Proof of a Flat Earth

• 31 Replies
?

Jadyyn

Proof of a Flat Earth
« on: October 13, 2015, 07:57:21 AM »
Looking over the various threads, it seems to me that most are about disproving a Flat Earth model (as svenaders presents in his "Problems with a flat earth" or my SCP and real boat trip measurements threads) or disproving a rotating Spherical model as most threads tend to turn into. Keep in mind, disproving the Spherical model/map does not prove/disprove a Flat Earth model/map.

Are there any actual PROOFS that the Flat Earth theory/model/map DOES work? (first you will need to present the model/map you use to discuss these).
“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.” W.C. Fields.
"The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
Re: Proof of a Flat Earth
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 08:14:55 AM »
There are proofs all over the place.  You should probably read some.  Others would say that you should lurk moar. 

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 08:28:55 AM »
There are proofs all over the place.  You should probably read some.  Others would say that you should lurk moar.

Really?  I have been here for the greater part of a year and I haven't seen an proofs of flat earth that I couldn't debunk in 5 seconds.  By all means, tell us these proofs you speak of.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2015, 08:53:30 AM »

Really?  I have been here for the greater part of a year and I haven't seen an proofs of flat earth that I couldn't debunk in 5 seconds.  By all means, tell us these proofs you speak of.

Aren't you the guy who ignores anything that goes against the round Earth theory, and then tries to make himself sound smart by posting irrelevant things?

?

Jadyyn

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2015, 10:21:31 AM »
I am simply asking, "Why do you, the FE reader, believe?"

svenaders provided a list of a couple DOZEN reasons not to. I would like to see the DOZEN reasons YOU believe (just saying they exist somewhere on this forum, doesn't count).

I would just like a summary please that anyone can reference.

The proofs should NOT be debated here. If anyone wants to debate them, they should start a new thread.

I just want a "statement of belief" ... like "I believe the Flat Earth theory/model/map is true because of these proofs..."
“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.” W.C. Fields.
"The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2015, 11:19:41 AM »
You do know that this is the debate forum, right?  Why would you ask for people not to debate here? 

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2015, 02:14:48 PM »
Aren't you the guy who ignores anything that goes against the round Earth theory, and then tries to make himself sound smart by posting irrelevant things?

No, you must have me confused with someone else.  I am the person who posted a step by step process of how to make a flat earther out of me and has a $250 challenge asking for any observations that contradict round Earth.  I have been actively seeking out flat Earth proofs and I have been unsuccessful.  Asking flat earthers to be open minded would be hypocritical if I were not open minded myself.

So what are these proofs you speak of?

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2015, 04:25:52 PM »
You do know that this is the debate forum, right?  Why would you ask for people not to debate here?
Proofs please, John.
Bring them to us, if you please.
They are taking the hobbits to Isengard.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2015, 07:52:40 PM »
I think more visitors to this website would be more impressed if the flat earthers would just stop the evasive process and just post at least one proof of a flat earth.

Of course if you want to inject a bit of reality, there is no proof that the earth is the flat disc that the flat earthers claim. On the other hand it is a proven fact that the earth is a sphere.

But it would be interesting to see how inventive the flat earthers could come up with some claims to prove that the earth is flat. But like at least a few other visitors to this forum, I have yet to see any that make any sense. They don't make any sense simply because the idea of a flat earth doesn't make any sense.

I think this is the only section on this website where round-vs-flat can be debated.

The very fact that there is no accurate flat earth map of the entire earth should be proof enough that there is no such thing as a flat earth.
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

?

Jadyyn

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2015, 08:12:36 PM »
I said:
The proofs should NOT be debated here. If anyone wants to debate them, they should start a new thread.

then you said:
Yes, I know this is a debate forum. I said "The proofs should NOT be debated here" in this thread.

If you read what I wrote, I did not say to not debate them, just start a different thread and debate them all you want.

What I want, is simply a list of proofs, in one place, so everyone knows why people believe in a Flat Earth. That is the purpose of THIS thread.

It would also be helpful if someone presented the model/map we should use to discuss the proofs...

?

tappet

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2015, 10:58:22 PM »

No, you must have me confused with someone else.  I am the person who posted a step by step process of how to make a flat earther out of me and has a $250 challenge asking for any observations that contradict round Earth.  I have been actively seeking out flat Earth proofs and I have been unsuccessful.  Asking flat earthers to be open minded would be hypocritical if I were not open minded myself.

Water sits level but will run off a ball. Give the $250 to your church group.

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2015, 03:21:31 AM »

Water gets pulled inwards at a more or less constant rate all over the globe.
Another proof, please?

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2015, 05:42:03 AM »

Perhaps due to a much larger ball in the vicinity?

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2015, 10:14:51 AM »

Have you ever actually tried this?  In most cases (assuming the ball is not hydrophobic) some if the water will actually stick to the ball, rendering it wet.  the reason most of the water does run off the ball is because of the superior gravitational pull of the Earth.  If you try this experiment in free fall (the Earth is in free fal around the Sun, so it's only fair) then we indeed see that water will stick to the ball, reguardless of how much you add.

Sorry, you have failed the challenge.  Feel free to try again.

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2015, 04:49:07 PM »

Oh yeah I forgot about all of those flat earth proofs. Here is a compiled list of them:

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2015, 08:53:23 PM »

Another proof, please?
The water table makes what you just claimed . Total shit talk . What sort of family life must you scum bags have , with your continual perpetually lying every moment of the day.
Pharken lie after lie . What a pathetic exsistance that must be for you.
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.
Shannon Noll and Natalie Bassingthwaighte - Don't…:

?

Jadyyn

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2015, 05:51:55 AM »
So a week later, the only proof of a Flat Earth is:

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2015, 06:44:45 AM »

Another proof, please?
The water table makes what you just claimed . Total shit talk . What sort of family life must you scum bags have , with your continual perpetually lying every moment of the day.
Pharken lie after lie . What a pathetic exsistance that must be for you.
Please explain how the water table makes what i said, in your own words, "Total shit talk"
Why do you assume that I lie to my family?
Even if the world was flat, haven't I been brainwashed by NASA anyway?
Therefore I would only be 'lying' about the shape of the earth. Not to my family every moment of the day.

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2015, 04:16:17 PM »
the reason the solar system is shown all in a line is that gravity pulls them all together so that in their revolution around the sun so they are all on the same horizontal plane, why then does the moon have an elliptical path around the earth?
 The moon actually doesn't orbit the earth, it orbits the sun and the earth changes it direction to appear that it orbits us. how can earth's gravity not only speed up and slow down the moon's rotation around the sun(when the moon is on the sun side of earth the sun would exert a different strength of force then when the moon is on the Mars side of earth), but also constantly change its orbital path without making the whole system unstable. All of it makes no sense, if the sun is constantly exerting energy to bring all planetary bodies closer to it, than what force is constantly exerting energy   to move earth in a opposite direction. The earth cannot gain speed without a force acting upon it, yet the sun is constantly drawing earth closer. the only possibility is the earth would keep slowing down in its orbit until it collides with the sun.
"If you were me, then I'd be you. You can't stop me no matter who you are!" - Ace Ventura pet detective

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2015, 01:27:15 AM »
the reason the solar system is shown all in a line is that gravity pulls them all together so that in their revolution around the sun so they are all on the same horizontal plane, why then does the moon have an elliptical path around the earth?
 The moon actually doesn't orbit the earth, it orbits the sun and the earth changes it direction to appear that it orbits us. how can earth's gravity not only speed up and slow down the moon's rotation around the sun(when the moon is on the sun side of earth the sun would exert a different strength of force then when the moon is on the Mars side of earth), but also constantly change its orbital path without making the whole system unstable. All of it makes no sense, if the sun is constantly exerting energy to bring all planetary bodies closer to it, than what force is constantly exerting energy   to move earth in a opposite direction. The earth cannot gain speed without a force acting upon it, yet the sun is constantly drawing earth closer. the only possibility is the earth would keep slowing down in its orbit until it collides with the sun.
Is your problem with cosmology, because I don't think that any of us here have a degree in it.
Maybe contact one and ask?
We can debate minutiae of all scientific doctrines that disprove the flat earth, but the burden of proof does lie on the Flat Earth movement.
Even if you dispute all proof of the earth being round, that still doesn't prove that the earth is flat.

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2015, 01:32:43 PM »
Is your problem with cosmology, because I don't think that any of us here have a degree in it.
We can debate minutiae of all scientific doctrines that disprove the flat earth, but the burden of proof does lie on the Flat Earth movement.
Even if you dispute all proof of the earth being round, that still doesn't prove that the earth is flat.
NO, your right. This doesn't prove earth is flat, but it definitely shows why the proposed model of the earth moving around the sun is false
"If you were me, then I'd be you. You can't stop me no matter who you are!" - Ace Ventura pet detective

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2015, 03:14:31 PM »
NO, your right. This doesn't prove earth is flat, but it definitely shows why the proposed model of the earth moving around the sun is false
Well, unless you have a degree in cosmology, or have at least corresponded with someone who has, then you aren't right yet.
There could be a logical reason behind why this phenomena occurs.
However, this thread is not 'Proof of Heliocentrism' this thread is 'Proof of a flat earth'.
Even if the current cosmological model is wrong, that doesn't mean that a. The earth isn't round and b. that the earth is flat.
Moar proofs plz.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2015, 04:41:44 PM »
What does cosmetology have to do with the shape of the Earth?

chtwrone

• Well done NASA - 12 men on the moon and back again
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2015, 06:06:07 PM »

Of course the moon orbits the earth - what do you think causes the tides that occur on a regular and predictable cycle each day?

And just because you don't understand orbital mechanics, does not therefore invalid the RE model. All that is simply shown here, is that your ignorance and lack of comprehension is off the scale.

How do you explain the accepted facts concerning the scores of moons that orbit other celestial bodies in our solar system, or are you now just going to label all the world's astronomers as corrupt and paid NASA employees?

Any body can look through even a small telescope and witness for themselves, the 4 largest moons of Jupiter and their orbits around the planet. Our moon is no different in the way that it orbits our earth - as small celestial bodies orbiting larger celestial bodies is commonplace in the universe.

Well done NASA - 12 men on the moon and back again.

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2015, 06:21:06 PM »
idk.
Ask beanstockBBQ.
Cosmology btw

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2015, 11:01:50 PM »

Of course the moon orbits the earth - what do you think causes the tides that occur on a regular and predictable cycle each day?

Any body can look through even a small telescope and witness for themselves, the 4 largest moons of Jupiter and their orbits around the planet. Our moon is no different in the way that it orbits our earth - as small celestial bodies orbiting larger celestial bodies is commonplace in the universe.
Because the centrifugal force is greater than the Moon's gravitational pull, ocean water on the opposite side of the Earth bulges outward at day time as opposed to the moons gravity causing the same bulge during night. So then why are tides weaker at the equator where their is a stronger centrifugal force?

As far as I know every other satellite in our solar system is in line with the sun and planets as it revolves around its respective planet, then why does the moon not do this? As well man-made satellites can supposedly rotate N-S over the poles and yet not be pulled to the equator, "in line" with the rest of the solar system?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2015, 01:44:34 AM »
I am a bit slow! but just what is "cosmetology"?  Is it the study of "cosmetics" or something?  I can't see what that has to with shape of the earth either!

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2015, 07:01:57 AM »
I am a bit slow! but just what is "cosmetology"?  Is it the study of "cosmetics" or something?  I can't see what that has to with shape of the earth either!

You are a bit slow, are you not? 

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2015, 10:03:26 PM »
So, to everybody here, how do you explain the photographs taken of earth being round and the ship and horizon observation? Just curious, and give me valid and thorough evidence.

?

Jadyyn

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2015, 08:36:45 AM »
3 weeks and no FEer can tell us why they believe the Earth is Flat other than: