The Bible Seems To Read The Earth Is Flat And Stationary

• 108 Replies

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
Re: The Bible Seems To Read The Earth Is Flat And Stationary
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2015, 05:36:44 PM »
At the time the Bible was written the word "circle" would also be used to describe an orange because they had no word for sphere.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

Vauxhall

• dark matter does not exist
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2015, 05:41:52 PM »
At the time the Bible was written the word "circle" would also be used to describe an orange because they had no word for sphere.

Incorrect. There were multiple words for "sphere". "Ball" was one of them.
Read the FAQS.

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2015, 06:33:44 PM »
this topic is a pigeonhole that Orlando Ferguson of the 1800's was burrowed into probably for most his life. Just search for "Orlando Ferguson" and his map will be only search result.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 06:48:18 PM by neutral22 »

« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2015, 07:30:12 PM »
So this forum is full of God haters?

God is holy and just but He loved you so much, even though you are a God hater and a sinner, to send His only begotten Son Jesus Christ to die for the sins of the world. All you have to do is repent and turn to Him to have your sins forgiven. Otherwise your sins will fall upon your own head and it won't be fun for you on Judgment Day.

Humble yourself and be reconciled to God through the Lord Jesus Christ or continue to be an enemy of God and receive the wrath of God that is to come.

Oh Jamaal. You have fallen for Satan's trick. Jesus is misdirection. So sad.
Remember, evolution has never produced an Oreo in nature, therefore heart surgery is impossible.

« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2015, 08:58:35 PM »
Why are people on this forum so against God and Jesus? Jamaal quoted scripture with examples of flat earth to demonstrate how bible says earth is flat. He has done so successfully. I can see how the round earthers would bash him because most roundies happen to be atheists, but I'm honestly surprised that he is getting such bashing from fellow flat earthers! We cannot prove flat earth using modern science. So I think using bible to argue flat earth is a great tool and we should use it, cause God is more true then science. Don't get offended but its really stupid for you to believe in flat earth and not in God. No wonder Eric Dubay calls this whole forum a shill. But then again Eric Dubay is a paranoid moron LOL
JJA voted for Pedro

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2015, 08:58:56 PM »
Your god told moses and yoshua to conquer the promised land and kill every man, woman and child who refused to leave.
Nice god you have. Maybe it was your satan who commanded them to do so.

If you are commanded to kill every Round-Earth pagan this is a nice place to start. Welcome!

I demand that all round earth believers be taken to the edge and thrown off.    First class air tickets only.
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2015, 09:01:12 PM »
Why are people on this forum so against God and Jesus? Jamaal quoted scripture with examples of flat earth to demonstrate how bible says earth is flat. He has done so successfully. I can see how the round earthers would bash him because most roundies happen to be atheists, but I'm honestly surprised that he is getting such bashing from fellow flat earthers! We cannot prove flat earth using modern science. So I think using bible to argue flat earth is a great tool and we should use it, cause God is more true then science. Don't get offended but its really stupid for you to believe in flat earth and not in God. No wonder Eric Dubay calls this whole forum a shill. But then again Eric Dubay is a paranoid moron LOL

I think you will find that the vast majority of  millions of Christians around the world, of all denominations  believe the earth is round.     The two beliefs don't go hand in hand.

Eric Dubay is a paranoid delusional nutcase,   he even bans his own supporters.   The test of an open forum to my mind,  is, does it allow all points of view without prejudice.    I think you'd be hard pressed to find a more diverse group than this forum.   We've got time travellers,  Andromedians,  genuine tin hat flat earth psychos,   god,   a few that are in their own little world, like  sceptimatic and  Anders Bjorkman.   You need an open mind and clear thinking.   

If you are challenged to find that someone doesn't think the bible is to be taken literally,  then you aren't ready.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 11:22:35 PM by Rayzor »
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

?

tappet

« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2015, 11:33:37 PM »
Why are people on this forum so against God and Jesus?
It is this odd behaviour on this forum when the bible is mentioned that drew my attention to it.
The barrage when God/Jesus is mentioned is over the top which made me think I should look deeper.

« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2015, 11:36:30 PM »
Bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Circle of the earth is Chug,chug is a central place and if it has a shape it's like a coin
if the bible want's to say the earth is sphere he would say ball - Kador.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2015, 12:47:31 AM »
Bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Circle of the earth is Chug,chug is a central place and if it has a shape it's like a coin
if the bible want's to say the earth is sphere he would say ball - Kador.

It also means "sphere".  Do your research.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2015, 02:30:54 AM »
Not according to any concordance. "Chug" can mean circle, vault, or horizon. http://biblehub.com/hebrew/2329.htm

?

Tom

« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2015, 02:43:32 AM »

There are really more options than belief in evolution or belief in the god of the bible. It even doesn't mean that there is a true god. Maybe we are 'fallen angels' or just expressions of life that are programmed and exploited.
Or something happened, an experiment gone wrong.

Nevertheless, having to choose between evolution or god is a wrong choice. It is like choosing between god and the devil, between two playing soccer teams, between the dems and the reps, between the red and the blue.

?

Tom

« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2015, 03:14:48 AM »

Incorrect. There were multiple words for "sphere". "Ball" was one of them.

Exactly, for example the word 'kadur' meaning 'ball', see Yeshayahu 22.18

The earth as a sphere you would call 'kadur ha’aretz' (ball of the land).
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 06:52:55 AM by Tom »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2015, 05:06:01 AM »
All people have  a so called belief in all channels in life, whether it's religion or the shape of the Earth or a universe and so on.
The real truth is hard to gather on just about anything that we cannot physically verify and in that case, it has to be a reliance on faith, which religion basically is.
However; so is a so called scientific approach to Earth's shape and space. It's all based on faith for those who are adamant about it's true shape. Unfortunately for those people, they deem faith as true scientific fact but pass it off as a theory. Basically they cover all bases.
Hypocrisy is a better word for it.

I don't believe in a god or a set Earth shape or universe. I have a few thoughts based on logical assumption of what it could all be, but that's all it is.
Now, because our lives are basic and we do not possess magic, yet appear to accept magic as being a real thing, then most of us are easily duped into a belief system set out for us.

Those who try to look closer to the magicians' hands and trying to discard his fancy talk, can see that this magic is potentially nothing more than tricks.

So how do we find out the truth of something if we aren't allowed to go hunting for it?
If we can't stand behind the magicians and can only look but not touch and are not allowed to venture too far into the real archives of history or into the real discoveries, physically, then all we rely on is word of mouth and so called artifacts and scripts etc, of the history we are told about.

Take the bible as an instance. Which one is true or which one is truer?
Which bible tells the most logical story and which one tells the least logical?

In the grand scheme of our known reality; either bible can be correct, or none of them. They could simply be pieces in a game, like a strategic game of chess, played by those that set them out to control sections of the world's people.

Basically, as we all say. If everyone was the same then the world would be a boring place. Sectioning everything, including the people and their thoughts into different belief's, ensures that a game can be played and that all people will play that game. It's just a case of choosing a section to stand in. This includes atheists and all other non-religious names given out.

So when you pick up a bible, you have to ask yourself: was it written in one day?....a week?...a month?...a year?....a century?...and so on. How many people added to the bible?
What parts are correct in any one bible and is it possible that the bible is based on a sort of Chinese whisper game, except that what's passed on is turned into writing of that time and later copied as time goes on, omitting certain writings' and adding writings' in their places?

I don't know the answers to any of this. I am not religious. I'd say I'm agnostic, I suppose. I can't dismiss anything totally out of hand, if I'm totally honest.
I can, however, severely doubt a lot of things in how they are told to us as not being entirely true, until I can have some physical proof or at the very least a logical insight into the workings of a lot of the stuff that we question.

It's not too much to ask, yet it seems to be, as far as authority goes. It seems that we, as human beings, among human beings, are not classed as equal and do not deserve answers, or shall I say, genuine answers to our questions, nor are we entitled to physically go and find out for ourselves.

Is the Earth more scary than we think it is and we are being protected?
Is the Earth a paradise and we are placed on sections of it that we are made to believe are a comfort while the rest is inhospitable?
Are we told of a globe so that we have to accept that we are covering this ball with nowhere else to go, except a fantasy of outer space and a possible future release should a scary city sized chunk of rock smash into us that just floats around in space with our name on it, just to keep us controlled and scared?

Why is God made to be fearful?
Why are people said to be God fearing people?
Why does the devil give people excellent powers to do bad things and rewards them on Earth, yet punishes them once they die?
Why doesn't God strike down the bad people at the time whilst allowing the devil to dictate their path in life and death?
Why do we need to go to a large building to pray to a God that will not show their face?
Why do we need a building at all?

You see,there's a lot of stuff to think about. I've just scratched the surface and yet I cannot tell anyone that there is no God, because I simply do not know. All I know is, it requires questioning like many other things and the only right answers can come by seeing physical proof of what the writings portray.

That's my thought's.

« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2015, 09:30:17 AM »
tl&dr
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

The Ellimist

• "Let us play a game, Crayak."
Additionally, we cannot entirely rule out the nefarious effects of demons, spirits, gnomes, and wizards on our society's ability to comprehend our flat earth as it really is. 

iWitness

• If the earth is round then what is your problem?
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2015, 04:24:52 AM »
Don't forget the "Firmament" or Hebrew word "Raqiya" implies the Sky is a Solid Dome that separates Water above from Water below.

Praise him, you highest heavens and you waters above the skies.
Psalm 148:4

^^Written well after the Flood, so no folks the Firmament was NOT a vanishing canopy.

And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
Genesis 1:6-8

And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so. And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good. And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so. And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And the evening and the morning were the third day.
Genesis 1:9-13
Disclaimer: I am confused. Everything I say is speculative and not admissible in a court of law; however, I am neither insane nor a threat to myself or others. I am simply curious about everything in life and enjoy talking about crazy shit. Oh, & btw I like turtles.

iWitness

• If the earth is round then what is your problem?
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2015, 04:27:45 AM »
Actually, however you interpret the story of Adam and Eve, it does say that Adam had many sons and daughters. I'm of course inclined to disagree with Jamaal about the whole Jeebus thing, and telling me I have to accept him or the Devil just seems stupid, but then, we don't believe in the whole Devil BS either. Satan is the Prosecuting Attorney of G-d's Heavenly Court.

I personally find the whole Bible thumping, G-d bothering types, profoundly offensive. My personal response is that they can kiss my Jewish tukhis, and take their Jeebus business elsewhere. I have very little respect for that variety of Christianity. As little respect as I have for Atheism, I think I have even less for that type of Christianity (or Islam). I am ok with the Church of England, the Lutherans, that kind of thing. They at least generally think before they open their yaps. Roman Catholics aren't too obnoxious, generally.

Well, all that is as it may be. Life goes on, I suppose.

Here's what Jesus thinks of you 'Fake Jews':

I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars--I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you.
Revelation 3:9

You claim to follow the law, but you have no Ark of the Covenant. You are living in rebellion to the Lord, denying His One and Only Son. You stand condemned, and when the Lord returns in all his glory you will pay the punishment for your sins.
Disclaimer: I am confused. Everything I say is speculative and not admissible in a court of law; however, I am neither insane nor a threat to myself or others. I am simply curious about everything in life and enjoy talking about crazy shit. Oh, & btw I like turtles.

« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2015, 04:30:14 AM »
iWitness, you mean the guy that probably never existed historically? I'll keep that in mind.

« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2015, 04:37:04 AM »
Actually, however you interpret the story of Adam and Eve, it does say that Adam had many sons and daughters. I'm of course inclined to disagree with Jamaal about the whole Jeebus thing, and telling me I have to accept him or the Devil just seems stupid, but then, we don't believe in the whole Devil BS either. Satan is the Prosecuting Attorney of G-d's Heavenly Court.

I personally find the whole Bible thumping, G-d bothering types, profoundly offensive. My personal response is that they can kiss my Jewish tukhis, and take their Jeebus business elsewhere. I have very little respect for that variety of Christianity. As little respect as I have for Atheism, I think I have even less for that type of Christianity (or Islam). I am ok with the Church of England, the Lutherans, that kind of thing. They at least generally think before they open their yaps. Roman Catholics aren't too obnoxious, generally.

Well, all that is as it may be. Life goes on, I suppose.

Here's what Jesus thinks of you 'Fake Jews':

I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars--I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you.
Revelation 3:9

You claim to follow the law, but you have no Ark of the Covenant. You are living in rebellion to the Lord, denying His One and Only Son. You stand condemned, and when the Lord returns in all his glory you will pay the punishment for your sins.
Don't be lunatic iWitness, this bullshit has nothing to do with real life jews are the same "shit" as every human beings. if you keep with these fairy tales you will truly become lunatic. Jesus is for lunatics - science is for liars and fraudsters

« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2015, 04:43:07 AM »
The whole "JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEBUS" thing just drives me insane. There is absolutely no evidence that he even existed aside from stuff that was written AFTER his supposed death.Even if he did exist, its like, so what? He was one of about 200,000 Jews that paid the ultimate price for pissing off the Roman Imperial State. And?  Who cares? How in any way does that make him unique? The whole "risen from the dead" crap is so pagan as to be obscene. Christianity is a clever blend of Judaism of Paganism. It worked quite well, I'll give them that.

?

Tom

« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2015, 05:11:08 AM »
The whole "JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEBUS" thing just drives me insane. There is absolutely no evidence that he even existed aside from stuff that was written AFTER his supposed death.Even if he did exist, its like, so what? He was one of about 200,000 Jews that paid the ultimate price for pissing off the Roman Imperial State. And?  Who cares? How in any way does that make him unique? The whole "risen from the dead" crap is so pagan as to be obscene. Christianity is a clever blend of Judaism of Paganism. It worked quite well, I'll give them that.

Judaism is based on paganism as well.

Why did you convert?

Do you keep all 613 mitzvot precisely? Do you study Talmud on a daily basis?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 05:20:49 AM by Tom »

« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2015, 05:24:44 AM »
I am a Jew. My family was non-Observant, so it is true that my first experience with religion was Christianity, specifically the Roman Catholic Church and the Church of England, but once I realised that we were Jewish in our ethno-religious heritage, that is what I naturally went to.

I shall disagree with you that Judaism is based on Paganism, although it does have Pagan influence, granted. Certainly NOT to the point that Christianity does, but some. Particularly neo-Platonism, and that kind of thing.

But Ancient Israelite Religion, which became Hebrew Faith, which became nascent Judaism, which flowered into full-scale Temple Judaism, which turned into Rabbinical Judaism (at the same time that Christianity was forming), always made distinctions between itself and paganism. That was the whole point. If you read Leviticus, that was the whole point of the Holiness Code, which is where you get the commandments for men not to lie with other men, and to maintain a beard (which I do; naturally, I don't lie with other men, either), and several other things, and so-on.

Now, was Judaism in its fundamental origin at the beginning of time similar in some ways to other beliefs? Well, sure. I suppose when there's only a limited number of nations on earth, there's probably going to be a limited number of beliefs. That is why the Creation in Genesis sounds similar to the same story in Mesopotamia, and similar places. They are right next to each other, after all.  But ultimately, Judaism separated itself out and went its own way, separate from the heathens, and kept itself pure.  Christianity didn't do that.

?

Tom

« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2015, 05:29:26 AM »
I am a Jew. My family was non-Observant, so it is true that my first experience with religion was Christianity, specifically the Roman Catholic Church and the Church of England, but once I realised that we were Jewish in our ethno-religious heritage, that is what I naturally went to.

I shall disagree with you that Judaism is based on Paganism, although it does have Pagan influence, granted. Certainly NOT to the point that Christianity does, but some. Particularly neo-Platonism, and that kind of thing.

But Ancient Israelite Religion, which became Hebrew Faith, which became nascent Judaism, which flowered into full-scale Temple Judaism, which turned into Rabbinical Judaism (at the same time that Christianity was forming), always made distinctions between itself and paganism. That was the whole point. If you read Leviticus, that was the whole point of the Holiness Code, which is where you get the commandments for men not to lie with other men, and to maintain a beard (which I do; naturally, I don't lie with other men, either), and several other things, and so-on.

Now, was Judaism in its fundamental origin at the beginning of time similar in some ways to other beliefs? Well, sure. I suppose when there's only a limited number of nations on earth, there's probably going to be a limited number of beliefs. That is why the Creation in Genesis sounds similar to the same story in Mesopotamia, and similar places. They are right next to each other, after all.  But ultimately, Judaism separated itself out and went its own way, separate from the heathens, and kept itself pure.  Christianity didn't do that.

So, your mother is Jewish?

Why then do you call yourself Ben Avraham (son of A)?

So, you have your own version of Judaism.

According to the Thorah and the traditions, you are obligated to keep the 613 Mitzvot? Do you?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 09:41:17 AM by Tom »

« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2015, 05:36:43 AM »
You know your shit. I'm impressed. I am ben Avraham, not because I am a convert, but because my father's Hebrew name happens to be Avraham. Go figure. My mother is Jewish. Again, not that it mattered in either case. Neither was Observant. Of course I keep the Mitzvot. Or, well, I keep them to the best ability that any Jew might.Obviously, there is nothing like perfect keeping of the Mitzvot, but that is not what G-d requires. Paul was the one who came up with that shit. In fact, Jeremiah made clear that what G-d wanted more than anything was a contrite heart. The Later Prophets and the Psalms make clear that G-d doesn't expect perfect obedience, although, that is what we should strive for. What he wants is the striving, and a contrite heart. All this crap about needing the blood of his son BS to save us from our sins is Pauline silliness.

« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2015, 05:50:45 AM »
Yaakov you have to decide - GOD+FLAT EARTH or ATHEISM and round earth.
if you say accept science you deny god.

?

Tom

« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2015, 05:53:24 AM »
You know your shit. I'm impressed. I am ben Avraham, not because I am a convert, but because my father's Hebrew name happens to be Avraham. Go figure. My mother is Jewish. Again, not that it mattered in either case. Neither was Observant. Of course I keep the Mitzvot. Or, well, I keep them to the best ability that any Jew might.Obviously, there is nothing like perfect keeping of the Mitzvot, but that is not what G-d requires. Paul was the one who came up with that shit. In fact, Jeremiah made clear that what G-d wanted more than anything was a contrite heart. The Later Prophets and the Psalms make clear that G-d doesn't expect perfect obedience, although, that is what we should strive for. What he wants is the striving, and a contrite heart. All this crap about needing the blood of his son BS to save us from our sins is Pauline silliness.

All right. It is of course not of my business what you do or don't do.

Animal sacrifices are silly (and cruel) as well. The whole thing is. The killing of men, women and children, the Israelites had to do commissioned by hashem. The chosen people, the blood covenant, the killing of Israelites who didn't do exactly what hashem (through moses) told them to do.

It is probably difficult for you see what an awful fascist your god is. I hope it is not true (well, I know it for sure) and hope there won't be a third temple. Life will be awful (it already is).

Besides, there is no evidence for the existence of Avraham, Jaakov and his 12 sons, nor David or Solomon, whatsoever.

I can't believe that people fall for this kind of shit. All right, I did it too (that's what parents and other people teach you to do, you know) until I really did some proper research.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 06:01:22 AM by Tom »

« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2015, 05:55:40 AM »

Animal sacrifices is silly as well. The whole thing is. The killing of men, women and children, the Israelites had to do commissioned by hashem. The chosen people, the blood covenant, the killing of Israelites who didn't exactly do what hashem (through moses) told them to do.

It is probably difficult for you see what an awful fascist god is. I hope it is not true (well, I know it for sure) and hope there won't be a third temple. Life will be awful.

Besides, there is no evidence for the existence of Avraham, Jaakov and his 12 sons, nor David or Solomon, whatsoever.

I can't believe that people fall for this shit.
That's right Moses and his cruelty are the same as round earth and science the same matter.

?

Tom

« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2015, 05:58:53 AM »

Animal sacrifices is silly as well. The whole thing is. The killing of men, women and children, the Israelites had to do commissioned by hashem. The chosen people, the blood covenant, the killing of Israelites who didn't exactly do what hashem (through moses) told them to do.

It is probably difficult for you see what an awful fascist god is. I hope it is not true (well, I know it for sure) and hope there won't be a third temple. Life will be awful.

I can't believe that people fall for this shit.
That's right Moses and his cruelty are the same as round earth and science the same matter.

It's all a lie.

« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2015, 06:01:07 AM »
I disagree, MODESTMAN. I think G-d and Round Earth go together quite nicely. Although the Ancient Hebrews did have an FE worldview, the Bible itself has been, and often is, interpreted in a RE way. I personally do not use it to interpret RE or FE issues at all. The Bible is not, and never has been, a science text, and it should not be, and never should have been, treated as a science book in the classrooms of our nations.

The Bible teaches many great truths. It does so though history, stories, poetry, personal commentary, allegory, myth, legend, and much else. To treat it as a science book is to utterly and completely miss the point. It is absurd.

Animal sacrifices is silly as well. The whole thing is. The killing of men, women and children, the Israelites had to do commissioned by Hashem. The Chosen People, the blood covenant, the killing of Israelites who didn't exactly do what Hashem (through Moses) told them to do.

I can't believe that people fall for this kind of shit. All right, I did it too (that's what parents and other people teach you to do, you know) until I really did some proper research.

Actually, they have just found what appears to be David's Palace in Jerusalem. I am not too worried about them eventually finding proof of the rest of it. And yes, one day, there WILL be a Third Temple, and the Fire Offerings of Israel will be renewed, (G-d willing).

Likewise, it is not my business what you do. But I choose to disagree whole-heartedly with your point of view.