The sun's path throughout the day during an equinox

• 83 Replies

chtwrone

• Well done NASA - 12 men on the moon and back again
The sun's path throughout the day during an equinox
« on: August 29, 2015, 07:50:09 PM »
I'm not sure if this particular subject has been discussed previously, but here goes anyway.

An equinox occurs twice a year, once on, or around the 21st of March, and again on, or around the 23rd of September. An equinox is when the sun at midday is exactly overhead the equator.  The round earth model accounts for these events because of the 23.5 degree wobble in the earth's axis of rotation throughout the year, and the flat earth theory accounts for this because of the migration throughout the year, of the sun's circular path over the earth, with the sun's path transiting between the Tropic of Cancer in the northern summer, and the Tropic of Capricorn in the southern summer.

So if an observer is located on the equator during an equinox, they will observe in the morning, that the sun appears at first light, moving from an exact easterly position, then moving in an exact straight line throughout the morning until it is directly overhead at midday. At this point the sun  will caste no shadows whatsoever. From midday onwards, the sun is now observed to move in an exact straight line towards the west, until it has eventually disappeared at the end of the day.

You will have noticed the blue highlighting of the words 'exact straight line', which has been deliberate. This is to draw your attention to the fact that the observed path of the sun through the sky during an equinox, is always an 'exact straight line', from the time the sun first appears, through to midday and then till the sun has eventually gone at day's end.

The spherical earth model accounts for the sun's 'exact straight line movement, due to the earth's axis of rotation being 'exactly' perpendicular to the sun on the 21st of March and 23rd of September.

Now we come to the flat earth model, and a big problem arises.

According to the flat earth model, the sun makes a circular path once a day over the earth's surface.
I will say that again - 'The sun makes a CIRCULAR PATH over the earth's surface.'

I will now ask a flat earth proponent to explain how the sun, which is making a CIRCULAR PATH over the earth's surface, can be observed during the equinox, to move in an exact straight line in the sky between morning, midday and evening?

And yes, this observation of a perfectly exact straight-line tracking of the sun is fact, and is observed/celebrated twice a year from the La Mitad del Mundo monument located in Peru, which is situated exactly on the equator. Of course, this observation can be made at any point on the equator during either of the two yearly equinoxes.
Well done NASA - 12 men on the moon and back again.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
Re: The sun's path throughout the day during an equinox
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 08:00:45 PM »
Did you make an experiment to find that it is an exact straight line, or are you just taking the Satanic NASA scientists word for it?  Or, perhaps you have a friend who knows a guy who has an uncle who went to Ecuador on the Equinox and in between glasses of cerveza, conducted detailed experiments for this?  lol

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 08:09:07 PM »
Did you make an experiment to find that it is an exact straight line, or are you just taking the Satanic NASA scientists word for it?  Or, perhaps you have a friend who knows a guy who has an uncle who went to Ecuador on the Equinox and in between glasses of cerveza, conducted detailed experiments for this?  lol

The Sun rises in the East and sets in the west, it does not rise in the north-east and set in the north-west.  That is all the accuracy you need to know that the ridiculous flat Earth predictions are false.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

chtwrone

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2015, 08:11:57 PM »
Wow, you really have got a 'thing' about NASA haven't you, lol.

And no, NASA has nothing to do with the equatorial straight lines during the equinox, this phenomenon has been happening for quite a few billion years now.

This information is readily available for viewing via the following link -

http://www.atmo.arizona.edu/students/courselinks/fall07/nats101s31/lecture_notes/sunpaths.html

- let me know how you get on.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 08:20:05 PM by chtwrone »

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2015, 09:23:25 PM »

And no, NASA has nothing to do with the equatorial straight lines during the equinox, this phenomenon has been happening for quite a few billion years now.

http://www.atmo.arizona.edu/students/courselinks/fall07/nats101s31/lecture_notes/sunpaths.html

You really expect us to take the word of a liberal teacher on this matter?  I bet the teacher never performed these experiments either and is just repeating what the Satanists tell her to teach the naive children in order to further spread the lies and deceit that ensure a new batch of future adults that never question anything they are told.  Do you ever think for yourself? 

chtwrone

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2015, 09:40:03 PM »
Sure I think for myself.

It's obvious that you do your own thinking too, but unfortunately, most of your 'thoughts' and opinions are based on ignorance, which renders most of what you 'think' worthless and without merit or credibility.

So back to the sun and the straight line paths that it is observed to make in the sky, please explain how the sun can do this, if the flat earth model dictates that the sun travels in a curved circular path every 24 hours at a height of 3000 miles?

You see the difference between flat earthers and round earthers is that round earthers base their knowledge on established and proven science (independent of your evil and Satanic Nasa, lol) whereas flat earthers actually just make shit up without ever referring to established fact.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2015, 10:03:55 PM »
You still want for me to tell you how something happens that neither of us is even certain actually happens?  Are you wanting for me to just make something up, like your scientists do? 

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2015, 10:22:57 PM »
Are you wanting for me to just make something up, like your scientists do?

You mean the scientists who "made up" the theories and laws that lead to the invention of the computer?
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2015, 12:21:46 AM »
You still want for me to tell you how something happens that neither of us is even certain actually happens?  Are you wanting for me to just make something up, like your scientists do?

It might sound crazy, but if millions of people can see this happen daily then I believe that it could be something that does happen.
Math is the language of the universe.

The inability to explain something is not proof of something else.

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2015, 01:49:52 AM »

You really expect us to take the word of a liberal teacher on this matter?  I bet the teacher never performed these experiments either and is just repeating what the Satanists tell her to teach the naive children in order to further spread the lies and deceit that ensure a new batch of future adults that never question anything they are told.  Do you ever think for yourself?

Paranoid much?
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

Pezevenk

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2015, 01:52:05 AM »

Oh, by the way, just because you haven't tested it yourself, how do you know it doesn't happen? I mean, you haven't tested yourself how far the moon and the sun is, if they move in a circular path above the earth, if things really don't disappear below the horizon, and if there is an ice wall, but you still believe them.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2015, 01:54:19 AM »

Oh, by the way, just because you haven't tested it yourself, how do you know it doesn't happen? I mean, you haven't tested yourself how far the moon and the sun is, if they move in a circular path above the earth, if things really don't disappear below the horizon, and if there is an ice wall, but you still believe them.

Those are theories that explain phenomena that is witnessed by everyone.  ::)

Pezevenk

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2015, 02:02:26 AM »

Yeah. Much like the fact that the earth is a globe.

Also, what phenomenon does the ice wall explain? Last time I checked, it was just make believe bullshit.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2015, 02:04:15 AM »

Also, what phenomenon does the ice wall explain? Last time I checked, it was just make believe bullshit.

How about the phenomenon of people reporting seeing it? 

Pezevenk

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2015, 02:24:19 AM »

What, the people who say they saw the ice wall?

;D. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Also, I see you believe the one or two idiots who say they have seen the ice wall, but you don't believe the millions of people who witness phenomena that prove a globe earth.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2015, 02:32:25 AM »

;D. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Also, I see you believe the one or two idiots who say they have seen the ice wall, but you don't believe the millions of people who witness phenomena that prove a globe earth.

Even you roundies claim that Antarctica is real.  Icewall is your term, not ours.  ::)

Pezevenk

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2015, 02:41:50 AM »

;D. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Even you roundies claim that Antarctica is real.  Icewall is your term, not ours.  ::)

Have you gone full retard? Have you forgotten already that your flat earth fallacy supports that there is a massive, really really tall wall around Antarctica? Some even say that it's what keeps the atmosphere from falling off of the Earth's disk. Speaking of which, HOW does the atmosphere stay on your flat earth? All I've heard is shit about temperature differences, but we both know that it wouldn't even hold the atmosphere for a decade, and even that is a stretch.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2015, 03:11:56 AM »

;D. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Have you gone full retard? Have you forgotten already that your flat earth fallacy supports that there is a massive, really really tall wall around Antarctica? Some even say that it's what keeps the atmosphere from falling off of the Earth's disk. Speaking of which, HOW does the atmosphere stay on your flat earth? All I've heard is shit about temperature differences, but we both know that it wouldn't even hold the atmosphere for a decade, and even that is a stretch.

No, Antarctica, or the Rim Continent as it is better known to us flat Earthers or the Ice Wall as it is known to you roundies, does not hold anything in except the oceans.  It is land that is covered in ice because it is very far away from the sun.  At those temperatures, water can not even stay vaporized in the air.  If you go much further into Antarctica, closer to the edge, the air becomes so could that gases can not even stay in gaseous form and precipitate out the ground.  There are simply no gases left by the time you reach the edge.  This is my theory, anyway.  You can make up your own about a giant wall as if we were talking about the US/Mexico border if you want to, but don't try to pass your theory of as if it came from a FE'er. 

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2015, 04:09:27 AM »
  If you go much further into Antarctica, closer to the edge, the air becomes so could that gases can not even stay in gaseous form and precipitate out the ground.  There are simply no gases left by the time you reach the edge.  This is my theory, anyway. 
It's not a theory, it's complete speculation, based on absolutely nothing.

Now, how about addressing the phenomenon in OP instead of doing your usual thread diversion?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2015, 05:31:45 AM »
Now, how about addressing the phenomenon in OP instead of doing your usual thread diversion?

Someone claimed that I believe a wall of ice keeps the atmoplane in.  I am not the one who derailed, but I had to defend myself against such ridiculous allegations.  I have my good name to uphold, thank you very much. 

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2015, 06:58:25 AM »
So back to the sun and the straight line paths that it is observed to make in the sky, please explain how the sun can do this, if the flat earth model dictates that the sun travels in a curved circular path every 24 hours at a height of 3000 miles?
Easy:  the same way it does in your fantasy model world. 

Next silly question? 

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2015, 07:04:09 AM »

Next silly question?

I think that says it all,   you obviously don't know the difference between a straight line and a circle,  no wonder you think the earth is flat.   

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Pezevenk

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2015, 07:20:20 AM »

Someone claimed that I believe a wall of ice keeps the atmoplane in.  I am not the one who derailed, but I had to defend myself against such ridiculous allegations.  I have my good name to uphold, thank you very much.

I didn't say that YOU believe that the ice wall keeps the atmosphere in, but many flat earthers do.

Now your theory is entertaining to think about, but there is no proof of any of it. The only way for it to work is if the liquid gases flowed back into the zone where they would reevaporate. However, since the ice contracts the colder it gets, so it's reasonable that instead of getting higher the closer you get to the edge, it would get lower and the liquid gases would flow away into the void. Another problem is that I sincerely doubt that a planet with such volcanic activity would ever get THAT cold.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2015, 07:26:54 AM »

I didn't say that YOU believe that the ice wall keeps the atmosphere in, but many flat earthers do.

Now your theory is entertaining to think about, but there is no proof of any of it. The only way for it to work is if the liquid gases flowed back into the zone where they would reevaporate. However, since the ice contracts the colder it gets, so it's reasonable that instead of getting higher the closer you get to the edge, it would get lower and the liquid gases would flow away into the void. Another problem is that I sincerely doubt that a planet with such volcanic activity would ever get THAT cold.

You are not thinking correctly.  If liquid gases were flowing towards the edge, they would continue to get colder and would eventually create a dam because they would become solid.  This dam would stop the fluid movement towards the edge and eventually, things would have to flow back towards the warmer areas where the gases would simply evaporate again.  It is simple physics. 

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2015, 08:10:43 AM »

Next silly question?
I think that says it all,   you obviously don't know the difference between a straight line and a circle,  no wonder you think the earth is flat.
Is that a joke??????  There is no "straight" line in your fantasy-sphere model either ---- even though you are lying in saying there is. 

Note to honest folks: 
The liars tell us that the non-existent atmosphere creates optical effects by virtue of light defraction.  They use that lie to con us into rejecting everything we see in plain sight and to con the world into accepting their fantasy model.  Therefore, use their fantasy-physics against them and demand that they adhere to their own nonsense principles consistently.  If you apply their lies consistently, the premise in their pretend-questions becomes nonsense. 
The shill here in this thread is telling us that we "see" a straight line when we do not --- when a "straight" line is not physically possible in their own fantasy-sphere model.  What appears to them as a "straight" line is a result of perspective and they know it. 

Pezevenk

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2015, 08:19:22 AM »

Next silly question?
Is that a joke??????  There is no "straight" line in your fantasy-sphere model either ---- even though you are lying in saying there is. 

Note to honest folks: 
The liars tell us that the non-existent atmosphere creates optical effects by virtue of light defraction.  They use that lie to con us into rejecting everything we see in plain sight and to con the world into accepting their fantasy model.  Therefore, use their fantasy-physics against them and demand that they adhere to their own nonsense principles consistently.  If you apply their lies consistently, the premise in their pretend-questions becomes nonsense. 
The shill here in this thread is telling us that we "see" a straight line when we do not --- when a "straight" line is not physically possible in their own fantasy-sphere model.  What appears to them as a "straight" line is a result of perspective and they know it.

Light "defraction"?? Well, that must be a new thing. I've never heard of such thing as "defraction".

Or do you mean refraction? In case you believe refraction does not exist, I'll be happy to prove you wrong.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2015, 08:25:06 AM »

Next silly question?

Note to honest folks: 

Light "defraction"?? Well, that must be a new thing. I've never heard of such thing as "defraction".

Or do you mean refraction? In case you believe refraction does not exist, I'll be happy to prove you wrong.

I think he meant diffraction.  Or maybe refraction.  Who knows.  You can't argue without simply nitpicking at grammar? 

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2015, 08:32:38 AM »

No, do not bother going off on any more tangents.  I believe it. 

Note to honest folks: 
If the liars can use the refraction/diffraction/whatever principles to explain their illusions, then we can do the same.  We can say that the properties of light create the illusion of a "globe" model too. 

Every day, we see triangulation of the sun's rays through the clouds.  How do they explain that?  They say it is an illusion.  Let them explain their illusion.  It is not the job of honest folks to explain their illusions. 
It is not an illusion. 

Pezevenk

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2015, 08:37:16 AM »

Next silly question?

Note to honest folks: 

You can't argue without simply nitpicking at grammar?

Said jroa.

And I did provide my argument. And diffraction has nothing to do with anything. And he seems like he has no clue what he's talking about.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2015, 08:48:28 AM »
Are you saying that diffraction does not occur with light?  Also, you did not even address  Charming Anarchist's points.  How do light rays diverge through a cloud when it should be parallel?