So what is on the edge of the flat earth? Has anyone took a picture?

• 48 Replies

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
Re: So what is on the edge of the flat earth? Has anyone took a picture?
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2016, 10:09:14 PM »
There is no edge, the earth is an infinite plane.

If there was an edge, the penguins would get you before you got to it.

Nothing that a couple of rifles built for the weather couldn't handle.

That's what you think. The penguins are gonna getcha.
::) I thought that they were genetically modified to be non-agressive and optimised for a food source.  ::)

That's what they want you to think, then you get close and bam, peck scratch and bite.

Niccolò Machiavelli was secretly a penguin.

That's why you bring the rifles.
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2016, 01:57:09 AM »
Actually the suggestion that the earth is an infinite plane is much much more complicated than the usual flat earth image (e.g., the UN flag map).  If the earth stretches out infinitely then the stars, sun and moon really have no place to set or from which to rise.  Somehow, the sun goes down (or appears to go down) in the west - but it really cannot go below the horizon because there is no space since the earth is infinite, so somehow the sun is teleported over to the east on the horizon.  Of course if I make a long distance phone call to Japan or Australia, someone will there will tell me that the sun is coming up in their east at the very moment it's going down in my west - which shouldn't happen if the earth is flat nor if it is an infinite plane, either way, especially since, when it goes down in their west it will once again come up in my east.

If the earth is an infinite plane, then the entire sky and all that's is in it is an illusion. On the other hand, with an infinite plane, we should be able to explore for new and unpolluted and unexhausted land and water, and I wonder why the countries of the world haven't made the effort.

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2016, 05:39:45 AM »
Actually the suggestion that the earth is an infinite plane is much much more complicated than the usual flat earth image (e.g., the UN flag map).  If the earth stretches out infinitely then the stars, sun and moon really have no place to set or from which to rise.  Somehow, the sun goes down (or appears to go down) in the west - but it really cannot go below the horizon because there is no space since the earth is infinite, so somehow the sun is teleported over to the east on the horizon.  Of course if I make a long distance phone call to Japan or Australia, someone will there will tell me that the sun is coming up in their east at the very moment it's going down in my west - which shouldn't happen if the earth is flat nor if it is an infinite plane, either way, especially since, when it goes down in their west it will once again come up in my east.

If the earth is an infinite plane, then the entire sky and all that's is in it is an illusion. On the other hand, with an infinite plane, we should be able to explore for new and unpolluted and unexhausted land and water, and I wonder why the countries of the world haven't made the effort.

I wonder if you've misunderstood the finite disc flat earth model.  They don't have the sun going ACTUALLY below the horizon in ANY flat earth model; they all suffer from the flaw you've observed here.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2016, 09:56:37 PM »
Anyway, Davis is not claiming it's an infinite plane anymore - he changed his mind a few weeks ago.  Now the self declared genius is telling us it's a non-euclidean plane.  Maybe you should become the "Non-euclidean Earth Society" (NEES)?

Non-euclidean  as in curved?    So what do we have?   We have a finite plane,  which is curved and has no edges....   Aha...  it's the surface of a sphere.   I knew it!
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2016, 04:17:26 PM »
Anyway, Davis is not claiming it's an infinite plane anymore - he changed his mind a few weeks ago.  Now the self declared genius is telling us it's a non-euclidean plane.  Maybe you should become the "Non-euclidean Earth Society" (NEES)?

Non-euclidean  as in curved?    So what do we have?   We have a finite plane,  which is curved and has no edges....   Aha...  it's the surface of a sphere.   I knew it!

It's kinda funny as well as kinda sad. Ive listened to John Davis as he keeps subtely changing his model until now we have a non-euclidian plan that is curved and infinite which is of course... a sphere. In one way it is clever because he tries to have his cake and eat it too. So his has a 'flat earth', but wrapped around a sphere. it's wrong of course, but definitely the best FE model I've seen. At least it is clever than denpressure, DET, flat earth with dome or infinite plane.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2016, 08:08:27 PM »
Infinite plane is not new, you are new.
Do you mean that the "Infinite plane" has been around since Rowbotham had his go at science speculation.

I might be "new" on this site, but I'm quite sure I've been around on this earth a lot longer than you, but let's not get into
"I'll tell you mine if you'll tell me yours!"

What the fuck are you talking about? You don't want to get into what? Your age? I know you have not been around on this earth "a lot longer" than me... but wtf does that have to do with neutrino thinking the infinite plane theory is new? neutrino is new on this forum, he hasn't bothered to find out anything about this society.  He gets all his FE information from YouTube.

Yes, I was talking about my age (and nothing else entered my head) and I seriously doubt you've been around on this earth (be it flat or a globe) "a lot longer" than I, but as I said let's leave it at that before jroa gets ideas.

But, I guess we'll never find out as I would never ask a lady[1] her age. But my youngest had no such qualms. He went asking all the women at a party "How old are you? my mother's 36!" - fair exchange he thought, I guess. And that was long enough ago that I don't mind admitting that my wife and I were 36.

Now, let's forget all this ageist stuff! I apologise profusely for bringing it up.

[1] Now surely that term dates me enough.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2016, 06:21:29 AM »

It's kinda funny as well as kinda sad. Ive listened to John Davis as he keeps subtely changing his model until now we have a non-euclidian plan that is curved and infinite which is of course... a sphere. In one way it is clever because he tries to have his cake and eat it too. So his has a 'flat earth', but wrapped around a sphere. it's wrong of course, but definitely the best FE model I've seen. At least it is clever than denpressure, DET, flat earth with dome or infinite plane.

One of his ideas, ( If I remember correctly)  is that satellites actually travel in straight lines, and it's the space which is curved.   Logical extension is that the earth is also flat.   Clever idea,  but then again,  I guess he failed orbital mechanics.

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
  • If I can't trust my eyes, what can I trust?
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2016, 06:54:34 AM »
Do you mean that the "Infinite plane" has been around since Rowbotham had his go at science speculation.

I might be "new" on this site, but I'm quite sure I've been around on this earth a lot longer than you, but let's not get into

What the fuck are you talking about?
Whoa up there SG, rabinoz is only messing.  Don't get your panties in a twist.

he hasn't bothered to find out anything about this society. 
What society?  It appears to be just this website now.  Nearly everyone left, if you hadn't noticed.

So typical, arguing over semantics ::)
Only one thing can save our future. Give Thork a BanHammer for Th*rksakes!

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2016, 09:14:03 AM »

What the fuck are you talking about? You don't want to get into what? Your age? I know you have not been around on this earth "a lot longer" than me... but wtf does that have to do with neutrino thinking the infinite plane theory is new? neutrino is new on this forum, he hasn't bothered to find out anything about this society.  He gets all his FE information from YouTube.

Yes, I was talking about my age (and nothing else entered my head) and I seriously doubt you've been around on this earth (be it flat or a globe) "a lot longer" than I, but as I said let's leave it at that before jroa gets ideas.

But, I guess we'll never find out as I would never ask a lady[1] her age. But my youngest had no such qualms. He went asking all the women at a party "How old are you? my mother's 36!" - fair exchange he thought, I guess. And that was long enough ago that I don't mind admitting that my wife and I were 36.

Now, let's forget all this ageist stuff! I apologise profusely for bringing it up.

Reading is fundamental. I didn't say I'd been around on this earth longer than you, ding dong.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2016, 10:26:49 AM »

Reading is fundamental. I didn't say I'd been around on this earth longer than you, ding dong.
Personal attack on the UF. Reported to narcberry.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2016, 10:32:35 AM »

I bet you report to the penguins, too!  >:(
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2016, 12:22:27 PM »

Just a PSA for everyone.  Clicking on "report to moderator" doesn't guarantee that narcberry will receive your complaint.  To make sure that narcberry has heard your complaint you should PM him directly with the offending post.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

MrDebunk

• Chaotic good
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2016, 09:11:02 PM »
I've seen a few flat earthers use images of "the edge" or the "ice wall" as commonly referred to in their thumbnails so I will show some of the pictures that they use or are generally what they will use:

Now here is an image of an Antarctic ice shelf:

Notice something?

There is no ice wall! All the "images" of it (might as well put leaked because the views :P ) are just images of ice shelves?

Where's the security?

Are they on break?

Have they manipulated the Matrix to make themselves invisible while they scramble to take the photo?

We do not know yet!

« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 09:18:23 PM by MrDebunk »
M R D E B U N K (the reboot)

Quote from: totallackofintelligence
You sound like shill.

« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2016, 11:41:13 PM »
The icy coast of Antarctica is natural but it is not continuous.  Plenty of places where the ice wall isn't piled, and the penguins can waddle right down to the water's edge.  The ice wall, as I said, is natural and chunks of it occasionally break off and fall into the surrounding oceans, especially in the summer months of December-February.  Nothing prevents people from trying to land on Antarctica and explore - except good sense - the continent is almost as big as North America and the only humans are at a two or three dozen widely scattered science stations, ill-equipped and disinclined to provide accommodations or rescue operations for uninvited strangers.  There are no armed troops on Antarctica, either to keep visitors out, or to settle disputes among the various nations represented by the science stations.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2016, 05:42:17 AM »
You do realize that there is a difference between the "edge" and the "ice wall," right?  ???

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2016, 08:19:23 AM »
You do realize that there is a difference between the "edge" and the "ice wall," right?  ???

Yes,  one of them doesn't exist.   

Globetrotter

• Open-minded: receptive to arguments or ideas
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2016, 08:58:32 AM »

Yes,  one of them doesn't exist.

Rather both of them don't exist.
"If you insist it is a spinning globe, then why are you here?" - Simple. To counter the misinformation you are spreading to uneducated, and gullible people. It is the duty of every thinking person to oppose those who would spread lies.

« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2016, 09:03:31 AM »
Ice shelfs do exist.
I wonder how obnoxious I can make my signature?
Please give me ideas.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2016, 05:18:06 PM »