New Dangers - Eye Filters are now REQUIRED

• 264 Replies

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
New Dangers - Eye Filters are now REQUIRED
« on: April 29, 2016, 10:28:16 AM »
Recent research suggests that the reason the moons rays are harmful is due to them being polarized. It is no secret that polarized light is dangerous to many animals, insects, and even humans. Note, that many bioluminescent light is also polarized, thus evidencing the possible existence of lunas. We already know the dangers of moonlight - madness, crime[nb]http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6440656[/nb], spoiling of food[nb]http://idnc.library.illinois.edu/cgi-bin/illinois?a=d&d=TUC19140217.2.21#[/nb], increase in germ activity[nb]http://idnc.library.illinois.edu/cgi-bin/illinois?a=d&d=TUC19140217.2.21&srpos=10&e=-------en-20--1--txt-txIN-moonlight+dangerous------[/nb], blindness. Rowbotham, among others, talks in depth about the dangers of the moon. Now we finally have a good reason why this is happening and how to protect ourselves against the harmful Luna.

To combat this, if you plan to spend anytime out at night in clear view of the moon it is strongly suggested you protect yourself with polarized filters, easily available at many stores as "Polarized Sunglasses." Likely we will need to do some research to ensure we are filtering out the dangerous light, but in the meanwhile it is again REQUIRED of all Flat Earthers who wish to keep their sight and sanity to wear their sunglasses when looking at the moon.

When choosing your glasses make sure to take into account that you'll likely want a wider range of sight. Thus, wrap around glasses will both block the most moonlight and allow for a clear field of vision to study.

EDIT: UPDATE: IMPORTANT:
Also avoid computers, cell phones, and monitors without use of special glasses as well.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 11:17:38 AM by John Davis »
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

Re: New Dangers - Eye Filters are now REQUIRED
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 10:59:19 AM »
I've also heard that LCD screens can produce this polarized light, so make sure to wear these glasses while looking at smartphones, modern TVs and computer monitors, etc.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 11:10:03 AM »
I've also heard that LCD screens can produce this polarized light, so make sure to wear these glasses while looking at smartphones, modern TVs and computer monitors, etc.
Very interesting. Given the widespread use of these its hard for me to believe they are as dangerous as the moon - perhaps we should study the light from both to hopefully divine the difference and thus the cause of the danger.

As somebody that works with computers most the day, this is very worrisome for me. I will have to get special glasses as soon as possible.

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 12:03:56 PM »
Just a word of caution, even with polarized sunglasses, if the polarized light from your monitor is still visible and you are able to see what is displayed, then the lenses are aligned in a way that is letting that harmful light through.  You will need to find glasses with lenses that are aligned in a way that completely blocks that light. 

Blue_Moon

• Defender of NASA
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 04:55:00 PM »
Yes, everybody watch out.  Remember that although all photons have their own individual polarizations, seeing a bunch of photons with roughly the same polarizations is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS!  Don't look through windows or at reflections or screens!   ;D
Aerospace Engineering Student
NASA Enthusiast
Round Earth Advocate
More qualified to speak for NASA than you are to speak against them

Conker

• Official FES jerk / kneebiter
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 05:24:54 PM »
John, did you run your bacteria experiments with polarized light now? Can you give us the details?
This is not a joke society.
Quote from: OpenedEyes
You shouldn't be allowed to talk on a free discussion forum.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 06:12:24 PM »
To combat this, if you plan to spend anytime out at night in clear view of the moon it is strongly suggested you protect yourself with polarized filters, easily available at many stores as "Polarized Sunglasses."
John, I'm not entirely sure that you understand how optical filters work.  Polarized filters block everything except polarized light. 
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Stanton

• Pizza Earth with Extra Cheese
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2016, 07:19:20 PM »
There is a product that will block 100% of
infrared, visible and UV electromagnetic radiation.

Cardboard.

You shills REALLY need to watch your vocabulary.

Symptom

• Bash The Fash
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2016, 11:09:22 PM »
Why do the moonshramps want to hurt us? Do they really hate freedom that much?
Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2016, 11:11:41 PM »
Recent research suggests that the reason the moons rays are harmful is due to them being polarized. It is no secret that polarized light is dangerous to many animals, insects, and even humans. Note, that many bioluminescent light is also polarized, thus evidencing the possible existence of lunas. We already know the dangers of moonlight - madness, crime[nb]http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6440656[/nb], spoiling of food[nb]http://idnc.library.illinois.edu/cgi-bin/illinois?a=d&d=TUC19140217.2.21#[/nb], increase in germ activity[nb]http://idnc.library.illinois.edu/cgi-bin/illinois?a=d&d=TUC19140217.2.21&srpos=10&e=-------en-20--1--txt-txIN-moonlight+dangerous------[/nb], blindness. Rowbotham, among others, talks in depth about the dangers of the moon. Now we finally have a good reason why this is happening and how to protect ourselves against the harmful Luna.

To combat this, if you plan to spend anytime out at night in clear view of the moon it is strongly suggested you protect yourself with polarized filters, easily available at many stores as "Polarized Sunglasses." Likely we will need to do some research to ensure we are filtering out the dangerous light, but in the meanwhile it is again REQUIRED of all Flat Earthers who wish to keep their sight and sanity to wear their sunglasses when looking at the moon.

When choosing your glasses make sure to take into account that you'll likely want a wider range of sight. Thus, wrap around glasses will both block the most moonlight and allow for a clear field of vision to study.

Also avoid computers, cell phones, and monitors without use of special glasses as well.
You are surely having us on because
"polarising" sunglasses do just that, they polarise light!

Yes, moonlight has the same colour (yes, the same blue) and polarisation characteristics as sunlight, just a million or more times fainter!

Sunlight reflected from water is quite strongly polarised, that is why "Polaroid" sunglasses are effective at reducing glare.
Even the scattered blue light of the sky (night or day) is quite strongly polarised, which is why a polarising filter on a camera can deepen the blue of the sky.

So, if you are bothered by a bit of polarised light, night or day, your only solution is to keep your eyes shut!

Before I finished this, I noticed that Stanton posted a far more effective and lower cost solution.

MrDebunk

• Chaotic good
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2016, 12:14:55 AM »
Recent research suggests that the reason the moons rays are harmful is due to them being polarized.

Recent research also suggests the Earth is round and that the moon is reflecting light from the Sun by scattering it.

It is no secret that polarized light is dangerous to many animals, insects, and even humans.

Yeah, that is true I guess maybe.

Note, that many bioluminescent light is also polarized, thus evidencing the possible existence of lunas.

No, not the moonshramp!!! What kind of drugs were people on to think they were hearing messages from moonshramp!!! My frickin god the stupidity!

We already know the dangers of moonlight - madness, crime[nb]http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6440656[/nb], spoiling of food[nb]http://idnc.library.illinois.edu/cgi-bin/illinois?a=d&d=TUC19140217.2.21#[/nb], increase in germ activity[nb]http://idnc.library.illinois.edu/cgi-bin/illinois?a=d&d=TUC19140217.2.21&srpos=10&e=-------en-20--1--txt-txIN-moonlight+dangerous------[/nb], blindness.

I have seen the moon in the sky at night. Have I gone mad, committed crimes, or gone blind? I guess that is your excuse for thinking the earth is flat: "Oh the moonlight hit me!".

Rowbotham, among others, talks in depth about the dangers of the moon. Now we finally have a good reason why this is happening and how to protect ourselves against the harmful Luna.

Let me translate for you: "Some random 19th century idiot, among other 19th century idiots, talk "in depth" about the "dangers" of a natural satellite which emits no light but we say it does. Now we finally have a good reason to make excuses and how to protect ourselves against the backlash that follows."

"A polarizer or polariser is an optical filter that passes light of a specific polarization and blocks waves of other polarizations." Wikipedia

You are still getting some polarized light. I guess you will go a bit crazy, steal a gum stick from your neighbor, and lose a bit of vision. Still! I did not have that either! And what is this keeping sanity thing? Your sanity is defined by the number of excuses you DON'T use, and I am sorry but you do not have much sanity. And by the way, take a look at the sun with your sunglasses. Who cares if you get actually blind, you will get feeling like taking mushrooms!

But the moon is like half a banana width 3 inches from your eyes! Why?

First fail: Using 3 markers "EDIT", "UPDATE", and "IMPORTANT" right next to each other, with colons. BRILLIANT!
Second fail: Not knowing what f.lux is.
Third and final fail: Forgot the fact he wrote this on either a computer or a mobile phone. Oh wait, he has the glasses on already, I can envision it!

You are welcome.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 12:16:45 AM by MrDebunk »
M R D E B U N K (the reboot)

Quote from: totallackofintelligence
You sound like shill.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2016, 02:27:03 AM »
Very interesting. Given the widespread use of these its hard for me to believe they are as dangerous as the moon - perhaps we should study the light from both to hopefully divine the difference and thus the cause of the danger.

As somebody that works with computers most the day, this is very worrisome for me. I will have to get special glasses as soon as possible.
All I have been able to find is that there is no evidence of risk in the polarised light as such, but that sunlight reflected from shiny surfaces (metal,  water and glass) is horizontally polarised and so can be greatly reduced by using vertically polarised glasses. The risks in not using the glasses is simply the excessive glare from these reflections, not the fact that the reflections are polarised.

Many animals (especially octopi and mantis shrimp)  can detect the polarisation of light and use for this navigation and other purposes. Humans also have this ability, though not usually well developed. Apparently the "Haidinger's brushes" are part of the mechanism for this.
See Perceiving polarization with the naked eye.

But, I can find nothing on any damaging effects due to the polarisation itself.

By the way this is being entered on a tablet that does not emit polarised light - the Samsung Tab S 10.5" has an AMOLED screen. These have directly emitting colour LEDs. 

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2016, 03:15:02 AM »
I hope the OP is satire, but I've really no idea.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

LuggerSailor

• 12 men on the Moon, 11 of them Scouts.
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2016, 03:46:56 AM »

Cardboard.

Aluminium foil works better.
LuggerSailor.
Sailor and Navigator.

Blue_Moon

• Defender of NASA
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2016, 04:00:53 AM »

Cardboard.

Or tin foil, more appropriately. 
Aerospace Engineering Student
NASA Enthusiast
Round Earth Advocate
More qualified to speak for NASA than you are to speak against them

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2016, 04:18:41 AM »
Recent research suggests that the reason the moons rays are harmful is due to them being polarized.
Citation needed.
It is no secret that polarized light is dangerous to many animals, insects, and even humans.
Citation needed.
Note, that many bioluminescent light is also polarized, thus evidencing the possible existence of lunas.
Please use the term understood by the majority, ORBISIMS.
Many other causes exist for light to be polarised, including reflection. Thus evidencing moonlight to simply be reflected sunlight.
We already know the dangers of moonlight - madness, crime[nb]http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6440656[/nb], spoiling of food[nb]http://idnc.library.illinois.edu/cgi-bin/illinois?a=d&d=TUC19140217.2.21#[/nb], increase in germ activity[nb]http://idnc.library.illinois.edu/cgi-bin/illinois?a=d&d=TUC19140217.2.21&srpos=10&e=-------en-20--1--txt-txIN-moonlight+dangerous------[/nb], blindness. Rowbotham, among others, talks in depth about the dangers of the moon. Now we finally have a good reason why this is happening and how to protect ourselves against the harmful Luna.
Let's go through your references in order: crime - suggests higher incidence of crime at full moon but does not in any way suggest it is down to the moonlight, rather that it's down to the moon's gravitational pull. The research was carried out in a part of the world where it would frequently be completely overcast during the night of the full moon, however this did not seem to affect the results, again damaging the idea that it's the light that is responsible. Spoiling of food/germ activity - you present two links to the same article, an article published in a newspaper in 1914! An account of a single, poorly controlled, poorly documented experiment which it would be ridiculous to base any conclusions on. Blindness - where's your reference?

You do realise that if you wear polarising sunglasses, ALL the light reaching your eyes will be polarised, meaning that you are advocating making things more dangerous for yourself rather than safer?

This is pure comedy gold, I'll give you points for that.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2016, 07:10:55 AM »
Thank you for your important research, brother John!

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2016, 07:40:33 AM »
While we're at it, we should all install filters to remove the dangerous dihydrogen-monoxide from our drinking water.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

getrealzommb

• We do actually live on a ball: But who cares?
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2016, 07:42:01 AM »
I wonder if John Davies is a scammer who recently purchased shares in ray ban or some lens polarizing filter company?

getrealzommb

• We do actually live on a ball: But who cares?
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2016, 07:43:54 AM »
While we're at it, we should all install filters to remove the dangerous dihydrogen-monoxide from our drinking water.

dihydrogen-monoxide; sounds realy dangerous.

where do i get a filter? I refuse to drink water until i get one!

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2016, 10:35:20 AM »
Why do the moonshramps want to hurt us? Do they really hate freedom that much?
It is doubtful they are aware, or are aware that their glow is dangerous. Its likely a defense mechanism of some sort - an evolutionary oddity that stuck around past its usefulness.

I wonder if John Davis is a scammer who recently purchased shares in ray ban or some lens polarizing filter company?
I have never been more insulted. Yes, this is part of my 10 year 'long game' scam to sell polarized filters. And people call us paranoid! My number one concern is the health of researchers who spend much of their time studying the moon. We must protect our flat earthers.

Thank you for your important research, brother John!
You are most welcome. I just hope it hasn't come too late.

Please use the term understood by the majority, ORBISIMS.
Except I'm not talking specifically about shrimp-like Lunas, I'm talking about Lunas. Thus, the more generic, and non-derogatory, term is appropriate.
Many other causes exist for light to be polarised, including reflection. Thus evidencing moonlight to simply be reflected sunlight.
We already know the dangers of moonlight - madness, crime, spoiling of food, increase in germ activity, blindness. Rowbotham, among others, talks in depth about the dangers of the moon. Now we finally have a good reason why this is happening and how to protect ourselves against the harmful Luna.
Let's go through your references in order: crime - suggests higher incidence of crime at full moon but does not in any way suggest it is down to the moonlight, rather that it's down to the moon's gravitational pull. The research was carried out in a part of the world where it would frequently be completely overcast during the night of the full moon, however this did not seem to affect the results, again damaging the idea that it's the light that is responsible. Spoiling of food/germ activity - you present two links to the same article, an article published in a newspaper in 1914! An account of a single, poorly controlled, poorly documented experiment which it would be ridiculous to base any conclusions on. Blindness - where's your reference?
Have you not ever heard "Oh boy, its a full moon. The crazies are going to be out!" Even common day experience will show this to be the case. And yet again, the typical globularist rests his convictions on his religion - "its the magical unknown force of gravity that is to blame!" Pray tell, how does gravity affect the minds of folks, like you and me? Where is the citation for that?  Why are astronauts not foaming at the teeth from this so called gravitational madness given off by magic time travelling particles from the moon?

Blindness and Food spoiling. This has been shown by Rowbotham himself in his treatise Earth Not A Globe in which he also evidences planar warming beyond the doubt of any rational reader. I believe he cites Plutarch's On the Face on the Orb of the Moon to establish that fish rot when left out overnight in moonlight. I would not be surprised if it was contained in the work of the Ancients as well. It is expected of all good forum goers (especially those so interested in the naming of our work!) to at least be aware of what is contained in the greatest work of the century. How can even you, a dupe of the Globularist regime, hope to defeat us if you don't know the first thing about Zetetic Astronomy! It would be as if I attempted to critique classic art having no idea of Artists, Movements, or Styles of the times in question. It would be certain to fail. Once you have read it, it will become clear to you that the "'Why's and 'Because's" simply don't add up.

If this is too much, there is a stickied thread at the top of the forum providing edification on the topic.
You do realise that if you wear polarising sunglasses, ALL the light reaching your eyes will be polarised, meaning that you are advocating making things more dangerous for yourself rather than safer?

This is pure comedy gold, I'll give you points for that.
Perhaps you won't be considering it comedy when you must use a stick to see and post here using a screen reader! It is clear that it is not *all* polarized light that is bad, just that from the moon. Our poor Luna friends have no idea the harm they are causing us.

It will filter out the bad moonlight and allow in only harmless polarized light. I hope for your safety and well being that you take heed to my warning and next time you go out at night, make sure to grab those shades.

Recent research also suggests the Earth is round and that the moon is reflecting light from the Sun by scattering it.
Rowbotham showed that the nature of light from the moon is distinct from that light from the Sun. It has often been noted that the moonlight causes certain trees and plant life to grow better or worse. This is why there used to be laws dictating that one should harvest during certain moons, and avoid direct contact with others. There were even laws to prevent sailors from sleeping on deck in the moonlight.

Yeah, that is true I guess maybe.

No, not the moonshramp!!! What kind of drugs were people on to think they were hearing messages from moonshramp!!! My frickin god the stupidity!

We already know the dangers of moonlight - madness, crime, spoiling of food, increase in germ activity, blindness.

I have seen the moon in the sky at night. Have I gone mad, committed crimes, or gone blind? I guess that is your excuse for thinking the earth is flat: "Oh the moonlight hit me!".
You might as well say "oh I've stood by a microwave once, have I gotten cancer?" Of course not. You've been luck so far, but your luck shows nothing to truth of the matter.
Rowbotham, among others, talks in depth about the dangers of the moon. Now we finally have a good reason why this is happening and how to protect ourselves against the harmful Luna.

Let me translate for you: "Some random 19th century idiot, among other 19th century idiots, talk "in depth" about the "dangers" of a natural satellite which emits no light but we say it does. Now we finally have a good reason to make excuses and how to protect ourselves against the backlash that follows."
The dangers of moonlight have been known since antiquity. Any horse owner that has had the misfortune of seeing their horse come down with moon blindness will attest that the intermittency of the blindness is accordance with the phases of the moon.

"A polarizer or polariser is an optical filter that passes light of a specific polarization and blocks waves of other polarizations." Wikipedia

You are still getting some polarized light. I guess you will go a bit crazy, steal a gum stick from your neighbor, and lose a bit of vision. Still! I did not have that either! And what is this keeping sanity thing? Your sanity is defined by the number of excuses you DON'T use, and I am sorry but you do not have much sanity. And by the way, take a look at the sun with your sunglasses. Who cares if you get actually blind, you will get feeling like taking mushrooms!
Exactly. It allows light of a specific (safe) polarization and blocks the dangerous glow of our friends on the moon.

But the moon is like half a banana width 3 inches from your eyes! Why?
Oh the globularist silliness. The earth is like a pear, and now the moon is a banana? I simply don't understand what you are getting at sir.

First fail: Using 3 markers "EDIT", "UPDATE", and "IMPORTANT" right next to each other, with colons. BRILLIANT!
Emphasis was necessary to avoid further danger to our people. Salus populi suprema lex esto
Second fail: Not knowing what f.lux is.
f.lux I fear may not cut the mustard.
Third and final fail: Forgot the fact he wrote this on either a computer or a mobile phone. Oh wait, he has the glasses on already, I can envision it!

You are welcome.
I am already researching on glasses to properly shield me from dangerous lights from artificial sources. I am not a fool! If I were not to, I could be blind. The cost? Very small level of comfort. However, it is certainly the moon's rays which are polarized in a dangerous fashion. It is of note that there are dangers to these little technological toys we have, though they pale in comparison to the dangers of unfiltered moonlight on the naked or magnified eye.

Often people tell me I am silly for discounting the entire history of what everybody believed everywhere about the shape of the Earth. Well everybody believes the moon is dangerous, across cultures, lands, worldviews. Coincidently, all cultures also believe in a FLAT EARTH. To question these truths is what is silly!

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2016, 10:48:11 AM »
Correction: I reread On the Face on the Orb of the Moon. It appears I mis-checked the reference. "Wanderings in the East," p. 367. (Edit. 1854). By Rev. J. Gadsby. Should be the correct one.

You are surely having us on because
"polarising" sunglasses do just that, they polarise light!

Yes, moonlight has the same colour (yes, the same blue) and polarisation characteristics as sunlight, just a million or more times fainter!

Sunlight reflected from water is quite strongly polarised, that is why "Polaroid" sunglasses are effective at reducing glare.
Even the scattered blue light of the sky (night or day) is quite strongly polarised, which is why a polarising filter on a camera can deepen the blue of the sky.

So, if you are bothered by a bit of polarised light, night or day, your only solution is to keep your eyes shut!

Before I finished this, I noticed that Stanton posted a far more effective and lower cost solution.

While it might be ok for the globularist to purposefully keep his eyes closed from the Truth, the sight of a Zetetic is indispensable. It makes sense then to use caution when viewing polarized light we know is from a dangerous source. Most polarized light is not of a danger to us. Light polarized in a certain fashion, by perhaps Lunas, or at least by Luna, is very dangerous.

Cardboard.

This was actually suggested before. The idea was to make sure to cover any surfaces which the light could seep into your nighttime study on days where the moon is particularly dangerous. Both Cardboard and Aluminium Foil were suggested, though I'm open to more ideas. Perhaps it would be worthwhile to install polarized windows in my study, to allow for worry free reading time, no matter what the day of month!

All I have been able to find is that there is no evidence of risk in the polarised light as such, but that sunlight reflected from shiny surfaces (metal,  water and glass) is horizontally polarised and so can be greatly reduced by using vertically polarised glasses. The risks in not using the glasses is simply the excessive glare from these reflections, not the fact that the reflections are polarised.

Many animals (especially octopi and mantis shrimp)  can detect the polarisation of light and use for this navigation and other purposes. Humans also have this ability, though not usually well developed. Apparently the "Haidinger's brushes" are part of the mechanism for this.
See Perceiving polarization with the naked eye.

But, I can find nothing on any damaging effects due to the polarisation itself.

By the way this is being entered on a tablet that does not emit polarised light - the Samsung Tab S 10.5" has an AMOLED screen. These have directly emitting colour LEDs. 
Excellent choice of devices. Your attention to this matter will surely pay off.

To combat this, if you plan to spend anytime out at night in clear view of the moon it is strongly suggested you protect yourself with polarized filters, easily available at many stores as "Polarized Sunglasses."
John, I'm not entirely sure that you understand how optical filters work.  Polarized filters block everything except polarized light. 
Polarized filters allow certain polarizations and block others.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2016, 11:00:28 AM »
Some Animals and Life that is affected by the dangerous polarized light of the moon.

The mouse Acomys cahirinus notes a considerable drop in body temperature and activity during the full moon.
Bats tend to reduce their hunting to avoid the harmful polarized light of the moon.
Lions take advantage of the weakness of other animals during the full moon period by increasing their hunting rates.
Human doctor visits increase during the full moon.
Pet Vet visits increase during the full moon.
Corals go into a mating frenzy due to the lack of smaller biological enemies subdued by the full moon.
Some scorpians glow blue in the moonlight due to it attacking certain proteins.
Humans sleep worse in the full moon.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2016, 11:17:53 AM »
You cannot call them "Lunas". It is awful. I suggest the term "Lunabionts". But either way, you have no chance against "Moonshrimps".

?

Woody

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2016, 11:33:08 AM »
So the direction light travels can be dangerous?  Which should we be worried about?

Horizontal? Vertical? Somewhere in between?

The glasses you suggest I am assuming are designed to block light reflecting off something like the water.  Since that is your recommendation  I am assuming it is similar to the direction of the dangerous moonlight.   

The typical gloabarist does not think gravity effects anything you suggest the moon does like making people more prone to going crazy.   The typical globarist accepts that studies have proven the Moon does not have an effect on crime rates, accidents, or similar.  That these studies show that the belief was the result of confirmation biased.  I do have no doubt you can find people on the fringe similar to you,but believe the Earth is round, that believe the moon causes lunacy.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 11:35:06 AM by Woody »

?

Woody

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2016, 11:57:26 AM »
Some Animals and Life that is affected by the dangerous polarized light of the moon.

The mouse Acomys cahirinus notes a considerable drop in body temperature and activity during the full moon.
Bats tend to reduce their hunting to avoid the harmful polarized light of the moon.
Lions take advantage of the weakness of other animals during the full moon period by increasing their hunting rates.
Corals go into a mating frenzy due to the lack of smaller biological enemies subdued by the full moon.
y

Some animals are more active during a full moon and do not worry about how the direction the light enters their eye's and/or illuminate their bodies.

"Communication patterns, for example, change with increased light availability at night for certain species of birds. Eagle owls use white throat feathers to communicate with other birds at night, and tend to increase this activity during nights surrounding the full moon when their feathers are more visible. Other owls, on the other hand, avoid activity during full moons, a behavior that scientists think helps them avoid predators."

"Doodlebugs — the larvae of dragonfly-like insects called antlions — actually dig larger holes for trapping insect prey during full moons. This changed behavior may be the result of their insect prey becoming more active under the light of the full moon, making the extra effort of digging larger holes pay off."

"Research has shown that lions consume less food during moonlit nights, possibly because prey is less active during these times."

"Bats, such as this vampire bat, tend to decrease their activity during nights when the moon is bright. “The reduction in activity probably reflects predation avoidance,” Kronfeld-Schor explained. The bats would simply be more visible to predators. On islands where bats have few predators, nocturnal species come out in force, as usual, at night"

Nightjars, which are insect-loving birds, increase their bug chomping on bright moonlit nights. They also “avoid activity on dark nights,

Some animals, such as spiny mice, reduce or increase their body temperature in response to moonlight levels. “Common spiny mice (Acomys cahirinus) reduce activity and body temperature, and aggressive intra-specific encounters are higher in response to light at night,” Kronfeld-Schor said. “Moreover, during full moon nights, their foraging activity is lower.” 

Just want to point out lowering of body temperature to save calories as a survival mechanism is not that uncommon and occurs during full and new moons depending on the species.

"The moon is like nature’s flashlight for nocturnal predators such as the aye-aye. The aye-aye is a type of lemur native to Madagascar. Primates that are normally active during the night will actually shift their entire daily schedule in response to lunar movements. During new moon periods, for example, these primates may become fully diurnal (activity during the day), “compensating for the lack of nocturnal activity,” Kronfeld-Schor said."

Seems activity may be a result of common survival behaviors.  I can find more examples of animals either being more active or less active. 

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2016, 12:20:02 PM »

What property of polarized light is dangerous and not found in normal light?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

LuggerSailor

• 12 men on the Moon, 11 of them Scouts.
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2016, 01:36:53 PM »
What property of polarized light is dangerous and not found in normal light?

Its Bendyness is aligned :-o
LuggerSailor.
Sailor and Navigator.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2016, 01:58:42 PM »
Wow, John, you seem to have gotten the dog pack into a frenzy.   I wonder why they get so mad when people do actual research?  Perhaps their handlers did not coach them on how to handle this knowledge? 

Edit for typo
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 02:37:47 PM by jroa »

Conker

• Official FES jerk / kneebiter
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2016, 02:21:25 PM »
John, it is wonderful to have actual research instead of people out-armchairing each other. I really feel like you are one of the few people actually interested in science on the forum. That's why we would really love to have your report published here first.
This is not a joke society.
Quote from: OpenedEyes
You shouldn't be allowed to talk on a free discussion forum.