eclipsed Sun it will also show the Moon 180 degrees away from the Eclisped Sun.

Enjoy your deception why you still can you have 12 days left.

You will like this one   ;)

Jerimiah 5 : 21

Hear this, you foolish and senseless people, who have eyes but do not see, who have ears but do not hear:

« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2017, 05:51:31 AM »
Incorrect

The Babylonian's did have the same Model as did the Chinese as did the Sumerians;  that is reality.

So what?  That doesn’t matter in the least.  If you would actually read the Canon you’d know that none of that matters and not completely accurate.

The problem is the Saros is a bit short for long term prediction.  That’s where the Inex cycle comes in; which the cycle used by Hipparchos.  A Greek astronomer and mathematician credited with early spherical geometry and believed in a spherical earth...so there’s that.

Early 20th century works combined the Saros & Inex cycles into the Saros-Inex Panorama.  When combined they become a better predictive tool.  e.g. A new Saros cycle will start an Inex cycle from the beginning of the previous Saros cycle. 

The Saros-Inex Panorama is the time predictive tool and even that is modified by the variations is orbits and positions of the Sun, Moon, and Earth. One thing the Saros cycle never did and does not now predict the path, only the periodicity at a given location.  The path of the shadow and modifications to the timing are all calculated on a heliocentric celestial coordinate system...NASA’s numeric model.

While, explanation of the big picture analysis is accurate, I’m sure I don’t have the details exactly right but you clearly have a lack of understanding how the Saros cycle was used originally and how it’s use today in modeling eclipses.

BTW, stop calling it my “heliocentric religion”.  I’m a Christian and don’t worship the Sun.  Be respectful of other’s religious beliefs.

Mike
Since it costs 1.82¢ to produce a penny, putting in your 2¢ if really worth 3.64¢.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2017, 06:38:21 AM »

Planes possibly not .

There are millions of people in the States who know the " True" shape of the Earth.

Thousands of these people will be launching high altitude weather Balloons on the 21.08.17.
Citation please. 

Or am I just supposed to take your word for it?

Are you going to be one of those "thousands"?

The footage from the said Balloons will show an Eclipsed Sun it will also show the Moon 180 degrees away from the Eclisped Sun.
I seriously doubt it.

But if it does, then what object will be eclipsing the sun?

Hear this, you foolish and senseless people, who have eyes but do not see, who have ears but do not hear:

You're trying to use one religion to debunk another?

And you think I'm ignorant?

« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2017, 08:34:42 AM »

Well just the darkest part that is 70 miles wide. I think it will be interesting to see from the air.

The path of the next solar eclipse (2024) which moves south-west to north-east and the width of totalities are difficult to reconcile with any model, flat or round, without a lot of thinking and analysis that most people simply leave up to "trusted" scientists.

I think the distance of sun and moon from each other and their vertical distances from each other vary over the years as each goes through its cycle or patterns, which could account for the different widths of the 'totality' paths.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 08:36:27 AM by Rip Riley »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2017, 08:47:02 AM »

Well just the darkest part that is 70 miles wide. I think it will be interesting to see from the air.
True enough, however, despite what all of the ray diagrams being bandied about might suggest, there is no sharp distinction between the darkest part of the shadow (umbra) and the not quite as dark part (penumbra), so I'm not sure what you would expect to see.

« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2017, 09:22:18 AM »
Incorrect

So what?  That doesn’t matter in the least.  If you would actually read the Canon you’d know that none of that matters and not completely accurate.

The problem is the Saros is a bit short for long term prediction.  That’s where the Inex cycle comes in; which the cycle used by Hipparchos.  A Greek astronomer and mathematician credited with early spherical geometry and believed in a spherical earth...so there’s that.

Early 20th century works combined the Saros & Inex cycles into the Saros-Inex Panorama.  When combined they become a better predictive tool.  e.g. A new Saros cycle will start an Inex cycle from the beginning of the previous Saros cycle. 

The Saros-Inex Panorama is the time predictive tool and even that is modified by the variations is orbits and positions of the Sun, Moon, and Earth. One thing the Saros cycle never did and does not now predict the path, only the periodicity at a given location.  The path of the shadow and modifications to the timing are all calculated on a heliocentric celestial coordinate system...NASA’s numeric model.

While, explanation of the big picture analysis is accurate, I’m sure I don’t have the details exactly right but you clearly have a lack of understanding how the Saros cycle was used originally and how it’s use today in modeling eclipses.

BTW, stop calling it my “heliocentric religion”.  I’m a Christian and don’t worship the Sun.  Be respectful of other’s religious beliefs.

Mike

The Ancient Babylonian Saros system can predict Eclispes 1700 years into the Future.

http://members.bitstream.net/bunlion/bpi/EclSaros.html

You are NO Christian if you are a Heliocentric.

Psalm 93:1: "Thou hast fixed the earth immovable and firm ."

Matthew 6:24

"No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other; or else he will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Mammon".

« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 09:28:01 AM by Resistance.is.Futile »

« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2017, 09:27:24 AM »
Incorrect

Mike

The Ancient Babylonian Saros system can predict Eclispes 1700 years into the Future.

"No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other; or else he will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Mammon".

In your humble opinion.

« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2017, 09:34:15 AM »

Planes possibly not .

Citation please. 

Or am I just supposed to take your word for it?

Are you going to be one of those "thousands"?

I seriously doubt it.

But if it does, then what object will be eclipsing the sun?

You're trying to use one religion to debunk another?

And you think I'm ignorant?

You will have to wait and see  ;) what object Eclispes the Sun it is definitely not the Moon as the Moon is visable during the day.

I have heard some people refer to it as the Black Sun.

I will not be sending a Balloon up myself.

I see you now agree that you Heliocentrics do belong to a religion.

;D

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2017, 09:39:37 AM »

Interesting comment but that has nothing to do with nor is representative of a solar eclipse. 

Mike

Yes it is.

On the Flat model the Sun and Moon are very small and close to Earth .

So a solid object covering a luminary would have the same effect that I have verified myself at home.

Your lunatic "model" has no basis in reality.
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2017, 10:07:22 AM »
Incorrect

Mike

It can predict eclipses out longer than that so what’s your point?  The fact is, It gets less accurate the further out you go.

It’s interesting that’s the only response you can come up with relating to my explanation of how NASA uses the Saros cycle; which just goes to show that I've proven your assertion that NASA eclipse predictions are based on FET is not only wrong but that you also have very little understanding of the Saros cycle and the Canon.

You do not get to tell me what I believe.  It is a fact that the Bible never actually says the earth is any particular shape.  That’s just your interpretation.

Nor does the Bible say anything about a belief in a coordinate system for the salvation of one’s soul.  Intolerance, how you treat your fellow man, and forgiveness of others on the other hand...

For you to equate my belief in a spherical earth to worship of a false god or Satan is just plain wrong.  You are NOT God.  You do NOT get to judge me.

Mike
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 10:43:15 AM by MicroBeta »
Since it costs 1.82¢ to produce a penny, putting in your 2¢ if really worth 3.64¢.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2017, 10:14:23 AM »
You will have to wait and see  ;) what object Eclispes the Sun it is definitely not the Moon as the Moon is visable during the day.
I thought that you said that the moon was going to be 180 degrees opposite the sun.

I have heard some people refer to it as the Black Sun.
Are you referring to that terrible PhotoShop that Sandokahn likes to trot out every now and then?

Or are you thinking about the mysterious planet Nibiru that's supposed to smash into the earth around the time of the eclipse?

I will not be sending a Balloon up myself.
So you're going to be trusting that no one fakes their videos.  Got it.

I see you now agree that you Heliocentrics do belong to a religion.
Nope.  Just pointing out the absurdity of your argument.

Sorry if it was too subtle.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 10:38:18 AM by markjo »

« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2017, 12:05:56 PM »
Incorrect

Mike

It can predict eclipses out longer than that so what’s your point?  The fact is, It gets less accurate the further out you go.

It’s interesting that’s the only response you can come up with relating to my explanation of how NASA uses the Saros cycle; which just goes to show that I've proven your assertion that NASA eclipse predictions are based on FET is not only wrong but that you also have very little understanding of the Saros cycle and the Canon.

You do not get to tell me what I believe.  It is a fact that the Bible never actually says the earth is any particular shape.  That’s just your interpretation.

Nor does the Bible say anything about a belief in a coordinate system for the salvation of one’s soul.  Intolerance, how you treat your fellow man, and forgiveness of others on the other hand...

For you to equate my belief in a spherical earth to worship of a false god or Satan is just plain wrong.  You are NOT God.  You do NOT get to judge me.

Mike

I have said many times that I'm saving the Ancient Babylonian Saros cycle for another thread as it warrants more of my time.

Let's look briefly at the facts :

The Ancient Babylonian Saros cycle can accurately predict Eclispes thousands of years into the future that is time and position and duration.

Even you admit that NASA's system is based on the Saros .

You Claim the Saros is less accurate than NASA's system unfortunately me and you will not be able to verify this if where fortunate we could live to a 100 not 2000.

So NASA which is a high tech "Space" :) agency has based it's model for Eclispes on a system that is over 4000 years old who's creators believed in a flat earth.

Lol.

Lol.

You Heliocentrics really do under estimate people's intelligence. ::)

Nasa have retrofitted their mathematics to the Saros cycle.

The Bible quite clearly says many times the Earth is firm and immovable.

You should pay particular attention to the word" immovable"

The Bible does not say the Earth spins rotates and wobbles through space at 70000 mph.

The Bible also says the Sun and Moon are the same size.

This makes your Heliocentric model an abomination.

As it goes against God.

So you believe in a model that goes against the word of God.

Now let's have a look at the "Law"

Commandment 9

You should not lie or give false testimony.

You also defend and tell others this Heliocentric model is the truth even though you have never seen it.

(False testimony)

So I will tell you again.

YOU ARE NO CHRISTIAN   

« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 12:19:21 PM by Resistance.is.Futile »

« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2017, 12:21:51 PM »
Incorrect

Mike

Mike

I have said many times that I'm saving the Ancient Babylonian Saros cycle for another thread as it warrants more of my time.

The Ancient Babylonian Saros cycle can accurately predict Eclispes thousands of years into the future that is time and position and duration.

You Claim the Saros is less accurate than NASA's system unfortunately me and you will not be able to verify this if where fortunate we could live to a 100 not 2000.

So NASA which is a high tech "Space" :) agency has based it's model for Eclispes on a system that is over 4000 years old who's creators believed in a flat earth.

Lol.

Lol.

You Heliocentrics really do under estimate people's intelligence. ::)

Nasa have retrofitted their mathematics to the Saros cycle.

The Bible quite clearly says many times the Earth is firm and immovable.

You should pay particular attention to the word" immovable"

The Bible does not say the Earth spins rotates and wobbles through space at 70000 mph.

The Bible also says the Sun and Moon are the same size.

This makes your Heliocentric model an abomination.

As it goes against God.

So you believe in a model that goes against the word of God.

Now let's have a look at the "Law"

Commandment 9

You should not lie or give false testimony.

You also defend and tell others this Heliocentric model is the truth even though you have never seen it.

(False testimony)

YOU ARE NO CHRISTIAN   

Which translation of the bible are you using for reference?

onebigmonkey

• You. Yes you. Stand still laddie.
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2017, 12:41:02 PM »

(False testimony)

Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

You have not seen a flat Earth either.

The Bible does not say the Earth is flat, so what was that about not bearing false witness?

YOU ARE NO CHRISTIAN   

Judge not, lest ye yourself be judged.
Facts won't do what I want them to.

We went from a round Earth to a round Moon: http://onebigmonkey.com/apollo/apollo.html

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2017, 12:53:30 PM »

NASA's system is based on Saros in much the same way that General Relativity is based on Newtonian mechanics.

That is to say, NASA took the ancient Saros cycle and greatly improved its precision by using a much more accurate model of the solar system than the Ancient Babylonians had access to.

Not really.  All you have to do is look up the ancient Babylonian prediction for the upcoming eclipse and compare it to NASA's prediction.

YOU ARE NO CHRISTIAN   
Neither were the Ancient Babylonians, although early Jews and Christians did take some of their influences from them.

« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2017, 01:33:16 PM »

(False testimony)

Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

The Bible does not say the Earth is flat, so what was that about not bearing false witness?

YOU ARE NO CHRISTIAN   

You are incorrect.

I have been to the top of mountains

I have been in planes many times

I have seen distant Islands across the sea.

I have observed the Earth to be flat.

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
Re: Re: Solar Eclipse
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2017, 01:46:04 PM »
You need to be a lot higher than a mountain or plane to see the curvature of the earth noticeably with the naked eye.
You just got Weskered, bitches!

« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2017, 01:47:58 PM »

NASA's system is based on Saros in much the same way that General Relativity is based on Newtonian mechanics.

That is to say, NASA took the ancient Saros cycle and greatly improved its precision by using a much more accurate model of the solar system than the Ancient Babylonians had access to.

Not really.  All you have to do is look up the ancient Babylonian prediction for the upcoming eclipse and compare it to NASA's prediction.

YOU ARE NO CHRISTIAN   
Neither were the Ancient Babylonians, although early Jews and Christians did take some of their influences from them.

You expected me to believe that your Heliocentric brethren haven't altered The Ancient Babylonian Saros Cycle in order to make the own model appear superior.

Lol.

Lol.

" I was not born yesterday "

« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2017, 01:49:38 PM »

(False testimony)

YOU ARE NO CHRISTIAN   

You are incorrect.

I've done all of the and never observed the Earth to be flat.  You observed with a bias and preconceived notion and saw what you wanted to see.

Mike

onebigmonkey

• You. Yes you. Stand still laddie.
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2017, 01:57:21 PM »

No. You have seen small portions of the globe and decided that you think it's flat. You are not the only one to have travelled long distance.

Your stupid preconceptions are shite.

Facts won't do what I want them to.

We went from a round Earth to a round Moon: http://onebigmonkey.com/apollo/apollo.html

Re: Re: Solar Eclipse
« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2017, 02:02:57 PM »
You need to be a lot higher than a mountain or plane to see the curvature of the earth noticeably with the naked eye.

Hmmmmmmmm

Really   

In 2011 Your brethren used to claim you could see curvature from 40000 ft it's now 60000 ft . ::)

I have observed the Earth to be Flat.

« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2017, 02:08:53 PM »

(False testimony)

YOU ARE NO CHRISTIAN   

You are incorrect.

I've done all of the and never observed the Earth to be flat.  You observed with a bias and preconceived notion and saw what you wanted to see.

Mike

So you are now saying you have seen the curve.?

As a so called Christian who believes in an abomination and goes against the word of God  ::)

You should pay particular attention to commandment 9 before you answer this.

(False testimony )

« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2017, 02:29:59 PM »

(False testimony)

YOU ARE NO CHRISTIAN   

You are incorrect.

Then you've never seen a sunrise or set.  You've never seen the light break over the horizon and hit the top of a mountain first then work its way down.