Daytime Waxing Crescent Moon?

• 7 Replies
Daytime Waxing Crescent Moon?
« on: May 01, 2017, 11:19:38 AM »
Ok. It's 1:00 P.M. here right now where I live. Very clear skies. And there is a very visible waxing crescent moon in the sky right now. I thought you wouldn't be able to see this phase until tonight? I understand you can see the moon and sun in the day at the same time. But I thought that was just for the full moon and phases around it. Not the phases around the new moon? Could a RE explain this please. Maybe there is an explanation for it that I don't know...

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
Re: Daytime Waxing Crescent Moon?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 11:22:15 AM »
If you want round earthers to explain things you need to post in FE General or Debate. Q & A is for questions about FE theories and models. The answers need to be from the flat side.

(I'm moving this to FE General)
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 12:10:33 PM »
I think I got that wrong about being able to see a full moon during the day, you're not supposed to be able to see a full moon during the day under the RE model, correct? But I can't find any information on the internet about the RE model explaining how I can clearly see a waxing crescent moon at mid-day. Everything I have read thus far says it should only be visible in the western sky at twilight and beyond. Is this correct? I say it this morning in the eastern sky as well. Clearly visible. What is the RE explanation for this? TIA

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 01:08:16 PM »
Go on any moon motion and phase simulator and you will get the answers you are looking for.

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2017, 01:45:48 PM »
I think I got that wrong about being able to see a full moon during the day, you're not supposed to be able to see a full moon during the day under the RE model, correct?

Pretty much, yes. In reality, a "full moon" isn't exactly full (if it were, it would be in eclipse). For that reason and a few others, under the right circumstances you might see it for a few minutes while the sun is also up.

But I can't find any information on the internet about the RE model explaining how I can clearly see a waxing crescent moon at mid-day. Everything I have read thus far says it should only be visible in the western sky at twilight and beyond. Is this correct? I say it this morning in the eastern sky as well. Clearly visible. What is the RE explanation for this? TIA

Crescent moons are dimmer than the "fatter" phases so they're harder to see in the daytime sky. The really thin crescents are very hard to see while the sun is up since they're dimmest and in the brightest part of the sky, close to the glare of the sun. As you see today, the moon is bright enough to be easily seen in the daytime sky about 75° away from the sun.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2017, 02:03:11 PM »
If you want round earthers to explain things you need to post in FE General or Debate. Q & A is for questions about FE theories and models. The answers need to be from the flat side.

(I'm moving this to FE General)

There are no answers for this from the FE perspective. In fact, the moon is up in the daytime as often as at night. It’s only the full moon that rises in the east as the sun is setting in the west and reigns in the sky all night long. That means the moon is up all night long only one night each month. Otherwise, the moon rises and sets on its own schedule, having nothing to do with sunrise or sunset, and varying in a systematic way throughout each month as the moon pursues its monthly orbit around Earth. This is what actually happens, though FE ers will no doubt dream up some Munbo  Jumbo.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2017, 05:51:51 PM »
Go on any moon motion and phase simulator and you will get the answers you are looking for.
And where better to get a logical solution to a problem?

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2017, 03:01:42 PM »
You can search on Google for Full Moon theory. There you will get all kind of full moon phase’s information.

---------------------------------
Regards
Lara Harding
Web Designers in India | India Graphic Designer

Well Lara  that about wraps that up.