Collection of dates for significant events

• 25 Replies
Collection of dates for significant events
« on: November 12, 2015, 08:37:19 PM »
See my latest post on this thread for the updated list (April 2017)
New list as of April 2016 (updated September 2016)

Now to 6 months:
  • April and May 2016
    The next two SpaceX launches will be ocean-landings, and the following one will be RTLS - Return To Launch Site.This was mostly correct, the next 2 were successful ocean landings, however, there was a 3rd unsuccessful ocean-landing before the RTLS successful landing.
  • Summer 2016
    SpaceX will begin testing their new Raptor engine
They did, indeed Raptor video with audio
  • September 26-30 2016
    At the International Astronautical Congress this year, Elon Musk is expected to reveal SpaceX's plans for Mars colonization. It's rumored that it will make NASA's #JourneyToMars look like child's play. http://www.iac2016.org/
Han Solo: It's true. All of it. Mars Video

6 months to a year:Now to a year
  • November 2016Delayed till early 2017
    Falcon Heavy Launch Demo. Pushed back from May (as noted in this thread).
    The first Crew Dragon. A commercial company sending people to space will be a first. This will mark a return to human spaceflight from USA.

1 to 3 years
    • SpaceX to send Dragon 2 to Mars
    • Blue Origin plans on sending its first customers to space.
    • JWST - James Webb Space Telescope

3 to 5 years
I'll add stuff here after September 2016 Adding stuff now
In 2019 SpaceX will have landed a Red Dragon on the surface of Mars and will be getting ready to send another one. By 2020 They'll have made significant progress on the Interplanetary Transport System, probably having the ship and booster built and ready for testing. And I'm guessing, late 2021 there will be much in the news about what is being sent on the first colonization cargo to Mars.

Previously edited November 13, 2015:
    First posted in April 2014. Let's see how things are coming along

Quote from 1 1/2 years ago post
6 months to a year: The upcoming deadline of Richard Branson flying his family up to space is December 2014.
1 to 3 years: Launch of DSCOVR - "early fiscal year 2015" This satellite will sit in L1. The point in between the sun and the Earth where gravity is nullified.  It will be constantly viewing the sunlit half of the Earth.  Should be interesting for future debates and beautiful real-time pictures and footage.
Updated list:
  • December 2014: Richard Branson flying his family up to space Pilot died flying one of the spaceships so jeopardized the future of Virgin Galactic
  • Within the last year: DSCOVR launched on a SpaceX rocket, made it to L1 in the summer and went 'online' with daily photos this fall. epic.gsfc.nasa.gov
  • Now to 6 months: SpaceX will again start launching rockets in December '15 following their June 28th rocket failure. They should be trying again to land rockets vertical. Watching what SpaceX does will be key because they have intentions of making it to Mars within the next 15 years but haven't shared timeline expectations as much as Mars One has.
  • 6 months to a year: Anything special I don't know about? I predict SpaceX will be landing rockets on land within the next year. Edit: thanks to MaNaeSWolf, May 2016, Falcon Heavy Launched - The largest rocket to go into space since the Saturn V -  and if they can get re-usability right, will lower the cost of access to space significantly. Will have double the lifting capacity of the retired space shuttle.
  • 1 to 3 years: Launch of James Webb Space Telescope, October 2018. This is the successor to the Hubble Telescope. It will sit in L2, on the other side of Earth... the cold dark side. Always in the shadow of Earth.  I'm not sure how it relates to a Flat Earth but it should be cool. They recently discovered a planet 30 LY away. It may be the closest one by the time JWST gets up there and we might be able to tell if it has an atmosphere and its makeup.
  • 3 to 5 years: Mars One first unmanned mission to Mars: 2020 (what's the new term that's replacing "unmanned"?). They've already pushed it back 2 years for the unmanned mission if my memory serves correctly.
  • 5 to 10 years: Mars One will establish the first human settlement on Mars in 20231 Pushed back almost almost 4 years.
  • 10 to 20 years: [Mars One] Crews will depart for their one-way journey to Mars starting in 20262 This is what I wrote in April '14: If the Earth is flat I think that we could agree that Mars would be really small.  We'll see if they're surprised when they land on Mars that it's really small. Edit: thanks to MaNaeSWolf, Musk predicts SpaceX will journey towards Mars in 2026.

Any other dates of significant events?

1: Quoted from http://www.mars-one.com/ in April 2014
2: Quoted from http://www.mars-one.com/ in November 2015[/list]
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 05:30:48 PM by FlatOrange »
Quote from: Heiwa
You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

Re: Collection of dates for significant events
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 09:03:48 PM »
One thing I'd like to add is that Jroa asked, why 60 years? Why has it been so long for us to get to Mars when we got to the moon so fast?

Mars is way wayyyy way harder. It's way farther away. The moon is roughly (average rounded) 239,000 miles away. You can get there in about 4 days. Mars on the other hand is way way farther. It could take around 9 months to get there. 9 months of food just to get there. Should I do some math for you to give you an idea of how much food that is??

The rockets to get a crew and their supplies off Earth to last long enough to reach the moon was the best we could do in the Apollo days. You can't just add more supplies and increase your fuel. It's not that easy. Things get exponentially harder when space travel duration is extended.

Add that to the fact that the public has lost a lot of its interest in space. We have presidential campaigners telling kids fixing our potholes is more important than space.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 09:19:52 PM »
- Space X is actually scheduled to launch 3 times from early December to January. Could be a fun time for space enthusiasts. They will be attempting a landing every time. We could easily see the first landing of a first stage ever this year.

- After they stick a landing, they have indicated a big press release for their future plans, leave space open for more significant dates.

- Please remove the joke that is Mars One. Its plan was to make the whole mars thing a reality show. They have no funding nor any idea of how they are going to get people there in the first place.
 From your post it seems you really want Mars One to go, but I am sorry to say, they wont.
More likely; Space X.
Much more likely; an international collaboration between many international space and science agencies lead by Space X.

- Getting to Mars is a lot harder than the moon. But I suspect the real reason why no one has gone to Mars up to now is interest. Going to the Moon took a big part of the USA's budget over many years. NASA's current budget is not anywhere close those levels again. There is no big political reason to do so anymore.
Now relative cost to go to space has actually gone down far enough that private (space X) companies can attempt to fund such a mission, and possibly create a feasible financial plan for doing so.
If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2015, 11:00:05 PM »
- Space X is actually scheduled to launch 3 times from early December to January. Could be a fun time for space enthusiasts. They will be attempting a landing every time. We could easily see the first landing of a first stage ever this year.

- After they stick a landing, they have indicated a big press release for their future plans, leave space open for more significant dates.

- Please remove the joke that is Mars One. Its plan was to make the whole mars thing a reality show. They have no funding nor any idea of how they are going to get people there in the first place.
 From your post it seems you really want Mars One to go, but I am sorry to say, they wont.
More likely; Space X.
Much more likely; an international collaboration between many international space and science agencies lead by Space X.
I'd rather keep Mars One listed as they had very specific dates for their goals. It is interesting to watch them shift and it will be interesting to watch them come and go, if that's the case.

A better joke would be Amazon's Blue Origin... I mean, it's so phallic!

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2015, 11:32:00 PM »

In a comical sense I agree, but in for getting stuff into space, Blue Origin is ahead of Mars One.
At least Blue Origin has a rocket (yet to be flown to space), which is step 1 of going to mars.
Mars One has neither a rocket, or the funding to buy a rocket(s). They are at step 0.1 - create hype.
Im not saying you should remove them from your list, its just that they are not really much of an option for going to mars.

Things you can have on your dates list

- May 2016, Falcon Heavy Launched - The largest rocket to go into space since the Saturn V -  and if they can get re-usability right, will lower the cost of access to space significantly. Will have double the lifting capacity of the retired space shuttle

- 2026, Musk's prediction for going to Mars.
If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

ronxyz

• technologist
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2015, 12:20:03 PM »
Fake moon landing. You can just listen to the first Moon landing audio to verify it was faked. The one way transmission time is 1.3 seconds, Minimum round trip 2.6 seconds. Even if just reading a script you can add at least a second to get ready to reply, 3.6 seconds. Normal conversation may add several seconds, so 4.6 seconds. The audio exchange between base on remote took place with only 1-2 second delays, which is impossible if they were on the Moon. Later they were told to go dark and were told to count to 8 before answering. The astronauts had a little fun with it and made 8  tapping sounds between replies. On other missions they had a coach not on the public channel that would say, talk, to defeat he second counters. I had a stop watch that I used during the first 'mission' and noticed this right away. The command channel was hacked and being rebroadcast locally on uhf high-side (upper off channel), so both could be heard. Nothing NASA does is on the up and up, so take everything with a grain of salt.
If the Earth is a ball why don't we fall off the bottom?

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2015, 02:00:20 PM »

In a comical sense I agree, but in for getting stuff into space, Blue Origin is ahead of Mars One.
At least Blue Origin has a rocket (yet to be flown to space), which is step 1 of going to mars.
Mars One has neither a rocket, or the funding to buy a rocket(s). They are at step 0.1 - create hype.
Im not saying you should remove them from your list, its just that they are not really much of an option for going to mars.

Things you can have on your dates list

- May 2016, Falcon Heavy Launched - The largest rocket to go into space since the Saturn V -  and if they can get re-usability right, will lower the cost of access to space significantly. Will have double the lifting capacity of the retired space shuttle

- 2026, Musk's prediction for going to Mars.

True, true. Blue Origin is a step ahead of Mars One. But even so, Mars One has funders and they still have those dates. I will leave them in the spotlight for now so at the very least we can all laugh later.

Fake moon landing. You can just listen to the first Moon landing audio to verify it was faked. The one way transmission time is 1.3 seconds, Minimum round trip 2.6 seconds. Even if just reading a script you can add at least a second to get ready to reply, 3.6 seconds. Normal conversation may add several seconds, so 4.6 seconds. The audio exchange between base on remote took place with only 1-2 second delays, which is impossible if they were on the Moon. Later they were told to go dark and were told to count to 8 before answering. The astronauts had a little fun with it and made 8  tapping sounds between replies. On other missions they had a coach not on the public channel that would say, talk, to defeat he second counters. I had a stop watch that I used during the first 'mission' and noticed this right away. The command channel was hacked and being rebroadcast locally on uhf high-side (upper off channel), so both could be heard. Nothing NASA does is on the up and up, so take everything with a grain of salt.

Thank you for your input on the moon landings. Fake or not, it is in the past. The goal of this thread is to highlight future milestones. Are companies and governments going to fake Mars trips? A Mars reality show?

What do we have to look forward to in the space/conspiracy world?

Thanks for understanding.

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2015, 02:22:02 PM »
The goal of this thread is to highlight future milestones. Are companies and governments going to fake Mars trips? A Mars reality show?

What do we have to look forward to in the space/conspiracy world?

Thanks for understanding.

It's impossible to predict. What will happen in (insert soap opera of choice) in the future? How can anyone not involved with the script writing possibly know?

I suspect they will fake a Mars mission within ten years. Probably much sooner. On the other hand, if the Neo Flat Earth movement is a psyop as claimed, maybe they are ready to come clean on the lies. Interesting times, that's for sure.
"Indoctrination [...] is often distinguished from education by the fact that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned".

ronxyz

• technologist
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2015, 03:25:24 PM »
The point is you have nothing to look forward to. It is a nice hobby much like the video games so many enjoy. It has been proven the mars rovers are being filmed on Earth, so yes they will continue to fabricate space 'missions'. The idea that it is accepted that the moon missions were faked. but now any new mission will be on the up and up belays logic.

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2015, 04:25:35 PM »
It has been proven the mars rovers are being filmed on Earth,

Source?

The point is you have nothing to look forward to.
I have everything to look forward to. A planet only 30 light years away may have an atmosphere. When will we know? Sometime after JWST is launched.

Flat-earthers will have new sources for analysis/comedic relief. When will that be? Check the post.

It's pretty complicated... I can see why you guys are getting all worked up over it.  ::)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 04:30:00 PM by FlatOrange »

ronxyz

• technologist
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2015, 04:54:52 PM »
Be careful throwing the insult darts around you may hit your ball Earth theory and let all the air out.

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2015, 04:56:14 PM »
Be careful throwing the insult darts around you may hit your ball Earth theory and let all the air out.
There was no insult. I was defending my thread.

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2016, 03:07:27 PM »
SpaceX landing rockets is now a thing. So I can cross landing rockets off the checklist.

Now to 6 months:
  • April and May 2016
    The next two SpaceX launches will be ocean-landings, and the following one will be RTLS - Return To Launch Site.
  • Summer 2016
  • September 26-30 2016
    At the International Astronautical Congress this year, Elon Musk is expected to reveal SpaceX's plans for Mars colonization. It's rumored that it will make NASA's #JourneyToMars look like child's play. http://www.iac2016.org/

6 months to a year:
  • November 2016
    The first Crew Dragon. A commercial company sending people to space will be a first. This will mark a return to human spaceflight from USA.
    Blue Origin plans on sending its first customers to space.

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2016, 07:02:43 PM »
Add that to the fact that the public has lost a lot of its interest in space. We have presidential campaigners telling kids fixing our potholes is more important than space.
Admit it:  You can not even entertain the sheeple. 

You shills are boring.  You only have yourselves to blame. 

Mission to Mars??  Ha!  Bring it on!  The only people who would waste their money on such a hoax are stupid rich people. 

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2016, 07:12:20 PM »

Mission to Mars??  Ha!  Bring it on!  The only people who would waste their money on such a hoax are stupid rich people.

As Tim Urban brilliantly expressed it:

Blue_Moon

• Defender of NASA
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2016, 07:51:36 PM »

As Tim Urban brilliantly expressed it:

"I have needs that aren't being met" hahah ;D
Aerospace Engineering Student
NASA Enthusiast
Round Earth Advocate
More qualified to speak for NASA than you are to speak against them

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2016, 07:54:42 PM »

Looks like someone goofed already and hit your Flat Earth. It has gone flat already and the theory is rapidly deflating too.

And I have always said about that Flat Earth logic boils down to "I don't understand xxx[1] about the Globe, so the earth must be flat!"

As an example, you ask "If the Earth is a ball why don't we fall off the bottom?" Well, have you ever heard of "gravity". A bloke called Newton sort of tied it up, but his work was based not only on his own observations and experiments (with pendulums, falling weights etc), but the observations of many others including Galileo and Hooke.
There was no direct evidence and the value of Newton's "Universal Gravitational Constant", "G", was not know till around 1799 when Henry Cavendish perfomed his famous experiment.

Now if that was a "one off", it would have been dismissed as a fluke, but similar experiments have been performed many times (possibly a hundred) and have verified Cavendish's result to within about 1%.

It does seem interesting that very few if any of the "Flat Earth Hypotheses" have ever been verified by experiment - they just "popped" into someone's head!

So the simple answer to "If the Earth is a ball why don't we fall off the bottom?" is gravitation!

[1] Where xxx is any little bit of the Globe model their tiny minds can't grasp.

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2016, 04:31:07 PM »
I don't remember the sources for these but:

China to moon 2017
ESA to moon 2024
ESA to Mars 2033

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2016, 05:03:19 PM »
ESA can't land on Mars. I mean they have before but they have like <10% success rate. Will SpaceX be able to do it in 2018?

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2016, 11:30:00 AM »
ESA Is 0 for 2 when it comes to landing on Mars. But landing on Mars is hard, so I'm not strong blame them.
I wonder how obnoxious I can make my signature?
Please give me ideas.

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2016, 02:48:07 PM »
ESA Is 0 for 2 when it comes to landing on Mars. But landing on Mars is hard, so I'm not strong blame them.
Lol oops I guess I was thinking of entities not NASA.

Denspressure

• What do you, value?
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2016, 02:53:29 PM »

1 for 2

Beagle 2 landed correctly but not all of its solar panels unfolded. This could be because it landed too trough still, but some of the solar panels DID unfold.
):

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2016, 03:18:35 PM »
Did beagle actually send any data back?
Please give me ideas.

Denspressure

• What do you, value?
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2016, 03:33:40 PM »
Did beagle 2 actually send any data back?

No

You talked about landing something.
You claimed ESA never landed anything correctly without utterly destroying it.

Incorrect, as beagle 2 landed soft enough to unfold some of it solar panels.
The reason why some solar panels did not unfold COULD be because of a landing that was still too hard, or it could be something else. The reason is complete speculation and we have no proof for any theory at all.
):

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2016, 03:56:55 PM »
Yes.  I should have elaborated.
Please give me ideas.

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2017, 05:23:39 PM »
New list as of April 2016 (updated September 2016)

Now to 6 months:
April and May 2016
The next two SpaceX launches will be ocean-landings, and the following one will be RTLS - Return To Launch Site.This was mostly correct, the next 2 were successful ocean landings, however, there was a 3rd unsuccessful ocean-landing before the RTLS successful landing.
Summer 2016
They did, indeed Raptor video with audio
September 26-30 2016
Han Solo: It's true. All of it. Mars Video

6 months to a year:Now to a year
November 2016Delayed till early 2017

1 to 3 years
SpaceX to send Dragon 2 to Mars
JWST - James Webb Space Telescope
Updated April 2017

Now to 6 months:
Falcon Heavy launch demo - this has repeatedly been delayed but I strongly feel that the Falcon 9 accidents (search facebook satellite explosion) are behind them. Falcon Heavy late summer 2017 or I'll [removed] (chuckle chuckle... jk).

6 months to a year:

Another one that's been delayed more than once: The first Crew Dragon. A commercial company sending people to space will be a first. This will mark a return to human spaceflight from USA.

1 to 3 years
SpaceX to send Dragon 2 to Mars Moon. Originally Mars was the goal but what happens when you get a couple of rich people to fork over millions and millions of dollars? Well, goals change. This will still be very exciting.

JWST - James Webb Space Telescope - something I've been looking forward to for years.
3 to 5 years
2020 is SpaceX's next shot at sending a Dragon to Mars. That's 3 years away.
2022 was their original goal for sending cargo there. WOW. Can't wait to see how this unfolds.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 05:53:44 PM by FlatOrange »